Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2013, 19:53   #4621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
That's just sad! OTOH you sure this wasn't there on the delivery day? Considering the place and size could have
This is the photo which i uploaded on this thread the day i got delivery, zoomed into the image and i cant see the mark there.

Am sure i would have caught this as i clean the car every day. Its easily visible on this bright mars red.

During first service, would request them before hand to get this touched up so they can prepare the paint.
Name:  ForumRunner_20131007_194929.png
Views: 2864
Size:  551.0 KB

Otherwise, the car is doing well. Find the engine a little low on power in the hills but handling wise, this car is excellent. Inspires so much confidence the way its taking turns.
Old 7th October 2013, 20:10   #4622
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Last promise I got was to get the car by Sep end. And it didn't happen, now I will wait only till Oct 15th, If I don't get any written confirmation from Ford, I will cancel my booking on Oct 16th. For people who are late to the thread, my booking number is 1 from Vibrant Ford Hyderabad, and I was getting lot of false promises in each and every month.
booking number 1.I think you should take them to task.I was wondering what possible explanation can they give you for delay after having booked the first car.

I had a brief encounter with Vibrant ford and personally felt that Mody ford is a much better dealership in terms of transparency than vibrant ford.My booking was number one and they gave me the first delivery on 26th June itself at 2 pm.

I feel you should take this matter very seriously and take it to the highest authority in Ford.As a team we are all here to support you.
Old 7th October 2013, 20:17   #4623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Hi Niks_devil666, I have managed to get 10.5 km/l on my Ford Ecosport 1.5P AT in daily Chennai city commute (about 15-20 kms per day) but was able to achieve 14.8 km/l on a highway drive (about 200 kms). On the highway drive I used the Sports Mode with the Tiptronic kept the gear in 6th and kept the speed to a steady 80-90 kmph. Had 4 people in the car and the A/c set to 22 degrees. The Ecosport AT drives like a dream on the highway absolutely no NVH and really so smooth & refined
I get less than you (<10) in the city, but more than you (~17) on the highway. One hypermiling attempt got me ~21 The numbers are getting better by the day.

Do you drive with a light foot? What rpm range do you go about in the city?
Old 7th October 2013, 20:26   #4624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
booking number 1.I think you should take them to task.I was wondering what possible explanation can they give you for delay after having booked the first car.

I had a brief encounter with Vibrant ford and personally felt that Mody ford is a much better dealership in terms of transparency than vibrant ford.My booking was number one and they gave me the first delivery on 26th June itself at 2 pm.

I feel you should take this matter very seriously and take it to the highest authority in Ford.As a team we are all here to support you.
The explanation they were giving by saying the lack of availability of color. (I preferred blue). For the first 3 months I could buy that argument, because Ford was allotting the color, but for September and October, I could not able to digest. I already escalated the issue to all the way up. BUt the sad part is that I haven't got the response back.
Old 7th October 2013, 21:08   #4625
BANNED

With a great amount of joy, I can finally say, its Coming!!!
Taking the delivery of the Tit(O) EcoBoost in a couple of days. Had booked within a week of launch, it has been a long wait. And to top it off, I won't even be there at the time of the delivery.
Any points to check to tell my Dad?
Old 7th October 2013, 21:12   #4626
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Taking the delivery of the Tit(O) EcoBoost in a couple of days. Had booked within a week of launch, it has been a long wait. And to top it off, I won't even be there at the time of the delivery.
Congrats. I hope you would be in a hostel on the way to becoming a doc ?
Take the bhp PDI check list. If there are others, only current owners can tell you.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 21:15   #4627
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Buddy. Wish you a million miles of happy driving.
I am also likely to get my copy in the end of the month or my be early next month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ask your Dad to go through the T-BHP check list , it will help.

Congrats once again.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 21:59   #4628
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Congrats. I hope you would be in a hostel on the way to becoming a doc ?
Take the bhp PDI check list. If there are others, only current owners can tell you.
Well you couldn't be more correct w.r.t. the Hostel. I am at MAMC,New Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post

Congratulations Buddy. Wish you a million miles of happy driving.
I am also likely to get my copy in the end of the month or my be early next month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ask your Dad to go through the T-BHP check list , it will help.

Congrats once again.
Thanks...of course have asked dad to take the PDI checklist with him.(I am a Bhpian just like you all).
Any specific checks from the current owners would be really appreciated.
Old 7th October 2013, 22:01   #4629
djs
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Congrats.
How many days did it take from being allocated to taking delivery ?
Thanks. It took 12 days from the day they notified me of Vin.
23rd Sept : Vin allocated
27th Sept : Vehicle Arrived
28th Sept : PDI, Paper Work Etc
5th Sept : Registration
6th Sept : Delivery

There were 2 holidays last week and I did not want to take delivery on Saturday so it should be 7-8 working days.
djs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 22:13   #4630

Visited a Ford dealer over the weekend and these were the points I could gather from the conversation. The initial booking expected was 15000 max and Ford was overwhelmed by the response.
All dealers were called in for a training at Chennai last week to deal with irate customers, factory tour and feature download. The Ecoboost will be discouraged and waiting time will be longer as engine is imported and value of rupee is escalating the costs.

Limited bookings of Titanium have now started. There will be no enhancement of production lines or units averaging 5000 per month as suppliers are unable to cope up with requirements. In most cases allocation is tagged to Figo Sales. Very few cancellations despite feature deletion and price increase.
vinod1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 22:14   #4631
djs
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Congratulations on your ES. Which variant, etc.? That looks like a Titanium (O).

And man, ditch that shirt and get one in a proper Mars Red shade
Hey Arun, Thanks. Its Titanium diesel, lucky to get Keyless entry. BTW, about the shirt, even Ford suppliers are in fix over proper mars red shade, I hope I'll find one, its on my shopping list . I was in HSR today, got the stock MRF's changed to Yoko ES501 from Tyre Empire.
djs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 22:48   #4632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I dont know if this issue is there only with my car or other cars have it too. The horn pad has a lot more gap on the left side compared to right side ( gap between horn pad and steering). Also, horn is a lot easier to press from the right side and is super stiff from left side.

Some sad frustrated soul left his mark on my car, really pissed off from morning, seems as if he used a key to take the paint off :(, would request the service guys to touch up if possible.

Attachment 1149080
Feel really sorry for you. If it is any consolation, i had someone take a large stone and make circular scratches(large spirals really) on my wife's car's bonnet and doors in Hyderabad. Why, because she had wrongly parked it in front of their gate(which was a defunct locked up one to begin with - they wanted to open it that particular day). They will all roast in hell !!

Is yours a key mark? Or did someone try to wrench your boot open with something bigger?
HighwayBuddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 01:15   #4633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I dont know if this issue is there only with my car or other cars have it too. The horn pad has a lot more gap on the left side compared to right side ( gap between horn pad and steering). Also, horn is a lot easier to press from the right side and is super stiff from left side.
There's definitely a noticeable gap between the horn pad and steering/ air bag module, though i couldn't notice any difference between left and right. But i felt that the gap has made honking effortless.
Moto-Mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 01:44   #4634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ask him to specifically check for scratches, minor dents, also to take the delivery before dark.

Anyways nothing much can happen to the car as they are like freshly baked cakes.

My friend recently got his tit o delivery and guess what it was manufactured 15 days prior to delivery
Old 8th October 2013, 03:03   #4635
BHPian

Taking delivery of silver titanium (o) diesel on this Thursday the 10th. What accessories are a must have from the dealers.

As of now just planning to take the mud flaps. Going in for Black 3d kagu mats. Do I really need the skid plates.

Will be changing the Tyres right away but not sure which ones to go with. two options are

Michelin primacy
Yokohama Db.

Should I upsize the Tyres to 215 55 r16. Saifee Tyres in Santacruz suggested upsizing or do you guys suggest sticking with the manufacturer size.

Is there a need to get the underside engine cover. Does it help in reducing road noise.

Thanks for your help in deciding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks