Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 14:00   #5116
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
Mine is a diesel titanium and I tried to open the boot by double pressing the third button (unmarked). Nothing happened. I didn't even feel like a button being pressed. Does it come it only Titanium (O)? Do you have to do it in a certain condition (unlocked?) or in a certain fashion?
It works when the car is unlocked.
Old 28th October 2013, 14:23   #5117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
Finally cancelled my booking yesterday. I had booked Tit (O) Diesel at SC Ford Mumbai on 21st July. After waiting for 3 months, no confirm delivery date, dealer's attitude, all this even after submitting MP's letter. I was too frustrated.

Booked XUV 500 now. Getting the delivery in 10-12 days.
Just curious. Why give an MP's letter to get delivery of a car? To get the dealer to furnish confirmed delivery date?
Old 28th October 2013, 14:40   #5118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
Mine is a diesel titanium and I tried to open the boot by double pressing the third button (unmarked). Nothing happened. I didn't even feel like a button being pressed. Does it come it only Titanium (O)? Do you have to do it in a certain condition (unlocked?) or in a certain fashion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
It works when the car is unlocked.
Works with this:

but not with this:
ecosport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 14:49   #5119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Just curious. Why give an MP's letter to get delivery of a car? To get the dealer to furnish confirmed delivery date?
During the constant follow up with the dealer, one day he showed me the letters from the big politicians mentioning that " Mr. so n so is out party member / Dear to us / in relation" etc. so I request you allot him the vehicle out of turn "

Since I also had some political contact, I used it. But ONLY when I felt that long wait ( 3 months) and follow up with dealer is not going to help me get the vehicle on my Birthday.
Old 28th October 2013, 14:58   #5120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Thank you for the wishes.

TMP price is not yet announced, as I am taking through company lease, I wanted to bundle the amount also through leasing as it will give me tax benefit. For Diesel new Fiesta the TMP for 3 years is 39K. So ideally Ecosport's TMP should not exceed this. So roughly around 30K I put it in the quotation.

DO you guys have an idea of Octane level of petrol funda ..?

Couple of points to mention.
  1. Don't go for rear spoiler, firstly it doesn't add any practical difference, secondly, the way they drill the holes on the doors are very wide.
  2. Make sure that people who are fitting the rear view camera got the training from Ford, otherwise they may drill the hole on the bumper and with that you will see almost 50% of spare wheel in the screen, especially when you have the Stepney cover
  3. Headlamp protectors will give you fog on the cover during rainy season when you put the headlight on. So in the areas where there are frequent rains, I will not recommend headlamp covers
Attaching the pictures as well

Your choice of bug deflector / bonnet protector is quite interesting.
How well does it work? Your initial impression?
My personal opinion is that it kind of fiddles with the front design and doesn't go with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
During the constant follow up with the dealer, one day he showed me the letters from the big politicians mentioning that " Mr. so n so is out party member / Dear to us / in relation" etc. so I request you allot him the vehicle out of turn "

Since I also had some political contact, I used it. But ONLY when I felt that long wait ( 3 months) and follow up with dealer is not going to help me get the vehicle on my Birthday.
You resorted to such wrongful measure to get the vehicle allotted?
Thank God you couldn't get the vehicle!
A common innocent powerless man would've suffered if that act had persuaded the dealer !
I strongly condemn such acts and its admission on a national forum!
Sorry for those strong words bro, but it needs to be said!

Note from Support - Post Edited. Please be polite to other members even if you must get your point across. No need to get into personal attacks please. Kindly read the forum rules before posting any further.

Last edited by n_aditya : 28th October 2013 at 20:49.
johannskaria is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 16:21   #5121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi Jude, congrats on the boy from Mars. Great shade and looks smashing on the Ecosport. The seat covers look good. Are these the Ford ones or got them from outside? Are these fabric or art leather? Mud flaps look very OEM like. Great buy.

Cheers
Srinath
The seat covers were taken from Ford and the costed Rs.7300/- They are art leather seat covers. so far impressed with them. My only worry is that the red stitch is just a single stitch and if one breaks an entire length of stitch might come off. But it should be noted that the red stitch is only to enhance the looks. The corners are otherwise stitched well. If you are planning to buy it, please go to the dealer and see for yourself before buying.
Old 28th October 2013, 16:28   #5122
BHPian

Got an email from Elite Ford that my blue beauty is gonna arrive shortly and I have 7 days to make it mine, else she'll part with me forever.

When I looked at the email on Sat, I couldn't believe it in the first go and thought it must be a spam. But after reading thrice, it looked like I'm finally gonna get it.

I had in fact inquired about the Duster anniversary edition deals that are floating currently with 60k exchange bonus and also their website mentioned that the petrol RXL NOW includes ABS + Airbag, which was my essential criterion. But when I went to the dealership, they said its in RXLPlus with an additional 30k over RXL. Looks like the dealers themselves have made a new package as its not on the website. After alot of thinking, I couldn't convince myself to go for the 11.3 Lac price tag it carries, for the additional boot space and little better rear space. So decided to stick with Ecosport and wait till eternity.

Thankfully, the wait paid off ( and how quickly...:-)) and I got the email over the weekend. So have started the process of putting together docs for Financing etc and going through any posts that could be useful for final purchase/ delivery.

So far it looks I should go for the insurance from outside and save myself some moolah. HDFC Ergo quote came to 17k, compared to 34k quoted by the Elite Ford guys. The finance from SBI @ 10.55 (floating) seems to be looking good, though the dealer is pushing for ICICI @ 10.75 (fixed).

Any reco/tips/pointers, specially from the folks who have taken delivery from Elite would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Eagerly looking forward to drive it soooooooooooon.

Last edited by nitinr30 : 28th October 2013 at 16:55. Reason: spotted typo
Old 28th October 2013, 16:39   #5123
BANNED

hi guys could you please let me know if the bookings for eco sport have opened again and also which variants currently being offered have approx how much waiting period ?
Old 28th October 2013, 17:05   #5124
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the wishes.

TMP price is not yet announced, as I am taking through company lease, I wanted to bundle the amount also through leasing as it will give me tax benefit. For Diesel new Fiesta the TMP for 3 years is 39K. So ideally Ecosport's TMP should not exceed this. So roughly around 30K I put it in the quotation.

DO you guys have an idea of Octane level of petrol funda ..?

Couple of points to mention.
  1. Don't go for rear spoiler, firstly it doesn't add any practical difference, secondly, the way they drill the holes on the doors are very wide.
  2. Make sure that people who are fitting the rear view camera got the training from Ford, otherwise they may drill the hole on the bumper and with that you will see almost 50% of spare wheel in the screen, especially when you have the Stepney cover
  3. Headlamp protectors will give you fog on the cover during rainy season when you put the headlight on. So in the areas where there are frequent rains, I will not recommend headlamp covers

Attaching the pictures as well
I actually like the bug deflector. Reduces (my personal view) the "flared teeth" frontal look a bit. I am looking for ways to improve the frontal look of the Ecosport as well. Wifey too hates it. Attached was something I was doodling. Don't know how practical and achievable it will be. Anything to get rid of the dentist appointment kinda look, which frankly makes it look more i10ish than SUVish.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosportmod.jpg  

Last edited by HighwayBuddha : 28th October 2013 at 17:13. Reason: Added photo
HighwayBuddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 17:06   #5125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
is the bug deflector useful ? how much did it cost you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Your choice of bug deflector / bonnet protector is quite interesting.
How well does it work? Your initial impression?
My personal opinion is that it kind of fiddles with the front design and doesn't go with it!
With my Fiesta and Fusion one of the major issues which I was facing small, small scratches on the bonnet when I was going on highways during early morning or late evening caused by bugs. With this I feel this issue should be gone because the design of the bug deflector is like that it will make any incoming particles to the bonnet to skid away and in high speed it will go over the top as well. The pricing is exorbitant @ 6048. But I feel in long term it should be value for money. As an icing on cake, with blue, this looks very good with the contrast of the color.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 17:15   #5126
BHPian

Quote:

With my Fiesta and Fusion one of the major issues which I was facing small, small scratches on the bonnet when I was going on highways during early morning or late evening caused by bugs. With this I feel this issue should be gone because the design of the bug deflector is like that it will make any incoming particles to the bonnet to skid away and in high speed it will go over the top as well. The pricing is exorbitant @ 6048. But I feel in long term it should be value for money. As an icing on cake, with blue, this looks very good with the contrast of the color.
Technically yes it works. Bug/flyscreens are very effective on naked bikes.
I am however interested in knowing if its useful practically.
Old 28th October 2013, 17:21   #5127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Works with this:

Yes thats the one I have. I guess it works with the keyless entry key (sounds counterintuitive doesn't it).

Last edited by noopster : 28th October 2013 at 18:13. Reason: Fixed quite tag
Old 28th October 2013, 17:45   #5128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
hi guys could you please let me know if the bookings for eco sport have opened again and also which variants currently being offered have approx how much waiting period ?
The booking for petrol variants is still closed & dealers say that it will only open next year Jan time frame. I keep confirming this every week.
The diesels Amb & Trend are open but with the long waiting times. Not sure about Titanium & Titanium (O).

Last edited by anks_at : 28th October 2013 at 17:47.
Old 28th October 2013, 17:50   #5129
BANNED

That does not look too promising :(
Old 28th October 2013, 17:54   #5130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
That does not look too promising :(
Indeed! Have been waiting for the same since Aug (last week) when it just closed since I am only interested in the 1.5 AT
But I am in no hurry for a car. Infact day by day my enthusiasm for the Ecosport just lessens by constantly following this thread & seeing various issues. Lets see what finally happens in Jan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks