Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 16:43   #1201
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post

Took a TD of Fiesta AT soon after, and Ecosport is definitely better in terms of driver seat comfort, ergonomics and other interiors in general.
Thanks for your report, which was the showroom where you took the TD of AT? I too wanted to take one.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 24th June 2013, 16:49   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
See, this is the problem with the general consumer. They tend to equate the price-tag to the size of the car. And several people find it ridiculous to spend 10 lakhs on a car that's no larger than a hatch. What they should ideally do is understand their priorities and buy cars accordingly.

The EcoSport is a capable product. Certainly more capable than large hatchbacks like the Swift and i20. So I don't understand why people want Ford to price it on par with large hatchbacks.
I agree with your views. We don't appreciate things based on the work, finish, functionality. Its all based on $$.

More the money, more the space, more the seats

All these days, i was under impression that only my friends, relatives back home (a small town in TN) applies this logic. If you go to them and say you have got a new car, the first question will be - How much and How many ppl it can seat . But now, i got the impression that its the entire our Indian mentality. No offense.

Sorry for going . Just bored of discussing on seat width, small looks, Duster is big etc. This is what happens if you discuss a car for more than year.

Last edited by sbala : 24th June 2013 at 16:55.
sbala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 16:57   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Thanks for your report, which was the showroom where you took the TD of AT? I too wanted to take one.
Lathangi Ford, near Delmia circle, JP Nagar. Didn't know they had shifted from bannerghatta rd, and it took some time to find them.
msmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 17:18   #1204
BHPian

Right now at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. They have confirmed that you can get insurance & registration done yourself. No compulsion from their side, complete freedom . 10 min wait for Test Drive.
Old 24th June 2013, 17:28   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Right now at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. They have confirmed that you can get insurance & registration done yourself. No compulsion from their side, complete freedom . 10 min wait for Test Drive.
This is excellent news ! I hope all the other Ford dealers follow suit.
Old 24th June 2013, 17:30   #1206
BHPian

Lo and behold! A guy, who claims to be part of the urban discovery campaign is out to save our souls from the Ford demon. He says he couldn't speak up until now, bound by the T&Cs of the contest!

If the ecoboost engine can't pull up a slope with 5-people on board, Vid / GTO and so many industry-respected journos, who put the car through its paces would have told us so.

Does anybody know this guy? Is he out to spread bad propaganda or is there some weight to his argument? I think he got to know he lost out in the contest, and is now in revenge mode. Check his "review" if it's worth your time out and make your own judgment.

http://ecosportdiscoveries.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th June 2013 at 10:43. Reason: removing the guy's name.
Old 24th June 2013, 17:46   #1207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Sorry for going . Just bored of discussing on seat width, small looks, Duster is big etc. This is what happens if you discuss a car for more than year.
+1. Many a times I wanted to say the same, but was bored of saying.

- Look at the product.
- See if it fits one's requirement. If yes, very good take it
- Of course sanitise it with price
- If not, just move on and look for another product. Its as simple as that.

No point endlessly debating one versus the other. Pros and cons / Strengths and weakness of each product is very clear. Just take that up, match it against one's need and get answers.

But just like our Parry's Coffee Bite advt, "the argument continues"
ampere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 18:08   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Which showroom are they offering TDs from? The MG road one ? The guy their told me they'll start on 26th only.
Old 24th June 2013, 18:52   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post

Which showroom are they offering TDs from? The MG road one ? The guy their told me they'll start on 26th only.
Infocity near Hero Hond Chowk. Only Diesel available for TD.
Old 24th June 2013, 20:09   #1210
BHPian

Guys,
This is the third thread running on EcoSport in our forum. And we are in 373rd page if I include the other two threads (211+81+81) . For a car that is not yet launched this is too much of discussions
Maybe it also shows the eagerness of people on EcoSport.
Regards
Old 24th June 2013, 20:23   #1211
BHPian

The dealer in Mumbai told me that the entire first lot has arrived at their warehouse and is flooded with EcoSport's.
Old 24th June 2013, 20:28   #1212
BHPian

EcoSport Trend variant pics shared by a IAB user
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport4.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport3.jpg  

Old 24th June 2013, 20:30   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Lo and behold! A guy, who claims to be part of the urban discovery campaign is out to save our souls from the Ford demon. He says he couldn't speak up until now, bound by the T&Cs of the contest!

If the ecoboost engine can't pull up a slope with 5-people on board, Vid / GTO and so many industry-respected journos, who put the car through its paces would have told us so.

Does anybody know this guy? Is he out to spread bad propaganda or is there some weight to his argument? I think he got to know he lost out in the contest, and is now in revenge mode. Check his "review" if it's worth your time out and make your own judgment.

http://ecosportdiscoveries.wordpress.com/
I cannot believe he said a 800 is better than the ecosport and he managed to put 5 people in the 800 (just kidding ).
I don't know but he seems to know about a special Figo that has "break" pads. Guys just give him a "brake", will you?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th June 2013 at 16:01. Reason: editing the quoted post. Removing personal information.
Old 24th June 2013, 20:33   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Guys,
This is the third thread running on EcoSport in our forum. And we are in 373rd page if I include the other two threads (211+81+81) . For a car that is not yet launched this is too much of discussions
Maybe it also shows the eagerness of people on EcoSport.
Regards
One reason could be the One and Half year long wait for the official launch of the car.
Old 24th June 2013, 21:37   #1215
Team-BHP Support

That is hilarious.

First off, he has compared the EcoSport to Marutis and he compares the prices of brake-pads(!) If he likes cars that are cheap and easy to maintain, he should stay away from European cars and drive Marutis.

We've owned a Ford Ikon 1.6 which we'd sold in 2006 (after 5 years of ownership) and he is right, the car was expensive to maintain, but that's partially because it was a victim of the Mumbai floods (26/7). By the time it had hit 50k on the ODO, we'd been relieved of about 1.5 lakh. Suspension components, exhausts, brakes required replacement. But Ford has improved w/r/t after-sales-service and prices of parts / consumables have gotten cheaper over the years.

What I can't seem to fathom is his comparison between the turbos in the Fiesta and (surprise surprise) Maruti SX4! How does one compare JUST the turbos from two diesel engines?

The rant continues with him talking about the 'hyped' EcoSport. I have to agree with him here, it is hyped. And anything that's hyped generally does not live up to expectations. He talks of low quality plastics "falling from the bottom of the dashboard". That's a bit absurd, but I do agree. The quality is not great. What about Maruti, though? Why no mention of Maruti's (frankly) appalling plastic quality?

Fuel efficiency is 6 km/l? Can't climb a slope with 5 on board? I'd say his choice of gear was wrong!

I'm going to take that post with a bucket of salt. He has clearly mentioned that he is more interested in 'hits'. Bashing Ford and putting Maruti on a pedestal. And all this after he had exited from the competition? Hmmm..

EDIT: Ford may be an American brand but the EcoSport is based on the European Fiesta.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th June 2013 at 22:38. Reason: rephrasing. adding last statement
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks