Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 19:38   #4366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Thanks shashank. The Ecosport suits my needs perfectly. I have been seriously deliberating between the Vento and Ecosport for some time now. I like the Vento terribly, however, my at my height(6'2"), i need the entry/exit and seating to be a bit on the higher side. I currently drive an Alto and you would guess how bad it is for me to fold my arms and legs when trying to sit.
I had a short drive on the Ecosport and the comfort and seating suited me. I didn't get to have an extensive test drive.
I had to follow up a lot to get a TD, after paying 50k long ago. I'm upgrading from a Polo so Vento was a brilliant option especially at similar prices, what sealed the deal in favour of the ecosport was the refined engine,excellent cabin insulation and the GC. Not to forget its a new launch and will remain "new" longer than the Vento.

Do take another TD and see for yourself. If it is the Ecosport you like suggest you wait a few months for the hoopla to die and then make a booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Anything above 90 is dangerous in India and I am sure you were driving just to test the performance..
Absolutely. Added a disclaimer. Thanks!
Old 26th September 2013, 19:58   #4367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
While I respect your choice and decision, I'm curious: why didn't you opt for just the OEM mudflaps, while skipping the rest of the essentials pack? They cost ~Rs. 1300 (which is a significant difference, I agree), but look nicer because they're contoured with an angular look that suits the car very nicely. In fact, instead of just ignoring it, for the first time I actually admired the design of mudflaps!

Yes, the OEM one indeed looks better and would have taken it at the time of purchase, if provided separately. But dealer denied selling it without taking the essentials package. I skipped the essential package as the floor mat was not to my liking and I bought a 3D Mat online.

Spending Rs 1300 at the time of purchase is ok for me, since we are already spending around 10+ Lakhs. But now after few weeks of buying the car, my head does not allow spending Rs 1300 on a product which I know is not worth that much. Hence settled for the one on ebay.

Now curious to know how the Rs 450 one looks on the car. Will post pictures as soon as I get it and fitted on the car.

Last edited by raj84 : 26th September 2013 at 20:00.
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 20:23   #4368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Yes, the OEM one indeed looks better and would have taken it at the time of purchase, if provided separately. But dealer denied selling it without taking the essentials package. I skipped the essential package as the floor mat was not to my liking and I bought a 3D Mat online.

Now curious to know how the Rs 450 one looks on the car. Will post pictures as soon as I get it and fitted on the car.
I think those pictures will be useful, especially for future buyers. I'm sure all buyers will want to fit mudflaps, but the fabric mats in the Essentials Package are useless (they look & feel good but are of any use for water/dirt), so it'll be nice for them to have an option.

Once fitted, could you also let us know if the flaps are fitted totally onto the existing cladding, or do they also go into the metal?

Could you also let me know what 3D mat you bought? Are they fitted for the EcoSport, or are they universal 3D mats. In particular, how are they beneath the ABC & dead pedals?

Quote:
Spending Rs 1300 at the time of purchase is ok since we are already spending around 10+ Lakhs. But now after few weeks of buying the car, my head does not allow spending Rs 1300 on a product which I know is not worth that much.
Ha ha, I agree - and that's exactly the psychology behind the SAs palming off all varieties of accessories at the time of sale. The funniest is where they sell MapMyIndia GPS kits after marking up the price with the dealer margin, when identical kits are available online at a lesser price.
Old 26th September 2013, 20:59   #4369
BHPian

Seriously contemplating cancelling my booking now post allotment.
At 11.5L the FE doesn't feel like VFM anymore.

Currently contemplating a 2011 pre-owned X1, a new Ambient Laura or a Corolla Altis all available at 14.5L.

Help me decide.
Old 26th September 2013, 21:16   #4370
BHPian

Quote:

Spending Rs 1300 at the time of purchase is ok for me, since we are already spending around 10+ Lakhs. But now after few weeks of buying the car, my head does not allow spending Rs 1300 on a product which I know is not worth that much. Hence settled for the one on ebay.

I really appreciate what you have done. Dont ever give up to the pressures of the dealer. infact, I have also decided to skip the Essential pack and have the noodle mats done by myself, the mud flaps from ebay and seat covers from Autofoam. I m not going in for the dealer provided insurance as well. thus the only thing I plan to buy from the dealer is the Fog Lamp.

These guys dont deserve a penny more for the dirty practices they follow. I love the car so much but am really scared as to how the experience will be owning it having these dealers to service my car.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 21:23   #4371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Seriously contemplating cancelling my booking now post allotment.
At 11.5L the FE doesn't feel like VFM anymore.

Currently contemplating a 2011 pre-owned X1, a new Ambient Laura or a Corolla Altis all available at 14.5L.

Help me decide.
A 2011 pre-owned X1 at 14.5? Seriously?It definitely sounds enticing. But what i don't like about the Big 3(read BMW,Mercedes and Audi) is all cost a lot to maintain. Its not the purchase price that bothers, instead it is the maintenance.
If the car you intend to buy is for daily usage then i would suggest a new Laura. Also you might want to consider Vento TDi. 10 days back i checked here in Bangalore, it was being sold at 11.3-11.4 on-road. There was a price hike of 50K, not sure if you can still avail at older price.
Old 26th September 2013, 21:28   #4372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1. Anti pinch feature is available for the driver side window.
2. Park light is not on when the headlights are on.
Naveen,

The park lights do stay on with T(O) even after switching on the head light , are you sure that it gies off in your car ?
Old 26th September 2013, 23:07   #4373

This feature can be customized (read manual) unknowingly u may be disabled it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Naveen,

The park lights do stay on with T(O) even after switching on the head light , are you sure that it gies off in your car ?
Old 27th September 2013, 09:22   #4374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Naveen,

I think i noticed it being off when the headlights are on. I shall confirm this tonight.
Old 27th September 2013, 09:31   #4375
BHPian

Question:

Until now, I think there has been no delivery of MANUAL 1.5 Petrol Ecosport for anyone on TBHP, nor even a test drive, right? Only 1.5 AT Ecosports have been delivered?
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 10:22   #4376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Question:

Until now, I think there has been no delivery of MANUAL 1.5 Petrol Ecosport for anyone on TBHP, nor even a test drive, right? Only 1.5 AT Ecosports have been delivered?
A friend of mine had his 1.5 Ambient delivered a month after the launch. He had booked after the official launch. This was from Chennai Ford in Chennai. He did not have to pull any strings and was quite surprised since he was told 5 months when he booked.

Sorry - clicked thanks trying to quote

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 27th September 2013 at 10:23.
Old 27th September 2013, 11:26   #4377
BHPian

Quote:
Could you also let me know what 3D mat you bought? Are they fitted for the EcoSport, or are they universal 3D mats. In particular, how are they beneath the ABC & dead pedals?
I bought Star Mats from carmatsindia.com for Rs 2400. It is specific to the Ecosport and is available in two variants(quality wise). I bought the variant "Eco" as it was the only one available in black. It fits nice but only need to cut off some portion underneath the accelerator pedal, as it got stuck once while driving They go perfectly over the dead pedal though.

Pictures below
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-3.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-4.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-5.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-6.jpg  

raj84 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 11:29   #4378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
That's one royal ride they are taking you through. No way a booking done in July has to wait till Feb '14. Stop talking to SAs and team leaders. Find someone higher up. Go there on a weekend and shout at them.
Due to some issues, I haven't been able to visit them regularly, so thought I should just keep taking updates over the phone. But now, it seems that going there speaking to someone senior is the only option.

But another thing is that at the time of booking, they had mentioned 6-7 months on my booking form, and whenever I call, they mention the fact that the waiting period will be as per what is written on the form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
I got the same news yesterday. I had booked a titanium diesel on the 5th of July, and the SA tells me that I'll have to wait for another three months! Can someone please tell me who I should contact now. I really intend to speak to someone higher up rather than just the dealership. I'm sick and tired of waiting
Exacly! 6-7 months for a car! A freaking hand-made Rolls-Royce takes less than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
Can you let me know which dealer? Booked at Metro Ford on 22nd June and my Titanium 1L Ecoboost is expected only in December 2013. The numerous mails and calls to Ford India as well as the dealer have been of not much use.
I guess since you're from Bangalore, the delivery status may vary. But FYI, I had booked mine at Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar, New Delhi on July 7.
Old 27th September 2013, 14:44   #4379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I bought Star Mats from carmatsindia.com for Rs 2400. It is specific to the Ecosport and is available in two variants(quality wise). I bought the variant "Eco" as it was the only one available in black. It fits nice but only need to cut off some portion underneath the accelerator pedal, as it got stuck once while driving They go perfectly over the dead pedal though.
Thank you for that site, I wasn't aware of that. The pricing of the mats are good, although its worrying you had to correct the driver's mat.

Its also very nice to see that the driver's mat is reinforced - else our heels dig through the mats in no time! How does that metal reinforcement feel - is it slippery or does it have reasonable grip?
Old 27th September 2013, 15:50   #4380
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for that site, I wasn't aware of that. The pricing of the mats are good, although its worrying you had to correct the driver's mat.

Its also very nice to see that the driver's mat is reinforced - else our heels dig through the mats in no time! How does that metal reinforcement feel - is it slippery or does it have reasonable grip?
Glad you asked those questions. I am contemplating buying one set.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks