Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 19:06   #5371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Got my Blue Diesel Titanium Option pack delivered last week.
Congrats mallik. Your ride looks super cool.. mine is black diesel t (o). What are the accessories you're planning for your baby??
Old 6th November 2013, 23:35   #5372
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Got my Blue Diesel titanium option pack Finally got it
Congrats mate,
Good to hear that more and more people are getting titanium option pack.
Its a great package over the titanium model,with 6 airbags with push start and keyless entry.
I particularly love the dashboard and door pad colour combination of the option pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
The hand rest is uncomfortable. It's a little too high and too close to the seat. The elbow and arm do not rest properly. It should be about an inch more o the passenger side..
Did you try to set the position of the seat recline and height such that your left hand comfortably grips the gear knob and your arm, elbow get a proper rest?.I personally find this position extremely comfortable.

The key is to adjust the seat height, recline, slide rest your arm comfortably and sync it with the steering wheels adjustment.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 6th November 2013 at 23:39.
Old 7th November 2013, 10:12   #5373
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen - Any recommendations for a decent car cover for the Ecosport? Something that will NOT scratch the paint...?

By the Way, My better half had forced me to install bull bars (front and rear) on the Ecosport at the time of delivery. This was after the showroom gentlemen had brain-washed her into believing that Bull Bars were a MUST HAVE Item! All my efforts to convince her otherwise had failed miserably, so I had to silently cough up the 20 K odd for the same.
Anyway, over the past few outings I have had some small reason to celebrate those Bull Bars!
You see lately, I have been driving through extremely narrow and crowded lanes of East Delhi and as is inevitable, I have been bumped and have bumped Rickshaws, Scooters, Motorcycles and Cycles lightly, on and with the bull bars. Some of these bumps would have, doubtless, caused scratches and dent, if not for the bull bars. So I think these contraptions made me happy in their small way.

F.E. Update @ 800 kms - Overall FE on MID now shows 10.6 kmpl. That's a big dip! This is what happens when you drive through crowded and narrow roads, at snail slow speeds, for a few days.
As long as it stays over 10, I'm happy.
Old 7th November 2013, 10:49   #5374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
By the Way, My better half had forced me to install bull bars (front and rear) on the Ecosport at the time of delivery. This was after the showroom gentlemen had brain-washed her into believing that Bull Bars were a MUST HAVE Item! All my efforts to convince her otherwise had failed miserably, so I had to silently cough up the 20 K odd for the same.

Anyway, over the past few outings I have had some small reason to celebrate those Bull Bars!
You see lately, I have been driving through extremely narrow and crowded lanes of East Delhi and as is inevitable, I have been bumped and have bumped Rickshaws, Scooters, Motorcycles and Cycles lightly, on and with the bull bars. Some of these bumps would have, doubtless, caused scratches and dent, if not for the bull bars. So I think these contraptions made me happy in their small way.
The bullbars maybe giving you some small reasons to celebrate, but in reality you’re compromising on pedestrian safety and also your own safety by making the passive safety features of your fully loaded Ecosport P Titanium AT a bit redundant.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 11:00   #5375
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The bullbars maybe giving you some small reasons to celebrate, but in reality you’re compromising on pedestrian safety and also your own safety by making the passive safety features of your fully loaded Ecosport P Titanium AT a bit redundant.
Quote:
Gentlemen - Any recommendations for a decent car cover for the Ecosport? Something that will NOT scratch the paint...?

By the Way, My better half had forced me to install bull bars (front and rear) on the Ecosport at the time of delivery. This was after the showroom gentlemen had brain-washed her into believing that Bull Bars were a MUST HAVE Item! Anyway, over the past few outings I have had some small reason to celebrate those Bull Bars!
To add further to vb San

For Example the side step is officially not recommended in the variants with Side Airbags in the EcoSport as it can cause the side airbag to not deploy in an emergency due to the sensors being obstructed. Similar failure can be perceived for the front Bull Bars.

The Bull Bars also impact pedestrian safety and an accident an lead to a more serious injury to the person hit by the bull bar and hence bigger problem for the driver.

Also Bull Bars impact the way the collapsible crumple zones behave in an accident and the crashworthiness of the vehicle is actually reduced.

Suggest you show these posts (and many others on TBHP on this topic) to the better half and get the Bull Bars removed. A best nothing more than a fiber/ABS Plastic guard would be kind off OK.

The Dealer can be made to take back the accessory and refund you the amount if you go through Ford as this is not something that should be officially sold by the Dealer as per ford itself.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 11:04   #5376
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed 100%.

We all wish we could avoid the dents and scratches. The bull-bars will surely save car from dents and scratches.

But if you ever hit a pedestrian even at medium speeds, the bull-bars will surely kill him (he won't feel a lot of pain though). Without bull-bars, he will survive with minor bruises (a bone or two might break, not when he hits the car, but when he hits the tarmac after the impact. Of course, the bonnet will be dented, and insurance + money can take care of it.

Also, if you have an accident, one of two things will happen:
  1. The air-bags you paid 50-60k premium for, might not get deployed when really needed, because the impact sensors don't register the impact because of the bull-bar. The force of impact will not get absorbed by the crumple zone, and the more valuable contents inside the car (you and your family) will get crumpled.
  2. The air-bags can get deployed for minor bumps to the bull-bar, because the impact sensors can get fooled into thinking there was a major collision. So, the air bag will deploy and could cause unwanted injuries to you and the passenger, and land you a massive repair bill to re-install the airbags.

Bull-bars protect the car, and they put the passengers and pedestrians at risk. Maybe you can show this post to your better-half.

All the best!

Last edited by saisrujan : 7th November 2013 at 11:10.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 11:07   #5377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The Bull Bars also impact pedestrian safety and an accident an lead to a more serious injury to the person hit by the bull bar and hence bigger problem for the driver.
Also Bull Bars impact the way the collapsible crumple zones behave in an accident and the crashworthiness of the vehicle is actually reduced.
The Dealer can be made to take back the accessory and refund you the amount if you go through Ford as this is not something that should be officially sold by the Dealer as per ford itself.
This is something I didn't know of. Let me sound the Dealer out on this first. Then I'll try and make the case at home (Again!). There is no way this is gonna fly with her, if I just propose to sell off something that was purchased for 20K at scrap value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Bull-bars protect the car, and they put the passengers and pedestrians at risk. Maybe you can show this post to your better-half.
Lest my post is inadvertently construed as an advocacy of the use of bull bars, I'd like to clarify that I personally think Bull bars should NOT BE USED in this class of vehicles at all, especially in one with the kind of safety features as in the Ecosport AT.

I agree with all of you above and tried to stop installation of these, but failed. After all you all probably know what marriage REALLY IS!

All I wanted to convey was that they came useful in a small way, in a very specific situation. That's all!
I'm also well aware that it is rendering many of the safety systems non-functional by it's very presence, and do intend (hope) to, at some point, be able to convince my wife to get rid of them. Until then...!

I can't refer TBHP to my wife for anything! She thinks this forum is her "Souten".
P.S. Any pointers for a good Cover?

Last edited by roy_libran : 7th November 2013 at 11:16. Reason: Multi-quoting
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 11:23   #5378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Congrats mallik. Your ride looks super cool.. mine is black diesel t (o). What are the accessories you're planning for your baby??
Thanks!. I am planning to buy front and back appliques for sure. Need to check and decide on other accessories in the meantime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congrats mate,
Good to hear that more and more people are getting titanium option pack.
Its a great package over the titanium model,with 6 airbags with push start and keyless entry.
I particularly love the dashboard and door pad colour combination of the option pack.
Thanks!. Agree. The car looks great inside out. Interior looks good with leather seat covers and blue illumination in the dials and central console
Old 7th November 2013, 11:45   #5379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
This is something I didn't know of. Let me sound the Dealer out on this first. Then I'll try and make the case at home (Again!). There is no way this is gonna fly with her, if I just propose to sell off something that was purchased for 20K at scrap value.

Lest my post is inadvertently construed as an advocacy of the use of bull bars, I'd like to clarify that I personally think Bull bars should NOT BE USED in this class of vehicles at all, especially in one with the kind of safety features as in the Ecosport AT.

I agree with all of you above and tried to stop installation of these, but failed. After all you all probably know what marriage REALLY IS!

All I wanted to convey was that they came useful in a small way, in a very specific situation. That's all!
I'm also well aware that it is rendering many of the safety systems non-functional by it's very presence, and do intend (hope) to, at some point, be able to convince my wife to get rid of them. Until then...!

I can't refer TBHP to my wife for anything! She thinks this forum is her "Souten".
P.S. Any pointers for a good Cover?
to all the pointers by our fellow bhpians(saisrujan, ACM, Vb-san)against the bull bars.
With all that dont you think it also makes the car look really ugly?

Bull bars are more popular with goons and politicians.(no offence to anyone)
Please show all these posts to your better half and convince her to remove them.

Installing bull bars is illegal too.
Who is that Ford dealer of yours?
He is selling unapproved accessories and should be taken to task with Ford, India.

Coming back to your car cover, I have been using the original Fords cover which works very well .
It surely doesnt scratch your car.

On a lighter note.
Regarding "souten" synonym" team-bhp" is the same in most of the bhpian homes I know

Last edited by ecosport rules : 7th November 2013 at 11:56.
Old 7th November 2013, 11:55   #5380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...By the Way, My better half had forced me to install bull bars (front and rear) on the Ecosport at the time of delivery. This was after the showroom gentlemen had brain-washed her into believing that Bull Bars were a MUST HAVE Item! All my efforts to convince her otherwise had failed miserably, so I had to silently cough up the 20 K odd for the same.
If it's a MUST HAVE, why doesn't the company attach it to even the top end variant? Or why is that every Ecosport on the road doesn't sport one? Grill that moron in front of your wife till he loses his credibility.

One thing you could have done is defer the purchase till you get her to read the pros & cons of bull bars. You could have asked her to wait for couple of days.

Quote:
...Then I'll try and make the case at home (Again!). There is no way this is gonna fly with her, if I just propose to sell off something that was purchased for 20K at scrap value...
Please ask her to make a choice between 20K or life of a pedestrian / occupants of the car. Or at least get her to read the responses to your comments please.

I don't know how marriage works since I am NOT married, but there are certain situations where one needs to put their foot down and deny certain things (for the betterment of all) or make up for it - may be a candle light dinner or a drive to her favorite destination or some jewellery / dress. That's what I would do.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th November 2013 at 12:00.
Old 7th November 2013, 12:09   #5381
BHPian

Quote:
Let me air a slightly different point of view than what others aired here. Since you feel that the bull bars are protecting your bumpers saving you from spending on repairs, consider this: A complete replacement of the bumper will not cost you anything more than 10K. Do you need a 20K worth bull bar to protect a 10K worth bumper?

Last edited by blacksport : 7th November 2013 at 12:20.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 12:15   #5382
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong.

If you put a bull bar, you have to inform the Insurance Company and they may load additional premium. Otherwise they may recover from you the third party claims, on account of illegal modification which has lead to the injury of the third party. The Insurer will pay the claims but he may have recourse the recover the same from you.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 12:24   #5383
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Gentlemen, thanks for your repetitive points. The rationale is one, that I fully understand and subscribe to, but am currently powerless to implement it. For those of you, who still believe that Candle light dinners, dresses or Jewelry items make them change their minds, Wake UP!

The only way out, I presently have, is to try and get the dealer to take it back or find a buyer who pays a good price for this. I'm going to try both options. Only then I have a reasonable chance of success at home. You see, it's primarily her car!
Old 7th November 2013, 14:14   #5384
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
Just fixed the ecosport spare wheel cover logo.
Looks perfect for the car, quality is also pretty good.

Excuse me for the bad pictures taken by my blackberry,will post better ones later
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131107wa0001.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131107wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 7th November 2013 at 14:32.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 14:54   #5385
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody confirm whether Gearlock (Pin Type) for Ecosport is available yet? The plate isn't yet available in Delhi market, what's the scene elsewhere?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks