Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 22:48   #12571
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansundar View Post
One more related question. When the battery was dead, I was able to lock the driver side door using the key fob, but other doors wouldn't lock. Is there a way to enable the centralised lock with a dead battery on the ecosport ?
You should be able to lock it with the key if battery has failed.
Old 25th September 2021, 11:22   #12572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
You should be able to lock it with the key if battery has failed.
Yeah, I used the key blade to lock the driver door. However that did not lock the other doors. I am still not able to figure that out.
Old 8th October 2021, 21:44   #12573

Dear all, I own a 2019 Ecosport Trend Model in 15" Appollo tyres. Now planning to change only the steel rim to alloy wheels without changing the Tyres/Size.

I am not able to find 15" alloys for Ecosport from Ford. There are a few options available in Bodomo, but not sure whether this will suit properly or not.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/5082-15_inch_wheel_rim

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-mach...wheel-53914991

Does anyone installed 15" alloys for Ecosport without changing the stock tyre. If yes, can you please provide the technical specification and details.
Old 11th October 2021, 12:13   #12574
BHPian

I just completed my 2nd service at 9600kms at Dhruvan Ford, Chennai. I was surprised when the SA told me that the wheel alignment, balancing, and rotation would cost me ~1500 over and above the service promise cost of INR 2189. And then when I asked further, he showed the list of items part of the price promise which included only the engine oil and the oil filter.
I was not convinced since the items are parts only and labour is supposed to be free of cost and alignment and balancing must be done during this service to not void warranty. Opened the Ford pass app and checked the service checklist where it is clearly mentioned to "Adjust Wheel alignment", Balancing, and rotation. Even after this SA was saying it was only for inspection, and if alignment is needed, it will be charged and had to put my foot down and asked him to verify since it is stated to "Adjust" and not "Inspect"(as in the first service).

He then went and checked with his manager and came back to confirm that it is free of cost and I will be charged only for balancing weights and not for labour.

The final bill came out to be ~2600 including 340 for balancing weights.

This is concerning me on 2 things:
1. Are dealers not following the service checklist from OEM?
2. Was this the practice of overcharging before Ford's exit? Can any of our older owners confirm?

Thanks.

Last edited by WizSatish : 11th October 2021 at 12:14.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:38   #12575
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for all the responses. I have decided to go with a battery replacement going by the suggestions here. I am still not convinced that it has nothing to do with the alternator but want to give it a shot. I will keep this thread updated after I change the battery.
The voltage was fine on the stock battery when it was in place. Once removed from the car, it dropped drastically. I replaced the stock battery with Amaron 50ah. Driven 300 kilometres after the battery change, no issues so far. Thank you all for your suggestions.
shansundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 21:52   #12576
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I used the key blade to lock the driver door. However that did not lock the other doors. I am still not able to figure that out.
Hey Shan. I know it's no longer the issue, but found the way to lock each door individually in the manual. May help others.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20211011214906.jpg  

WizSatish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 17:03   #12577
BHPian

Hi,
I received a letter from Ford informing about Safety Recall - 21S19 for my EcoSport Ecoboost 2013 model. I am yet to visit the dealer. Any other Ecoboost owner received the letter and completed the dealer visit to fix the problem?
Regards
Dinesh
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:01   #12578
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone driving the 2020 tdci Ecosport received this message prematurely (i.e. at 5000 kms or thereabouts)? I started receiving this at 7000 km but I am pretty sure that this is too early for an oil change - which is typically scheduled at the 10,000 kms service.

In any case, is it recommended to change it as soon as the message appears or can one wait for another 800 odd kms till the service is due?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20211029_151702.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 2nd November 2021 at 10:03.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 16:01   #12579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi,
I received a letter from Ford informing about Safety Recall - 21S19 for my EcoSport Ecoboost 2013 model. I am yet to visit the dealer. Any other Ecoboost owner received the letter and completed the dealer visit to fix the problem?
Regards
Dinesh
The previous owner received it and passed it on to me. Mine is a 2015 EcoBoost. Strange that Ford is identifying this as an issue now, after so many years especially now that they have quit the market.

I had anyways tied up the bonnet cladding with some wire / strings long time ago.

Meanwhile, can fellow Ecoboost members helps me.

Mine is a 2015 EcoBoost with only 13500 kms on the odo.

Its a great car and I don't wish to part with it however I have always felt the clutch to be springy / heavy due to which I tend to get leg aches after driving in traffic and hence I am thinking of parting with it and get an AT.

However if there is any way which might help make the clutch lighter, then I am all ears. Kindly suggest if anyone has tried out something to solve the same.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 7th November 2021, 15:39   #12580

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Has anyone driving the 2020 tdci Ecosport received this message prematurely (i.e. at 5000 kms or thereabouts)? I started receiving this at 7000 km but I am pretty sure that this is too early for an oil change - which is typically scheduled at the 10,000 kms service.

In any case, is it recommended to change it as soon as the message appears or can one wait for another 800 odd kms till the service is due?
Please check the oil level in Ford pass app as well. It will be below 5%. You can physically inspect the oil level and if it is good reset the oil life from MID. This will make the error go away. I had to reset my oil life info twice before 10000 km service. So don’t worry
Moroder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:09   #12581

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

I got the same message at ~8000 KMs for my 2020 TDCi. FordPass was displaying 0% oil life. I visited the dealer and they reset it since the oil level was fine. I changed the oil at 10K KMs only.

Now the car is just above 17K KMs and showing the same message again. Oil level looks fine in my inspection (But FordPass says 0%). I'm confused if I should visit the dealer again or just ignore the message and change it only when it reach 20K.
dennisjs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 12:26   #12582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisjs View Post
I got the same message at ~8000 KMs for my 2020 TDCi. FordPass was displaying 0% oil life. I visited the dealer and they reset it since the oil level was fine. I changed the oil at 10K KMs only.

Now the car is just above 17K KMs and showing the same message again. Oil level looks fine in my inspection (But FordPass says 0%). I'm confused if I should visit the dealer again or just ignore the message and change it only when it reach 20K.
Seems to be a niggle with the BS6 Ecosports. In any case, I gave my Ecosport for servicing this weekend and the message has disappeared.Need to see when that message appears again. If it does so again prematurely, will take it to the service center to get it checked and the indicator reset.

On another note, after completing the first major service (1 year and 9300 kms) the TDCI engine now feels absolutely amazing to drive. Free revving and quick to respond, noticeably different from how it was feeling immediately prior to the service. Overall, the oil and filter changes have made a significant difference to the performance of the Ecosport.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 8th November 2021 at 12:28.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 11:42   #12583
BHPian

I have been driving Ecosport TDCi since June and my 1st service is completed. I follow very relaxed driving and keep rpm between 1k to 2k usually and rarely speeding above 80kmph. Odo is now at 4500km. I used to get 17.5kmpl in city driving and instant was always above 15kmpl.

My driving style and the routes taken haven't changed. However, since after 1st service, I am observing very less mileage (instant as well as average). I get now 15kmpl average and the instant is usually between 8-16kmpl.

I m not sure what is wrong and although driving dynamics are better, it just feels sceptic and discouraged whenever I see such low mileage on mid.

I have learned over internet and found other users complaining of the same and this is coming down to buggy or wrong PCM module update. I just recently got my car inspected at the showroom and there were no issues in the scan.

I had only changed the after 1st trip. When the Odo was at 3000km, replaced one of the rear tyre with the spare wheel. But I am not sure if this could be the reason too for low fuel efficiency.

Experts please need your opinion on this.
Old 14th November 2021, 14:20   #12584
Senior - BHPian

Re: How obsessive are you? Enthusiast thoughts while driving

Just finished my 10000kms service last weekend. Excellent service from JSP Ford with proper follow up calls from Ford to ensure customer satisfaction. Overall, quite happy and there is no difference I could feel from my drive experience with Honda which is my other car.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 04:54   #12585

Greetings fellow ecosport lovers. This being my first post on TeamBHP, and I would like to start by thanking each member of this forum for the guidance on purchase of my car.

My 2021 Titanium 1.5 Petrol MT purchased in May 2021 is due for her second free service (10,000 Kms/ one year) at Novelty Ford, Jalandhar. The car has run 9400 kms to date. The service centre has made it abundantly clear that wheel alignment and balancing will be at a charge of approximately ₹1200. Have dropped a mail to Ford India and to my surprise have not heard from them yet. Instead, a service advisor from the service centre gave me a call QUOTING my email to Ford India to confirm the same which I had already heard from the service centre.

Will be getting my car service from them at regular intervals in coming years hence didn't make a fuss. Moreover I'm also planning wheel rotation along with alignment and balancing and online research indicates that wheel alignment should not be necessary after rotation, but getting it done anyways as the car has seen its fair share of bad roads.

My queries are below:

1. What are the things to watch out for in this service apart from the routine work mentioned in the manual? Should I give in to the random ask for extended warranty/service plans? Are they worth it anyways with the OEM having exited India.
2. A popular LED retrofit on YouTube for the exact same car has given be the bug, is a good quality (OSRAM) LED conversion for Low beam projector to H7 LED worth the ₹3.5K? It's a pretty simple DIY which I can manage. I know the warranty will be void at this stage if I do it, any effects on long term battery life and errors on MID? Anybody with experience may please share their views.

Thanks!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks