Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2021, 02:41   #12436
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hey fellow bhpians,

I drive the 20' model year EcoSport AT (Torque Converter) and have a couple of questions.

How frequently would we need to change the transmission oil in the EcoSport AT as nothing specific to AT oil change was mentioned in the owner's manual. Also is there a way I can check the transmission oil level and quality in AT or it remains sealed and can only be checked during change? I tried asking the SA during my first service on the transmission oil change frequency for AT and he was giving random numbers ( Of course I'm not convinced ).
On the AT oil quantity and quality check part, he was saying we won't be able to check it just like other fluids. I generally inspect all the fluid levels while going on any intercity drives and random checks on odd weekends but the AT oil is something that's stuck on the back of my mind for so long.

Also are there any other fluids we would need to keep an eye on which are specific to AT?
Old 8th May 2021, 09:17   #12437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiuday View Post
Hey fellow bhpians,

I drive the 20' model year EcoSport AT (Torque Converter) and have a couple of questions.

How frequently would we need to change the transmission oil in the EcoSport AT as nothing specific to AT oil change was mentioned in the owner's manual. Also is there a way I can check the transmission oil level and quality in AT or it remains sealed and can only be checked during change? I tried asking the SA during my first service on the transmission oil change frequency for AT and he was giving random numbers ( Of course I'm not convinced ).
On the AT oil quantity and quality check part, he was saying we won't be able to check it just like other fluids. I generally inspect all the fluid levels while going on any intercity drives and random checks on odd weekends but the AT oil is something that's stuck on the back of my mind for so long.

Also are there any other fluids we would need to keep an eye on which are specific to AT?
I have 2 AT cars that are now 12 years+ in age. Service centers keep insisting that the AT oil need not be changed. But soon, after 4 years or so, one starts getting jerkiness in shifts. So it is advisable to change the oil after 4-6 years. The time will depend on how much of mileage you accumulate. Do a double oil change - second one 3-4 months after the first change and alteast 2500 kms in between. Use the recommended oil grade.
And if you are getting jerky gear shifts you can consider an additive.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 20:39   #12438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Guys,

What’s the waiting period of Ford Ecosport TDCi? Just asking because my brother is planning to buy one replacing his 10 year old Swift VDI and he is considering Titanium TDCI as it comes within his budget of ₹12L!
Since titanium TDCi is the most VFM, it's hard to come by. Waiting period of almost all models have been recently increased to 120 days. But, if lucky, you could get a sports model early. Very few dealerships might have some stock left, especially in Punjab I heard.
Old 8th May 2021, 21:01   #12439
BHPian

Friends, my Ford Ecosport petrol AT has completed 3 years . It was under warranty till now. To continue my warranty for another two years , it costs Rs 25,000/ . How many have taken extended warranty? Is it worth it? I have done only 13,000/ kms till now. Please reply asap. Thanks in advance
Old 8th May 2021, 21:15   #12440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Guys,

What’s the waiting period of Ford Ecosport TDCi? Just asking because my brother is planning to buy one replacing his 10 year old Swift VDI and he is considering Titanium TDCI as it comes within his budget of ₹12L!
Waiting for Titanium ranges between 2-3 months currently! It's the highest selling variant, especially in Diesel. I would suggest him to stretch to S variant, as not only it's a very well loaded variant, it also has the distinctive styling that still turns heads. The waiting also would be lower, around 1.5-2 months.
Old 8th May 2021, 21:51   #12441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Friends... Is it worth it? I have done only 13,000/ kms till now. Please reply asap. Thanks in advance
I have taken the additional warranty for my manual one, it’s a no brainer at least from my thought process just for the peace of mind.
Old 9th May 2021, 10:08   #12442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
How many have taken extended warranty? Is it worth it? I have done only 13,000/ kms till now. Please reply asap. Thanks in advance
Yes extended warranty is almost always worth it. I have taken 5 year warranty at the time of purchasing the car itself. It provides and assurance and peace of mind that is more valuable than than the asking price.
Old 10th May 2021, 23:21   #12443
Senior - BHPian

My Ecosport completes 2 months today, and has hardly done 1069 kms, mainly due to the lockdown and also because all if us are working from home. And also due to most of us being down for a couple of weeks due to Covid-19. Thankfully we all recovered more than a month ago!

First service is due after a month. Meanwhile, I realised that I had not checked the 12V points in the front and rear. So i carried my Boat charger (recovered from my Fiesta) and my office iPhone, with the necessary cables and checked both connections. Thankfully both worked fine!

I still need to check Apple Carplay as i rarely use my office Iphone in the car. Android auto is regularly used and works fine though.

As I've crossed 1000 kms a few days ago, I am no longer going to baby the car, and plan to cross 2500 rpms on the tacho in the coming days, just to enjoy the diesel torque. I also believe driving above 2000 rpm for a few minutes helps keeping the DPF in BS6 models healthy.

Would appreciate any other pointers before the first service next month. I have not yet experienced auto wipers or headlamps.
Old 11th May 2021, 09:28   #12444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As I've crossed 1000 kms a few days ago, I am no longer going to baby the car, and plan to cross 2500 rpms on the tacho in the coming days, just to enjoy the diesel torque. I also believe driving above 2000 rpm for a few minutes helps keeping the DPF in BS6 models healthy.

Would appreciate any other pointers before the first service next month. I have not yet experienced auto wipers or headlamps.
First service is just a basic check and wash, nothing more, unless you have any specific complaints. Yes, now that you have crossed 1000 kms, you can start taking this baby to higher revs. Truth be told, there is enough torque and power between 1500 and 2500 RPM to ensure that it is smooth sailing all the way if you keep the tacho needle between this range. Don't even need to stretch beyond 2500 RPM except perhaps in rare cases of a very fast overtake.

As far as DPF is concerned, I try to ensure a high speed run (even if for a short while) on open roads, but with the lockdown, this is becoming difficult to achieve. Will definitely get back on the roads with a vengeance and clock some serious kilometers on the TDCI once free highway travel is again permitted.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 09:50   #12445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
My Ecosport completes 2 months today, and has hardly done 1069 kms, mainly due to the lockdown and also because all if us are working from home. And also due to most of us being down for a couple of weeks due to Covid-19. Thankfully we all recovered more than a month ago!

First service is due after a month. Meanwhile, I realised that I had not checked the 12V points in the front and rear. So i carried my Boat charger (recovered from my Fiesta) and my office iPhone, with the necessary cables and checked both connections. Thankfully both worked fine!

I still need to check Apple Carplay as i rarely use my office Iphone in the car. Android auto is regularly used and works fine though.

First service is a simple checkup. You can opt for an oil change if you are particular, but is not required.
Do take it up to higher revs, though for a comfortable highway drive, max 2500rpm is sufficient.
I do take the revs till 3500rpms in all gears once in a while on open roads. This also clears the soot in the exhaust and the engine feels peppier after this. Mine is BS4 Ecosport so can't comment on the DPF aspect.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 21:19   #12446
BHPian

My Ecosport is a 2016 model TDCi Titanium. The AC compressor was replaced under warranty in 2019 at about 30K kms. The issue started with a weird rattling noise, which was traced to a worn out bush which caused the condenser pipe to rattle against the neighbouring framework. It was fixed by an FNG. Later on, the condenser fan failed, which caused loss of cooling while idling and at low speeds. Eventually, the cooling failed altogether and I had it checked at the ASC. They initially replaced the condenser fan switch, then the fan, and finally the entire compressor assembly. THe car was under extended warranty at the time.

Now, the car is almost 5 years and 37K kms old, out of warranty, and there is a different kind of rattling noise heard. It only happens when the car is idling, and sometimes disappears altogether. I took it to the workshop twice, and on both occasions, the noise could not be reproduced. It disappears when the AC is turned off, or the car starts moving. I have checked the pipes for play and it all seems normal. There is no issue with cooling and the car cools quickly even in our hot 37 degrees Palakkad weather. Any idea what could be the problem, and has someone else encountered such an issue?
Old 18th May 2021, 11:00   #12447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Now, the car is almost 5 years and 37K kms old, out of warranty, and there is a different kind of rattling noise heard. It only happens when the car is idling, and sometimes disappears altogether. I took it to the workshop twice, and on both occasions, the noise could not be reproduced. It disappears when the AC is turned off, or the car starts moving. I have checked the pipes for play and it all seems normal. There is no issue with cooling and the car cools quickly even in our hot 37 degrees Palakkad weather. Any idea what could be the problem, and has someone else encountered such an issue?
Mine is same model as yours & the compressor failed at a similar time. It was replaced under extended warranty. After that some gas pipe also failed and was replaced under warranty. Is this a common problem in ecosport? My car's engine bay vibrates a lot at times when idle. Service advisor says one of the engine mount has become weak. Though it doesn't need immediate replacement at but have to replace them soon. Your's car is rattling or vibrating? If engine bay has lot of vibrations then check for engine mounting.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 12:48   #12448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Mine is same model as yours & the compressor failed at a similar time. It was replaced under extended warranty. After that some gas pipe also failed and was replaced under warranty. Is this a common problem in ecosport? My car's engine bay vibrates a lot at times when idle. Service advisor says one of the engine mount has become weak. Though it doesn't need immediate replacement at but have to replace them soon. Your's car is rattling or vibrating? If engine bay has lot of vibrations then check for engine mounting.
No vibes at all. It 's more of a thud thud than a rattle, i.e more bass than treble. As I said, the sound disappears completely when the AC is switched off, so I doubt that the engine mount is to blame. Thanks for the reply..
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 13:02   #12449
BHPian

I've prepared a spreadsheet of the feature shuffle which has happened in Ford Cars from 2018 onwards. I have added as much as I remember and others can feel free to add more content to this spreadsheet as this will benefit potential buyers(especially those who are going for used ones) who are considering Ford cars. Hope this helps

Quick tip to skim through the spreadsheet: Red colour indicates the variant is discontinued and Green indicates a new feature being added. I have made 3 Tabs. First Tab for Ecosport(Facelift), 2nd for the Figo Triplets and last for the Endevaour.

Ford Feature Shuffle List.xlsx

Last edited by jithin23 : 20th May 2021 at 13:04.
jithin23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 13:43   #12450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
This is slightly of topic, but the dealership called me on the the 17th to inform me that the car has been unloaded at their godown/warehouse - which is in Thane. I obviously can't go and inspect the vehicle due to the current curbs in Mumbai.

I had one question, will the car be safe there? As, in all likelihood the current situation will be on till May 15th.
Hi Team, I had a query. So, as in all likelihood the lock-down will potentially extend into June, the dealer has offered to get the vehicle to my place to do a PDI (as i refuse to move forward and release any payments without the same). On asking if the vehicle is damaged due to this much movement who will pay for it, they claim their transit insurance covers it. I'm still not convinced and I'm in two minds about this. Does transit/trade plate insurance cover this much movement?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks