Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2014, 18:29   #6256
BHPian

Re: My Ecosport Trend is almost here (Suggestions)

I will not go for the dealer accessories as they seem to be overpriced. I know someone who owns one of the most reputed accessories stores in Calcutta and he has asked me to get the car to his place.

I am not aware of the DRL availability though there are being sold on ebay.

Reverse Camera - check
Roof Rail - check
Fog Lamp - check
Seat Cover - on Hold
Alloys - on Hold
DRL - No clue
Old 12th January 2014, 18:45   #6257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I agree on the first point you mentioned.It is not stuck properly.
Haven't faced issues on point 2 you mentioned.
Also i have covered around 8K and most of distance is covered between Mangalore-Bangalore. The Road in Shiradi is non-existent.Despite this there is not a single rattle yet(Touchwood).
There are some weak spots w.r.to fit and finish, but then all cars have. For example VW Vento we have (which is the benchmark in this department) has had its AC blower vents broken atleast 3-4 times and still keeps falling off after replace. The Rearview mirror knob keeps falling off.

The biggest advantage of Ecosport which none of the Sedan or Hatch provide is,One can push it through corners,munch miles on a four lane highways and take on really rough/bad road without any worry.
with you.

Surprisingly all the people who own ecosport are extremely happy about the car,
And all the people who dont own the car have tons to talk bad about it.

I personally feel Ford has just got the deliveries wrong and everything else right, in regard to Ecosport

My advice:
Any body wants to buy an ecosport please talk to a guy who already owns it.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 20:53   #6258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The biggest advantage of Ecosport which none of the Sedan or Hatch provide is,One can push it through corners,munch miles on a four lane highways and take on really rough/bad road without any worry.
That's the very reason I guess we all waited for 2+ years and are happy with this product.
Bangalore's roads and traffic tends to bring out the tiniest flaws from any car, especially suspension, rattling plastics, turbo lag, heaviness of the clutch etc. Its high time companies start testing their cars here.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 20:57   #6259
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I personally feel Ford has just got the deliveries wrong and everything else right, in regard to Ecosport D.
Absolutely right. It is perfect for India. However the Ford guys demand forecasting capabilities seem unequal to the task as far as the Indian market is concerned!
Old 12th January 2014, 21:18   #6260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Absolutely right. It is perfect for India. However the Ford guys demand forecasting capabilities seem unequal to the task as far as the Indian market is concerned!
To add to your opinion, the company has allowed the dealers to further complicate /frustrate the consumers buying experience.

Our group of friends have 6 titanium optionals including mine delivered till date because they were prebooked(silver-2, mars red-1, sea grey-1, white-2) and I still know atleast 6 more waiting since July 2nd.

And now they get a reply that they have to wait for 6 more months, what I mean is who has the patience and planning for a car for one year.

IMHO Ford should get their act right before it is too late as they have a right product without much competition at this moment.
Old 12th January 2014, 21:49   #6261
Senior - BHPian

Today evening i got a call from Ford(040-45459393).

She said, due to enormous waiting list, my car will be delivered only in february. I thanked her for the information.

She further told that if i am not satisfied, Ford is giving plenty of options. I said "Not necessary" and ended the call.

I am as clueless about the call as Ford is about the deliveries.

It's been 15 days since the car came home.

Another information: the initial running-in mileage is around 18.4 kmpl(tdci). Driving in traffic free rural roads helps.
ramzsys is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 22:05   #6262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
This was hilarious. About the mileage : My friend is getting 8-10 kmpl only. Though he is driving inside the city only but isn't it a bit too low ?

Also the doors can be opened from inside even when it's locked. Don't know how to set that right.

Last edited by dean5545 : 12th January 2014 at 22:06.
Old 12th January 2014, 22:10   #6263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Though he is driving inside the city only but isn't it a bit too low ?

Also the doors can be opened from inside even when it's locked. Don't know how to set that right.
If it is a diesel, then there is reason to be worried. Has he driven a modern diesel before?

Oh and Ford mentions that door opening from inside is for safety. This will be helpful in the time of an accident. Ford mentioned this in the 'quick user guide'.
Old 12th January 2014, 22:15   #6264
BHPian

Quote:
Has he driven a modern diesel ?
His earlier ride was an Innova. Although the highway mileage is good at 17 kmpl, the city mileage is too low.

Even a Fortuner returns more than 9 kmpl that too under heavy acceleration!
Old 12th January 2014, 23:43   #6265
BHPian

Quote:

She said, due to enormous waiting list, my car will be delivered only in february. I thanked her for the information.

She further told that if i am not satisfied, Ford is giving plenty of options. I said "Not necessary" and ended the call.

Another information: the initial running-in mileage is around 18.4 kmpl(tdci). Driving in traffic free rural roads helps.
Hello ramzsys,
Congrats on the delivery. When did you book it? I had booked a tdci titanium option on August 17th. I was verbally promised that by someone from Ford India customer Care that I will get my car in Feb but still haven't got any confirmation and getting a feeling that that they don't have even my booking details in place. I am very confused. Please suggest me how to go about it. Thanks.
Old 12th January 2014, 23:52   #6266
BANNED

Re: My Ecosport Trend is almost here (Suggestions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lover_guy_001 View Post
Thank You for the reply.
Bro, adding Alloy of good looks + quality would push my budget towards the north. Amongst my choice of accessories , I guess the Reverse Camera would be the most expensive buy so swapping it with Alloys(also expensive) would be like compromising with the smooth driving part of it.

Ecosport without the Roof Rails look a bit incomplete and my car is not the titanium version so maybe , the add on roof rail would make it look more handsome.

I am very adamant about the fog lamps because in Calcutta , it rains pretty strong in the monsoons so it will be safe to have that thing.

I am not very aware of the DRL's at the moment so that would be a price dependant add-on.

As you suggested about audio system , I'd like to say that the majority in the forum says that the default audio system is pretty great so I will stick with that.

Seat covers seem to be a good idea though.

Just that I am not too sure about the Parking Camera versus the Reverse Sensor thing.
There is no DLR's available from ford, so you have to get a DLR from outside. Like the lone with 6 led strip. But i dont think its of any use, so you might as well forget about the DRL's.

And about the audio, i have an i20 and a fiesta, both with stock audio. They work absolutely good. I have not upgraded anything.
Since few people are not happy with the stock system, i just suggested you an upgrade it you wanted.

And the difference between a parking camera and sensor is that, in camera the video is displayed in a display unit of the rear portion of the road, so that you don't have to turn around and look if there is any obstacle while reversing. And a sensor only tells you about the obstacle with a beep sound, thus warning you. It will not show you any rear display. However you get an indicator which shows you how much more space you have behind you.
In my fiesta and i20 i just have the sensor, and it indicates me with a beep sound. And i feel this is quite enough.
Old 13th January 2014, 00:08   #6267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You should have played along: they might have given you another one!

~
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 05:32   #6268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys
ramzsys : Another information: the initial running-in mileage is around 18.4 kmpl(tdci). Driving in traffic free rural roads helps.

dean5545
: My friend is getting 8-10 kmpl only. Though he is driving inside the city only but isn't it a bit too low ?
@Dean - your friend is driving in city. @Ramzsys is driving in traffic-free rural areas. Assuming both vehicles have the same engine, the above point alone will make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
It is normal. Only thing is - the alarm will go off.
When the car is locked, you should not be able to open in from outside.

Last edited by condor : 13th January 2014 at 05:34.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 08:43   #6269
Distinguished - BHPian

Buy a DRL kit from Philips, Hella or Bosch. Will cost around 8k but will last a long time without any fading, electrical issues etc.

Finding the ideal place to retrofit them is the bigger issue. Check Google images etc. Some vehicles have ideal places to fit them, some don't. With the EcoSport's tall SUV stance, should not be a major issue! Keep us posted.
Old 13th January 2014, 09:41   #6270
Senior - BHPian

I do not see any issue in ford increasing prices. The product is succesfull and demand exceeds supply. The car offers value at the increased prices also !
They must have kept the initial prices low to attract buyers and now having sold an X number of cars, they feel that they need to make some more money on each unit sold. Fair enough i say ! We as buyers can choose to go somewhere else and there is no question of Ford being unfair or doing something unethical.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks