Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 17:59   #5686
BHPian

Hi Guys !!

Finally got delivery of my White Ecosport TDCI (O) today !!!

Well worth the wait i'd say !

Now need help with the best mats for the cars and also DRL's... can they be fixed without the Projectors ?

Hated the mats that the dealer was selling.

Initial ownership thread coming soon.. Cheers !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Forgot to mention that MRP for Star 3D Mats is Rs.3200 and the price of the same for Delhi BHPians (who can collect from Store) is Rs.2500!
Which mats are these ? Can you please share a photo ? I need to have them delivered in Delhi so the contact information of the seller will be most useful !

Thanks !

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th November 2013 at 18:11. Reason: back to back posts
ask4gautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 19:36   #5687
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Would like to know whether anyone in the forum has upgraded to Philips xtreme vision headlight bulbs for the Ford Ecosport. If so how is the performance and how much did it cost?
Old 24th November 2013, 19:54   #5688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Would like to know whether anyone in the forum has upgraded to Philips xtreme vision headlight bulbs for the Ford Ecosport. If so how is the performance and how much did it cost?
I got them last week for 1060 from jc road, jk automobiles. There is a definite improvement over stock ones, especially the low beam.
You can only install them easily. I am coming up with the installation snaps in my ownership review. PM me if you need more details.
Old 24th November 2013, 19:57   #5689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Welcome aboard. I am in the same boat, waiting for the delivery. I suggest you to go through the entire thread, you will find a whole lot of things about it.
By the way, when did you book your car?
Thanks pferddestarke I have already read the whole thread,The review was very good. I had booked my ecosport on the 28th of july.
Old 24th November 2013, 20:11   #5690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
What changes do owners notice after 1st service?
In Maruti/Hyundai, they change oils and service the brakes, clutch etc and one notices a significant change in the car immediately after 1st service.
I presume that you are talking about the 1000 km service? Maruti does NOT change anything during this service. It's more of an inspection and tightening of nuts / bolts etc and hence a 0 bill most of the time.

For my Swift & dad's Wagon R, I literally had to push them to change the engine oil as they were quite confident it was NOT required and just an additional unwanted expense.
Old 24th November 2013, 23:44   #5691
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys ,

Congrats on your new rides.
Please go through the official thread and initial ownership threads of all the ecosport owners

You will get all the information you need.

Check the following link for my thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...red-india.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Hi Guys !!

Finally got delivery of my White Ecosport TDCI (O) today

Now need help with the best mats for the cars and also DRL's... can they be fixed without the Projectors ?

Thanks !
Quote:
Originally Posted by suv man View Post
I consider myself privileged to form part of Team BHP. I am at this stage awaiting receipt of of my Ecosport, ecoboost titanium(o) chill metallic from Elite Ford in Bangalore. I welcome feedback on the vehicle
Old 25th November 2013, 10:49   #5692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
By the way, got Star 3D Car Mats from Sai Mag Wheels, Delhi (Importers of HR/ HRS Alloy Wheels)
Hi ! Where did you order the mats from ? How do you get the discount because official price is 3200/-

Also have you fitted them in your ecosport ? I do not want to cut them after i receive them.

Thanks !
Old 25th November 2013, 10:51   #5693
BHPian

Completed 1k on my EcoBoost.
No problems so far and I have adjusted now to the change from Diesel to Petrol, in fact with my relaxed driving style I am not feeling the turbo lag at all, though it may be due to the conscious effort to keep the RPM below 2k and not trying to hurry up things.
Yesterday had trip to a local picnic spot inside a tea garden which was a complete trail drive of 5 km plus with lot of boulders and no/broken track.
She handled it with aplomb,though due to the steep gradients had to cross 2k limit many a times.
Over all she tackled the terrain with no problem what so ever. Glad I changed over to EcoSport and not another sedan.
Mileage so far 9.9 km (MID) , not measured in tankful method after so many have reported the MID to be accurate. All driving except 300 km is in city.
Though I have noticed the FE to be super sensitive to the driving style.
Planning to change engine oil tomorrow as a precaution.
Have changed the head lamp bulb to Philips Extreme Vision, the lighting has improved but finding it to be uneven as if some dark spots and shadows are coming in between, anyone experiencing the same after bulb upgrade?

Last edited by techfreak : 25th November 2013 at 10:57.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 12:51   #5694
BHPian

Is anyone getting a sort of clicking mettalic noise while running.
I started getting it recently, it is a faint - click-click-click sound.
Old 25th November 2013, 13:58   #5695
BHPian

Ford website shows some white streak bulbs as official accessory. I thought they are replacement bulbs for headlamps, but to my surprise they mentioned the size as H1 and H7.
Can anyone throw some light on this?
http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...=1249024493153
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 14:34   #5696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford website shows some white streak bulbs as official accessory. I thought they are replacement bulbs for headlamps, but to my surprise they mentioned the size as H1 and H7.
Interesting find. I didnt know they were listed on the official website!
BTW, whats your question? I couldn't understand your query.
Old 25th November 2013, 14:57   #5697
BHPian

Quote:
I just has a chat with the Ford executive. It is kind of DRLs. I didn't know until now that DRLs were available as Ford accessories.
blacksport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 15:43   #5698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

Interesting find. I didnt know they were listed on the official website!
BTW, whats your question? I couldn't understand your query.
Headlamps and fog lights of ecosport accommodate H4 and H11 respectively, if my memory serves well. But these accessory lights on their site are of H7 and H1. So, I was just curious what are these meant for?
Old 25th November 2013, 16:06   #5699
BHPian

Today I gave the car for first service to Metro Ford Bangalore after 2650Kms. I asked the SA to change the horns to Roots Windtone which I had brought. The SA simply said they will not fit any outside accessories. Now I am in a dilemma if I should go ahead with local mechanic fitment and risk with the warranty or keep the meeky OEM horns.
Please advise.
Old 25th November 2013, 19:56   #5700
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Today I gave the car for first service to Metro Ford Bangalore after 2650Kms. I asked the SA to change the horns to Roots Windtone which I had brought. The SA simply said they will not fit any outside accessories. Now I am in a dilemma if I should go ahead with local mechanic fitment and risk with the warranty or keep the meeky OEM horns.
Please advise.
The original Horns are not Meek. (In my view atleast) the sound insulation inside is very good. Pls hear the horns with the windows up or have someone else blow them for you with you outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Is anyone getting a sort of clicking mettalic noise while running.
I started getting it recently, it is a faint - click-click-click sound.
This could be tyre noise or certain road surfaces or resonance from the car when you drive close to road dividers. Drive with the windows down on different roads and see if you have it at all places. Also sometimes a specific piece of stone stuck to a tyre thread can also cause something like this. does the sound increase with speed (across gears) rather than acceleration (engine rpm check can be checked out at standstill or while costing in Neutral or with the engine decoupled by the clutch) (indicating it not something from the engine bay but rather from the tyres or worst case bearing - which normally would give a humming sound instead).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks