Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2015, 16:40   #9361
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Since you're talking HIDs, it could likely be a ballast power supply problem/malfuction. The HID kit may have fuses of its own too. Check that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
R4 - is the relay for the headlamps, not the fuse. I'm not sure exactly what the fuses 22 and 30 are for (whether they are exclusively for low beams, or something else also). Do bear in mind that you need to check fuse #12 also; which is the fuse associated with relay R4.

Initial checks would be to verify if you're receiving power at the back of the headlamp units (unlikely you will be getting power, since both sides conked out). Then, you need to check if the fuses are blown, or if the relay is not working as intended. HIDs also require ballast, so that's another thing to check and confirm is working right. Also, if an additional fuse was introduced as part of the HID wiring, check that too (it won't be covered in the manual since its an additional fitment).

If I'm not mistaken, HID projectors usually draw lesser power than incandescent bulbs (35W or so for HID, vs 60W for OEM). So, it should not be a relay failure or fuse blown due to excessive power draw. Therefore, I would recommend you get the wiring checked to see if there's a short (either a wire frayed, or a connection loose), this could have caused the problem.
Thank you. I checked all the fuses and relays in engine compartment with a multimeter.
Found two useful videos on YouTube for guidance.All fuses and relays were good.

At ASC Genome rep took 2 hours to arrive and found a rat had chewed the wire causing power disruption to both projectors. He changed the wire set to a brand new. Also he pointed out rodent also chewed one of the spark plug cables. So got that also replaced.

Guess I need to change parking location.

Last edited by cowboy45 : 13th September 2015 at 16:45.
cowboy45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 18:36   #9362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post
Thank you. I checked all the fuses and relays in engine compartment with a multimeter.
Found two useful videos on YouTube for guidance.All fuses and relays were good.

At ASC Genome rep took 2 hours to arrive and found a rat had chewed the wire causing power disruption to both projectors. He changed the wire set to a brand new. Also he pointed out rodent also chewed one of the spark plug cables. So got that also replaced.

Guess I need to change parking location.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=iG-AsEemqD4
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=1V-q5qlpTWA
Does your car have an engine guard? If it doesn't, would it have prevented the rat mess?
Old 14th September 2015, 04:54   #9363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
You mean you get jerks from engine?. If so, I had similar problem and it was due to some dust/align particles in diesel filter. I had them cleaned,which solved the issue.
So finally I went to the service center to get my car tested for the "jerks" which seemed to crop up randomly. Once it had become quite dangerous also as I was trying to overtake at 60 kmph and the jerks started. Thankfully I managed the situation but to be honest it freaked me out quite a bit considering my car is less than 2 years old.

Anyway the service advisor went on a test drive with me and the jerk showed up once. We immediately came back and he started running all the diagnostics and told me that PCM (not sure about the full form) has overload of data. He reset it and told me that I am good to go and asked me that if it shows up again to report back to him again and I might have to drop the car also for a day. I drove for around 40 kms after that and did not notice a single jerk and somehow the car also felt unfamiliar including acceleration, gear throws etc.

Now my question here to all bhpians is "Do we have to get this software updated on a regular interval and also is this common?". Honestly speaking I would have been happier if the issue would have been adulterated diesel but some software malfunctioning to the extent that the car starts jerking, either I am living in the stone age or cars have become too complicated for a person like me to understand.

Is there something I can do to prevent it in the future apart from regular check-ups (reset) during servicing?

On a separate note, I asked my SA about the clutch getting hard, and he told me that it totally depends on the driving style and replacement due to wear and tear will be 15K and not covered by warranty or insurance. I have driven my car for only 11200 kms as of now so little bit concerned. Being in Bangalore and staying in areas with potholes and crazy traffic, using clutch is indispensable.

Last edited by Anand2712 : 14th September 2015 at 04:58.
Old 14th September 2015, 07:06   #9364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Does your car have an engine guard? If it doesn't, would it have prevented the rat mess?
EcoSport as far I know does not come with engine cover. Same was confirmed by service attendant. I am yet to see one with a engine cover.
Old 14th September 2015, 07:12   #9365
BHPian

Quote:
EcoSport as far I know does not come with engine cover. Same was confirmed by service attendant. I am yet to see one with a engine cover.
It's available as an accessory for 8k. I hope you are talking about the sump guard and not the engine cover on top of the engine,inside the hood.
Old 14th September 2015, 08:03   #9366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No, I don't think it would have made a difference. The sump guard does not seal off access from below, there are still openings for the suspension components and steering arms which will allow rodents access into the engine area. See this photo from page 1 of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 11:31   #9367
BHPian

Quote:
It's available as an accessory for 8k. I hope you are talking about the sump guard and not the engine cover on top of the engine,inside the hood.
Ah ..I was actually referring to engine head cover under the hood. The under body metal plate I will check when next service is due. I recall seeing these plates in some thread earlier. However, the recent accessory list I collected yesterday from ASC does not mention it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco-acessories-list.jpeg  

Old 14th September 2015, 11:41   #9368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ah ..I was actually referring to engine head cover under the hood.
You're right in that the engine head plastic cover doesn't come with the EcoSport, for any engine.

Quote:
The under body metal plate I will check when next service is due.
The underbody plate is made of ABS plastic not metal. Therefore, it does not protect your sump on mechanical strength (like a Punto); instead it protects your sump sacrificially - when it takes a hit, the energy of that impact goes into breaking the plastic guard, instead of going into your sump. Milder hits (like a stone spun by a wheel) might not even break the plastic. I presume Ford opted for plastic instead of metal for reasons of cost and weight.

Quote:
However, the recent accessory list I collected yesterday from ASC does not mention it.
I've found that dealers sometimes list and carry only those accessories that move in their zones. For example, when I got my EcoSport in Bangalore, I was able to order and receive the 3D trunk tray. When my dad got his EcoSport 1.5 years later in Coimbatore, the SA hadn't even heard of such an accessory and came to look at the one in my car. When my dad visited Bangalore later, we ended up buying this here.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:38   #9369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
So finally I went to the service center to get my car tested for the "jerks" which seemed to crop up randomly. Once it had become quite dangerous also as I was trying to overtake at 60 kmph and the jerks started. Thankfully I managed the situation but to be honest it freaked me out quite a bit considering my car is less than 2 years old.

I had jerking issues too after 20k kms. It got resolved after servicing and some weird reason was given too me which was not clear.

Last edited by GTO : 15th September 2015 at 12:44. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 14th September 2015, 13:02   #9370
BHPian

The sump guard is available at Harpreet Ford. If I remember, Gautum Budh also had the guard for a little over 8 grand. Call the SA and he would let you know. As Arun said,its not a metal guard like Fiat's.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 16:35   #9371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post

Anyway the service advisor went on a test drive with me and the jerk showed up once. We immediately came back and he started running all the diagnostics and told me that PCM (not sure about the full form) has overload of data. ... ...
Maybe the overflow pipe leading to the bit bucket had become blocked.

Or, in other words, this seems like a really weird answer --- unless the control unit is seriously defectively programmed!
Old 14th September 2015, 16:46   #9372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Maybe the overflow pipe leading to the bit bucket had become blocked.

Or, in other words, this seems like a really weird answer --- unless the control unit is seriously defectively programmed!
You have got it right mate!

He checked nothing inside the car and just updated the PCM and removed previous data. I was there with him the whole time. Also as I mentioned, I felt quite a change while driving and the car felt somewhat alien. Beyond my understanding for now!
Old 14th September 2015, 22:39   #9373
BHPian

today I had 30k service of my ecosport diesel. Overall expense was approximately 5000 rs without wheel alignment and balancing. The thing of particular interest is they are using fully synthetic engine oil for both petrol and diesel engines. The brand is Shell Helix ultra 5w-30. And the good part is they are charging 1100 rupees for 4.3 litres of engine oil which I feel is quite less from the market price and unbelievable. Upon enquiring at the billing section, they told that they have just introduced the fully synthetic oil, earlier they were using semi synthetic one. Post oil change, car has become more slick and responsive for throttle inputs by 30%. This is due to the fresh oil or the oil is synthetic, only God knows.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-201509142650.jpg  

Dr.Abhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 16:48   #9374
BHPian

Guys did a PDI today. Here is a picture of her:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150915_140316.jpg
She's a couple of months old.
Doge is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 19:36   #9375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys did a PDI today.
Congratulations, nice to see another Blue EcoBoost! Its a lovely car, and will put a grin on your face whether you're inside driving it, or outside admiring it.

Yesterday, I'd taken my EcoSport out after 2 weeks (various circumstances prevented me driving it for a fortnight), and I was grinning driving it around!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks