Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 13:41   #8911
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
You may not have DynaEdge on your next change. you will have CURVOs, which is an upgrade of the DynaEdge.
Then Curvos it shall be. I think I may have to change it very soon.
Why didn't you go in for Curvos of both sizes?
Old 15th May 2015, 13:48   #8912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Then Curvos it shall be. I think I may have to change it very soon.
Why didn't you go in for Curvos of both sizes?
As arunphilip has mentioned, apparently CURVO's are available only on 16" and 24" now on the site, and hence the combination.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 15:26   #8913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As arunphilip has mentioned, apparently CURVO's are available only on 16" and 24" now on the site, and hence the combination.
Won't this look a bit odd? I'm guessing they are a bit different in appearance.
Old 15th May 2015, 16:20   #8914
BHPian

Quote:

You would have read through arunphilips message on this again.

They are not that different in terms of looks. One is a an upgrade of the other.

But my curiosity is on whether it will look different/awkward in general, in terms of having these sort of wipers compared to traditional ones
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 17:11   #8915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have you bought that already. Curious to know how it will look and above all how it performs.
Yes, I've ordered a 12" wiper, so once I receive it I'll see if I can fit it at the rear (i.e. whether the hook is compatible), whether the size is appropriate (I'd read earlier on this thread that 11" is the actual size). I'll post an update here, so others can then decide appropriately, but to be honest, I'm only 50% confident it'll work as expected!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm hoping that both the DynaEdge and Curvo designs are roughly similar to one another and won't look jarringly different This is particularly important because the EcoSport parks the wipers rather visibly on the windshield (unlike VWs that tend to tuck them away beneath the bonnet line).

Quote:
But my curiosity is on whether it will look different/awkward in general, in terms of having these sort of wipers compared to traditional ones
This is something I can answer, since I am running DynaEdges at present. They look good. The Punto's come with a similar design from the company itself, if you want a comparison. Or, if you feel like zooming in a bit, then here's a picture from my ownership thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

Last edited by arunphilip : 15th May 2015 at 17:12.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 23:22   #8916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuc View Post
Hi, I took delivery of a 1.5L P AT / Titanium recently from Harpreet Ford in Gurgaon. I opted for various accessories packs which included the Reversing Camera with its IRVM display. The Camera has been fitted to my bumper. I discovered yesterday that the Camera's display on the IRVM is not visible (washed out) if its sunny outside and pretty much useless!
I also do not see any option for auto-dimming.

I was surprised that a Ford accessory (assumed) was such a dud (I am comparing this to my Elantra's stock reverse camera & display). When I checked on the Ford website, the picture of the accessory (both IRVM and Camera) is very different from what is installed in my vehicle. The Ford website image also has a button on the IRVM which I assume is for the auto-dimming function.

As part of the vehicle documents, I have a warranty card for the Camera and IRVM installed which is from a company called "3T Plus Technologies Pvt. Ltd." in Delhi. I discovered online that this is a subsidiary of the company that owns the Harpreet Ford dealership.

I called Ford Customer Care and the only thing they could tell me was that Ford does provide accessories for the Ecosport and they are covered by a Ford warranty. The customer-care agent could not confirm to me if Ford provides the Camera & IRVM display. He asked me to send an email with details to the customer care email ID.

Before I take this up with the dealer (& Ford), my questions are:
1. Does Ford India provide the Reversing Camera with IRVM display as part of the Accessories pack or is it the discretion of the dealer to fit what they brand/make they want? Never would have gone ahead with this if I had known its a local make.

2. Assuming Ford does provide it, can someone please post pictures of the Ford genuine IVRM and Camera in their car, so I can compare it with mine.

Thank you!
Closing the loop on this as I was able to resolve this with the dealer. They acknowledged that their sales rep probably did not make it clear to me that their own brand of reverse cam & IRVM would be fitted as part of the Ford accessories pack Vs. the one provided by Ford (& listed on the Ford website). Long story short, they took out their unit and fit an original Ford reverse cam unit & IRVM. Unfortunately I have to live with a hole that they drilled into the bumper for the camera as the Ford camera mounts into a different location. After a quick inspection, I did not want to make a fuss about this as its below the tail gate mounted wheel and not that visible. I asked them to plug it with something which they did with a rubber plug (Ref. blue arrow in pic below).

I was then informed that the Ford camera was cheaper by ₹6K, but I couldn't get cash back so would have to pick some additional accessories. My feet are now bathed in blue ambient lighting and the scuff plates remind my shoe soles which car I bought!

Hopefully my experience will help others buying at the same location. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordreversecam.jpg  

manuc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 14:10   #8917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuc View Post
Closing the loop on this as I was able to resolve this with the dealer. They acknowledged that their sales rep probably did not make it clear to me that their own brand of reverse cam & IRVM would be fitted as part of the Ford accessories pack Vs. the one provided by Ford (& listed on the Ford website). Long story short, they took out their unit and fit an original Ford reverse cam unit & IRVM. Unfortunately I have to live with a hole that they drilled into the bumper for the camera as the Ford camera mounts into a different location. After a quick inspection, I did not want to make a fuss about this as its below the tail gate mounted wheel and not that visible. I asked them to plug it with something which they did with a rubber plug (Ref. blue arrow in pic below).

I was then informed that the Ford camera was cheaper by ₹6K, but I couldn't get cash back so would have to pick some additional accessories. My feet are now bathed in blue ambient lighting and the scuff plates remind my shoe soles which car I bought!

Hopefully my experience will help others buying at the same location. Cheers!
Its getting very confusing for me.
My inside unit looks just like that but the camera is drilled in the bumper not hung like this near the number plate.
So does that make it a Ford accessory or an aftermarket one from the dealer?
Old 16th May 2015, 18:24   #8918
Distinguished - BHPian

So it's done! Shall update my ownership thread with better pictures and details tomorrow.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150516_155610.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150516_161821.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150516_161743.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 09:35   #8919
Distinguished - BHPian

Complete report of the projector installation updated in my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3709120
Old 18th May 2015, 13:01   #8920
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I've ordered a 12" wiper, so once I receive it I'll see if I can fit it at the rear (i.e. whether the hook is compatible), whether the size is appropriate (I'd read earlier on this thread that 11" is the actual size). I'll post an update here, so others can then decide appropriately, but to be honest, I'm only 50% confident it'll work as expected!
Sure, I shall wait to hear from you on this. Thanks

Quote:
This is something I can answer, since I am running DynaEdges at present. They look good. The Punto's come with a similar design from the company itself, if you want a comparison. Or, if you feel like zooming in a bit, then here's a picture from my ownership thread:
Great, they look great and to say far more upmarket than the stock ones.

And one more thing, I read a note from one of the senior-bhpians on the extra care to be taken while installing the new wipers in terms of cleaning the wipers, windshield etc. Any thought on that.

"Very curious as I should receive them this week, and this would be my first DIY on any car after my failed attempt to install bulbs on my ecosport myself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
So it's done! Shall update my ownership thread with better pictures and details tomorrow.
Top class !

Ecosport always needed two bulbs on the headlamp unit, and this aftermarket headlamp design should be noted by Ford as they should seriously consider improving the road lighting capabilities of the car.
Old 19th May 2015, 11:53   #8921
BANNED

Quote:
:

Arun,

The 12" wiper should go in and work comfortably for the rear. Even Figo has 11" wiper blades in the rear and I had heard and seen many people using even 12" and 13" comfortably with a margin left on top during wipes.
Amarkarthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 18:21   #8922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_ramesh99 View Post
Service warning (?) on reaching near 10K

My Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O) started showing a warning symbol (attached below) in yellow colour on reaching 9990 KM on Odo. There is no explanation of this symbol in Owner's Manual.

Is this Service warning? Or is it oil level warning by any chance?
Please note that there is an oil level warning in the left console in RED colour which goes off once engine is turned on.

Have any one faced this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is the service reminder. It usually comes on just before the service.
I got this warning reset today. I had already changed the oil at 7200 KM as part of the service. I had assumed that the service center may have forgotten to set next oil change km at that time. However, the service engineer who attended to me today says there is no such option to set next oil change km.

Any case, here is the procedure to be followed to get rid of this warning light:

1. Press brake and accelerator at the same time and switch on ignition (but don't fire engine). Since mine is a Titanium (O) model, this means press press start/stop switch while pressing brake and accelerator.

2. Keep both pressed for some time (I was told that 1 Minute, but could be less).

3. Warning light will now disappear.
n_ramesh99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 09:20   #8923
BHPian

I was expecting the fuel economy to improve slightly after the 1st service, based on the comments posted here by other owners, but after driving a few hundred km after the 1st service, my fuel economy has dropped slightly - it's now averaging 13.5 as against 14.5 before the service. My driving habits & road/traffic conditions remain pretty much the same as before (except for crossing 2000 rpm occasionally)

A few things that come to my mind are:

1) Decided against changing the oil during the 1st service - will do so at 5000 kms
2) Tyre air pressure set to 30/30 psi on all 4 tyres - was 30/32 psi earlier
3) AC is still set to 22 degrees, but outside temperature has gone up by around 4 degrees (summer)

Could any of these be the cause for the drop?
Old 21st May 2015, 09:39   #8924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
I was expecting the fuel economy to improve slightly after the 1st service, based on the comments posted here by other owners, but after driving a few hundred km after the 1st service, my fuel economy has dropped slightly - it's now averaging 13.5 as against 14.5 before the service. My driving habits & road/traffic conditions remain pretty much the same as before (except for crossing 2000 rpm occasionally)

A few things that come to my mind are:

1) Decided against changing the oil during the 1st service - will do so at 5000 kms
2) Tyre air pressure set to 30/30 psi on all 4 tyres - was 30/32 psi earlier
3) AC is still set to 22 degrees, but outside temperature has gone up by around 4 degrees (summer)

Could any of these be the cause for the drop?
One you change the oil the first time, the engine becomes very smooth. This is what I observed from my 1.4 TDCi. Ford A.S.S would generally recommend to change oil only at 10k or 1 year. Not sure about the service frequency fro Ecosport though.
Mileage drop can occur due to other factors too. Like change in traffic, fuel quantity and quality. When i switched from regular bunks to Shell, my economy increased from 12.1 kmpl to 13.6
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 11:19   #8925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
I strongly suspect this is the largest factor. Losing a km/L in a diesel due to the AC working harder seems on the higher side, but its not unreasonable. I recall from the original review the engine doesn't put out enough power to run the compressor when the engine is heavily loaded. This makes me wonder whether the load the compressor puts on the engine results in poorer mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
With the diesel, I did notice the air-con compressor cutting off if the accelerator was continuously nailed to the floor.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks