Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 04:35   #12406
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

My dad recently acquired a Ford ecosport titanium plus AT and he recieved the RC from the RTO yesterday via mail. In that the body type mentioned for the car is 'HATCHBACK'. Technically, I agree the body type is correct, but the car is marketed as a compact SUV. Shouldn't it be mentioned that way or is it like RTO's in India do not classify vehicles less than 4m in length as an SUV?

Kindly note that the concerned RTO is Kodungallur, Kerala (KL-47). Can any Ford ecosport owner in Kerala confirm this? Should it be informed to the RTO to request for change in details in the RC?
fazonater1911 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 15:26   #12407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik.thm View Post
My Ecosport TDCI radiator fan makes whining noise when its running. Had it checked with service centre and they suggested to replace the fan altogether.
Get the motor checked by a trusted FNG. Ford guys will always replace even if the issue might be minor and easily repairable.
A new fan motor will set you back by around 8k I think so it's best to take the chance and get it inspected and repaired outside.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:04   #12408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik.thm View Post
. Is it normal that the radiator fan go kaput at this stage?
2. Or do I need to look for any other problem?
If they suggest there's a problem with the fan, I'd recommend getting it replaced right away. Check with a reliable FNG if that is indeed the problem if you'd like. Do you have warranty? This is covered if you do.

Do not postpone this. If the fan fails, the engine will overheat and if it does, it will leave you stranded, in the very least.

The fan on my car failed at 4.5 years/40k kms. While running an errand close by, I noticed lack of cooling in the cabin and suddenly got the engine overheating symbol on the MID. I stopped immediately, let the engine cool down for half an hour and then limped the car home (<2kms). Ford ASC changed the fan under warranty.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:41   #12409
BHPian

My Mother's been a fan of the Ecosport ever since it was launched oh so many years ago. We've been looking for a pre-owned car to replace her 2008 Swift Dzire and she says she'd love a Petrol AT Ecosport.

Is it a good idea getting the pre-facelift Petrol AT? Mods say that the petrol AT is an unreliable car and not a safe bet as a pre owned purchase. Can owners shed some light on this?
Thanks!
Old 23rd April 2021, 17:50   #12410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

Is it a good idea getting the pre-facelift Petrol AT? Mods say that the petrol AT is an unreliable car and not a safe bet as a pre owned purchase. Can owners shed some light on this?
Thanks!
Would not recommend the pre-facelift AT for 2 reasons:
1) The DCT was not trouble free and quite a few people had issues (premature clutch wear IIRC)
2) The average engine

Both these issues have been fixed with the facelift along with much nicer interiors and features, so look out for a 2017+ car.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 06:34   #12411

My car's delivery is pushed back by yet another month. Is this semiconductor shortage really that bad or is PPS Lalbagh fooling me with this. Has anyone else booked a titanium variant in Jan and received a mail this week about the extended wait time?
Old 24th April 2021, 09:42   #12412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
My car's delivery is pushed back by yet another month. Is this semiconductor shortage really that bad or is PPS Lalbagh fooling me with this. Has anyone else booked a titanium variant in Jan and received a mail this week about the extended wait time?
My friend had booked a Titanium Petrol in 2nd week of February and the car was delivered on March 22nd, which is about 40 days from the date of booking. He was promised delivery within 45 to 60 days. This was from PPS Hebbal. The quick delivery was mostly due to some other customer cancelling/delaying the purchase, so my friend was allotted the car.
Anyway you can contact other Ford dealers and ask them about the delivery timelines to understand the current waiting timelines due to Semiconductor shortage. Also the current Covid situation may cause even more delay due to curfews/restrictions.

Last edited by Funny : 24th April 2021 at 09:43.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 10:26   #12413
BHPian

I booked the car in Feb and they said they could get the car within 2 months. Few days back I got a call due to previous customer cancelling the booking, this car will be allotted to me if I want and will be delivered in 1st week of May. Or anyway my car is scheduled allocation for June.
Due to restrictions here, and as I planned to have the car coated through 3rd party, I decided to let go of May delivery and wait for the June allocation. By the time I hope this Covid situation normalizes and I would also be able to buy time to acquire more funds so that loan amount is decreased.
Old 24th April 2021, 22:03   #12414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
. In that the body type mentioned for the car is 'HATCHBACK'. Technically, I agree the body type is correct, but the car is marketed as a compact SUV. Shouldn't it be mentioned that way or is it like RTO's in India do not classify vehicles less than 4m in length as an SUV?

Kindly note that the concerned RTO is Kodungallur, Kerala (KL-47). Can any Ford ecosport owner in Kerala confirm this? Should it be informed to the RTO to request for change in details in the RC?
I would not sweat about it, I don't think they use a standardized description for body type in RC's (at least in the past). I just checked the RC book of my 2016 Ecosport (KL-58) and body type is denoted as Rigid Fully Built Cabin.
rahulraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 02:19   #12415

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
Hey man, I remember you writing about booking the car a few months back here. I booked ES Titanium Diesel in Feb I believe and our car is already here but just got pushed back because of this commercial lockdown. Already got it registered and all other formalities. Its in the stockyard.

I'm so glad I didn't book it from PPS Lalbagh, I had been there first for enquiry and I knew it easily that they are not professional enough and didn't seem organised.
I booked mine from Cauvery ford Magadi. They were very good and handled all the procedures extremely smoothly. Also Cauvery gave a much better deal and package in comparison to PPS!! And they have a much bigger showroom and setup. What date have PPS given you?
Old 25th April 2021, 05:31   #12416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carperiscope View Post
Hey man, I remember you writing about booking the car a few months back here. I booked ES Titanium Diesel in Feb I believe and our car is already here but just got pushed back because of this commercial lockdown. Already got it registered and all other formalities. Its in the stockyard.

I'm so glad I didn't book it from PPS Lalbagh, I had been there first for enquiry and I knew it easily that they are not professional enough and didn't seem organised.
I booked mine from Cauvery ford Magadi. They were very good and handled all the procedures extremely smoothly. Also Cauvery gave a much better deal and package in comparison to PPS!! And they have a much bigger showroom and setup. What date have PPS given you?
I initially got a mail from Ford India right after booking that my delivery date will be March 28th. Later PPS said that the shortage is much worse and pushed it to April 28th. I've received a mail from PPS sales incharge this week stating that all the deliveries are pushed to end of May.

I spoke to the person who handled my booking yesterday evening and got to know that my car will definitely be delivered next week given that the lockdown will not effect RTO operations. And the mail has been sent to everyone with a pending delivery. Although I'm not keen on believing this, I'll hopefully get mine this month *fingers crossed*

I have confirmed with Cauvery too. Most deliveries will apparently be delayed due to semiconductor shortage and the spike in number of covid cases isn't really helping.
Old 25th April 2021, 14:35   #12417
BHPian

10k Service update - JSP ford BG Road Bangalore - disappointed.

So its been 6 months since I got the TDCI S and due to lot of Bangalore-Chikmagalur highway trips the car has managed to clock nearly 10k kms already. Last week when I was visiting Bangalore the ODO stood at 9800 so I decided to get it serviced in Bangalore because if I drove back to Shimoga (original dealer) it would cross the 10k mark.
Looked for FASS nearby and found JSP ford on BG Road. Read good reviews and decided to get the car serviced here.
Its a rather small place with just a with a few ramps in a very small area. There was hardly any place to even park my car there to get inspected.

I had a few niggles needed to be addressed:
1. Outside smell entering cabin even when on recirculation mode
2. Rattling from centre of dash/behind ac vents
3. Driver side Roof rail had come loose
4. Requested for alignment and 4 tyre rotation.
5. Requested not to apply any kind of polish to any part of the interiors.

Service advisor noted all these customarily and i was promised delivery the next day.

I was called the next day and i was happy to learn about the prompt delivery times. Reached the service centre and I was advised to pay before seeing the car. Paid the bill and because i am very wary of the any contact in these times i just rushed back into the car without even seeing the bill or inspecting the car-my fault.
Got back home and parked her for the night.
Next morning I went to casually inspect the car and was shocked to see the shoddy work done by service centre.

1. Various White parts of the interior had oil marks and dried dirty water/oil marks. (attached pics are after casual cleaning)
2. All the alloys had oil marks visible.
3. Despite my request the whole interior were polished shiny black. Seats had dried dirty water marks.
4. All tyres were over inflated to 37 psi.
5. Ac ducts had dust all over which i always clean were not present when leaving for service.

I was gutted to see this on my brand new car on which i spend hours detailing the interiors every alternate week.
I made a call to the service advisor and was asked to bring back the car which I didn't because i thought i would just clean it myself.
The car was in the parking for a couple of more days without any driving and after a few days I left for Chikmagalur- only to discover a couple of more surprises on the highway.

1. Over 110 and nearing 120 KMPH the front tyres and steering started to judder/shudder/vibrate like crazy and there was involuntary feedback at high speeds on the steering wheel at high speeds.
2. The acceleration seemed different - I felt missing between 80 and 100 KMPH a few times. The car didn't pick up as soon as I stepped on it when it was in the turbo zone, it took like between 0.5 to 1 second before starting picking up grunt, felt just like how you feel when you step on the gas in an auto.
3. All the rattles were still present.

Upon reaching home I called the SA and politely explained all the issues.
There is no doubt that they have messed up the wheel balancing. I also asked them if there were any updates to the ECM done which might have changed engine behaviour? I was promised a callback and no word yet.

Last but not the least - they have also managed to get my name and email id wrong in the invoice.

This was my second free service which technically is just oil change and inspections - If they can manage drop the ball on this, I can't even imagine how the more major services will be handled.

I will be writing to custmail@ford.com requesting for a refund for the wheel alignment as I cannot go back to the centre for rectification and information on why the acceleration could have changed behaviour.
Sorry for all the ranting - i am truly gutted.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm-9.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm-10.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm-1.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm-5.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm-3.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm-4.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm-6.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm-7.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-1.37.01-pm-8.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210425-2.27.18-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by carriage.retorq : 25th April 2021 at 14:39.
Old 25th April 2021, 18:07   #12418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post
Sorry to hear your issues. I get my car serviced at the same Service centre and I never had any issues. This is one of the few service centres which I am happy with.
Also I never opt for their cleaning services even if offered free of cost.
Do write to Ford, they are quite prompt in solving issues with their dealers.

Last edited by speedmiester : 25th April 2021 at 18:08.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 18:44   #12419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post

I will be writing to custmail@ford.com requesting for a refund for the wheel alignment as I cannot go back to the centre for rectification and information on why the acceleration could have changed behaviour.
Sorry for all the ranting - i am truly gutted.
Please write a strongly worded email to Ford as well as the JSP Ford service center manager with these pictures. No excuse for shoddy work, and as much as we love the Ford brand, service centers should not be allowed to tarnish the image of the brand in such a manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Sorry to hear your issues. I get my car serviced at the same Service centre and I never had any issues. This is one of the few service centres which I am happy with.
+1. I used their service center last month as well, although for the first free service. It is close to my place and hence made logistical sense to use their center.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 23:57   #12420

Has anyone faced condensation in the HID headlamps after moderate rains. Mine is a 4 month old titanium s model and could see the lights getting fogged up. As per SA this is normal but haven’t faced this even in older cars and this feels low quality
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-875bb1e6145a46ec82dda93f417eaf3a.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-a977e687fdec4bfb8eb20d5276092340.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks