Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 21:01   #9781
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
I get about 9 kmpl in City and about 13 kmpl on highway drives
Absolutely the same for me. Its pretty much consistent across reports by different team BHP members. This is with windows rolled up and AC switched on 100% of the time.
Old 13th February 2016, 12:54   #9782
BHPian

My Ford Ecosport AT is 2 years and 8 months old bought in Aug 2013 1 of the first AT on the road. I have an issue regarding the body cladding which now seems very old and faded. Is there any after market products available (online or in Chennai) which I can use that will restore the body cladding to its new condition. Also if anyone has used them how long does the black effect last especially if the Ecosport is parked in the sun for 10 hours a day.
Old 13th February 2016, 18:21   #9783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
The vento service will not cross 10k if you dont let them add unnecessary things, atleast for the first 40-45k kms/ 3 years. Get the extended warranty and dsg issues should be sorted.
VW/Skoda group of cars have much lesser service centers which sometimes leads to abuse of monopoly. Here in my city we have only 2 centers both of which are owned by the same group. While servicing my car, the Ford guys always clean up my car real good and retouch any minor paint scratches which might have been there for free. One of my close friend requested the same for her white Polo and they flatly said they wont do that, you need to paint the whole panel. Also even with all the extras (alignment/balancing/engine cleaning) my 11L Ecosport costs 5.5k to service while the 6.5L polo costs 9.5k. Its not just the money, anyone who can pay 11L on car wont mind paying 5k extra/year for the car they love, but its how they treat customers. Experience may be different in other cities but this's how it is in Kolkata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Vento
Premium feel inside the car
More comfortable for 5 pax
Overall build quality is very good
Has light steering, good for city but need to be more careful in highways

Iam personally searching for an upgrade from 2011 Figo, but I was too late to decide on it, so the only option I had All New Fiesta is history for me. So holding on to my Figo a little big longer.
Looks are subjective and i personally prefer dark interiors of the Ecosport. Also the stock leather seats of the Titanium option is quite decent. The only downer seems to be the lack of modern head unit. These days even cheaper cars have awesome HU with color, touch, NAV, android auto / car play etc. The one on ES is quite primitive. Ecosport will be a good upgrade for Figo, but if you are looking for a "real" upgrade get something with AWD/4WD like the duster awd, scorpio s4 4wd etc. In case you love touring it will take you to places where a normal 2wd cant go and also save you from sticky situations

Last edited by Samfromindia : 13th February 2016 at 18:25.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 19:02   #9784
BHPian

Quote:
My Ford Ecosport AT is 2 years and 8 months old bought in Aug 2013 1 of the first AT on the road. I have an issue regarding the body cladding which now seems very old and faded. Is there any after market products available (online or in Chennai) which I can use that will restore the body cladding to its new condition. Also if anyone has used them how long does the black effect last especially if the Ecosport is parked in the sun for 10 hours a day.
I had used 3M dash board polish for the cladding. It got a good shine and finish but the issue is that when ever the car is cleaned it looses a part of the shine.
Old 13th February 2016, 19:39   #9785
BHPian

ford ecosport tdci : small rubber pipe out of its place

Hello everyone.
So today I randomly popped open the hood to just check on everything and saw this small pipe sticking out of what I believe is the airbox. Car was and is running perfectly fine and there was no "check engine" light on. Can anyone tell me what it was and if it caused any damage?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20160213_170147.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20160213_1701561.jpg  

Old 15th February 2016, 19:34   #9786
BHPian

Hi Friends,
I am looking for a new car. I see that the ecosport trend+ suits my needs. I am hearing there might be some sept/oct 2015 models available. Can i go for that, considering the discounts offered might help me to get ecosport in my budget (~10L). Also was there any ECU updates for the post oct 2015 models? I am also considering ciaz and etios based on the discounts available.

Regards
Balaji
Old 15th February 2016, 21:59   #9787

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I've recently got the Ecosport AT and all i can say is that I can lay a wager that most naysayers have never driven or owned this car.
======
go for it with your eyes closed. anyways petrol power is the way forward given the back lash against diesel.
Great Choice for a metro city. I booked a AT today. Delivery next Sunday. How is your experience till date. Especially the acceleration .
Old 16th February 2016, 17:26   #9788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
VW/Skoda group of cars have much lesser service centers which sometimes leads to abuse of monopoly. Here in my city we have only 2 centers both of which are owned by the same group. While servicing my car, the Ford guys always clean up my car real good and retouch any minor paint scratches which might have been there for free. One of my close friend requested the same for her white Polo and they flatly said they wont do that, you need to paint the whole panel. Also even with all the extras (alignment/balancing/engine cleaning) my 11L Ecosport costs 5.5k to service while the 6.5L polo costs 9.5k. Its not just the money, anyone who can pay 11L on car wont mind paying 5k extra/year for the car they love, but its how they treat customers. Experience may be different in other cities but this's how it is in Kolkata.
Yes, I experience the same kind of service at Mody Ford, Hyderabad. which is economical and always gives peace of mind at the same time.

There are 'N' number sorrow cases for Skoda service in Hyd, owned by Mahavir Auto and they play the monopoly game by not allowing the company to give any another dealership other than these guys. They literally loot the customers, which is the big turn off for Skoda in Hyderabad .

Last edited by bageherath : 16th February 2016 at 17:29.
Old 17th February 2016, 03:47   #9789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Hi Friends,
I am looking for a new car. I see that the ecosport trend+ suits my needs. I am hearing there might be some sept/oct 2015 models available. Can i go for that, considering the discounts offered might help me to get ecosport in my budget (~10L). Also was there any ECU updates for the post oct 2015 models? I am also considering ciaz and etios based on the discounts available.

Regards
Balaji
A Sep/Oct model would be around 5-6 months old. I guess a general advice from fellow BHPians would be to do a thorough PDI and to check for any signs of use/abuse/rusting etc.

Ecosport and Ciaz are two very different cars - I guess you might be in the same boat as I was. My hunt for a new car began a year ago. I had been driving a Santro for more than 10 years, so I was very eager actually. Initially, I was a bit confused on what I "needed" from my new car. Gradually, I realized that it wasn't just about what I needed, it was also about what I "wanted" - great build quality, loaded with safety features, bit-of bragging rights for me , good road presence, able to tackle both city roads and highways with ease, SUV-ish body type.

Cut to 29th Dec 2015, and here I was - a proud owner of Ecosport AT. I did have to stretch my budget (and take up a bigger loan). Anyway, to say it mildly, I am loving it! It makes me smile when I look at it, more importantly, it made me grin when I took it on a long highway trip

So, may be, if you decide on what you want from the car (and cannot compromise), it might help. Discounts are always tempting, but we should not end up buying a car which we don't really want.
vaeroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 19:29   #9790
BHPian

Balaji31582 :

Ford cars are build for quality, Its my 2 and a half year of ownership and the car is excellent for city drive and highway run. Plus the servicing cost is very economical with transparent mechanism of ford service center and online cost calculation is a bang on.

I have a Maruti as well but the way Ford connects to driver is superb.

Further, do take good test drive of both the car ( which shall include city and highway run ) and then decide which car to opt for.

Good luck
Old 19th February 2016, 11:40   #9791
BHPian

Something strange happened in my Ecosport AT while driving to office.

About 5km from home, suddenly the car stopped responding to throttle inputs. Engine was still on, but when I pressed the accelerator, the engine would groan as though the gear is in neutral. I moved the gear lever to N and back to D, to S and back to D but it didn't help.

So I slowly waded to the curb, put the car in P, switch off the engine, and started the engine again. Put the car in D and everything was back to normal, the car started moving as normal. Another 2kms to office was uneventful.

Don't know what was wrong. Car is 2.5 years old and has done about 24K kms. Anybody, any ideas?
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:18   #9792
BANNED

Off topic

The Kuga now looks like an elder brother of Ecosport.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 12:43   #9793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have an issue regarding the body cladding which now seems very old and faded. Is there any after market products available (online or in Chennai) which I can use that will restore the body cladding to its new condition..
Worth 3M and Meguaries have some very good plastic restorers

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Something strange happened in my Ecosport AT while driving to office.About 5km from home, suddenly the car stopped responding to throttle inputs.Anybody, any ideas?
Could be minor glitch in the ECU which usually resets once you restart the car.
To make sure you can visit the Ford ASS and ask them to hook it on to the diagnostics, which will show you the problem as a temperory/rectified or permanent.

Take action accordingly

Drive safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Hello everyone.
So today I randomly popped open the hood to just check on everything and saw this small pipe sticking out of what I believe is the airbox. Car was and is running perfectly fine and there was no "check engine" light on. Can anyone tell me what it was and if it caused any damage?
Seems to be a pipe for the Mass airflow sensor detector, just push it back into place shouldn't be a problem.Install a clamp if problem repeats.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 23:10   #9794
BHPian

The sun glass holder of my ecosport doesn't close completely. I haven't used it so far, looks like bad roads have shortened it's life. Has anyone had similar issues?
Old 29th February 2016, 01:42   #9795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
The sun glass holder of my ecosport doesn't close completely. I haven't used it so far, looks like bad roads have shortened it's life. Has anyone had similar issues?
Mine was also not locking properly, took my Ecosport for its 30k kms service and the service advisor caught that out. I did not have to ask him and he politely told me that he would try getting it changed under warranty, the part costs 850 and was happily changed by Ford under 3rd year extended warranty.

The left front power window switch was working erratically too and even that was replaced under warranty, costs 1750. Would post the bill shortly, extremely happy with the way Ford behaves for warranty replacements, no crying or cribbing over warranty claims like VW group.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks