Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 10:42   #5221
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

First service due 2500 Kms or 3 months from date of sale, which ever is earlier. OEM promulgated first service is general checkup and does not include oil change or any other replacement. Our fellow BHPian voluntarily went for an oil change and the cost quoted are associated with the oil change. If not for voluntary oil change, the first service would've been free with nil billing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
How many kms is the 1st service due at? Did they do an oil change? 1100 for top up seems high at first service. Oil should not go low by then.

Isn't 1st service just a general checkup and niggle fix based on customer feedback?
Moto-Mariner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 11:16   #5222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
After market spare wheel cover available in ebay for half the price of original. Rs 5500/- And it is pre-painted too. Sadly, no black.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Ford-eco-spor...1#ht_500wt_922
I got something similar a a week back in Sea Grey for 7.5k and i feel ripped off by Poona Motors on the price!

And even before reading this post, i was going to return it back cause its build quality is definitely cheap. While it looks the part (except for the clips to lock the cover - notice them on the top part of the cover), i absolutely do not think it is going to last for more than 1 year. But it definitely is an alternative for those who don't want to spend 11k that Ford dealers are asking and don't mind the average build quality.

Am going to return it (a) for cheap quality (b) ridiculous price that was charged by the accessory dealer.

P.S. --> will post the pics of my cover.
Old 31st October 2013, 11:21   #5223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
I just completed my first service after 2500 km. And I was not charged anything at all. Been a wonderful experience so far except for a dent on the bonnet caused by a fruit falling from a tree within the very first week :( . Believe me its really an eyesore and am still coming to terms with it..... Planning to get a bug guard so as to "hide" the dent as the SA said we will have to repaint the complete bonnet.
Ouch! I too feel bad for your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
It looks fabulous man!

Please can you share the same details with me? Is it possible to do it in some other city? I live in Udaipur, Rajasthan and it is difficult to find any mod experts here.
Thank You.

Sure will put the necessary information in the email.
please check your inbox.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 11:29   #5224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Sorry if i missed something, isnt the first service free? Why labour charges?
Yes it is free but i said in my post that i went in for a voluntary oil change as i do with all my cars at first service. This is the oil change labour which isnt included in free first service, for second service it would be free.

@Hillman
Fellow tbhpian has cleared your doubts.
Old 31st October 2013, 11:30   #5225
Senior - BHPian

QUOTE=niks_devil666;3280698]I wonder why hes thinking 550 mm is till door handle?! 550 mm is not even 2 feet. I would not want to wade depths of greater than 300 mm..... Doesnt the water seep in after that depth ?[/quote]

You are absolutely right its not even 2 feet (600mm is 2 feet).
Surprisingly water doesnt seep in even till 500mm, I think it has to with the double rubber seal of the doors and the engine bay to cabin wiring is also sealed very well.

You will be surprised to see this measurement mistake made by ford.Observe till where they have marked 550mm in the website
The calcutta guy can defend himself fron Ford just based on this mistake.

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...=web&site=FIPL

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st October 2013 at 11:34.
Old 31st October 2013, 11:37   #5226
BHPian

[quote=johannskaria;3280280]My Panther went for an eye operation

Please send me the cost and also contact details of where you got it done from.

Looks stunning !
Old 31st October 2013, 12:19   #5227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Thanks. It took 12 days from the day they notified me of Vin.
23rd Sept : Vin allocated
27th Sept : Vehicle Arrived
28th Sept : PDI, Paper Work Etc
5th Sept : Registration
6th Sept : Delivery

There were 2 holidays last week and I did not want to take delivery on Saturday so it should be 7-8 working days.
Did you get an email first from Elite? I got an email last Saturday but no VIN SMS? The email ask to finish all paperwork in 7 days else it'll go to person next in line. :-)
Old 31st October 2013, 12:40   #5228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Observe till where they have marked 550mm in the website
That height is Range Rover territory!
Even the GC is incorrectly marked there.

Last edited by anks_at : 31st October 2013 at 12:42.
Old 31st October 2013, 13:16   #5229
BHPian

For somone who has just booked the vehicle and plans to wait the 8 months quoted by the dealer, what should I do to track my booking status? Can I do something too ensure dealer plays fair with me in terms of waiting queue?
Old 31st October 2013, 14:48   #5230
BHPian

Quote:
I just completed my first service after 2500 km. And I was not charged anything at all. Been a wonderful experience so far except for a dent on the bonnet caused by a fruit falling from a tree within the very first week :( . Believe me its really an eyesore and am still coming to terms with it..... Planning to get a bug guard so as to "hide" the dent as the SA said we will have to repaint the complete bonnet.
The fruit fell and Newton found gravity; Your fruit fell and you have found the gravity of your situation; Commiserations.

Since the inside of the bonnet is physically accessible(unlike dents in most other areas) to you, couldn't you try and push it back into place from the inside, maybe with something flat or just the thumb?

Caution to all owners. After years of open parking under mango trees, beware of the mango flowering/fruiting season. Birds shaking up the tree lead to a shower of "mango milk" on the car which is almost impossible to remove once dry.

Last edited by HighwayBuddha : 31st October 2013 at 14:51. Reason: Added the caution part
Old 31st October 2013, 15:01   #5231
BHPian

Quote:
On the lighter side, maybe we should look at the toppling and the water-wading issues together :-) Once it topples and becomes upside down, with the great insulation that Ecosport owners have reported, maybe it will act as a boat and support 550mm water-wading. I must be crazy !
HighwayBuddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 15:04   #5232
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you see the fruit fall or was it a presumption? I ask since such a dent can also be caused by a person trying to close the bonnet by pressing down on it as well (as opposed to say dropping down the bonnet from say 8" height or so.
Old 31st October 2013, 15:08   #5233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
The fruit fell and Newton found gravity; Your fruit fell and you have found the gravity of your situation; Commiserations.

Since the inside of the bonnet is physically accessible(unlike dents in most other areas) to you, couldn't you try and push it back into place from the inside, maybe with something flat or just the thumb?

Caution to all owners. After years of open parking under mango trees, beware of the mango flowering/fruiting season. Birds shaking up the tree lead to a shower of "mango milk" on the car which is almost impossible to remove once dry.
Newton's dent was covered by his hair. But for me it's right there. A dink in the center right above the ford logo. And no, it cannot be pushed back due to the reinforcements. I just dont feel like re-painting a new car. I will continue my quest for the bug guard and see whether it'll cover up my depression
Old 31st October 2013, 15:19   #5234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Did you see the fruit fall or was it a presumption? I ask since such a dent can also be caused by a person trying to close the bonnet by pressing down on it as well (as opposed to say dropping down the bonnet from say 8" height or so.
I actually saw the fallen fruit and the stains left behind. In fact the dent is quite similar to the one you have and since they are small cannot be pulled back easily unless we use a spot - weld and pull it. Then again it has to be painted. Since you have a blue too, you will understand how upsetting it is.... i might get it painted 6 months down the line. As for now, it'll have to stay...
Old 31st October 2013, 15:22   #5235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestallion View Post
For somone who has just booked the vehicle and plans to wait the 8 months quoted by the dealer, what should I do to track my booking status? Can I do something too ensure dealer plays fair with me in terms of waiting queue?
Thats a very difficult task.
Anyway you can ask for the status of present allotment and ask him your alloted number.
Then regularly follow up with the status.
You might get the car earlier if you are flexible with colour and varient of the vehicle.
Hope this helps

Quote:
You are right, thats ridiculous
My friend says the gentleman in calcutta was mislead by this.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks