Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 12:12   #4651
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Does anybody know from where a new flipkey can be ordered ? Ford provides only one.
Additional keys can be ordered from the dealer. There are guys also who clone the keys but it is recommended to get the keys from the dealer only especially for vehicles with Engine Immobiliser embeded with the other engine electronics.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 12:14   #4652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody know from where a new flipkey can be ordered ? Ford provides only one.
Have you tried asking your dealer? They should have a provision of ordering replacement keys for those who lose/damage it, for a fee.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 12:18   #4653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey harpreetsubhi,

You can order new set of flip keys from ford dealer itself so that you can have all funtionalities.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 13:11   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, I do not have any experience with Ford, but once I lost one key of my Honda Activa, went to the dealer, showed the tagged key and asked him if he can order a replacement key. To my surprise, he said there is no procedure to do this.

Went to the local keymaker and got 2 keys made.

I know this is completely useless as the car keys are with immobilizer and ought to be provided by the dealer. Perhaps you should ask the dealer.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 13:37   #4655
BHPian

Hello to All
Here are the pictures of my Ecosport for which I took the delivery on Sunday.
More reviews soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20131001_141153.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20131001_123818.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20131001_123759.jpg  

harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 13:57   #4656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Hi !

Just came back from a visit to Riddhi Ford. Booked my tit(o) tdci ecosport on 26th June. Was told last week that I can expect delivery latest 15th October. Now I am told that October wont be possible and they will try for November END "try" being the operative word.

The SA confessed that many people were getting deliveries without any waiting as they were "influential" and from his conversation it seemed that they were not following any list whatsoever. SA also says he has only delivered 30-40 cars in the last almost 4 months which is impossible to believe.

Seriously considering cancelling my booking and going for the Terrano.. your thoughts on this ?
Hi Gautam, Did you talk to Ahuja at Riddhi ford. He is the senior sales manager at Riddhi. I blasted him once on phone and finally I got my trend.
Even on the day I was taking my delivery, there were more than 3 Titanium versions ready for deliveries. Please talk to him and something should be clear.

Earlier, as I mentioned in this thread that I met people who payed 55K to 70K as the premium amount to get on-the-spot and out-of-turn deliveries.

I really feel Ford has completely lost it. They have no control on dealers whatsoever.

Talk to Ahuja and let me know. In case you need Ahuja's number, please PM me and I will reply back with it.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 14:01   #4657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Additional keys can be ordered from the dealer. There are guys also who clone the keys but it is recommended to get the keys from the dealer only especially for vehicles with Engine Immobiliser embeded with the other engine electronics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Have you tried asking your dealer? They should have a provision of ordering replacement keys for those who lose/damage it, for a fee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey harpreetsubhi,

You can order new set of flip keys from ford dealer itself so that you can have all funtionalities.
Thanks techfreak arunphilip ecosport rules !
Well I called up Ford service center a few minutes back to know about the cost involved in buying a new Flip Key and I was shocked to hear the prices. They told me INR 8500 for a single flip key. Ford is trying to rob all hands. Whereas I know in other cars even the whole central locking systems do not cost as much as the cost quoted for Ford. Let few months pass off and then they will be back on knees for sure and probably then I will order.
Old 8th October 2013, 14:07   #4658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well I called up Ford service center a few minutes back to know about the cost involved in buying a new Flip Key and I was shocked to hear the prices. They told me INR 8500 for a single flip key. Ford is trying to rob all hands. Whereas I know in other cars even the whole central locking systems do not cost as much as the cost quoted for Ford. Let few months pass off and then they will be back on knees for sure and probably then I will order.
That's insane. Are you sure the quote is not to replace your locks and give you 2 flip keys for that price?

How about you contact these guys and ask them for a quote? http://mycarkey.in/flipkeys.html

Their page doesn't show Ford as an option, but its worth a shot.
Old 8th October 2013, 14:16   #4659
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks techfreak arunphilip ecosport rules !
Honda ASS charges similar amount for the Civic key.
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 14:49   #4660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They told me INR 8500 for a single flip key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Honda ASS charges similar amount for the Civic key.
That's because these keys are made of unobtainium
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 15:08   #4661
BHPian

Quote:
That's because these keys are made of unobtainium

It is definitely expensive, and they overcharge because they know they can. I, for one, would not take a car under warranty to some third party where they will hook their gadgetry into my car's OBD. Actually, the key alone is only some 1K. The rest they charge in the name of key cutting, programming et al.

Ps: Honda asks for an indemnity bond, indemnifying them from any misuse with the new key. Ford might ask for the same.

Last edited by ecosport : 8th October 2013 at 15:09.
Old 8th October 2013, 15:18   #4662

It's been over a month since i last met my SA at Harpreet Ford (MG Road) through whom I'd booked a 1.0 Titanium on 22nd July. Initial timeframe of delivery was end of November.
During this waiting period, increase in prices happened and Titanium variant lost a couple of features (which i am keen to have purely for the sake of novelty). Had a strong urge to cancel the booking due to the waiting and disappointing moves of Ford, but despite all the mess, still found Ecosport a VFM proposition and hung on.
So, today went to the dealer (my Original SA has quit and had to chase a few others to get a thorough update) and learnt that over the past month or so only Diesel variants have been produced/recalled/rectified and thus delivery of Ecoboost now stands at, as a worst case scenario, first week of Jan'14, but likely to happen in Dec '13. They would have details on new allotments around Oct 20th and that's when a clear estimate would be available.
Personally, I'm ok to wait and am fine with a 2014 model as well, so upgraded my booking to titanium (O) with an assurance that this would not take me to the fag end of the waiting queue once again and i can still expect delivery as per my original variant's schedule.

Learnt 2 new bits of information in the process:
1. Ford have introduced a color segregation wherein 'White' is now the only non-metallic color and comes about INR3,500 cheaper than metallic colors (i.e. all colors except white).
2. The above is linked to the second bit of news that Ford is planning to introduce Ecosport in the 'taxi' market. These Ecosport taxis would be available only in 'white' and the cabbies would have a choice between all 3 powerplants!!

Last edited by manson : 8th October 2013 at 15:29.
Old 8th October 2013, 16:12   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifoso View Post
It's been over a month since i last met my SA at Harpreet Ford (MG Road) through whom I'd booked a 1.0 Titanium on 22nd July. Initial timeframe of delivery was end of November.
.................................................. .................................
2. The above is linked to the second bit of news that Ford is planning to introduce Ecosport in the 'taxi' market. These Ecosport taxis would be available only in 'white' and the cabbies would have a choice between all 3 powerplants!!
It will be bad if they introduce EcoSport in Taxi market so soon for the image of the vehicle. It is true even Mercs run as taxi but then IMHO in this class introducing a vehicle to Taxi segment which is doing so well otherwise may harm its prospect in the personal buyer segment.
Old 8th October 2013, 16:13   #4664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ford service center ... told me INR 8500 for a single flip key.
Quote:
How about you contact these guys and ask them for a quote? http://mycarkey.in/flipkeys.html
Why don't you take a look through this thread also: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ippy-keys.html

They talk about getting the shell and a blank key, so that you cut the blank to your specific key, and transplant the electronics from the existing spare key into the new body.

One of the sites listed for Ford is this one: http://duplicatekeys.in/product/ford...sion-flip-key/
Old 8th October 2013, 16:24   #4665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
It will be bad if they introduce EcoSport in Taxi market so soon for the image of the vehicle. It is true even Mercs run as taxi but then IMHO in this class introducing a vehicle to Taxi segment which is doing so well otherwise may harm its prospect in the personal buyer segment.
Relax. I think it is a fake news. Ecosport is more an aspirational vehicle and less of a utilitarian. Only utilitarians sell in the taxi market. No taxi guy/company would run a car that has a back-seat fit for two-and-half people and meager luggage space.
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks