Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2023, 00:33   #12811
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareesh3395 View Post
Hi Everyone,
Ecosport 1.5 Diesel 2016, My car is facing loose gear shift all of a sudden from today. It is happening only from today.

Do I need to replace the gear bush?
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=quu2a5tZQD8

Any one faced same issues?
This happened to me a few years back and the gear was literally unresponsive while taking off at traffic lights. The gear bush (or whatever be the accessory name) which holds up at the end of the steel wire went off for me. Since this wasn't a standard accessory for ecosport at that time - the option was to replace the whole line + bush which was about 4-5K at that time.

But the FASS helped me fix the same gear bush from the old Figo at some 100s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draken View Post
Any suggestions of decent ones under Rs 100?

Or should I just crack open the outer cover thats the problem like this guy ? Seems easy.
I probably asked this question in about 3years since my ownership and realized that these are the pneumatic tools that are damaging it.

I got the caps removed at a wheel alignment shop and paid the guy some tip. Now the wheel nuts run on spanner number 18 alike Figo (old) and had to buy a good lever of the same size.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 00:45   #12812
BHPian

At about 94K my 2014 Diesel Titanium, recently had repair work.

AC The AC quality had come down in June-July period and once the FASS technicial had mentioned about a probable leak. I never bothered to do a check, but as days went buy I realized that the power had come down drastically. On a visit to the quick-lane they suggested to take this to an AC repair shop as FASS only replaces things and the labour could be expensive.

Went to a nearby Car AC repair shop and looked like a nozzle was doing all the trouble, replaced it and refilled the gas and had the components checked for around 5 K

Jerk / Missing on some acceleration While I got rid of the AC, recently another mild hassle popped up. While I have been noticing some small jerks on acceleration especially around 2 and 3rd gears, it was not regular and is still isnt.

I had experience very loud herks on my bro-in-laws Corolla Altis which ended up being an Injector failure.

With this I went to FASS today, but they couldnt get anything on the test drives. Deciding to take the car back to observe the exact area, I had 3 instance in a drive of about 15 KMs. One was on the 3rd gear at about 2500+ RPM, one was on 2nd Gear at 3k + RPM, and one on a normal 2K+ RPM 3rd gear.

What exactly does this feel like?

This is not a loud jerk, it is mostly subtle. I feel them since this is on my accelerator pedal, and it doesn't affect the fellow riders. It might be a missing or a jerk. Something like we are driving on a slightly bouncy road. Again only for the driver.

According to FASS

- Injectors issues would induce a warning lamp. Injector issue is not common for Ecosport, unlike the Figo
- Fuel line / Fuel pump, also does not work like this.

They asked me to get the car back on Monday and do some round of tests on drives to come up with the exact scenarios.

Any thoughts?
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 00:45   #12813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post

Any thoughts?
My car had similar jerks while idling after a hard drive, happened only once and disappeared after a restart.
Try using liqui moly super diesel additive, and clean your maf, map sensor. Maybe reset battery too. I doubt anything needs replacement.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 11:25   #12814
BHPian

Quote:
- Injectors issues would induce a warning lamp. Injector issue is not common for Ecosport, unlike the Figo
- Fuel line / Fuel pump, also does not work like this.

Any thoughts?
My suggestion is based on the fact the FASS must have checked for any air leaks from hoses, pipes and intake manifold.

Please get your diesel fuel filter, oil filter changed along with an engine flush from liquy moly prior to getting the engine oil changed.

Then, get a full tank of fuel and use some additives from HP (turbojet).
The issue should resolve itself.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 15:24   #12815

Hi Team, I am a satisfied owner of a 2014 Ecosport (Ecoboost). Recently, I faced a problem with the door latches of the car wherein the doors do not close due to the latch on the door not locking correctly with the hinge on the door frame.

At first, I faced this problem with the rear side passenger door (April this year). Initially I thought some miscreants might have tried to get in and the door lock broke. I drove around by tying a cloth from the inside door handle to the front seat headrest for a couple of days. I ordered the replacement part through Boodmo and got it replaced by a local mechanic who charged only Rs 300/-. I did not go with FASS because I thought the labour costs will be higher plus if they do not have the part in stock, it will delay the repair (Boodmo offered delivery within 48 hours).

Yesterday, I faced the same problem with the front passenger door and decided to visit FASS for a look also because the annual service was due next month. There I learnt from a note on the white board that Ecosports between 2013-2016 (IIRC) might face this issue and there is a Ford FSA directive in this regard which advises to change all door latches. My SA initially said that my car is not covered and I had to show him the notice and he said he will check and get back tomorrow. However they do not have the part in stock and it will be only available in about a week after they order. I will update this space with my experience.

Did anyone faced a similar issue with their vehicle? And were you able to claim it under the FSA?
DetonatoR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 13:13   #12816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetonatoR View Post
Hi Team, I am a satisfied owner of a 2014 Ecosport (Ecoboost). ......

Did anyone faced a similar issue with their vehicle? And were you able to claim it under the FSA?
I own a Dec 2013 model Ecosport 1.5D. Reading your post seemed like I was revisiting my experience with the door latches a year later. I too had to get both door latches on the left side replaced last year.

As I was not aware of any Ford service advisory or recall on this particular defect, the entire bill was footed by me.
rookieraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 13:27   #12817
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have an issue with the stepney lock: I've never had a puncture so far, and I did only one 5-wheel rotation a year ago. I wanted to do another round yesterday, but the wheel-rotation guys could not open the stepney lock with the delivered bit. It waz slipping and therefore I went in for a 4-wheel rotation, and went to Vibrant Ford today to have the stepney loosened.

They too tried in vain and said the 'flowery' locking projection was damaged in the concerned nut holder and that I'd have to get it removed at a lathe shop. I asked how this could have happened, and all they said was that the guys who did the rotaion last year had damaged the lock, either when they tightened it last year, or when they tried to remove it yesterday.

What pains me is that Ford ASS does not have a lathe machine to get the job done. Also, how could Ford deliver such a delicate locking mechanism? I do understand that the lock is meant to prevent theft, but why provide such a delicate part? And even if I get to remove that lock, I'd have to buy a new one for Rs 3000!

I spoke to the lathe machine shop suggested by the S.A., but they needed a couple of days to procure another bit, which they plan to place over the existing lock, and then remove the locking nut. The other option was to weld and cut the lock out, but as this would probably damage the alloy due to limited room, I did not opt for it.

Has anyone faced such a problem? How was it overcome?

I need to drive to Bangalore from Hyderabad tomorrow, and i hope I don't have a puncture, as I'd have no option but to get the same punctured tyre repaired (as I cannot remove the stepney). I also need to travel to Wayanad next week. I'll be returning to Hyderabad only after 12 days.

Do you guys know of any place in Bangalore where I can get the stepney lock removed?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vnabhi : 8th September 2023 at 13:35.
Old 8th September 2023, 14:53   #12818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Has anyone faced such a problem? How was it overcome?

I need to drive to Bangalore from Hyderabad tomorrow, and i hope I don't have a puncture, as I'd have no option but to get the same punctured tyre repaired (as I cannot remove the stepney). I also need to travel to Wayanad next week. I'll be returning to Hyderabad only after 12 days.

Do you guys know of any place in Bangalore where I can get the stepney lock removed?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I faced the same issue a couple of months back, the nut was stuck and skipping the tool. Visited the Cauvery service station near Binnymill.The SA used the same tool and banged it twice on the head and removed the nut . But I bought a new bolt anyway that cost me around 3k.
shivkumar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 14:57   #12819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Hi, I faced the same issue a couple of months back, the nut was stuck and skipping the tool. Visited the Cauvery service station near Binnymill.The SA used the same tool and banged it twice on the head and removed the nut . But I bought a new bolt anyway that cost me around 3k.
Thank you. Can you please share the location of Cauvery service centre?

My SA tried that banging trick with 2 more persons, tried all sorts of lock combinations that they had in a box, but gave up in vain.

I guess you were lucky,
Old 12th September 2023, 21:36   #12820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
The stock battery which i was using for 4 years 63K km was finally showing its age.

Amaron FLO seem to be the choice for most people here so i headed to the nearest Amaron Pitstop center to get my battery replaced. The 55AH was quoted as 5k & 65 one as 5.5K with 5 year warranty & existing battery replacement. I wanted the 65AH but to my dismay i noticed it cannot be fitted in the compartment.
So its been 5+ yrs with Amaron Flo and 1.05L KM on ODO. Battery went out of warranty last month and was thinking of proactively replacing it with a newer model. What are the best options I have from Amaron & Exide stables ? Is Amaron Flo still the gold standard or something better came out in last 5 years

The Pro & Epiq seems to be top of the line, however I think they are not available for 43/55 AH size.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-epiqnew2.jpg

Name:  pro72_1.png
Views: 419
Size:  667.5 KB

Last edited by Samfromindia : 12th September 2023 at 21:38.
Old 14th September 2023, 16:05   #12821
BHPian

Quote:

Jerk / Missing on some acceleration While I got rid of the AC, recently another mild hassle popped up. While I have been noticing some small jerks on acceleration especially around 2 and 3rd gears, it was not regular and is still isnt.

What exactly does this feel like?

This is not a loud jerk, it is mostly subtle. I feel them since this is on my accelerator pedal, and it doesn't affect the fellow riders. It might be a missing or a jerk. Something like we are driving on a slightly bouncy road. Again only for the driver.

Any thoughts?
UPDATE

My second visit also did not yield any result and after almost 1K on the ODO, it seemed like I had to live with it, until last Saturday.

I had a city drive and clocked around 30-40 KM along with idling for almost 15 -20 mins and I observed irregular movement of the tachometer needle. With the AC on it looked like frequent ups and downs but within very short range with the AC.

Switch of the AC and its all normal.

Post this event, I have been monitoring the car jerks and I have summarized this to be only when the AC is on.

Can the Compressor be the culprit? Given that I have recently serviced it - should I go to FASS or the the AC service guy.
Old 14th September 2023, 21:14   #12822
BHPian

The increasing demand for 6 seats (my kids have grown up) has finally resulted in me parting ways with my cherished, worshiped and carefully maintained 2015 Ecoboost 1.0 Titanium. I wish the new owner loads of enjoyment and safe driving.

A big THANK YOU to everyone here at Team-BHP who have helped this community by sharing reviews, experiences, opinions and suggestions.

Attaching some parting photos of my 8½ year old beauty:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20230604_111900.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20230604_111908.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20230604_111928.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20230604_111920.jpg  

hemant.kamat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 16:55   #12823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
The increasing demand for 6 seats (my kids have grown up) has finally resulted in me parting ways with my cherished, worshiped and carefully maintained 2015 Ecoboost 1.0 Titanium. I wish the new owner loads of enjoyment and safe driving.

A big THANK YOU to everyone here at Team-BHP who have helped this community by sharing reviews, experiences, opinions and suggestions.

Attaching some parting photos of my 8½ year old beauty:
The Ecosport is a difficult car to replace. I also have a 2015 Ecoboost and I sometimes do get swayed when new cars are launched with with tonnes of new features, however, I have never felt any car worthy enough to replace my Ecosport. Which car did you get in place of Ecosport
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 23:50   #12824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
The Ecosport is a difficult car to replace. I also have a 2015 Ecoboost and I sometimes do get swayed when new cars are launched with with tonnes of new features, however, I have never felt any car worthy enough to replace my Ecosport
Yes, I completely agree. Still, a car is only as good as the service that backs it, and my ordeal with Kings Ford (Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite' | Ford India uncooperative) falls way short of the mark. In Goa, where I'm based, no FNG is willing to touch the Ecosport apart from the routine oil/filter change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Which car did you get in place of Ecosport
I've currently settled for an Ertiga Zxi Black Limited Edition (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review), but I'm also considering a pre-worshipped Alcazar/Innova if I can find one in Goa

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 16th September 2023 at 00:00.
hemant.kamat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 19:28   #12825
BHPian

Quote:
I had a city drive and clocked around 30-40 KM along with idling for almost 15 -20 mins and I observed irregular movement of the tachometer needle. With the AC on it looked like frequent ups and downs but within very short range with the AC.

Switch of the AC and its all normal.
I noticed a issue first time while going to Pune TeamBhp meet @Wai. When my car is in turbo zone, rpm is getting up and down a bit randomly. Its not jerking, but it feels micro surge & sink of power for a constant A input. It feels like someone is making small adjustments to A pedal throttle. Going to get my pending service done soon and look into this issue. However as usual all symptoms disappear when i visit workshop & explain them to technician.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks