Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2013, 13:39   #5416
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
Today got a call from my dealer about my allocation of Titanium diesel Ecosport. But to my surprise the Sales advisor said that your vehicle comes with factory fitted leather seat covers and wheel cover which will increase the price of the vehicle by 40k.
Is there something like this on offer from Ford or my dealer is forcing me to take these as compulsory accessories. Really confused and I haven't got my VIN number as well though to confirm the month of manufacture :(
Awaiting for your valuable inputs
Pressure Tactics to earn a quick buck by fooling the customer! At the most, one SA told me that the car can either come with Spare Wheel Cover or some other accessory as Ford forcibly put on the Vehicle but Leather Seat Covers, way to hard to digest since it's a feature exclusive to Titanium (O).

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
A neighbor suddenly decided today in the morning that he wanted an Ecosport.
Saw a black Titanium(O) standing at his gate tonight!
Disgusted...
Wonder which poor guy got robbed of his promised delivery!
He was not willing to divulge the dealer.
If It's DL 10C registered, then Harpreet Moti Nagar and if DL 12C Registered, then Riddhi Ford.

Other dealers being Harpreet North Delhi (Prashant Vihar?), Harpreet Dilshad Garden, Astro Dwarka, Delhi Ford in Bhikaji Cama Place and Delhi Ford Vasant Kunj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
The dealer is insisting on Finance as well as Insurance from them.

I am waiting to get the Delivery Order before I create a storm and say nothing doing.

An urgent reply with relevant links will be most appreciated
I think you booked from Riddhi Ford! I've always made my stance clear since the beginning to my SA that Finance and Insurance will be availed from outside. I've got the quotation which mentioned 25k for Park Assist, conveyed my displeasure at the price point to him and he was kind enough to understand my point. My car shall be reaching by this weekend!
Old 8th November 2013, 14:56   #5417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

I think you booked from Riddhi Ford! I've always made my stance clear since the beginning to my SA that Finance and Insurance will be availed from outside. I've got the quotation which mentioned 25k for Park Assist, conveyed my displeasure at the price point to him and he was kind enough to understand my point. My car shall be reaching by this weekend!
You booked from Riddhi Ford as well ? They have just got a quota of 40-50 cars and are delivering 5-10 everyday. I've been promised this weekend as well.

Have you received a VIN yet ? Do you intend to go for a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) ?
ask4gautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 18:38   #5418
BHPian

Quote:

You booked from Riddhi Ford as well ? They have just got a quota of 40-50 cars and are delivering 5-10 everyday. I've been promised this weekend as well.

Have you received a VIN yet ? Do you intend to go for a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) ?
I booked my TDCI TITANIUM at riddhi ford on 22nd July and am still waiting for any communication from the dealer. If you are getting the car can you share when did you book it.
Old 8th November 2013, 21:59   #5419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
Finally!!!!! Taking delivery of my white Ecosport 1.5 AT next week. .
Quote:
Hi !

Finally I have been told that I can expect delivery of my Ecosport TDCI Titanium (O) soon.

Can anyone please help me with the PDI
Hey,
Congrats to both of you on your new rides.
Wish you miles of happiness.
PDI is available on team bhp " advice "section.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 8th November 2013 at 22:00.
Old 8th November 2013, 22:34   #5420

Dear Vid6639,
thanks for a detailed, exhaustive and excellent review. What I have not understood is that while you have compared all popular SUVs in the table in the initial part of the review there is no mention of Mahindra XUV5OO. Subsequently also when you discuss monocoque construction you have missed out on the XUV. In my opinion it should also have been compared. Your views please.
Old 9th November 2013, 08:21   #5421
VBR
BHPian

Hello bhpians!

My SA called me up yesterday and told me that my car is alloted for the third week of November. I was more than happy and was literally jumping with joy.

To all those who have taken their cars quite recently, did your cars come with Goodyears? I just hope mine does, else I'll have to be spending quite a bit replacing those MRF's. How does it actually work? Is it like one whole batch of cars get Goodyears and another comes only with MRF'S or something like that. Please help me out here

Thanks!
Old 9th November 2013, 09:42   #5422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Hello bhpians!

My SA called me up yesterday and told me that my car is alloted for the third week of November. I was more than happy and was literally jumping with joy.

To all those who have taken their cars quite recently, did your cars come with Goodyears? I just hope mine does, else I'll have to be spending quite a bit replacing those MRF's. How does it actually work? Is it like one whole batch of cars get Goodyears and another comes only with MRF'S or something like that. Please help me out here

Thanks!

Congrats,
Finally after a long wait.
Tyres are installed in batches as and when stocks are available from the company.
But due to random shipment to dealers we cannot be sure of the tyre make.
The dealer also does not have access to this kind of information.

Hope you get good years
Old 9th November 2013, 11:01   #5423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Hello bhpians!

Thanks!
Hi VBR, Congrats on the allotment and I know the amount of joy it brings after a long since I went through it as well recently. Will be getting my car next week. Did the PDI yesterday. All OK.

Regarding the tyres, it purely based on batch. What variant have you booked? As per my observations, all Titanium (O) come with Goodyear in 90% of the cases. If its Titanium, then there is a equal chance of getting Goodyear or MRF. By the way, mine is a Titanium and got Goodyears.

I am not sure if VIN decoding report gives this details or not since I have requested one for mine to Wildon.

Keep us posted and best wishes

Srinath
Old 9th November 2013, 11:02   #5424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Its not mandatory to purchase accessories from the dealer, I had sent an email to Ford Customer Care and got the response. I shall post a copy of that email here!

I think you should report this to Ford Customer Care!
Hi Can you please send me a copy of that mail. Dealer insisting on Insurance from them and No response from Ford India for last 3-4 days now.
Old 9th November 2013, 13:36   #5425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I booked my TDCI TITANIUM at riddhi ford on 22nd July and am still waiting for any communication from the dealer. If you are getting the car can you share when did you book it.
I booked on 30th June!

Quote:

I've received the last 7 Digits of VIN from Ford directly since I had registered a complaint with them. I shall be going for a check before remitting the payment and waiting to hear from them on the arrival of the car.
Old 9th November 2013, 14:58   #5426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I booked on 30th June!
Then it looks like I will have to wait well into the new year to get the car. Ford should look to increase the supply of the car in the domestic market. This is fizzing out the excitement of the Indian customers.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 20:28   #5427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Dear PrideRed,
The best way to check if your glove box ac vent is working:(available only in titanium and tit opt)

Open the glove box, turn on the airconditioner blower to max speed.
There is an open pipe behind the glove box which comes in contact with the glove box back wall once the glove box is closed.check the air flow from that pipe.If the flow is ok then your vent is working perfectly well

It work effectively when the air is diverted to the in dash vents only.

The vent has an open close function, can be done by turning the knob clock wise and anticlock wise.I hope you have kept it open

Hope this helps
My Titanium Diesel does not seem to have the cooled glove box. Don't see the knob. Possibly removed along with the keyless entry.
Old 9th November 2013, 22:29   #5428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
My Titanium Diesel does not seem to have the cooled glove box. Don't see the knob. Possibly removed along with the keyless entry.
I am about to take my Titanium TDCi Delivery the knob is present in mine
I have a query to existing Owners the sear covers looks like it can easily attract lot of dust
I did take a look at saddles but was not convinced by their finish
as of now i am looking at imperial leathers and have asked them to give quote for Titanium optional like seat covers
any options in Bangalore ??
Old 10th November 2013, 08:16   #5429
BHPian

For all Audi Headlight lovers here are the Audi Style Headlights for Ecosport. Though cost a fortune on this site.
http://www.autogully.in/modified-hea...67-45762832279
I'm really hunting for :
1. Full front Chrome Grill for Ecosport Trend.
2. Fog Lamps.
3. 3D Mats.
4. Sun Visor.

In Faridabad, Chrome Grills are available in varied rates across different shops. But according to all shopowners they all are coming from China.

I recently got the Hertz Tweeters fixed into the car, as recommended at this Forum. As expected the Hertz tweeters simply just fit into the slots provided in the front two gates.

The quality of sound has increased considerably but the absence of Equalizers in the stock music system really is a nagging absence. I wonder which OEM is providing them this music system to them.
Old 10th November 2013, 08:32   #5430
BHPian

Quote:

Hi ask4gautam, Riddhi Ford has a very dirty way of the way they handle the customers. There is no one whom you can fight for your rights there. Thanks to the sealed ears of Ford, Riddhi Ford is taking all us for a ride, on their own terms and conditions.

Well when I took the delivery, they simply did not allow me the PDI. Then I shouted at their Senior Sales Manager along with my dad and brother and the next day, car was their on the showroom for a PDI. And then only I paid the balance amount.

For insurance you can simply Ping the Ford Customer care on the chat, and then take a printout of it. On this pressure they left off INR 8000 from the insurance premium for me. So to summarise, I took the Zero-Dep Insurance from Riddhi Ford only but at eight thousand cheaper premium. It was from Royal Sundaram.

In case you have time, the owner who owns Riddhi Ford also owns the Regent Honda showroom which is about 1 KMs from Riddhi Ford. He sits there on a daily basis and you can barge into their showroom to talk to him. I collected all this information, but was not required as I was delivered the car by then.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks