Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 18:56   #6106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Of late I am observing that there is a disparity between what is observed on the MID and what is calculated via the tankful method with the MID being on the higher side. The latest - 10.6 vs 9.9. Used to be pretty accurate earlier.

Does somebody knows how the MID does the calculation?

Hi ecosport,
I am getting the same figure both ways.
There is disparity between MID and tankful method

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
A suggestion for all EcoSport owners, don't allow your service guys to polish the dash board. During mid day sunny times, the reflection on the glass is too much. (Without polish itself the reflection is there).

Now a doubt, is there a way to reduce the shining of the plastic, so that the reflections can be minimal.
Just get the matt dash polish from sonax brand and it will solve all your reflection problems
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 19:57   #6107
BHPian

Booked the Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium in first week of December at Metro Ford, Palace Cross, Bangalore. The waiting period quoted was an epic 14 months. They were not accepting bookings of titanium option variant. Also, the salesman was trying to hardsell the Fiesta and I could see a sudden glint in his eye when I showed a fleeting interest in it. Next day, he looked crestfallen and completed the formalities with disinterest when I dropped in with the cheque for the Ecosport booking. Hope other manufacturers pull up their sleeves and come up with some real competition to the Ecosport.
Old 30th December 2013, 21:19   #6108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Just get the matt dash polish from sonax brand and it will solve all your reflection problems
Thank you EcoSport rules, when I searched online seems like it is not available in India. the only link I could get was http://littlewordsabc.blogspot.in/p/magic-words.html . Is it available in local shops of Hyderabad.
Old 30th December 2013, 21:42   #6109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you EcoSport rules, when I searched online seems like it is not available in India. the only link I could get was http://littlewordsabc.blogspot.in/p/magic-words.html . Is it available in local shops of Hyderabad.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...te-finish.html

You can see all the details here.
Sonax matt dash polish is available with all Sonax dealers in Minister Road.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-product1.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-81.jpeg  

ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 23:35   #6110
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if Ford has started to deliver Automatics and whats the waiting period nowadays?
Old 30th December 2013, 23:54   #6111
BHPian

Quote:
A suggestion for all EcoSport owners, don't allow your service guys to polish the dash board. During mid day sunny times, the reflection on the glass is too much. (Without polish itself the reflection is there).

Now a doubt, is there a way to reduce the shining of the plastic, so that the reflections can be minimal.
On a sunny day wear polaroid sunglasses. You will find the results to be better than any other solution you will find here
Old 31st December 2013, 02:31   #6112
BHPian

Hi guys!!
After doing around 3000 kms on my diesel ecosport titanium opt I'm getting a mileage of around 15kmpl based on the tankful to tankful method with 80% on highways and 20% in city. I tried to maintain RPM of below 2.5K all along. I did my first service at 2100 kms 15 days back. Do I need to worry about the mileage I'm getting or should I wait for my second free service which is due at 10K kms for the mileage to improve ??
Old 31st December 2013, 03:23   #6113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Does anyone know if Ford has started to deliver Automatics and whats the waiting period nowadays?
Ford has been delivering automatics since July 2013.
The wait period is around one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Hi guys!!
I tried to maintain RPM of below 2.5K all along. I did my first service at 2100 kms 15 days back.?
You are getting the mileage in accordance to the RPM your are maintaining.
If you keep it around 2000 you will get around 17 kmpl.

Mileage will stabilize after 4500km on the odometer as per the manual and has nothing to do with the second service.
Old 31st December 2013, 12:19   #6114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

You are getting the mileage in accordance to the RPM your are maintaining.
If you keep it around 2000 you will get around 17 kmpl.

Mileage will stabilize after 4500km on the odometer as per the manual and has nothing to do with the second service.
To maintain RPM of below 2K I need to drive the vehicle at around 80 - 90 kmph speed which is kind of difficult on highways. I tried doing that and felt like riding a bullock cart. :-))
I really hope my mileage improves in the near future. Right now I'm a bit disappointed.
Old 31st December 2013, 13:16   #6115
BHPian

Quote:

To maintain RPM of below 2K I need to drive the vehicle at around 80 - 90 kmph speed which is kind of difficult on highways. I tried doing that and felt like riding a bullock cart. :-))
I really hope my mileage improves in the near future. Right now I'm a bit disappointed.
I have done around 4500 Kms and on a recent highway drive of about 550 Kms I was able to extract 20.2 kmpl. Upshifting early(1-1.5k) reduces mileage drastically, 2k seems to be more appropriate looking at my recent mileage figures.
Old 31st December 2013, 15:26   #6116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To maintain RPM of below 2K I need to drive the vehicle at around 80 - 90 kmph speed which is kind of difficult on highways.....
I think it's time that you take the car to 3000-3500 rpm and occasional redlining (once the engine is warmed up). FE will also depend on how the engine is run in. I think you need not worry about FE now, rather run in the engine well.
Old 31st December 2013, 15:27   #6117
BHPian

Quote:
I don't feel it any VFM further and hence cancelled my booking.
Did the dealer levy cancellation charges?

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd January 2014 at 07:12. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 31st December 2013, 17:09   #6118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunP_Terry View Post
I cancelled my Ecosport booking and bought the new Terrano. This car is great to drive and has far more space and loving every minute with it.

If you can afford 13L please go for it.
Hey, which variant did you buy and how has the experience been? I see that you are from BLR - did you go with with Surya or Shahwar?
Old 31st December 2013, 19:36   #6119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestallion View Post
Hey, which variant did you buy and how has the experience been? I see that you are from BLR - did you go with with Surya or Shahwar?

Hi,

I bought the 85 PS, XL

Car experience - Great. Its fun to drive. Check the below link. I have posted a few pictures of my recent road trip to Kudremukh national park.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-24.html

Dealer experience - Horrible at Surya Nissan. I would suggest go for Shahwar. But I have heard they too are average. You need to go through couple of months of pain but after that it will be worth it .
Old 31st December 2013, 21:44   #6120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

I think it's time that you take the car to 3000-3500 rpm and occasional redlining (once the engine is warmed up). FE will also depend on how the engine is run in. I think you need not worry about FE now, rather run in the engine well.
I would love to know what mileage other ecosport owners are getting and how and when did the mileage improve over their course of ownership...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks