Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 00:25   #12556
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Its right after the Air Filter box, have highlighted it for you..be careful while removing it..

Need more details on boot issue.. where exactly to spray WD 40?
Isn't that the MAF sensor? I need to locate the MAP sensor ..

Attaching a generic image, the latch highlighted in red is where you have to spray the wd-40. It'll stop the creaking temporarily, eventually you'll have to get it tightened at the service center.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-05f0e157bc33485bbe512e8c84c7dd44large16x9_2018fordecosport12.jpeg  

DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 12:15   #12557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear All,

Today after around five and half hour of continuous driving, wife accidentally happen to touch this part highlighted in red, and she jumped in seat - it was extremely hot. It is under the dashboard and towards the left of gear box assembly. I am surprised how this is left exposed.

Can anyone please elaborate at what this part is, should I worried if it gets overheated?

Thanks in advance

That is the high pressure AC pipe which will be hot to touch and is perfectly normal. It's quite hidden so you don't end up touching it usually.

I learnt this the hard way when trying to conceal my dash cam wiring
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 10:08   #12558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
Isn't that the MAF sensor? I need to locate the MAP sensor ..
Sorry My Bad. This is the MAP sensor. Usually located somewhere on the intake manifold. And is held with a single bolt and has an electrical connection.

Mine's the 1.5 TDCI so you'll need a bit of looking around to figure it out..
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20210916_093417__01__01.jpg  

kaushiksudra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 20:30   #12559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post

I have asked them to keep me updated. Not sure what to expect next.

Please let me know if any advice here.
Quick update on my issue.

After lot of back and forth with the Dealership they offered me 35% support for Engine Cost. Still there was no explanation for why there were no warnings lights displayed.

I was not happy and escalated the issue to Ford (Just one day before Ford shared exit news). First I was getting standard replies like Dealership has already worked on issue and I should talk to them. I had to included few folks from Ford India Leadership to get some attention.

Today morning I got update from Ford that they will cover 50% of the cost of engine. I had asked for extended warranty as well but they denied that. I may be eligible to buy anytime warranty once car is fixed.

Few questions:
  1. I am yet to get quote for extended anytime warranty, under current circumstances is it worth to go for it?
  2. What do service center do with old engine? Is it advisable to ask for old engine/usable parts of old engine and keep it for future use?
Old 17th September 2021, 21:18   #12560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Sorry My Bad. This is the MAP sensor. Usually located somewhere on the intake manifold. And is held with a single bolt and has an electrical connection.

Mine's the 1.5 TDCI so you'll need a bit of looking around to figure it out..
I have the same engine! Thanks a lot btw!
Old 17th September 2021, 21:31   #12561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
I have the same engine! Thanks a lot btw!
Oh Cool...do let me know how it goes.
Old 19th September 2021, 12:11   #12562
BHPian

Dear All,

Need advice.

When ES tdci engine is cold and engaged in reverse, there is a light thud experienced on the steering wheel. This also happened before i ignored it as momentary phenomenon. This is not so bothersome on long travel or when the engine is at operating temperatures. I find an old video, is that the right diagnosis.

Thanks again.
Old 23rd September 2021, 17:54   #12563
BHPian

Dear All,

I own a 2019 Ecosport AT with 17000 kilometres on the odometer. I came back yesterday after a long drive and everything was fine. Took the car out for an errand today. When I came back the car wouldn't start. The battery was completely dead. With help from a FNG, I was able to jumpstart and drive back home. I switched off the car once I reached home and it wouldn't start again. I am not able to lock the car using the fob either. The DRLs, console lights are all on and only switch off when I attempt to start the car. I am unable to press the brake pad as well. I have a few questions and looking for some expert opinion here.

1) Based on history of misleading warning messages, can I assume this has something to do with my OEM battery ?
2) Could this be something related to the alternator as the battery did not get charged enough after it was jump started.I drove for about 7-8 kilometres after it was jump started ?
3) FNG suggests Amaron 45 ah battery as replacement. Is there a way to rule out alternator issues before I go for a replacement.

Appreciate your responses. Thank you.
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:22   #12564
BHPian

Appears to be an alternator/alternator belt issue. Did the FNG check for the charging current or the alternator belt?
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:26   #12565
BHPian

No. FNG is confident that it is a battery issue as Ford OEM batteries give away in 2-3 years time and the symptoms look similar to battery issues. But they are not able to convince me on why this is not an alternator problem.
Old 23rd September 2021, 22:00   #12566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansundar View Post
No. FNG is confident that it is a battery issue as Ford OEM batteries give away in 2-3 years time and the symptoms look similar to battery issues. But they are not able to convince me on why this is not an alternator problem.
Check with Ford first considering the battery will still be under warranty and so will your vehicle. Even if the battery has gone kaput, it can be replaced by OEM and would suggest not to buy a new battery out of pocket.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:54   #12567
BHPian

Quote:
Replaced my '18 Ecosport TDCi battery last year at Ford A.S.S. after facing similar issues as you. An old battery won't hold charge, is what i was told. Here's what happened..
I turned on my car in the morning, drove 300 km to my hometown, reached in the noon and went to sleep. Thought of taking the car for a wash in the afternoon, but it wouldn't start! Luckily it was on a ramp, so i just rolled it down and slotted it in 2nd and it started, off i went to the carwash.
They did the job in an hour, and the car refused to start again. So they gave me push, i did the gear thing again, started the car and went straight to the A.S.S. I was sure there was something seriously wrong with my car, cuz it didn't really give me any warnings, no starting trouble, even in cold weather, nothing at all.
They just replaced the battery, and it's been problem free ever since, like it was earlier.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 08:56   #12568
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

I own a 2019 Ecosport AT with 17000 kilometres on the odometer. I came back yesterday after a long drive and everything was fine. Took the car out for an errand today. When I came back the car wouldn't start. The battery was completely dead. With help from a FNG, I was able to jumpstart and drive back home. I switched off the car once I reached home and it wouldn't start again. I am not able to lock the car using the fob either. The DRLs, console lights are all on and only switch off when I attempt to start the car. I am unable to press the brake pad as well. I have a few questions and looking for some expert opinion here.

1) Based on history of misleading warning messages, can I assume this has something to do with my OEM battery ?
2) Could this be something related to the alternator as the battery did not get charged enough after it was jump started.I drove for about 7-8 kilometres after it was jump started ?
3) FNG suggests Amaron 45 ah battery as replacement. Is there a way to rule out alternator issues before I go for a replacement.

Appreciate your responses. Thank you.
I used my OEM battery for almost 5+ years on my Ecosport 2014 TDCI. The car was used everyday for at least 50-75 kms. Did notice the battery was weak after 4 years of usage, but since the car was used everyday didn't prove to be an issue. But one day was just about to start from home last year and it wouldn't start. Realized that its time and changed. it's been trouble free since. The problem with batteries start after 1.5-2 years and post that if the vehicle is not being used for considerable amount of kms to charge the battery, with every crank it keeps getting weaker and though it has about 12V, it just suddenly drops to 6V or below when we try to crank the engine and doesn't have enough power to fire up...

Also as you've told you've been getting fake warning messages, this is a sign of a weak battery for sure. Better to have it checked and changed..
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 18:22   #12569
BHPian

Thank you for all the responses. I have decided to go with a battery replacement going by the suggestions here. I am still not convinced that it has nothing to do with the alternator but want to give it a shot. I will keep this thread updated after I change the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
Check with Ford first considering the battery will still be under warranty and so will your vehicle. Even if the battery has gone kaput, it can be replaced by OEM and would suggest not to buy a new battery out of pocket.
The OEM battery comes with a warranty period of 2 years or 40000 kilometres whichever is earlier. I am out of warranty, so planning to go with a Amaron 45ah battery.

One more related question. When the battery was dead, I was able to lock the driver side door using the key fob, but other doors wouldn't lock. Is there a way to enable the centralised lock with a dead battery on the ecosport ?
Old 24th September 2021, 19:34   #12570
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for all the responses. I have decided to go with a battery replacement going by the suggestions here. I am still not convinced that it has nothing to do with the alternator but want to give it a shot. I will keep this thread updated after I change the battery.

I had similar issue like your in my Honda Jazz within 2.5 years of purchase. The car stalled when navigating some potholes, and after that it wouldn't start. Luckily it was slightly downhill and I was able to get it to the side of the road. Again to my luck, there was a battery shop half a km away who came and jump started my car. I also thought it was some issue with the alternator etc as the battery suddenly died with no warning. Next day, called up roadside assistance of my insurance to jump start it again and took it to HASS and they checked and told me alternator was good and battery was completely dead. Their price of battery was almost Rs 1000 higher than battery bhai. I took the car to work and ordered battery through batterybhai.com, who came and replaced wth Amaron battery in couple of hours. Things have been good so far for last two years.
sanchari is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks