Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 23:19   #8956
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Could you suggest the best place for these on the rear.
Also I could see a slim teambhp.com sticker too. Which is the best place for that on an ecosport. Also please help in any special care to be taken before placing them.
I am having the Mars Red color, and felt only the Got Bhp ? black colored sticker matched my car. I am not a fan of pasting too many stickers and prefer a clean look. I initially put the slim teambhp stickers on my ORVMs, below the indicators (the black area). As for placing them, make sure the surface is clean and place the sticker carefully so that they are properly aligned and free from creases. Here is a pic of my car with the sticker.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20140831_132241.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadqueen View Post
And today (friday) someone deliberately scratched the car passenger side door while it was parked in my society . Can see the white beneath. And I am so MAD at the moment. Will camouflage it with a decal that I was planning anyway and maybe do a touchup whenever I can afford it.

I got Grey seats. So went and ordered black with red accents for rs.5000. Hoping they match the interiors or else will change them again next year. It will be ready tomorrow.
Sorry to hear about the mishap. As you can see the white area, you need to touchup immediately else rusting may happen. Why are you planning to cover up with decal? That will cost you a few hundred rupees i believe. Instead do the touchups for free. I also had minor scratches at 2-3 places, and everything got touched up. I tipped the paint guy RS 50. You can hardly notice where the scratch happened unless i tell you. They will use a paintbrush, dip it in paint and apply on the scratched area. Sure if you do proper painting and polishing it will have the factory finish again, but this is something u can live with considering these kind of events may happen anyday. Go to my ownership review page and see if you can notice where i did touchups I bought the OEM seat covers, they look nice although i dont like the Ecosport branding they have on them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-5-diesel.html

Last edited by Samfromindia : 29th May 2015 at 23:21.
Samfromindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 00:49   #8957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post

Sorry to hear about the mishap. As you can see the white area, you need to touchup immediately else rusting may happen. Why are you planning to cover up with decal? That will cost you a few hundred rupees i believe. Instead do the touchups for free. I also had minor scratches at 2-3 places, and everything got touched up. I tipped the paint guy RS 50. You can hardly notice where the scratch happened unless i tell you. They will use a paintbrush, dip it in paint and apply on the scratched area. Sure if you do proper painting and polishing it will have the factory finish again, but this is something u can live with considering these kind of events may happen anyday. Go to my ownership review page and see if you can notice where i did touchups I bought the OEM seat covers, they look nice although i dont like the Ecosport branding they have on them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-5-diesel.html
I checked it out. Cant notice any touchups. Where did you get it done from? I was thinking of going to ford and getting a quote. But I am still worried it will happen again. A kind neighbor (childhood friend) offered his space to me. His innova was scribbled over with a stone. He lives with it. My car is brand new. Not even a week. So i think I will get it done by ford.
I plan to use paint protection film all along the midline where cycle handle can do damage.

My previous car Swift dzire was backed into a tree within a month by my then Bro-in-law. The boot had to be fixed. So yeah been there. This doesnt seem such a big issue but MARS RED should be spotless. *sigh*
Old 30th May 2015, 01:14   #8958
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you get it done from?
I got it done from official ford workshop. They will always have some paint which they can spare given the number of ecosports which come for repairs. Try to maintain good relationship with the workshop people, and small things like these will get done without any or negligible cost.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 30th May 2015 at 01:15.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 01:19   #8959

Quote:
I got it done from official ford workshop. They will always have some paint which they can spare given the number of ecosports which come for repairs. Try to maintain good relationship with the workshop people, and small things like these will get done without any or negligible cost.
Wow! I was right then. Yup will go to ford! I don't think any local painter will have that yummy dual toned mars red.
Thanks Sam!

Btw I got GoodYear Tyres on mine! I saw a family get the same model with MRF. When I had inquired if I could chose, they said no. But surprised me in the end!

Last edited by roadqueen : 30th May 2015 at 01:40. Reason: added info
roadqueen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 16:04   #8960
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! I was right then. Yup will go to ford! I don't think any local painter will have that yummy dual toned mars red.
Caculo Ford will not do touchups unless they themselves scratched your vehicle. Even so, they do not have the expertise to conceal the scratch properly; at best they will fill the scratch with matching paint. If you want factory like finish, you can either 1) get the entire panel repainted by Caculo Ford at "premium" rates, or 2) buy 50ml mars red paint from DuPont in St. Inez and get any local painter to spray over the scratch and then finish using blending thinner, all within 500/-
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 12:31   #8961
BHPian

We took out EcoSport AT for a trip to Kerala. The trip was through the gat sections are we were completely new to AT driving. So took a bit to get used to it, especially the over taking and slops. It returned an average fuel economy of 16.4, it would have been a bit better if we were not stuck because of rains and slow traffic around Salem. It was rather sedate drive with max speed limited to 80 kmph. It was showing an average economy rate of 17.2 before the rains started.

What we do not like about the vehicle

- Interior plastic quality could have been better
- Certain sections are misaligned with big gaps, especially the joins between the dash and t he door trims. It should have been better on a car which coasted 12+ big ones
- We drive the Innova with the temp set at 25 C on full load, we had to set 23 or even 22 many a times to get the cabin cooled
- Alignment of the low and high beam does not seem to be proper, need to get it fixed/corrected during the first service. In the current settings, there seems to be not much of difference between high and low beam
- ORVMs should have been auto folding, it could also have been a heated unit
- Second row leg room should have been little better, all in family in 5'9" or higher
- Front passenger can not extend the legs comfortably while the seat is not full back
- No height adjustment for front passenger seat
- Sound of engine and the grinding is on the higher side in kick down mode. Had to resort to it in couple of times for overtaking
- Acceleration is not predictive in D mode, especially when you try with over taking. Bit of elastic effect, if I am not wrong. S mode behaves much better
- AC vents are not that ergonomically placed, the adjustments would have been better, especially for a 6 footer like me

Not adding any positives as there had been lot of postings on the same from many.

Adding a pic from the drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc_1001.jpg  

RSimonS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 13:04   #8962
BHPian

Quote:
I am having the Mars Red color, and felt only the Got Bhp ? black colored sticker matched my car. I am not a fan of pasting too many stickers and prefer a clean look. I initially put the slim teambhp stickers on my ORVMs, below the indicators (the black area). As for placing them, make sure the surface is clean and place the sticker carefully so that they are properly aligned and free from creases. Here is a pic of my car with the sticker
Thanks Samfromindia.

Thats a neat job and looks good on the car, especially on the Red.
Like you, I am also not a great fan of stickering on the car.

I personally like the Live to drive pic, but i feel the gotbhp has got he punch. and Above all the Live to drive yellow sticker is a bit common too.

Mine is silver, and i think yellow would look good. I am seriously considering GotBhp.
Old 1st June 2015, 16:33   #8963

Quote:
Originally Posted by princi View Post
Need some help.

During Engine Oil change, an issue came up with the type of filter. The my Ecosport Diesel (Titanium) had a different one (as in the picture) from what is available in the market.

I am told by a ford dealer that the above filter is not genuine ford. Since it was it's first servicing, I am not sure what it is. The part number for the ones available in the market and the above are same.

Is there difference between Titanium and other models? The available ones which may not be for Titanium does not fit.

Help will be much appreciated.

Regards.

Posting the pictures of the Engine Oil Filter again.
Can anyone give me some info on where the above oil filer can be sourced from?...it is quite weird to find one type of filter on the engine and another in the market.
Old 3rd June 2015, 06:33   #8964
Senior - BHPian

Would anyone know whether it is possible to fix electronically folding ORVMs on the Ecosport? Has anyone done it yet? I assume it is possible since I understand it is sold in some countries with those.
I believe the Ford Aspire has these.

Last edited by wilful : 3rd June 2015 at 06:36.
Old 3rd June 2015, 15:36   #8965

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Caculo Ford will not do touchups unless they themselves scratched your vehicle. Even so, they do not have the expertise to conceal the scratch properly; at best they will fill the scratch with matching paint. If you want factory like finish, you can either 1) get the entire panel repainted by Caculo Ford at "premium" rates, or 2) buy 50ml mars red paint from DuPont in St. Inez and get any local painter to spray over the scratch and then finish using blending thinner, all within 500/-
Got quoted Rs.4000 for door and 4500 for bonnet at Caculo. I am in Mumbai at the moment. So trying to find where I can get it done here.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd June 2015 at 15:41. Reason: Formatted Post
Old 5th June 2015, 13:10   #8966
BHPian

Has anyone tried a DIY for cleaning the AC pollen filter of the Ecosport? If yes, is it possible to share the details?

Off late I am noticing that the amount of air coming out of the vents is way lower than what it was when the car was new. The car has run 16K in a year with a few trips to some dusty areas. So I am thinking that the filler might be chocked. Please correct my understanding.

Thanks!
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 13:33   #8967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Has anyone tried a DIY for cleaning the AC pollen filter of the Ecosport? If yes, is it possible to share the details?

Off late I am noticing that the amount of air coming out of the vents is way lower than what it was when the car was new. The car has run 16K in a year with a few trips to some dusty areas. So I am thinking that the filler might be chocked. Please correct my understanding.

Thanks!
AC effectiveness definitely gets affected due to dust in the AC filter. They don't clean it in the regular service unless we specifically ask for. They changed mine at 40k and after that AC effectiveness is as good as it was new. The filter was never cleaned before and was fully clogged. It's near the glove box if I am not wrong.
Old 7th June 2015, 10:58   #8968
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried the spare bulbs provided with Ecosport?
I see that the bulbs that came with Ecosport are OSRAM Bilux and spare bulbs are of DELA brand. I replaced Ecosport bulb with Spare bulb of Vento, only to realise both are OSRAM Bilux . I am not able to find reviews for DELA in the net. Planning to swap current ones with Dela and verify the effectiveness.
Old 8th June 2015, 13:25   #8969
BHPian

Just came across these beauties at the Kairali Ford Service - Regional Training Center (Regional Training Center) at Cheranelloor (Kochi).

They look like brand new ones, do you think they have been painted by the dealer or does Ford give these yellow colored ones for training. But the color looked nice to me as they were different. But I don't think they might sell well here.

You can also see a few other cars in the RTC Garage

Quote:
I am having the Mars Red color, and felt only the Got Bhp ? black colored sticker matched my car. I am not a fan of pasting too many stickers and prefer a clean look. I initially put the slim teambhp stickers on my ORVMs, below the indicators (the black area). As for placing them, make sure the surface is clean and place the sticker carefully so that they are properly aligned and free from creases. Here is a pic of my car with the sticker.
Attachment 1376357
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the pics and inspiration. I have put the stickers on the same place as you suggested but 'got bhp" didnt feel that great on my Silver Ecosport. Instead I had the LIVE TO DRIVE on the same place. Sharing pics of the same.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-upload.jpg

Seeing the positive outcome on my car, my brother in law got the same sticker on his Swift VDi too.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-swift_upload.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_rtc-1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_rtc-2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_rtc-3.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th June 2015 at 15:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 20:40   #8970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Just came across these beauties at the Kairali Ford Service - Regional Training Center (Regional Training Center) at Cheranelloor (Kochi).

They look like brand new ones, do you think they have been painted by the dealer or does Ford give these yellow colored ones for training. But the color looked nice to me as they were different. But I don't think they might sell well here.

You can also see a few other cars in the RTC Garage
It's been there for quite some time now. I saw these when I went for service. It's there for training purpose. It's from the factory and they do try new colors to these vehicles.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed