Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2013, 00:08   #5341
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Noticed than Renault has been able to ramp up its Duster sales - from 2900 in Aug and 3900 in Sep to 4667 in Oct...It has almost caught up with Ecosport now - which sold 5113 in Oct. Perhaps the various campaigns they have been running, frustrated customers cancelling Ecosport bookings due to indefinite waiting periods and the festive season spikes have worked in Renault's favor. Terrano has also sold 3000 units - this is a bit surprising since it appeared over priced. The amazing part is that Duster sales have increased simultaneously with Terrano release - which means they are not cutting into each other's sales. What this also means is, since Terrano is priced higher than Duster, and the latter's pricing has not been reduced despite stiff competition with Ecosport, there is still margin for Ford to increase Ecosport prices! It's such an unpredictable market...
Old 5th November 2013, 00:40   #5342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Does 3M offer the cavity protection treatment? I've already done the underbody coating and paint protection treatment.. but didnt know anything about this cavity protection. I think its a good idea to get this done for the long term benefits it offers.
I'm due for a visit, but it is over a year since I last went to 3M, and I don't know their current offerings. There are threads on their car-care outlets.
Old 5th November 2013, 09:55   #5343

With just 5113 dispatches in Oct I fail to see where Ford India is heading ?? Seems to me the export commitments are casting a shadow on domestic dispatches. Nov will be lesser due to diwali holidays and december worse off due to annual plant shut down!!!!

Guess will look out for the new City diesel variant !!!
vinod1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 12:18   #5344
Senior - BHPian

A quick query to those waiting for Ecosport: My dealer has provided only a receipt for Rs. 50k.

Is there any booking id or a central serial number provided to the customer?
Old 5th November 2013, 12:33   #5345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
A quick query to those waiting for Ecosport: My dealer has provided only a receipt for Rs. 50k.

Even I was handed-over just a payment receipt for 50K when I booked it 2 weeks back. I'm curious to know if there is something like central serial number. I don't even have the booking number
Old 5th November 2013, 12:48   #5346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I just got the receipt for the booking amount. Rest everything was verbal even the dealer booking number which I received after couple of weeks after booking.
Old 5th November 2013, 13:08   #5347
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Well written report, few things

1.Thud is due to suspension bottoming out, can be avoided by installing rubber doughnuts/buffers at the bottom of spring (so that it will come into action only during bottoming out)
2.both sparco and hella wiper upgrades are very good, you can pick your style
3.can you post some pictures of your car with the carrier on ?,

4. Do you fit the carrier whenever needed or it is always there?
5.FE .11.5 at what rpm in an AT, can you elaborate FE at various rpms
1) Read about the Buffers, need to figure the time to get that done. Will see if my local Mechanic (whom I go to normally) can get me that stuff on his own. Else will use the contacts given on this/your thread.
2) Now that Monsoon is completely over may delay the wiper blades for a couple of months, till I get the right size one. I want to go in for a larger size by shifting the RHS (driver side) wiper upward and the LHS wiper downward. (So that they do not foul with each other) had done the same with the Aria and the Safari wipers earlier.

4) Carrier is always on. Feel it adds to the overall look and make it look a bit more of a SUV.
5) The FE at various rpms is hard to figure as it would also be a function of the gear and speed at that point of time. But yes as mentioned I did drive aggressively so at speeds between 100-120 one is looking at RPM of 3000+ and to overtake even going on to 4000+ RPM for short periods.
80 at about 2000 RPM would give an incredible FE for a Petrol AT though - but that is just not me over a sustained trip.

2) Pls find some snaps of the roof rack that I had on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130826_171002.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130826_171008.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130902_073835.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130902_073853.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130914_094140.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130927_170058.jpg  

Last edited by ACM : 5th November 2013 at 13:09.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 19:30   #5348
BHPian

Got a call from Ford Chennai asking if I have been allotted a vehicle for me. This was a bit surprising because a fortnight back I chose a Silver Ecoboost Titanium offered by the dealer against my first choice of Mars Red and all payment formalities have been made. After giving them all the explanation, gave them my VIN and asked them for the status of vehicle transit. They said its left the factory. Huge sigh of relief!!
Today happened to visit the Elite Ford stockyard just to see the accessories in real and there were a few Ecosports waiting for PDI. Most of them diesel and there were 2 Silver ones. Thought of checking them out and Voila the VIN matched. He has arrived!!! There was some dirt on him due to recent rains. This was the only Ecoboost to be delivered from the lot present there. And yes, he is shod with Goodyear shoes.
The main objective of the visit was a not a good experience due to some disorganized stocking by Elite Ford. Wanted the spare wheel cover (not in stock), Individual pack (available) and fabric seat covers (no stock, only art leather available but uninspiring designs, need to look outside, suggestions welcome from fellow Bangalore Ecosport owners). Nonetheless, an eventful day. Now waiting for the dealer to give me an official call so can plan the PDI (TBHP way!). A few pics from the yard. PDI update will be posted once done.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20131105_134840.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20131105_135046.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20131105_135058.jpg  

Last edited by srinath34 : 5th November 2013 at 19:33.
srinath34 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 20:00   #5349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Even I was handed-over just a payment receipt for 50K when I booked it 2 weeks back. I'm curious to know if there is something like central serial number. I don't even have the booking number
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I just got the receipt for the booking amount. Rest everything was verbal even the dealer booking number which I received after couple of weeks after booking.
Thats surprising
When I booked my ecosport Mody Ford, hyderabad gave me a serial number 1 as mine was the first booking.They also promptly delivered the car on 26th June 2013 at 2pm.

I think you guys should stand up and compell your respective dealers to give you a number and a method to track it, otherwise it is a never ending waiting queue.

Without allotment number it will give the dealer a full chance to play around with your booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Got a call from Ford Chennai asking if I have been allotted a vehicle for me. This was a bit surprising because a fortnight back I chose a Silver Ecoboost Titanium offered by the dealer against my first choice of Mars Red and all payment formalities have been made. After giving them all the explanation, gave them my VIN and asked them for the status of vehicle transit. They said its left the factory. Huge sigh of relief!!
Today happened to visit the Elite Ford stockyard just to see the accessories in real and there were a few Ecosports waiting for PDI. Most of them diesel and there were 2 Silver ones. Nonetheless, an eventful day. Now waiting for the dealer to give me an official call so can plan the PDI (TBHP way!). A few pics from the yard. PDI update will be posted once done.

Cheers
Congrats mate,
Good to hear about another bhpian getting my favorite silver colour.
With the dual tone silver looks the best on ecosport
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 20:06   #5350
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats mate,
Good to hear about another bhpian getting my favorite silver colour.
With the dual tone silver looks the best on ecosport
Thanks buddy!! Will be sending you a few PMs on the visual mods side in the days to come. Kindly be warned in advance
Old 5th November 2013, 20:18   #5351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Thanks buddy!! Will be sending you a few PMs on the visual mods side in the days to come. Kindly be warned in advance
Sure srinath34,
Any time
Just be very sure they are following the instruction manual during installation of any accessories ie if you are fixing any before delivery
Old 5th November 2013, 20:29   #5352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestallion View Post
What this also means is, since Terrano is priced higher than Duster, and the latter's pricing has not been reduced despite stiff competition with Ecosport, there is still margin for Ford to increase Ecosport prices! It's such an unpredictable market...
One more competitor soon, & it will all change.
Although Ford may/may not think of increasing prices, they should remember that in India many people do equate size with price so it would be wise for them not to try to match Duster (larger space wise) on price. I am not saying which vehicle is better (for me Ecosport is), but all said & done people will say "its small for the price" if it reaches higher prices. Anyways, price is one of the prime reasons for the Ecosport's popularity & once the initial interest subsides (when we hit 2014), Ford should look forward to their long term strategy of wooing customers & price increases can only harm them (since they already have a LOT of -ve publicity going around them for many reasons in the past few months). Superior product specs too can only sell a new car for a limited time, if the rest does not remain attractive.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Quote:
Thats surprising
When I booked my ecosport Mody Ford, hyderabad gave me a serial number 1 as mine was the first booking.They also promptly delivered the car on 26th June 2013 at 2pm.

Without allotment number it will give the dealer a full chance to play around with your booking
There is no pan-India central system visible to the end customer from Ford which does lead to cheating on the part of dealers. However the dealer should have atleast given you an internal (dealer specific) allotment number from their side to show you your position on the waiting list on their end as ecosport_rules has mentioned above.
Old 5th November 2013, 21:14   #5353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Has someone come across something like this in india??

Saw this on Galaxy Pro Audio's fb page.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-644465_654726831224479_532141032_n.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1380398_654726424557853_1567064521_n.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1382121_654725964557899_1679998869_n.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc_0093.jpg  

noblecr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 21:28   #5354
Senior - BHPian

Anybody facing issues with Glove box AC vent? I noticed that it doesnt blow any cool air. Had been for 2500 KM service, the SA was unable to figure out what the problem was.
Old 5th November 2013, 22:40   #5355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Anybody facing issues with Glove box AC vent? I noticed that it doesnt blow any cool air. Had been for 2500 KM service, the SA was unable to figure out what the problem was.

Dear PrideRed,
The best way to check if your glove box ac vent is working:(available only in titanium and tit opt)

Open the glove box, turn on the airconditioner blower to max speed.
There is an open pipe behind the glove box which comes in contact with the glove box back wall once the glove box is closed.check the air flow from that pipe.If the flow is ok then your vent is working perfectly well

It work effectively when the air is diverted to the in dash vents only.

The vent has an open close function, can be done by turning the knob clock wise and anticlock wise.I hope you have kept it open

Hope this helps

Last edited by ecosport rules : 5th November 2013 at 22:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks