Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2016, 21:18   #10021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...red-india.html

Congratulations Kumar gautam
Wishing you years of happy ownership.

Useful and must have accessories are different for each person.
Top of my post is the link to my ownership thread which has all the accessories I bought as per my requirement.
It will be easy for you to pick what suits you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
Hi Guys,
After a lot of lurking on threads on team-bhp, and dilly dallying, I booked the Ecosport Petrol Titanium today, golden Bronze. Have been given a delivery date 15-20 days away.
What are the must have accessories to add to this already loaded variant?
Any advice welcome.
Thanks!

Last edited by ecosport rules : 8th May 2016 at 21:21.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 01:30   #10022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
Hi Guys,
After a lot of lurking on threads on team-bhp, and dilly dallying, I booked the Ecosport Petrol Titanium today, golden Bronze. Have been given a delivery date 15-20 days away.
What are the must have accessories to add to this already loaded variant?
Any advice welcome.
Thanks!
Congrats gautam. I would suggest reverse camera as the dimensions of the car makes reversing a challenge. But haven't seen the company provided one in action, so check it out. Also leather seats can add to the aesthetics of the interior.
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 09:10   #10023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

For me, this feature of alltime powered socket is quite useful to quickly charge any gadget when I am away from the car.
I've been doing this all the time and it has proven to be quite useful.

Are you facing any issue with the current set up?
I am very forgetful and have lost 2 batteries in the past. I make it a point to remove the mobile charger before switching off but always have the fear of the battery draining off since my usage is very very low. Car is driven only over weekends so anything left plugged in on a Saturday will be discovered only on the next Saturday . I prefer it to be the other way. Need to see if i can find some way out.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 9th May 2016, 09:17   #10024
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I make it a point to remove the mobile charger before switching off but always have the fear of the battery draining off since my usage is very very low
Is the 12V socket in the EcoSport powered always?

I thought the 12V socket is powered only when ignition is ON and not the other way round!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 09:45   #10025
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I thought the 12V socket is powered only when ignition is ON and not the other way round!
Yup. It's always powered. Hence the discussion.
Old 9th May 2016, 09:46   #10026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

All Ford cars have this 'feature'. I tried searching on international forums and many have reported this as an issue. For some its a Pro and for some like me, its a con.
Old 9th May 2016, 09:47   #10027
BHPian

Ecosport's wheel nuts have an inherent design flaw of the edges wearing off too quickly.
One major precaution is to never allow the usage of pneumatic wheel tools and unscrew them only with the spanner provided.

Any update on your warranty for the wheel nuts?

Yes I managed to get all 16 wheel nits replaced free of charge and the amount I paid Rs. 4,697/- has been refunded.
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 09:50   #10028
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, the power outlet in all the Fords stays on at all the times. I am using a bluetooth car kit, so for me, it is a con. I have to use the USB outlet in my stereo system to power the kit so that it shuts down with the car and connects automatically with my phone when I start the car. The wires look a bit ungainly.

Last edited by AYP : 9th May 2016 at 09:57.
Old 9th May 2016, 09:56   #10029
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Yup. It's always powered. Hence the discussion.
Ohh is it! My colleague has a November 2015 model Trend variant.

The 12V doesn't work when the ignition isn't ON or in "Accessory Mode". Hence my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
All Ford cars have this 'feature'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Yes, the power outlet in all the Fords stays on at all the times.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th May 2016 at 09:57.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 21:48   #10030
BHPian

Of the hundreds of pages I have gone through, I couldn't find a single 1.5 MT petrol review or anything related. It's only TDCi everywhere. Anyway, I plan to buy the 1.5 MT petrol ecosport as the diesel does not fit my needs. My main concern is I plan to keep the car for 5 years and reliability shouldn't be an issue. How are the 1.5MT petrol engines with regard to this aspect? I currently have a Getz petrol which is 11 years old now and it still drives beautifully. I have somehow never really gotten used to a diesel car, although I did drive the ecosport TDCi for a few hundred kilometres, it seemed fine but I really want the petrol counterpart of the ecosport, having never driven it before and none of the dealers seem to have it for test drive, I really wanted to read somebody's experience with a 1.5MT petrol. Any help would gladly be appreciated :-)
Old 9th May 2016, 22:23   #10031

I am also considering a 1.5 MT petrol but everyone here has a TDCi or EcoBoost . Have nearly decided to drop the 1.5 MT petrol and go for TDCi . One of my concerns is also if i need to sell the vehicle , will i get a good resell value for 1.5 MT petrol . Most Ecosport i see in Gurgaon are only TDCi

Last edited by Babs2er : 9th May 2016 at 22:41.
Old 9th May 2016, 23:36   #10032
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Of the hundreds of pages I have gone through, I couldn't find a single 1.5 MT petrol review or anything related. It's only TDCi everywhere. Anyway, I plan to buy the 1.5 MT petrol ecosport as the diesel does not fit my needs. My main concern is I plan to keep the car for 5 years and reliability shouldn't be an issue. How are the 1.5MT petrol engines with regard to this aspect? I currently have a Getz petrol which is 11 years old now and it still drives beautifully. I have somehow never really gotten used to a diesel car, although I did drive the ecosport TDCi for a few hundred kilometres, it seemed fine but I really want the petrol counterpart of the ecosport, having never driven it before and none of the dealers seem to have it for test drive, I really wanted to read somebody's experience with a 1.5MT petrol. Any help would gladly be appreciated :-)
Hi. We have the 1.5 AT Petrol since last 3 years and have covered about 27,000 kms till date. Ecosport is built tough, to last. The Petrol Automatic is quite Peppy & in Sport mode, a hoot to drive in an aggressive manner.

The Petrol engine is quite robust & despite my aggressive style of driving (I drive in Sport mode on highways), the car returns about 11.5-12 kms per litre of petrol. Also, I have yet to face any issues with fuel quality though I must admit that I only fill up at company owned pumps.

Also, the automatic gearbox is quite intelligent, learning as it does from the drivers style & behaves accordingly. For example if my wife drives it for a few days continuously (its her car actually), the gearbox upshifts quite early since she drives sedately. But if I end up using it for a few days or we take it for a longish drive, then the gearbox follows my aggressive style and delays the upshift to higher rpm.

Though my perspective is of an Automatic owner, the engine used is the same so hopefully my experiences should be useful to you.
Old 10th May 2016, 13:47   #10033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
How to close the falp post attachment of the device.
It couldnt be closed normally. See my post here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/155189-american-beauty-my-ford-ecosport-titanium-1-5-diesel.html#post3718803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
you can remove the connector, push it in and plug a mini sized bt device. Closing the flap shouldn't be a problem after that.
Wow i never knew. This will be very useful. Any pics of this mod ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
For me, this feature of alltime powered socket is quite useful to quickly charge any gadget when I am away from the car.
I've been doing this all the time and it has proven to be quite useful.

Was the remap done via the OBD port or they had to open up the ECU?
The all time power on feature really helps and my battery never had issues on keeping a device plugged in for days. Last time i came across a thread of a owner trying to remap, and he mentioned that it can only be done after opening the ECU and not via OBD port like some VAG cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
T-O-T have figured out a way to do it via tge OBD port itself. The whole process took about one hour. That's it.
Thank you.
Can you link an article or give pics of the process in brief ? Hows the performance post remap ?
Old 10th May 2016, 15:15   #10034
Senior - BHPian

Surpirse!!
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20160423_073250.jpg

This was during my recent trip from Bangalore to Tirupati. The average speed was about 80KM/Hr as per MID. At one point it displayed 24.7 and the final figure on reaching Tirumala was 24.4! WhileI know these are just MID figures,It is very consistent with tank full method. My car has completed 45K . I think Ford needs to recheck the ARAI figures!
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 15:52   #10035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post

I've completed over 50k kms on my 1.5MT in 3 years of ownership and hoping that my experience below will help you make the right decision:

Performance - at par with the turbo siblings, of course acceleration is more straight line. I too had booked my car without TDing this specific variant but wasn't disappointed upon delivery. 70% of these 50k kms were recorded on the crowded streets of Pune, where on a few occasions, I felt it should have had a little more power to execute a futile overtake. However that's just a minor anticlimax, it really doesn't bother as much( lower gear acceleration could have been a little better). Highway performance is exceptional, I have done long stretches of 900+ kms in a day and the engine doesn't feel tired, there's enough grunt and response even at triple digit speeds. Mid- range is pretty strong

FE - ranges between 12 -18, it used to be higher than 18 but Somewhere in 2014, Ford had updated the ECU software and as an outcome the engine became more responsive while FE took a beating. I believe it was the right thing to do as the original tune had sluggish power delivery

Maintenance - Minimal, I was recently and pleasantly surprised when the bill for spark plugs and air filter replacement came out to be just ₹1450

Will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs2er View Post
I am also considering a 1.5 MT petrol but everyone here has a TDCi or EcoBoost . Have nearly decided to drop the 1.5 MT petrol and go for TDCi

I would recommend that you also consider the following aspects before deciding:

1. Total Cost of Ownership - while TDCI has a lower running cost, initial down payment is higher than 1.5 P. Back in 2013, the break even for TDCI was coming at 100k kms in 5 years of ownership.

2. City vs Highway driving - I feel city driving may be a bit more pleasurable on the 1.5P due to linear acceleration, so if you are going to drive 80-90% of the time on crowded city roads, you may not be able to utilise the expensive utility of the ecoboost.
Rajiv0909 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks