Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2013, 22:52   #5356
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Got a mail/survey from Ford today asking about the buying experience at the dealership. Interestingly all questions barring a couple were directed at the dealers. My experience has been that once the VIN is allotted its pretty much smooth sailing from the dealers end. So at the end of the day whom should we blame Ford or the dealers? Ford should evaluate itself first before getting into the dealers.
Old 5th November 2013, 22:56   #5357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Got a mail/survey from Ford today asking about the buying experience at the dealership. Interestingly all questions barring a couple were directed at the dealers. My experience has been that once the VIN is allotted its pretty much smooth sailing from the dealers end. So at the end of the day whom should we blame Ford or the dealers? Ford should evaluate itself first before getting into the dealers.
Hehe. Smart surveys

If there is a comments field, pour your heart out in it
Old 5th November 2013, 23:43   #5358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

I just got the receipt for the booking amount. Rest everything was verbal even the dealer booking number which I received after couple of weeks after booking.
Hey Naveen, did the dealer provide you the booking number voluntarily or you had to pester him continuously? I booked on 14th Oct and have not received any booking number yet...
Old 6th November 2013, 01:25   #5359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblecr View Post

Saw this on Galaxy Pro Audio's fb page.
I didnt get you. What's Galaxy Pro's fb page??
It Looks exactly the same as I posted earlier.. is it possible to contact that person and get some more info from where he sourced that bumper guard??
Old 6th November 2013, 07:30   #5360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Hehe. Smart surveys

If there is a comments field, pour your heart out in it
Yes there was a comments field towards the end asking "about one thing the dealer could have done better and so on". That's were the 4 month frustrations were vented out towards Ford and the dealers.
Old 6th November 2013, 08:08   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Dear PrideRed,
The best way to check if your glove box ac vent is working:(available only in titanium and tit opt)

Open the glove box, turn on the airconditioner blower to max speed.
There is an open pipe behind the glove box which comes in contact with the glove box back wall once the glove box is closed.check the air flow from that pipe.If the flow is ok then your vent is working perfectly well

It work effectively when the air is diverted to the in dash vents only.

The vent has an open close function, can be done by turning the knob clock wise and anticlock wise.I hope you have kept it open

Hope this helps
Thanks buddy. Will check this.And yes,i have kept the knob open.
Old 6th November 2013, 09:29   #5362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestallion View Post
Hey Naveen, did the dealer provide you the booking number voluntarily or you had to pester him continuously? I booked on 14th Oct and have not received any booking number yet...
The moment I booked the car, they entered into their internal booking list (excel sheet). But I wasnt provided with the number. Only after couple of weeks, they revealed it to me. The reason why many dealers wont do this is because there are chances of dealers allotting cars to new comers based on the recommendation levels. Many people jump the queue. I got the booking number after running behind the SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
I didnt get you. What's Galaxy Pro's fb page??
It Looks exactly the same as I posted earlier.. is it possible to contact that person and get some more info from where he sourced that bumper guard??
That's the local audio accessories shop here in Cochin. These bumper guards are available online.
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesal...per-guard.html
Old 6th November 2013, 11:06   #5363
BHPian

Now a Ford EcoSport is up for sale in Team-BHP Classifieds section. I think it's the first EcoSport in our classifieds. It has done 3.8K Kms as of now. It is a good option for those who can not wait.
Old 6th November 2013, 11:14   #5364
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Just FYI I have entisted water wading and ground clearances of popular vehicles in India.

Water wading

Ford Ecosport:550 mm
Mahindra Scorpio:350 mm
Mahindra XUV 5OO:350 mm
Tata Safari storme:300 mm
Tata safari dicor:350 mm
Tata Xenon:400 mm
Toyota Fortuner:*700 mm
Pajero Sport:*700 mm
Duster:*350 mm*
Ssangyong Rexton:*450 mm*
Force Gurkha:*550mm*
Toyota LC Prado:*700 mm
Land Rover Discovery:700 mm
Range Rover Evoque:*500 mm*
Range Rover Sport:*700 mm*
Audi Q5:*500 mm*

Ground Clearance.

Ford Ecosport:*200 mm
Mahindra Scorpio:*180 mm
Mahindra XUV 5OO:*160 mm
Tata Safari storme:*200 mm
Tata safari dicor:205 mm
Tata Xenon:*200 mm
Toyota Fortuner:*220 mm
Pajero Sport:*215 mm
Duster:*205 mm
Ssangyong Rexton:*200 mm
Force Gurkha:*210 mm
Toyota LC Prado:*220 mm
Land Rover Discovery:*310 mm
Range Rover Evoque:*215 mm
Audi Q5:*200mm

Water should be avoided if avoidable.
If not avoidable, what all the precautions should one take in order to avoid damages to the electricals and mechanicals of your vehicle?

Can all vehicles can be driven up to and bit above ground clearance provided? YES

Beware of your vehicle's maximum wading depth
Select a gear which reduces the chances of stalling.
Treat any waterlogged section on roads with respect, especially when we don’t know what’s lurking underneath it.
In unavoidable conditions, keep the gas pedal pressed at all times and continue driving slowly, maintaining a constant speed.
Do not drive fast
Don't enter with a splash which may cause the electrical to get wet.

Avoid changing gear as this may cause water to enter the clutch housing.

If you are forced to regulate your speed, do so with the clutch without taking your foot from the accelerator, otherwise the water in your exhaust could stall the engine

After coming out of water, depress the clutch and rev the engine to force out water, if any, out of the tail pipe
Pump the brakes to force water out and dry the brakes.

Keep moving and don't let the engine stopgo as slow as possible, spray looks good only in pictures.

For extreme water wading
http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/HTML/water.htm

PS.Abstract from The automotive india forum ,hope it helps

Last edited by ecosport rules : 6th November 2013 at 11:40.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 11:57   #5365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Anybody facing issues with Glove box AC vent? I noticed that it doesnt blow any cool air. Had been for 2500 KM service, the SA was unable to figure out what the problem was.
You might not feel any air blowing out of it but it cools. Keep a bottle of water/can at room temp and then drive for a while with knob open. You will find the bottle/can to be colder than what it was earlier.
Old 6th November 2013, 13:34   #5366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

That's the local audio accessories shop here in Cochin. These bumper guards are available online.
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesal...per-guard.html
Yeah I know its available on aliexpress.com.. I've already posted that with pictures earlier. I was wondering if its available in india as well.
Old 6th November 2013, 14:22   #5367
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from someone by the name Hasan claiming to be from Ford and wants to meet me in person to take my feedback on the Ecosport. Has anyone else received similar calls from Ford? He mentioned that its about the vehicle and didnt mention anything about the feedback on the dealer.
Old 6th November 2013, 14:34   #5368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Got a call from someone by the name Hasan claiming to be from Ford and wants to meet me in person to take my feedback on the Ecosport. Has anyone else received similar calls from Ford? He mentioned that its about the vehicle and didnt mention anything about the feedback on the dealer.

I also got a similar call and have asked the person to get a Identity card along with him when he comes. Call was from metro ford bangalore.
Old 6th November 2013, 15:44   #5369
BHPian

The hand rest is uncomfortable. It's a little too high and too close to the seat. The elbow and arm do not rest properly. It should be about an inch more o the passenger side.

The foot rest is also a bit uncomfortable. It is lower than the clutch and there is no space between it and the clutch (clutch overlaps the foot rest). When the foot rests on it, you cannot move your foot up to the clutch easily. You have to twist the foot , lift it and then move it onto the clutch.
Old 6th November 2013, 18:37   #5370
BHPian

Got my Blue Diesel Titanium Option pack delivered last week. Dealer offered Blue one instead of Black. Though Black was allocated and VIN was shared, it was not billed or sent from Chennai for a week. Family liked Blue during the showroom visit and I also liked it as the color is new and looks good on Ecosport.

Completed 1100 KM in a week. Includes a 800km road trip to Proddutur and back. Car is very good and I liked the following -
1. Very steady, safe and comfortable in highway. Inspires confidence. I have driven Honda City for 6 years and though the comfort levels are matching, the confidence and stability are way better in Ford.
2. Very good AC
3. Sync is very good and kids enjoyed the voice commands part
4. Seats are comfortable for long journey and audio play back is of good quality
5. Best part is economy. 2500Rs Diesel is suffiecent for 800Kms drive. Super cool!!

Attaching two pictures. Need to get few accessories during 1st service

As an Info to others - I booked it on 27th June and got it delivered on 25th Oct. Dealer gave me other options like Auto transimission car and White/Silver Diesel Titanium(o) during last one month. But, I insisted on Black/Blue Diesel Titanium (o). Finally got it
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20131104_002.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20131104_003.jpg  

Mallikarjun is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks