Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 10:30   #3586
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
I am an ardent Ford fan for reasons I cannot disclose on this forum, but I feel its more of machine and less of man. A narrower dash would open up more space. A slightly more spacious cabin and all around visiblity would have helped. Driving one IMO felt being on a top of a pyramid and a cover on top.

Regards,
Kavesh
Old 26th August 2013, 10:54   #3587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Got this from another forum. Spare parts comparison list of few parts. Almost in line with the Figo
Apologies if I'm mistaken, but the board on the top left reads 'Ford Labour Pricing'. Below description it even mentions 'flat rate per hour'. So these are not spare parts comparison.

Considering some parts replacement may take more than an hour, how do these labour charges fare when compared against competition?
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 11:14   #3588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Apologies if I'm mistaken, but the board on the top left reads 'Ford Labour Pricing'. Below description it even mentions 'flat rate per hour'. So these are not spare parts comparison.

Considering some parts replacement may take more than an hour, how do these labour charges fare when compared against competition?
Looks like you have pointed out right. Anyways, waiting for the actual list which can be expected soon.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 12:44   #3589
Senior - BHPian

Ford India has really messed up the launch of this vehicle, they should have kept a keen eye on the malpractices done by their dealers but instead they have been a silent spectator so far.

I had a word with my SA, Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar, who had told me September allocations will be done by saturday last week and now he says that he cant deliver my car (mars red, titanium diesel) by september end. This infact after booking the car on 26th June when the car was launched, i have been told to shift the color to white or sea grey which i dont want to.

I have made myself clear to him, i will wait till september end and if he cant give me the VIN by then, i most probably would cancel the booking. 3 months is a more than enough wait to get my car's vin alloted, this is not Bajaj era.

Shot a strong mail to Ford India asking why Harpreet is not giving me my priority number.
Old 26th August 2013, 12:54   #3590
BHPian

Can anyone guide me with the best insurance quotes for diesel titanium option for zero dep/bumper to bumper insurance policy?
Old 26th August 2013, 12:55   #3591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I had a word with my SA, Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar, who had told me September allocations will be done by saturday last week and now he says that he cant deliver my car (mars red, titanium diesel) by september end. This infact after booking the car on 26th June when the car was launched, i have been told to shift the color to white or sea grey which i dont want to.
This is what is happening everywhere. Dealers say that they will give the booking list to Ford and then they will dispatch the vehicles according to the list. This is what was conveyed initially. But this is not what's happening. It's Ford who will decide which variant, color to be sent across the dealers. There's a set number of cars dedicated to all dealers and Ford will randomly dispatch the cars. Say, if the first lot was majority Titanium Diesel and Ecoboost, the next lot will be majority Trend and Ambiente variants. Same happens with color also. My dealer asked me to change the color from white to Sea grey as a result of the above scenario. In my local dealership, the latest lot is mostly trend and ambiente so many Titanium customers are switching to lower variants. To make it more attractive, the dealer is giving an option wherein they have displayed an ambiente variant with 1L worth of accessories (Fiesta alloys, chrome inserts, running board, roof rails, parking sensors etc). This attracts customers in switching to lower variants.
Old 26th August 2013, 13:25   #3592
BHPian

Had a meeting with the Lathangi Ford SA for my ecoSport today , more or less decided to cancel the booking due to a horrible experience with the whole process.

SA does not have an idea on when the allocation might happen, does not answer phone , no professionalism ...sad story,my family will have to do with our old steed and hopefully there will be other options by the time I return back in April 2014.
Old 26th August 2013, 14:40   #3593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerate89 View Post
I booked with Kairali Ford(Thrissur/Kerala). Not sure about the priority number, but the time quoted for the delivery was a minimum of 3 months. If its delivered before the second week of September it will hardly be 2 months. Ford is working pretty hard to clear off its backlog it seems.
Amazing I booked a month before you and no call/email from Ford yet. May have to do with booking location but then again I think large metro bookings are probably more suspect to manipulations
Old 26th August 2013, 15:39   #3594
Senior - BHPian

Went to see the Ecosport yesterday at Elite near Marathalli, and felt that Ford really needs to haul up its dealers for their attitude and sheer lack of customer service.

Almost sure that I will not consider the Ecosport because the Titanium (Not Titanium-O) diesel is 11+L on road, and the interior quality is pretty poor. There is a serious amount of flex in the door handles where one would normally hold it to open/shut the door. The silver garnish thingy on the handle is very obviously a separate piece that felt like it would fall off. There are several sharp edges on the moulded joints. The dash is better, but then who keeps feeling the dash. Don't know if it was one of the pre-production pieces, but the Ecoboost badge was peeling off as well and the doors shut with a clangy sound, not a thunk. I intend to keep the car I buy for at least 5 years, so these things are important. Also experience with a Fusion and feedback from a friend about his Figo tell me that Ford service is Neither cheap nor the best.

Also noticed that the hand-brake is positioned for a Left Hand Drive vehicle, and when pulling it up one's hand will tend to jam between the lever and the front passenger seatbelt lock. And although the gear lever is short, the throw is long. It is as if the lever actually is long but is covered further up to appear short?

Having said that, the road presence of it despite being so small is pretty impressive, and the driving position is very good from my perspective.

Last edited by VeluM : 26th August 2013 at 15:41.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 17:39   #3595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
I booked Titanium (o) Silver Diesel on June 27th with SC Ford and still haven't received a date of delivery. By my math I should have gotten at least the delivery date by now but then looking at the experience of others here I may have to wait beyond Sept. Any idea when Ford may start to raise prices of the ecosport. I am sure given the rupee's decline margins which are already thin must be hurting. I expect to see a price rise on Jan 1 (6 months after launch).
I suggest you to constantly follow up with SA or visit the dealership. Keep reminding them about your booking. Because looking at the environment at SC Ford, you will not even come to know when your vehicle got allotted to someone else in the queue.

I also never got any delivery date. In fact, they have not even given me my booking no. yet. When asked, my SA keeps saying "Don't worry sir, you will get the car before October end" which is 3 months from my booking date. I keep going to dealer on Sundays and try to get updates from SA.

Also, keep an eye on Ecosports ready for delivery(Manufacturing Month and all). Currently, the ecosports they are delivering are from July manufactured lot.
Old 26th August 2013, 18:40   #3596
BHPian

Got a call from dealer intimating the arrival of my TDCi Titanium (O). Vehicle booked on 14 Jun
Old 26th August 2013, 19:00   #3597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Got a call from dealer intimating the arrival of my TDCi Titanium (O). Vehicle booked on 14 Jun

Hey dish,

That's nice to hear. Hope you get your delivery this week.

If you don't mind, can you tell me the dealership where you booked and also ask your SA if they received a lot recently(Today/Yesterday). I am expecting mine sometime this week. As of today morning, my SA told me that it's in transit. Can't wait.
Old 26th August 2013, 20:38   #3598
BHPian

If you don't mind, can you tell me the dealership where you booked and also ask your SA if they received a lot recently(Today/Yesterday). I am expecting mine sometime this week. As of today morning, my SA told me that it's in transit. Can't wait. [/quote]

Metro Ford, St Mark Rd is the dealership. Yes, apparently they received a lot with many Titanium (O) yesterday.
dish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 22:15   #3599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
3 months is a more than enough wait to get my car's vin alloted, this is not Bajaj era.
I also booked on the same date and even if I were ready to take delivery, my car would be here only by October mid. Unfortunately, there aren't many alternatives to this car. Since you already have a sedan which car will you consider buying if not the ecosport ?
Old 26th August 2013, 23:01   #3600
BHPian

Has anyone anywhere taken delivery of an Ecosport 1.5 Manual petrol... or even had a test drive yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks