Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2013, 12:30   #4576
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
When you wrote ask synch to play through bluetooth audio, did you mean, I just speak the voice command, " play through bluetooth audio" ?
Say "Bluetooth audio" and then "play". At this point, the phone should start playing music from your default music app. Pause the music (optional), and fire up the navigation app. You should be able to hear the navigation instructions from your speaker through bluetooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
If that were to happen so, you say all audio app except calls/sms is audible from car speakers. So, what happens to your calls?
As long as the phone is connected to sync through bluetooth, sync always handles phone calls - prioritizing over whatever else (music / navigation) is running. You don't have to worry about it. When I said all audio except calls, I only meant the ringtone for incoming call / SMS alert. That's not important and I admit my sentence is quite confusing, so just ignore that part.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 13:43   #4577
Distinguished - BHPian

Poll: Which EcoSport do you own?

Dear EcoSport owners, please vote as to which EcoSport you have on this Team-BHP poll: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-you-own.html

I've created this poll because Ford's EcoSport and Team-BHP together make for an interesting combination:
  • Team-BHP's members tend to be more discerning, do more research and value good technology more than the general car-buying public.
  • The EcoSport is one of those rare cars which has a petrol variant that people want, rather than a petrol variant that they settle for due to cost reasons or lower running. Naturally, I'm referring to the EcoBoost engine.
  • The EcoSport also comes with an automatic option, which is also unique in that it is the only variant that has safety features like EBA/ESC/TCS and the convenience of HLA.
  • There is no true top-end petrol variant, since you can go for power (EcoBoost) or convenience/safety features (AT) but not both.
Together, this makes for an interesting set of choices in the petrol department. Therefore, I believe it would be useful to compare trends in ownership of different variants on Team-BHP.

Last edited by arunphilip : 6th October 2013 at 13:44.
Old 6th October 2013, 14:34   #4578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Say "Bluetooth audio" and then "play". At this point, the phone should start playing music from your default music app. Pause the music (optional), and fire up the navigation app. You should be able to hear the navigation instructions from your speaker through bluetooth.
To add to the above, to hear both the music and navigation voice guidance in the speakers, you can keep both the music app and the nav app running in the phone. Whenver a voice guidance comes up, the phone will mute or attenuate the music audio(behaviour depends on the phone, some phones even momentarily pause the music) and let the voice guidance be heard and switch back to music after the voice guidance is over.
Old 6th October 2013, 14:39   #4579
djs
BHPian

Took the delivery of my Ecosport today from Elite Ford, felt really good after the long long wait. I think with Sync and higher seating position, I will take time to adjust.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-my-pic.jpg  

djs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 14:43   #4580
BHPian

Hi
I can now confirm that it worked very well

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post

As long as the phone is connected to sync through bluetooth, sync always handles phone calls - prioritizing over whatever else (music / navigation) is running. You don't have to worry about it. When I said all audio except calls, I only meant the ringtone for incoming call / SMS alert. That's not important and I admit my sentence is quite confusing, so just ignore that part.
Old 6th October 2013, 14:59   #4581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Took the delivery of my Ecosport today from Elite Ford, felt really good after the long long wait. I think with Sync and higher seating position, I will take time to adjust.
Congratulations on your ES. Which variant, etc.? That looks like a Titanium (O).

And man, ditch that shirt and get one in a proper Mars Red shade

Last edited by arunphilip : 6th October 2013 at 15:01.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 15:44   #4582
BHPian

Guys what are the usual mileage figures you are getting for Diesel ES. I feel am getting lower FE than I expected.

1. City driving 25kmph avg speed (as per display) 90% city , 100% AC 15 kmpl

2.Highway driving (pune goa) avg speed 65kmph , 15.9 kmpl (4 ppl on board , boot full)

3.Highway driving (goa pune) avg speed 55 kmph , 15.3 kmpl (4 ppl on board , boot full)

Total kms 2250 , avg FE is 15 kmpl

Both tank full to tank full method and display shows very similar figures. Will the mileage increase after first svc ?
Old 6th October 2013, 17:50   #4583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by "niks_devil666 View Post
S. I feel am getting lower FE than I expected.
I am getting similar figures but my diesel Ecosport hasnt logged much miles as yet. On the first tankful, the car returned a 15.3 kmpl, all city driving with AC.

At present it has covered 920 kms out of which i did a trip to the hills covering 500kms where 350 was plains and 150 hills, 4 people + a golden retriever dog and a boot full of luggage, ac on through out, car delivered 15.1.

The average is a little low as my Vento delivered 19.5 two months back on the same stretch ( it was around 100 kgs lighter load wise).

Considering arai of Ecosport is more than Vento, expect it to give similar if not more but waiting for run in to complete before coming to a conclusion. For comparison, my Vento easily gives 17+ in city with ac.

Also am totally surprised by the NVH of this car, feels like am driving a petrol car, its so refined. Once the windows are up, the cabin silence is to be seen to believe how hard Ford has worked in this department, Vento is one helluva tractor in this department.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 6th October 2013 at 17:53.
Old 6th October 2013, 18:08   #4584
Senior - BHPian

Re: Poll: Which EcoSport do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Dear EcoSport owners, please vote as to which EcoSport you have on this Team-BHP poll: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-you-own.html.
Hey arunphilip,
The poll is not accessible. It is saying you donot have sufficient privilege.
Old 6th October 2013, 18:15   #4585
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Poll: Which EcoSport do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey arunphilip,
The poll is not accessible. It is saying you donot have sufficient privilege.
Hey, sorry about that but that thread/poll is currently under moderator review, and might be deleted. I'll put a note back here as to the fate of that thread.
Old 6th October 2013, 18:26   #4586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I am getting similar figures but my diesel Ecosport hasnt logged much miles as yet. On the first tankful, the car returned a 15.3 kmpl, all city driving with ac

Also am totally surprised by the NVH of this car, feels like am driving a petrol car, its so refined. Once the windows are up, the cabin silence is to be seen to believe how hard Ford has worked in this department, Vento is one helluva tractor in this department.
My one month average is around 15kmpl which includes city and highway together.

Tank to tank is around 16 to 17 sometimes.

Pure highway at 2000 rpm gives more than 20kmpl

Pure city driving in traffic without lugging the engine gives around 14 to 15 , mostly 1, 2, 3 gears used sometimes the 4th also will be angaged.

I totally agree with coolboy about the NVH levels, which are negligible with the ecosport.
The Vento literally feels like a tractor
Old 6th October 2013, 18:28   #4587
BHPian

Came across this today afternoon. Seems interesting but there is a small difference in eng spec, torque is 200 instead of Ecosport's 170 in Ecoboost engine. Same available for other engine options as well.

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/f...92kw/index.php
techfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 18:42   #4588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
When I went there last time they said that they will deliver my car by 24th of this month
Thanks for the response. You ll be getting by this month bro. Upon delivery, let us know about the insurance and delivery details.
Old 6th October 2013, 18:51   #4589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post

Thanks for the response. You ll be getting by this month bro. Upon delivery, let us know about the insurance and delivery details.
For sure I would do that. I m planning to put up an ownership thread so that I can share my experience with you all.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 18:57   #4590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Came across this today afternoon. Seems interesting but there is a small difference in eng spec, torque is 200 instead of Ecosport's 170 in Ecoboost engine. Same available for other engine options as well.

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/f...92kw/index.php
Yeah, there's a person on this thread who's installed it in his EcoBoost - see these posts:
Ford advertises the EcoBoost as having 170 Nm of torque in India, however internationally, they say that the torque can go to 200 Nm for short durations, under what is termed overboost conditions. I've not heard any mention of this feature in the EcoSports we have here, nor was it covered in this review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks