Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2013, 19:25   #4786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
Many Congrats on your new acquisition !!

Do share your experience about the dealer in details.

Where did you get the 3D Kagu mats from? Also share the shop and price details about Michelin.
Dealer SC Ford: Pleasant experience overall. Got calls from GM Augustine and timely updates from sales exec. I was in no hurry to get the Ecosport so the wait didn't bother me much in fact I was hoping to get it in December . If they have promised you November you should get it in November.

3D Kagu: From Car Touch at Milan Subway. Cost me Rs. 6000 for originals (3D Kagu duplicates are also available). Fits nicely.

Michelin: Saifee Tyres Santacruz. Buy back for 4000/tyre. Michelin Primacy ST for 9500/tyre. Price varies 200-500 daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoym View Post
My point to share this with you and anyone else whose booked through SC Ford is to understand how your overall experience with them was. Any uncomfortable moments? Would really appreciate your feedback.
I would suggest emailing GM SC Ford and Sales head SC Ford. Both emails listed on their website. Scan your downpayment receipt and attach it to the email inquiring about your date of delivery. Mention what was promised.

Once they reply back to you follow up with the GM every other week both by email and over the phone. My sales rep quit in August so I had someone else assigned to me who was quick in replying and following up. Overall pleasant experience.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th October 2013 at 20:26. Reason: Plwase use the EDIT and MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of posting consecutively. Thanks. :)
Old 13th October 2013, 20:08   #4787
BHPian

Quite slowed down pace of posts.....
Seems all those who got their ES, busy enjoying the beauty, all those yet to get dreaming about it ;-)
Happy Dussehara to all.

* I too waiting for mine, so dreaming. Should be reaching the dealership in a day or two if all goes fine and Phailin decides not to turn eastward.

Last edited by techfreak : 13th October 2013 at 20:10.
Old 13th October 2013, 21:00   #4788
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I just realized that the car (1.5 TDCI T (O) ) can be locked with bonnet open , i thought it is equipped with Anti theft system which is supposed to take care of this ?

Can someone help confirm this behavior .

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 13th October 2013 at 21:01.
Old 13th October 2013, 22:20   #4789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
How is the for for 3D Kagu mat ? Is it a specific one for Ecosport or same as Fiesta ?
Mats are same for fiesta and ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
I just realized that the car (1.5 TDCI T (O) ) can be locked with bonnet open , i thought it is equipped with Anti theft system which is supposed to take care of this ?

Can someone help confirm this behavior .
Yes I have checked more than 6 cars for this behavior, they all lock with the bonnet open.The engine immobiliser still works with the bonnet open

Last edited by ecosport rules : 13th October 2013 at 22:31.
Old 13th October 2013, 22:27   #4790
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Dooes'nt the Titanium(O) trim come with genuine leather seats (and not leatherlite)?

I was looking at options for upgrading as well (mine a Titanium) and was quoted around 30k by the dealer for the genuine leather seats of Titanium(O).
According to me, Titanium (O) comes with Leatherite only. We should confirm with the dealer though.
Which are the good places in BLR to get awesome seat covers for the ES ?

Guys,
For my Mars Red ES, I'm looking for someone who can do the following modifications in Bangalore:
1. Glossy black roof or a Matte wrap on the roof.
2. Xenon head lights with DRLs.

Also, if any of you guys can suggest some cool mods.

Last edited by Stratos : 14th October 2013 at 10:08.
Old 13th October 2013, 23:09   #4791
BHPian

Test drove EcoSport Ecoboost Titanium yesterday for about 20 kms (15 kms in city traffic and 5 kms on highway). I personally know one of the senior employees at a local Ford dealer... so was able to snatch an extended test drive.

Things I loved about EcoSport -

1. Exterior and interior design / styling
2. Handling
3. Pick-up and braking system
4. Gear change
5. Air conditioning

Things I hated -

1. Visibility
2. Ride quality
3. Ford dealers and Ford India

The visibility is not that bad, but isn't great either. The problem is more evident when trying to reverse the car, or while taking a sharp turn. But it is still manageable and not a deal breaker. Parking sensors are a must.

Now, the other issues which can be a deal breaker for me:

Ride quality issues

I absolutely hated the ride quality. The car's shockers are practically non-existent. My sister was in the back sit and she likened the journey to an elephant ride. My friend at the Ford dealer also confessed that EcoSport's ride quality is a major issue, but another sales representative claimed that the problem was more prominent because of the extensive abuse the test drive car had gone through over the past few months. Anyways, request EcoSport owners to share some insight on the car's ride qualty.

Ford Dealers and Service Centers
The other issue which bothers me is Ford dealership issues and Ford company as such. I've dealt with two reputed Ford dealers in Delhi NCR region in the past and my experience has been horrible. Maintenance of Ford cars is generally very expensive. Since there aren't many Ford dealers and service centers, one is left with little choice but stick with them despite the bad experience.

Poor Ford management
Lastly, I'm looking to buy a petrol compact SUV, and as you all know, EcoSport petrol bookings are closed and even if they were to open tomorrow, I'm sure the waiting list will extend beyond 6 months.

The way Ford has handled the entire EcoSport drama (delayed launch, then long waiting list, then recall of several EcoSports, then price hike within a few months of launch, and now stopping bookings of all petrol variants) shows Ford India's poor management skills. All this does not instill much confidence in a prospective buyer.

The major thing which I think is working in favor of EcoSport is the pricing. It is absolutely fantastic even after the recent price hike. As per my local dealer, the Ex-Showroom price of 1.5L Petrol Titanium is 7.77 lakhs and the on-road price is 8.7 lakhs. This means that there is a Rs. 1 lakh difference between the ex-showroom price and on-road price!! This includes Rs. 45k for registration and Rs. 25k for insurance, but the rest Rs. 30k is for handling charges and "essential kits". I think charging Rs. 30k for handling charges and kits is a complete rip-off, but that brings us back to one of the main problems with Ford - its greedy and unreliable dealers.

Anyways, request other members here to share some valuable insight and also, please suggest some nice trustworthy Ford dealers in South Delhi / Gurgaon area.

Given the above issues, I'm seriously considering waiting another year to save some more money and go for Nissan Terrano (however, Nissan/Renault have got their own set of issues). Maruti's XA Alpha and Hyundai's new compact SUV may also be launched next year.
dsunn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 09:30   #4792
BHPian

Can some inform what type of car charger port/plug is available in ecosport. A picture would help. Can my current car charger get plugged in?
Old 14th October 2013, 09:35   #4793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
According to me, Titanium (O) comes with Leatherite only. We should confirm with the dealer though.
Dealer says it is genuine leather.

I heard about http://www.saddlesinc.co.in/ through in this thread and they offer good rates. Will be going doing the weekend to get mine done.

Which dealer are you taking delivery from?
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 09:37   #4794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post

The major thing which I think is working in favor of EcoSport is the pricing. It is absolutely fantastic even after the recent price hike. As per my local dealer, the Ex-Showroom price of 1.5L Petrol Titanium is 7.77 lakhs and the on-road price is 8.7 lakhs. This means that there is a Rs. 1 lakh difference between the ex-showroom price and on-road price!! This includes Rs. 45k for registration and Rs. 25k for insurance, but the rest Rs. 30k is for handling charges and "essential kits". I think charging Rs. 30k for handling charges and kits is a complete rip-off, but that brings us back to one of the main problems with Ford - its greedy and unreliable dealers.
An interesting thing about ES 1.5P pricing.

The base model is sub 6-lacs ex-showroom and the consequent road tax rate is 4 or 5%. The next variant Trend attracts 8%. So the registration amount is almost double. The Ambiente is somewhere 6.5 lacs on road.

Just something I noticed on their pricelist - but the SA was unable to explain this.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Can some inform what type of car charger port/plug is available in ecosport. A picture would help. Can my current car charger get plugged in?
Yes, it's the regular 12V socket. Any car charger would fit. For the pics, you can check the first page of this thread, mods have covered it!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 14th October 2013 at 09:39.
Old 14th October 2013, 10:05   #4795
BHPian

While test driving the Duster yesterday, the executive told me that the owner of Renault Delhi North and West also happens to be the owner of Astro Ford, Dwarka. When I told him that I am myself sitting on my Ecosport booking, he said that the delivery will be delayed for sure.

He mentioned that a premium of 75K-90K is being charged at present, if anyone wants an immediate delievry.

I also visited Harpreet Ford yesterday and was shown an Excel sheet, according to which, my Ecosport will arrive by week 3, February 2014, and the guy was courageous enough to tell me that the delivery will happen in March. When I asked, he told me that this excel sheet is built by Ford India and the dealer and is updated roughly once a month.

Then, he went on to add that they are not indulging in any malpractices, but if we have some "approach" in Ford India, maybe then we can get a recommendation from there for an early delivery.

Feeling too helpless at the moment as even the calls to Ford India customer care have been a total waste. I'm on the verge on cancelling my Ecosport and getting the Duster 85 RXL (O).

Still, will shoot some emails to Ford India and the dealer as a last resort.
Old 14th October 2013, 10:21   #4796
BHPian

@abhinav your SA is lying blatantly. Ford India is just not connected with this excel sheet stuff, it is entirely made by the dealers. In fact till the time the dealer allots a vehicle to the customer in particular the company doesn't know which vin number vehicle is going to which customer.
It is really not Ford but the dealers who have messed up things so much to earn some quick bucks, though had they wished Ford had the wherewithal to streamline things which they didn't.
I am saying so as Wherever the dealer has been fair people are generally satisfied inspite of the huge supply n demand gap.

Last edited by techfreak : 14th October 2013 at 10:23.
Old 14th October 2013, 11:04   #4797
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Titanium (0) comes with Leather, though of average quality, it is about 4-5 times more expensive than the Leatherite offerings that come as official accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Test drove EcoSport Ecoboost Titanium yesterday for about 20 kms (15 kms in city traffic and 5 kms on highway). I personally know one of the senior employees at a local Ford dealer... so was able to snatch an extended test drive.

Things I hated -

1. Visibility
2. Ride quality
3. Ford dealers and Ford India

Ride quality issues

I absolutely hated the ride quality. The car's shockers are practically non-existent. My sister was in the back sit and she likened the journey to an elephant ride. My friend at the Ford dealer also confessed that EcoSport's ride quality is a major issue, but another sales representative claimed that the problem was more prominent because of the extensive abuse the test drive car had gone through over the past few months. Anyways, request EcoSport owners to share some insight on the car's ride qualty.

Ford Dealers and Service Centers
The other issue which bothers me is Ford dealership issues and Ford company as such. I've dealt with two reputed Ford dealers in Delhi NCR region in the past and my experience has been horrible. Maintenance of Ford cars is generally very expensive. Since there aren't many Ford dealers and service centers, one is left with little choice but stick with them despite the bad experience.
Yep Ford Dealers are not the best around. My purchase experience posted in the Dealership thread hasn't been great either till date but won't blame just the Dealer, Ford too was at Fault.

The Visibility through the front A pillar tends to not be an issue after you get used to the vehicle in a few days. The Top models anyways come with revers parking sensors. The Official Reverse Camera Accessory too must be taken. The absence of front sensors is missed to judge how close to the car / curb ahead one can get while parking. But there are solutions to this.

The Ride could be hard due to incorrect tyre pressure, and yet the ride of the EcoSport is indeed a bit harsh. The solution is to drive through rough roads at a bit of a speed (30Kmph+). The harshness comes across when one goes over rough roads at lower speeds or too high a speed on the other hand. Also if one choses to go slower than one needs to brake BEFORE obstacles and then release the brakes before getting on the speed bump or pothole else the suspension travel (range) is reduced and this makes the ride even more harsh. The ride though definitely more harsh than in a Duster is better than in most sedans at similar price points so it should be acceptable. One can drive in a manner that makes it more than acceptable. That said it could have been better. Better tyres and correct tyre pressure will help. Doubt it was just an issue with the Demo Vehicle, the ride can come across as rough even for a fresh vehicle.

Last edited by ACM : 14th October 2013 at 11:06.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 11:08   #4798
BHPian

Hi BHPians.

This is my first post on this forum. Scouted several forums for a couple of months and noticed the vast difference in the quality of the content at Team BHP and some others and hence decided to join this one. Thanks to the moderators for approving my membership.

I was looking to buy a new car sometime early next year. Keeping in mind the waiting period on some of the new releases, I thought it might be a good idea to commence my homework early. Read detailed ownership reviews of both Honda Amaze and Ecosport and finally decided to go for the latter weighing my needs. I went to Lathangi Ford Bangalore for a test drive today and will book the car tomorrow being auspicious Dussehra day. I am going for the Titanium variant.

The service advisor told me that the waiting period quoted for all diesel variants is 8-10 months but I can expect delivery in 6 months. For the petrol variants they have stopped the bookings.

I have some Qs for folks who own and have driven the Ecosport for a while:
1. Noticed that the spare is mounted right at the centre of the rear door and not closer to the hinges unlike some other SUVs. Does this cause some misalignment problems due to higher torque on the hinges affecting door closing? Maybe I am asking this Q too early?
2. There some kerb weight difference between the diesel variants e.g., Ambiente is 1248 kgs while Trend is 1272 kgs and Titanium is 1290 kgs. Does this result in reduction in acceleration or mileage as we move towards higher variants? The 22.7 kmpl ARAI mileage is for which variant?
3. While test driving the car, I tried to move from 0 km/h in the second gear itself and the SA cautioned me not do so claiming its a turbo charged vehicle and this damages the engine in the long run. I am used to doing this on my Petrol Ritz for a long time. I wondered if there is any deterioration in engine performances observed with such driving styles. If it is true it will require me to unlearn and re learn...
4. Noticed that the car has severe blind spots...and many of them...at the A pillar...while reversing...perhaps the only sore point...do we get used to it soon or it remains a handicap...

Now it's a few months wait...
Old 14th October 2013, 11:45   #4799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are put up in Bangalore,

Kärlsson is the default choice for "awesome" seat covers

Few Pics from their FB Page.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1174943_560958247283584_173649679_n.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1186804_560958480616894_1811836007_n.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-554990_560958597283549_542545984_n.jpg

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 14th October 2013 at 11:47.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 11:51   #4800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
If you are put up in Bangalore,

Kärlsson is the default choice for "awesome" seat covers

Few Pics from their FB Page.
]
Are the original seats similar to these. They seem to have no contours and lack the bucket feeling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks