Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 21:35   #5041
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Strangely, the Ford accessory vinyl seat covers which i was shown at a dealer in bangalore was different (looked far inferior in terms of design to the one in your snap) and was costlier at 8500K.

Wonder why the difference in quality, design and price if both are official Ford Ecosport accessories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
I got these for my Mars Red Titanium. Will post pics of these installed in a while.
Took these from Ford itself. Rs. 8000 was the price but after lots of negotiation he gave it to me for 7000. (These set covers were for 7000 till August end. I wonder why the dealers have increased the price after Ford increased the price of the vehicle also!)

The fit is great and the feel is awesome. Although its vinyl leather, its quite comfortable and gives a fantastic look to my baby beast.
I feel that Ford has left it to the dealer to price the accessories. The same product costs different with different dealers. The costs vary a lot and are not within an acceptable margin. These guys are making a killing from the bookings and sales.

If Ford was really customer centric, they should have published the official accessory price list in their website. They have not. I wonder whether this can be challenged in the court of law. Shouldnt there be more transparancy on this? In short, this is just daylight robbery.

I am going to ask the deler to show the packaging of the accessories I have bought. I ll see whats the MRP mentioned there.

Last edited by Jude300 : 24th October 2013 at 21:37.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 22:23   #5042
BHPian

Took my EcoSport to Ranikhet and Nainital last weekend. On a kuchcha road with a steep slope had the car panting for power while driving up. The tyre lost the grip and I had some fumes coming out of the left front tyre due to friction.

However, did manage to bring it to the highway and came back a much more confident driver

Attaching couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1382136_10153437135760647_1016185105_n.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1395397_10153437132505647_497876963_n.jpg  

himanshuchadha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 22:25   #5043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Took my EcoSport to Ranikhet and Nainital last weekend. On a kuchcha road with a steep slope had the car panting for power while driving up. The tyre lost the grip and I had some fumes coming out of the left front tyre due to friction.

However, did manage to bring it to the highway and came back a much more confident driver

The second pic looks awesome!
Yours is a diesel? asking wrt to the "car panting" context.

Last edited by anks_at : 24th October 2013 at 22:37.
Old 25th October 2013, 01:22   #5044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Agreed. And since they may go together, before visiting the ASC, I'd check the oil level first and in case that's not an issue, visit the ASC for them to check low oil pressure issue. Oil level can be checked at home and takes less than a minute, so I think logically one would start there and as a second step head to ASC for oil pressure diagnosis which requires special tools and skills.

Sure, your call. But then this should happen in almost all cars or at least all Ecosports, no?

Please do not risk it. there could be problem wwith the oil pump or the oil stainer.

In my Figo the oil light came on. The oil levels were fine ( oil dipstick) . However, a minute later the engine seized as the oil supply to the engine was cut of ( the oil stainer is made of plastic and had broken due to the underbody getting hit by a stone while the oil sump itself had survived the impact). If you are lucky it may be a sensor misfunction. In view of the serious consequences, it is better not to start the engine. Get it inspected by the technicians by transporting the vehice or getting the technicians to pay a visit)
Old 25th October 2013, 08:50   #5045
BHPian

Quote:

Is that a titanium variant? I doubt the air bags will deploy with that bull bar at the front.

How steep was it when it felt short of breath? Did you rev to the turbo zone to extract more power?
Old 25th October 2013, 08:52   #5046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Model: Ecosport 1.5D Trend (Mars Red)
Ex Showroom -805862
Registration & ex. Warranty -108518
Less:
Extended warranty -(16432)
Sub Total 897948
Add:
Fog Lamps 6700
Seat Cover 7300
Reverse Parking Sensor 3800
Insurance 25265
Grand Total 941013
[/b]
That's great buddy. Congrats
Share us the details of additional accessories (After market once) which you are taking and from where you are taking.
Are you not planning to take Spare wheel cover from the dealer ? Spare wheel cover's does really look good and it completes the look of ES.
Old 25th October 2013, 09:39   #5047
BHPian

Is there a decrease (improvement) in the waiting periods for diesel ecosport?

Am assuming the ecoboost waiting periods will continue till ford starts manufacturing the engines in India.
Old 25th October 2013, 09:47   #5048
avm
BHPian

Can anyone suggest some cool / stylish rear wheel cover?
The one Ford offers looks very dull on the Mars Red.
Can we get a customized cover from somewhere ?
Old 25th October 2013, 11:25   #5049
BHPian

Quote:

I hate to be blunt, but you spoiled its looks with the bull bar. Looks like one of those weird modded Scorpios.
ecosport is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 11:37   #5050
Senior - BHPian

Yep that bull bar will do more harm than good in the unforseen event of a front on collision. You are effectively negating the crumple zones of the car and transmitting all the energy on to the vehicle's chassis which is bad - real bad.
reignofchaos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 12:00   #5051
BHPian

Snapped this at Blue Hyundai Showroom - Rajajinagar, Bangalore. A good marketing strategy to lure buyers
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-picture013.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-picture014.jpg  

CRV2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 12:02   #5052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Snapped this at Blue Hyundai Showroom - Rajajinagar, Bangalore. A good marketing strategy to lure buyers
Those pictures are the ones from the accident where 2 guys had toppled the Ecosport during a media thing, right?
Old 25th October 2013, 12:06   #5053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Those pictures are the ones from the accident where 2 guys had toppled the Ecosport during a media thing, right?
Yes, the same pictures was also posted here in the forum.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:10   #5054
BHPian

Guys, especially ecoboost owners, what is your opinion on system g (petrol additive)? I recently spoke to a friend of mine who is extremely satisfied with it in his FORD figo. But since we are dealing with a different engine altogether, I wanted to see the general consensus. Have anybody used it yet?
P.S- Mods, hope this is the right place for this discussion, else please move it to the system g specific thread. Thanks!
Old 25th October 2013, 12:27   #5055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Of all manufacturer's Hyundai should not be talking about vehicle stability ! The lengths people are willing to go to for making a sale and misinforming the innocent customer.

Quote:
Took my EcoSport to Ranikhet and Nainital last weekend....
As many have pointed out already, since your car is equipped with airbags, it would be wise to remove that bull bar. It will do more harm than good.
fiat_tarun is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks