Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 15:26   #5236
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
On the lighter side, maybe we should look at the toppling and the water-wading issues together :-) Once it topples and becomes upside down, with the great insulation that Ecosport owners have reported, maybe it will act as a boat and support 550mm water-wading. I must be crazy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
Since you have a blue too, you will understand how upsetting it is.... i might get it painted 6 months down the line. As for now, it'll have to stay...
Wont the paint look different. Since yours is a blue, it will fade & any fresh repaint job will look a different shade than the rest of the car. Better to paint it now (if it is absolutely not possible to hide it) & let it age like the rest of the car. Just wondering?
Old 31st October 2013, 15:34   #5237

Finally got the drls and projectors installed. Though it was done 2 weeks back, din't get the time to upload the pictures.
Hope you guys like it!
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp1.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp2.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp3.jpg
eco-doc is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 15:43   #5238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
No rattles so far, only the ill fitted silver panels on door creak and squeak, wonder if its the same for other owners.
Ok. So now i finally meet someone who has rattles too. I get some rattles on poor roads on the front passenger side. Ford has not found the source of rattles at all inspite of my car being checked during first service and then me resending it since the rattle complaint wasnt solved.

Let me check the silver inserts.
Old 31st October 2013, 15:51   #5239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
On the lighter side, maybe we should look at the toppling and the water-wading issues together :-) Once it topples and becomes upside down, with the great insulation that Ecosport owners have reported, maybe it will act as a boat and support 550mm water-wading. I must be crazy !
That's the true meaning of turning turtle, I suppose. But the real turtle is as good at swimming whatever way up it is, whereas cars just flail their wheels in the air and go nowhere when upside down. I don't expect the Ecosport would be any better
Old 31st October 2013, 16:04   #5240
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post

Wont the paint look different. Since yours is a blue, it will fade & any fresh repaint job will look a different shade than the rest of the car. Better to paint it now (if it is absolutely not possible to hide it) & let it age like the rest of the car. Just wondering?
They won`t be able to get the paint to match with a paint job. The blue paint is tricky. The spare wheel Cover is painted quite close but is still not an exact match. I have the same problem but in my case the dent happened at the dealer end itself.
Old 31st October 2013, 16:29   #5241
BHPian

Was going through the site and they have mentioned it has 20 storage spaces . it even has a particular space to keep your umbrella. Does anyone know where these 20 spaces are ?
where is this specific space to keep the umbrella?
Old 31st October 2013, 16:38   #5242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Ok. So now i finally meet someone who has rattles too. I get some rattles on poor roads on the front passenger side. Ford has not found the source of rattles at all inspite of my car being checked during first service and then me resending it since the rattle complaint wasnt solved.

Add me too.
There are faint rattles right from day 1 on bad roads. One source is the instrument panel and I am yet to find out the other faint one.
Old 31st October 2013, 16:47   #5243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-doc View Post
Finally got the drls and projectors installed. Though it was done 2 weeks back, din't get the time to upload the pictures.
Hope you guys like it!
Looks awesome.

So did you too get it done from Srinivas Gopal or was is someone from delhi?
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 17:16   #5244
BHPian

[quote=ask4gautam;3280982]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
My Panther went for an eye operation

Please send me the cost and also contact details of where you got it done from.

Looks stunning !

All details in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3253146
Old 31st October 2013, 17:36   #5245

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Looks awesome.

So did you too get it done from Srinivas Gopal or was is someone from delhi?
Its quite a long story, but cutting it short. Ordered all the stuff from aliexpress thinking I would be installing them myself. But then due to time constraints and my dad's apprehensions about my DIY skills, got them installed at MXS Motosports Karol Bagh.
The projectors turned out to be too big for the car so exchanged them for the ones that fit.
Total landed cost: 11.6K + 1.8K(customs) with Fedex International Priority. Delivered in 5 days after order.
Exhange + Installation: 7k approx. I was charged a bomb for this. Though the work is pretty good but overpriced.
Asked for refund from aliexpress for the projectors beacuse they didn't fit and guess what, got a refund of 8.5k!
So total setup costed to me around 11.5K!
eco-doc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 20:19   #5246
BHPian

Quote:
Its quite a long story, but cutting it short. Ordered all the stuff from aliexpress thinking I would be installing them myself. But then due to time constraints and my dad's apprehensions about my DIY skills, got them installed at MXS Motosports Karol Bagh.
eco-doc,

Are these the LEDs you ordered from Ali Express?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dual-...101530721.html

What was the procedure for installing the LED strip?
Old 31st October 2013, 20:48   #5247

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

eco-doc,

Are these the LEDs you ordered from Ali Express?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dual-...101530721.html

What was the procedure for installing the LED strip?
Yes buddy. These are the ones. As for the procedure, I am not the right person to guide you as the place where i got them installed insisted on doing everything under cover as it was their trade secret.

Basically you have to open the headlight assembly using a heat gun or oven. This is the most difficult part and i advise you to get it done professionally if you have not done this before.
Rest is simple. Placing the drl strip in the slot which i guess is already inside the headlight because it is sold with the drls in other countries.

It has three wires. One goes to the battery, one to the indicator and one to the parking lamp wire.

You have to seal the headlight again using silicon glue to make it waterproof.

But I seriously advise you to get it done from a person who knows such stuff if you haven't done it before, otherwise you might end up with headlights without drl to no headlights at all.
eco-doc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 21:03   #5248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope you guys like it!
Attachment 1160555
Attachment 1160556
Attachment 1160557
Wow Good job ecodoc
Great price too

Few questions.
1.can you please post some picture in day light, not able to appreciate the detailing.
2.regarding the first picture,what is the ragged edge in the right head lamp around the projector angel eye, noticable clearly on zooming., did u change the reflector of the light?
3.what is the colour temperature of the bulbs, please post a picture with bulbs on.
4.was everything OEM or was there any tampering ,as you mentioned red wire from going to to battery, it was not so in my case.Please be careful about electrical warranty, get the dealer on your side

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st October 2013 at 21:24.
Old 31st October 2013, 21:23   #5249
BHPian

In my case, after breaking my head over faint rattle noise on bumps/ bad roads, i localized the problem:- it was my sun glass kept inside the sun glass holder on top .
Its worth a check if yours is a titanium copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Add me too.
There are faint rattles right from day 1 on bad roads. One source is the instrument panel and I am yet to find out the other faint one.
Old 31st October 2013, 21:31   #5250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
In my case, after breaking my head over faint rattle noise on bumps/ bad roads, i localized the problem:- it was my sun glass kept inside the sun glass holder on top .
Its worth a check if yours is a titanium copy.
Lucky you

I have a rattle from day one above my MID.Got kind of used to it to the extent that I missed it when it went away for a day.guess what its back again. Will try to get it rectified during my 10000kms service which is due next week

Did anyone in the forum get their 10000km service done?

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st October 2013 at 21:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks