Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2021, 08:00   #12496
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I got a query on the much-debated and controversial topic of after-market seat-covers on side-airbag equipped seats. Last year, I purchased the Titanium Plus variant of Ecosport mainly because the family unanimously declined the all-black interiors of S-variant (having spent last 9 years in black interiors of Figo). The Titanium Plus variant came with beige-colored fabric seats with side-airbags.
TIA
Rishikeshk, I have used car seat cover which was compatible with front seat airbags. I'm surprised to see lack of options for car seat covers which doesn't interfere with deployment of airbags.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-cover.jpg

You can clearly see that these type of covers have no side coverings and will not stop airbag deployment. It will not provide snug fit which we expect from typical car seat covers, you have to periodically adjust and realign the fitment. I have used in 2014 Accord with beige fabric seats, helped me to keep the car seat fabrics clean. My spouse used to drop my daughter along with her friend to school and pick them back to home. It withstood all hardship thrown by two kids.

I searched for similar covers only found few options. You can check below link for reference , you can also get matching back seat covers.
https://www.ubuy.co.in/search/index/...ge/store/store
rainmaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 08:17   #12497
BHPian

I wish Ford had given a park regenerate option, that mahindra has, which is fully automatic. Not sure if revving the engine beyond 2k on a cold start is good for turbo, in the long run.
BS6 is a lot of hassle of feel.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 19:10   #12498
BHPian

Got the Polco N series cover for my ES after the OEM one got torn to pieces in heavy winds within 7 months. Cover seems heavier than the OEM one I was using, hopefully doesn't rip and tear.

Ordered from the Polco website since I couldn't find one in Amazon. Pathetic website and very difficult to track. But the customer care team responded on email for queries. Got delivered a week after ordered.

As you can see from the pictures, there is no dedicated slot for the spare wheel like in the OEM, but still a snug fit. Has right pockets for ORVMs and antenna.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20210712_185507.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20210712_185525.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20210712_185540.jpg  

WizSatish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 20:16   #12499

After waiting for what seems like an eternity (5 and half months), I finally got my car. I cannot tell you how exited and emotional I feel buying my first car. It drives like butter and handles like a champ. It is no less than an Urus for me. Already clocked a little over 100kms within 24 hours of owning it and can't wait to put many more on this beautiful beast. All though it is everything I ever wanted, there are some things I have noticed. Car feels sluggish in 3rd gear for a few seconds and the mileage indicated in the MID is around 10kmpl(I think it is low for a tdci). Not sure if this is common in city driving. Friends told me that it should go up after first service. To end it on a positive mote, I have already started accessorizing the car to make it mine.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20210713_084459.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 13th July 2021 at 20:29. Reason: Removed non-compatible emojis
bharaththefreak is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 11:07   #12500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
After waiting for what seems like an eternity (5 and half months), I finally got my car. I cannot tell you how exited and emotional I feel buying my first car. It drives like butter and handles like a champ. .
. All though it is everything I ever wanted, there are some things I have noticed. Car feels sluggish in 3rd gear for a few seconds and the mileage indicated in the MID is around 10kmpl(I think it is low for a tdci).
Congratulations ! The Ecosport is such a competent product even today with so many options in the segment. Wish you a very happy ownership experience.

3rd gear sluggishness sounds odd, unless you are shifting too early. This sluggishness is usually felt in 2nd gear since it's a pretty long ratio and one tends to not use the first gear often. In the Ecosport TDCI, you need to use the first gear on speed breakers so be prepared for this.

It's too early to be judging the mileage. Basis my experience over 40k km now, city mileage will settle at around 15kmpl and highway will purely depend on your driving - cruise at 110 - 120 kmph and you will get around 16.5 - 17.5kmpl and if you keep speeds in the 80 - 100 range you will get 20+ kmpl. This is where I miss the 6th gear.
fiat_tarun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 17:25   #12501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
After waiting for what seems like an eternity (5 and half months), I finally got my car. I cannot tell you how exited and emotional I feel buying my first car. It drives like butter and handles like a champ. It is no less than an Urus for me. Already clocked a little over 100kms within 24 hours of owning it and can't wait to put many more on this beautiful beast. All though it is everything I ever wanted, there are some things I have noticed. Car feels sluggish in 3rd gear for a few seconds and the mileage indicated in the MID is around 10kmpl(I think it is low for a tdci). Not sure if this is common in city driving. Friends told me that it should go up after first service. To end it on a positive mote, I have already started accessorizing the car to make it mine.
Attachment 2178757
Congratulations on your beauty. As Tarun rightly said, keep the RPM above 1200 atleast when in 3rd gear. Above 1750, and the turbo kicks in.

Try resetting the MID and try different driving styles to check on the fuel economy. I get around 15 in the city and around 18-20 on highways.
Old 15th July 2021, 17:27   #12502
BHPian

Guys.. mine is a Dec 2020 Tdci. The front discs seems rusted. Is it normal during rain or could there be any other issue? Attaching a picture for reference. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20210715_172034.jpg  

Last edited by WizSatish : 15th July 2021 at 17:29.
Old 15th July 2021, 17:50   #12503
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
Guys.. mine is a Dec 2020 Tdci. The front discs seems rusted. Is it normal during rain or could there be any other issue? Attaching a picture for reference. Thanks in advance.
Just wipe the discs with a cloth after it has been standing idle for an hour or so and check. Chances are it is just mud accumulated after driving through rain. Do not do so right after you stop from a drive, the discs will be blazing hot.
Old 15th July 2021, 21:20   #12504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
Perfectly normal. This happens after you wash your car too if some water stays in the disc. Just drive and it will rub off the moment you brake!
Old 15th July 2021, 22:14   #12505
BHPian

Thanks. Will check after a drive tomorrow and also wipe and check if it is still there after the drive.
Old 19th July 2021, 09:15   #12506
BHPian

The discs were good as new after a drive Thank you
Old 19th July 2021, 09:43   #12507
BHPian

So finally took Skylar (I have named her ) on a proper highway drive on Saturday.

Drove from Chennai to Yercaud and back, a total of 701 kms. This trip just made me fall way more in love with the EcoSport's highway manners and the NVH.

I drove solo, Left home at 5:43 AM and was back by 5:48 PM. No stops anywhere, reached the foothills by 10:30AM and slowly made my way up enjoying the scenery and taking pictures, reached Yercaud at 11:30AM and picked up a parcel of Biryani from Thambi Prabhakaran Unavagam (must try if you are a foodie). Started my descent and stopped by the road side a few kms down. Enjoyed the biryani with the sound of Nature making a great background score. One quick bio-break and I started the return. It was a very pleasant day and I thoroughly enjoyed.

Got an overall mileage of 16.5 kmpl, there was a lot of traffic and the constant downshifting might have taken a toll on the average. Traffic was sparse after reaching Ulundurpet.

Compared to my Innova the EcoSport definitely feels way more powerful and quieter on the highways but the ride quality is FIRM(tyre pressure: 30 psi) and you definitely feels those rumblers and expansion joints on your bottom.

P.S. The MID continues to show a difference of ~2kmpl. Also diesel retailing at ₹94.53/liter in Chennai is crazy.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20210717_10241601.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20210717_12241601.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20210718_082208.jpg

Last edited by Shanksta : 19th July 2021 at 09:59.
Shanksta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 10:09   #12508
BHPian

When the continuous over speed warning bong comes on at 120 kmph , and when I use the lane change indicator the indicator tick sound doesn't work. Has anyone else faced this?
Old 5th August 2021, 23:51   #12509

I went for the Ford Ecosport Diesel with the quality, ruggedness & reliability in mind. I got my Titanium 2021 delivered in last week of March. The initial euphoria vanished when my vehicle started developing issues. We took the car the very next day from Bangalore to Kerala. Whilst returning, the problems started with the engine, then it was the electronics. My previous car was a Ford Fiesta Diesel which i used it for more than 6 years & driven more than 1L kms.

Considering it was a brand new car, I wasn't expecting such issues.

Engine - The engine loses power after 70 KMPH and no amount of push to the accelerator would help. The mileage dropped from 18 kmph to 13 kmph immediately on the highway. I did contact the showroom manager, he asked me to drive for atleast 15 days and then get it to the showroom. But the engine started knocking and would shut off at a speed to 50. Initially I thought this would be due to the speed on 3rd / 4th gear. The engine would go off irrespective on which gear I was driving

Electronics - Week 2, the display on the touchscreen was flickering and eventually blacked out next day

Clutch - The clutch felt spongy and would the gears make sounds on slotting 1st & 2nd. I thought this could be due to me not fully pressing the clutch while changing gears but the issue continued even after I consciously changing gears

Day 10 and I had to take the vehicle to the showroom (Elite Ford). I did explain all the issues I felt needed to be checked. Initially most of my issues were dismissed but then i was told, the car will be thoroughly checked and fixed. Next day I was asked to send the spare car key so that they can remap the electronics/sensors. Inspite of repeated questions on what was wrong, I was assured that there is no problem at all except some minor electronic issues. The RM seems to have been more keen to sell me other services like Teflon coating & underbody protection.

Post March could not take the vehicle to the service station due to 2nd wave lockdown. Will be taking the car this week to the service station for the 2nd visit. Hope they are able to find the issues & fix them.
Traveller17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 11:08   #12510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller17 View Post

Considering it was a brand new car, I wasn't expecting such issues.
Maybe rat bite issues when in storage at dealer yard? Everything seems to be electrical/electronic issues. Hope it is identified and resolved fully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks