Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 13:28   #12721

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Wanted to share an update on the engine issues that I have been facing right from the time I took delivery of the Diesel Ecosport in the month March 2021. After 1.5 years & 8 visits to the service station (Elite Ford & JSP Ford), I have started facing the same issues - Engine looses power, the DFP error keeps showing up every 10 mins and now the Engine Oil change message is a default every time I start the vehicle.

Frustrated with this DPF issue every 3 months, I escalated to Ford once again. Not sure should I start thanking my stars or wait till they fix it once & for all. Ford had asked me to drop the vehicle at the JSP Ford (Kudlu Gate - Bangalore) service station to replace the Diesel Catalytic convertor which is supposed to be a permanent fix for the DPF issue. Had I not escalated and made some noise, the part would have not been changed. It seems this part cost close to a lakh rupees and the service station gets only 1 piece per day per car and most of the time there is waiting period of a month.

The manager has informed that it will take 2 to 3 days for them to change the part & test it. Can't wait to get this fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller17 View Post
I went for the Ford Ecosport Diesel with the quality, ruggedness & reliability in mind.
=====
Hope they are able to find the issues & fix them.
Traveller17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 09:07   #12722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Edit: In fact, just spoke to my SA and he said that with a wait period of 2 months, he will work out some deal for you. If you are interested, PM me and I will pass on the contact to you.
Not sure if the showrooms are still selling leftover units. If yes, could you please share the contact number of the SA? TIA
Old 10th November 2022, 09:20   #12723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller17 View Post
Wanted to share an update on the engine issues that I have been facing right from the time I took delivery of the Diesel Ecosport in the month March 2021. After 1.5 years & 8 visits to the service station (Elite Ford & JSP Ford), I have started facing the same issues - Engine looses power, the DFP error keeps showing up every 10 mins and now the Engine Oil change message is a default every time I start the vehicle.

Frustrated with this DPF issue every 3 months, I escalated to Ford once again. Not sure should I start thanking my stars or wait till they fix it once & for all. Ford had asked me to drop the vehicle at the JSP Ford (Kudlu Gate - Bangalore) service station to replace the Diesel Catalytic convertor which is supposed to be a permanent fix for the DPF issue. Had I not escalated and made some noise, the part would have not been changed. It seems this part cost close to a lakh rupees and the service station gets only 1 piece per day per car and most of the time there is waiting period of a month.

The manager has informed that it will take 2 to 3 days for them to change the part & test it. Can't wait to get this fixed.
A few quick points:

1. The catalytic converter change is not a permanent fix to the DPF clogging message issue. I had it changed as part of an official recall a couple of months back (your VIN should show up in the Ford website as needing a cat-con change), and the message came again after that. This is purely a result of city driving where the engine hardly gets to rev for sustained periods. All it takes is a quick breakfast drive of around a 100 kms or so on the highway at 2000 RPM or above. While driving, there will be a message saying exhaust filter cleaning in progress, and once this is done, a "completed" message will also show up. I have learnt to factor this exercise into my usage cycle. There is no other permanent solution to this unfortunately - at least that I am aware of.

2. There is no loss of power that I have experienced - the engine runs as usual without any perceptible difference. Once the highway run is complete, it does feel more eager to rev, but then that is a result of any sustained highway drive.

3. Engine oil change message comes up every 10 months or so - this can be recalibrated and removed at the service center if the message is appearing prematurely.

Other than these couple of niggles, the Ecosport is a hoot to drive and I have been enjoying it for close to 20,000 kms now. Yes, the DPF issue is a bit of a pain and irritating, but once you work through it with the required high speed drive, it kind of becomes a relatively smaller issue. Its something that BS-6 owners need to live with.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 10th November 2022 at 09:23.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 13:58   #12724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post

Also thanks for the installer recommendation, will consider one of these.
Finally got this done yesterday and today. I went to Smart Car Decor in KR Puram, the guy there did not understand how the fuse taps would fit and ended up splicing a wire in the wiring harness going towards the rear half of the car. I immediately understood that I have misunderstood his capability but it was too late. I anyway let up complete the work, paid up and left.

Decided that I shall immediately get it corrected and called up Riyaz (recommended installer by Nexdigitron, imports of DDPai & 70mai products in India). Went to his outlet opposite Gopalan mall on Bannerghatta Road, he did a clean job by tapping the right fuses and ensuring no more wire cutting.

Now the dashcam is setup as I always wanted. If anyone wants his contact info please DM me.
Old 16th November 2022, 17:53   #12725
Distinguished - BHPian

India's largest EcoSport meet-up was held Trivandrum on 14 November. 300+ Ford Ecosport.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fhrdyzmauaebenl.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fhrdyztaeaaiks2.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fhrdyzlaaaaimco.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fhrdyzgagailogm.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 01:50   #12726
BHPian

There is additional engine noise from my 2019 model diesel ecosport.i have just clocked 16k kms till now.what could be the issue?

The rpm meter starts from 1000 and never goes to 0.
Old 23rd November 2022, 13:11   #12727
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks Volkman10 for the post.Guess just like every Ford owner,Im still wondering at the way Ford exited India.Recently brought a pre owned Ford Ecosport ecoboost and I look around to see very few takers for this brilliant 1litre motor.Im just wondering to know any watsapp group which caters specifically to the ecoboost engine!!
Thanks in advance
Old 30th November 2022, 11:11   #12728
BHPian

I've recently purchased a pre-owned Feb 2020 Diamond White EcoSport Petrol Titanium AT through Cars24 and named it "ShadowFax". Satisfied with their pre-sales and after sales service so far.
Although, unsatisfactory diagnosis of the vehicle by the service center has been a cause of agony for me. They failed to identify several issues in the car such as steering column noise - which is now getting replaced under warranty, wheel alignment issue - which causes the car to go towards left, AC cooling being sub par (might require AC servicing).

Being a new owner and already getting confused across different models since Ford kept shuffling features, I had few questions -

1. Is there a way to enable android auto/ Google maps on the current infotainment system? The car comes with MapMyIndia inbuilt maps, which has limited location listing and incorrect ETA estimations
2. Outside smell creeps in the car even on recirculation mode
3. The armrest of the center console has a broken hinge [in the pic attached]. The only solution recommended by SA is replacing the entire center console which will set me back by 5.5K. Is there any other possible solution? Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20221130-11.10.14-am.jpeg
Old 14th December 2022, 20:04   #12729

Hi everyone, I bought a pre owned ecosport 2019 model trend plus with 25k on the odo. Did a general service after the purchase at ford as it was due. It has done 32k kms now but the ride has become very stiff especially the rear suspension. If I accidentally go a little fast over a speed breaker, I hear a thud sound at the back. Road noise is also quite evident in the cabin. Can the shock absorbers or bushing go bad so soon. Also curious if anyone is using diesel injector cleaner on their ecosport and it’s efficacy. Please share your valuable inputs. TIA
Old 18th December 2022, 10:47   #12730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience77 View Post
3. The armrest of the center console has a broken hinge [in the pic attached]. The only solution recommended by SA is replacing the entire center console which will set me back by 5.5K. Is there any other possible solution? Attachment 2385275
I have face a very similar issue with my Ford Ecosport 2021 Titanium Petrol. The armrest didn't break completely, but the hinge is attached to a console inside, and the screw threading on the plastic part had broken off. Ford took over 6 months to diagnose exactly which part needs to be ordered, and a lot of haggling later, I managed to get it replaced for free. But not before the service centre managed to put a lot of scratches and dents in my interiors which I now have to live with. So interior parts are a bittersweet experience in our collective cases.

The other issues haven't creeped up in my car, but the car must've beem abused plenty if these issues are creeping up.

Anyways cheers on the ownership, it's a solid product as I see it. Comparing service costs, I feel I made the right purchase.
Old 19th December 2022, 11:13   #12731
BHPian

Spotted this ecosport without rear mounted spare wheel.
What’s the catch, was it meant for export?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-15bf43a8b3d149edb77e9b48fbc0e59a.jpeg  

Old 19th December 2022, 11:31   #12732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
Spotted this ecosport without rear mounted spare wheel.
What’s the catch, was it meant for export?
There were few SE models sold just before Ford stopped selling cars in India, and i have seen it in Bangalore too. Negligible numbers.

-Ravi
Old 25th December 2022, 08:43   #12733
BHPian

Recently upgraded my tires to Continental UltraContact . That has suddenly made a huge difference in ride quality, especially in the rear seat. On the flip side, these tires are heavier and there has been a slight decrease in fuel efficiency, but I knew that would happen- and that compromise is acceptable to me.
Contrapunto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 10:27   #12734

Now that, I have driven this car (Ford Ecosport TDCi Titanium 2018 Model) just over 75,000 KMs in 4 years and 3 months, I am pretty confident what it is capable of and I can say that we are connected on a personal level (In my wife words: I understand my car better than I understand her ) . Fortunately, my car has been trouble free so far (touch wood) and the ownership was just a breeze. I never had to spend anything over and above the regular service & maintenance. (Thanks for many threads on this forum explaining do's and don'ts of car maintenance & driving habits)

I pretty much agree with the likes and compromises that have been mentioned by the other Ecosport owners on this forum.

2. Build quality & Safety
3. Comfortable Interior (at least for front seats)
4. Lots of storage options
5. Huge fuel tank of 52L (1 full tank is more enough for 1000 KMs)
6. Smart entry, ORVMs open/close upon unlocking/locking
7. Light on pocket (Servicing cost hardly crosses 6K even for 70K service)

Compromises:
1. Comfortable for 2 in the rear
2. Thick A-Pillars result in blind spots
3. No Android Auto / Car Play (thanks to Fly Audio)

Money Matters (over the mileage of 75K):

1. Fuel cost:

Lifetime Average: INR 3.98 / KM
Last Half-life average: INR 4.28 / KM

2. Service & Maintenance Average : INR 2.69 / KM

3. Overall cost (excluding depreciation): INR 6.67 / KM

4. Percentage wise, the costs are:

Fuel: 60%
Regular Service: 10%
Maintenance: 10% (tyre change, Seat covers, deflectors, 3M CR70)
Insurance: 20%

I have already updated the mileage information in this thread, if anyone is interested.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5227563 (What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?)

Detailed Breakup of costs:

Service Costs:

2.5K Service (13/11/2018) (first free service) (Total amount: INR 59.00)

Labour:

Nil

Parts(INR 59.00) :

i. Windshield wash fluid

10K Service (16/03/2019) (second free service) (Total amount: INR 3,135.00)

Labour (INR 1,380.60):

i. Wheel alignment & balancing

Parts (INR 1,754.63):

i. Windshield wash fluid
ii. 5W30- Engine Oil (3.8 L)
iii. Engine Oil Filter
iv. Gasket Drain Plug
v. Weights for balancing

20K Service (16/08/2019) (Total amount: INR 6,097.60)

Labour (INR 3,739.42) :

i. Service Labour
ii. Wheel alignment & balancing

Parts (INR 2,358.18) :

i. Windshield wash fluid
iii. Engine Oil Filter
iv. Gasket Drain Plug
v. AC Air Filter
vi. Engine Air Filter
vii. Weights for balancing

30K Service (14/02/2020) (Total amount: INR 7,352.66 )

Labour (INR 3,666.26) :

i. Service Labour

Parts (INR 3,686.40) :

i. Windshield wash fluid
iii. Engine Oil Filter
iv. Gasket Drain Plug
v. AC Air Filter
vi. Weights for balancing
vii. Diesel Fuel Filter

40K Service (07/11/2020) (Total amount: INR 6,462.00)

Labour (INR 4,366.00) :

i. Service Labour

Parts (INR 2,096.39) :

i. Windshield wash fluid
iii. Engine Oil Filter
iv. Gasket Drain Plug
v. AC Air Filter
vii. Engine Air Filter

50K Service (25/05/2021) (Total amount: INR 4,914.00 )

Labour (INR 2,454.40) :

i. Service Labour

Parts (INR 2,459.64) :

i. Windshield wash fluid
iii. Engine Oil Filter
iv. Gasket Drain Plug
v. AC Air Filter
vii. Windshield wipers (Front & back)

60K Service (30/01/2022) (Total amount: INR 17,999.00)

Labour (INR 5,206.39) :

i. Service Labour
iii. Front & rear wheel brakes cleaning

Parts (INR 12,362.81) :

i. Windshield wash fluid
iii. Engine Oil Filter
iv. Gasket Drain Plug
v. AC Air Filter
vii. Engine Air Filter
viii. Diesel Fuel Filter
ix. Battery
x. High beam & Low beam lights (4 each as spare)
xi. Wheel nets (8)

70K Service (17/09/2022) (Total amount: INR 6,549.00)

Labour (INR 4,757.18) :

i. Service Labour
iii. Software update check

Parts (INR 1,791.93) :

i. Windshield wash fluid
iii. Engine Oil Filter
iv. Gasket Drain Plug
v. AC Air Filter

Maintenance Costs:

23/10/2019 - Sun film Front windshield CR 70 - INR 8,151.00
06/01/2020 - Seat covers & wind deflectors - INR 9,115.00
24/04/2022 - Tyre Change at 65K - INR 32,063.00

Insurance:
Year 1 - 24,000 (Approx.)
Year 2 - 16,865.57
Year 3 - 21,035.47
Year 4 -20,166.38
Year 5 - 17,904.89

Here is the most recent pic:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20211024_130642.jpg
kumarmaddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 19:51   #12735

Hello All

I am currently in the market to replace my Ford Figo Diesel Titanium(2012). I really like the handling of my Ford Figo and its little peppy diesel engine. So I have zeroed in on a pre-owned Ecosport Diesel as my next car.
I wanted to avoid FlyAudio System as it does not have Android Auto/CarPlay, therefore I was explicitly looking at Titanium + models as these come with Sync 3 system.

I found one 2019 registered Ford Ecosport Titanium Plus with around 57k km on the Odo listed on Cars24, visited them for TD, and the car was very well maintained overall. The only issue I found was the clutch was very hard compared to my Ford Figo Diesel, to confirm my doubt I also test-drove one more 2019 Ford Ecosport Titanium(44k KM on ODO), the latter car's clutch was normal like my Figo.

My doubt is can the hard clutch issue be addressed later at Ford SC with a clutch overhaul? I am really keen on that model since it is fulfilling all of my search criteria like the car is less than 4 years old and comes with 6 airbags and lots of other safety features like TC, ESP, HLA etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks