Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 11:57   #5026
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Quick question to all the current ecosport owners.

While trying to stow away some documents in my ecosport, i notice that the storage compartment under the driver seat is missing.
Attached below is a reference image of the compartment (from the Ford Website) which i am talking about.
Attachment 1156980

Does this not come in the Titanium variants ? Or has ford silently dropped the compartment also (to create the so called product differentiation).

Yet to speak to the dealer on this. Current ecosport owners kindly confirm.
My Titanium has this. August manufactured.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 11:58   #5027

Quote:

While trying to stow away some documents in my ecosport, i notice that the storage compartment under the driver seat is missing.

Does this not come in the Titanium variants ?
I believe there is only one under seat storage and that is on passenger's side. Refer the snapshot of spec data taken from Ford website:

While it mentions "under passenger seat storage", I don't see any feature of "under driver seat storage"!
Old 24th October 2013, 12:08   #5028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Storage only under passenger seat. Not available in the driver side as this seats the push button start module. Mine is Aug manufactured Titanium.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 12:16   #5029
BHPian

Quote:

It has been so ever since the car was launched. It is available only in the passenger side. So dont need to panic

Last edited by navin : 24th October 2013 at 12:44.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 12:17   #5030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
My Titanium AT definitely does not have it. It's there on the passenger side. I took delivery exactly one week back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
According to GTO's initial review, the stowaway compartment is provided only on the passenger seat side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
My Titanium has this. August manufactured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Storage only under passenger seat. Not available in the driver side as this seats the push button start module. Mine is Aug manufactured Titanium.
Cheers. My bad. Somehow was misled into thinking it is under the driver's seat from the snaps.
Old 24th October 2013, 13:19   #5031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
After more than three months of waiting finally I made my payment for my little beast, the 1.5D Trend -Mars Red Ecosport. Will update more on the payments and accessories taken tomorrow. However I m not taking the dealers insurance, extended warranty and the essential pack.
The details of the payment made are given below. Will keep updating on the events as they unfold.

Model: Ecosport 1.5D Trend (Mars Red)
Ex Showroom -805862
Registration & ex. Warranty -108518
Less:
Extended warranty -(16432)
Sub Total 897948
Add:
Fog Lamps 6700
Seat Cover 7300
Reverse Parking Sensor 3800
Insurance 25265
Grand Total 941013

The insurance was not taken from the dealer. It is from Royal Sundaram bumper - bumper with NIL depreciation. I have not taken the essential pack as well. Also pondering on whether to go for the Engine guard which costs Rs.5800/- Folks, please help me with your inputs on whether the metal engine guard is a necessity or will the engine guard that comes with the car (the softer one - cardboard kind) suffice the purpose.

Last edited by Jude300 : 24th October 2013 at 13:23.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 13:49   #5032
BHPian

Quote:
Seat Cover 7300
Did you buy it from Ford? Can you please share a picture?
Old 24th October 2013, 14:18   #5033
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen - I need some advice. Especially if the advice is Delhi-specific...

I have the AT variant and that, as you already know, comes with Side Airbags. But, I'd really like some decent seat covers, without having to spend a fortune. Where can I get this, in Delhi, and what material/spec to choose?

P.S. Fortune = Anything over 20k INR.

Last edited by roy_libran : 24th October 2013 at 14:19.
Old 24th October 2013, 14:43   #5034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Did you buy it from Ford? Can you please share a picture?
since I m yet to take delivery of the car, I m just attaching the photo of the seat cover i took from the forum. This is the same seat cover that I have planned to take. This was earlier quoted at Rs.6500 now they have increased the prices in Chennai Ford
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-a2.jpg
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 14:55   #5035
BHPian

Quote:
since I m yet to take delivery of the car, I m just attaching the photo of the seat cover i took from the forum. This is the same seat cover that I have planned to take. This was earlier quoted at Rs.6500 now they have increased the prices in Chennai Ford
Attachment 1157068
Please share a picture after you get them installed. I am very keen to get those done.

These are from Ford showroom right?
Old 24th October 2013, 15:56   #5036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Gentlemen - I need some advice. Especially if the advice is Delhi-specific...

I have the AT variant and that, as you already know, comes with Side Airbags. But, I'd really like some decent seat covers, without having to spend a fortune. Where can I get this, in Delhi, and what material/spec to choose?

P.S. Fortune = Anything over 20k INR.
A fellow BHPian from delhi got covers ordered from Saddles. Check the Link below. Being in bangalore i paid a visit to his workshop few days back and spoke to Mr Suresh, who says they have a store in delhi as well.

http://www.saddlesinc.co.in/
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-273.html

Quote:
Attachment 1157068
Are these the Vinyl seat covers from Ford?
Old 24th October 2013, 16:07   #5037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Please share a picture after you get them installed. I am very keen to get those done.

These are from Ford showroom right?
Quote:

Are these the Vinyl seat covers from Ford?
Yes they are vinyl seat covers only (not leather) and bought from the Ford showroom. Saw a few ecosports in this and was impressed. However, would not call it of great quality, just average. But these fit in the seats really well and give the original leather seat like look from outside.

Will share more pics of the same after I take delivery.

Last edited by Jude300 : 24th October 2013 at 16:10.
Old 24th October 2013, 16:58   #5038
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they are vinyl seat covers only (not leather) and bought from the Ford showroom. Saw a few ecosports in this and was impressed. However, would not call it of great quality, just average. But these fit in the seats really well and give the original leather seat like look from outside.

Will share more pics of the same after I take delivery.
Strangely, the Ford accessory vinyl seat covers which i was shown at a dealer in bangalore was different (looked far inferior in terms of design to the one in your snap) and was costlier at 8500K.

Wonder why the difference in quality, design and price if both are official Ford Ecosport accessories.
Old 24th October 2013, 17:45   #5039
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1157068
I got these for my Mars Red Titanium. Will post pics of these installed in a while.
Took these from Ford itself. Rs. 8000 was the price but after lots of negotiation he gave it to me for 7000. (These set covers were for 7000 till August end. I wonder why the dealers have increased the price after Ford increased the price of the vehicle also!)

The fit is great and the feel is awesome. Although its vinyl leather, its quite comfortable and gives a fantastic look to my baby beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-photo.jpg  

Old 24th October 2013, 19:31   #5040
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, please help me with your inputs on whether the metal engine guard is a necessity or will the engine guard that comes with the car (the softer one - cardboard kind) suffice the purpose.
If you are just going to drive in the city & normal highway roads you can skip the engine guard. The ecosport already has a good ground clearance. But if you plan even a bit of adventure or semi-offroading I would recommend getting the engine cover (its ABS plastic. no metal cover)
All in all it depends on your intended use of the vehicle.
Personally, I would certainly get one since i do intend a Manali - Leh - Hanle trip with it

The softer cover (with diesel engine) is just a noise insulator - hardly a protecting cover.

Last edited by anks_at : 24th October 2013 at 19:33.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks