Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:43   #5671
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi,

Its just a Parallel connection and enhances the sound quality by atleast 20 to 30 %.

There is no need of a crossover unit.
A tweeter without a crossover unit? Hows does it work? where does it filter out the lower frequency bands?

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/h...DT_24_tech.pdf

If you look at the PDF there is a crossover, without which a tweeter will break down.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd November 2013 at 14:45.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:56   #5672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
A tweeter without a crossover unit? Hows does it work? where does it filter out the lower frequency bands?

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/h...DT_24_tech.pdf

If you look at the PDF there is a crossover, without which a tweeter will break down.
Thanks Vid6639,
Yes, that tiny crossover is part of the box packaging and the tweeter gets routed through that only.

Sorry,I was thinking he was talking about the proper big crossovers available with component speakers
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131123145237.png  

Old 23rd November 2013, 15:21   #5673
BHPian

Honda, Hyundai and Maruti are also planning to launch compact SUVs in 2014. Particularly excited about the Honda SUV since it will be based on Jazz platform. Hopefully, Honda will be able to sort out all issues that plagued old Jazz.

Honda has much better dealers and service centers compared to Ford. Plus, Japanese cars are better suited for Indian conditions and requirements (especially, fuel efficiency and low service cost) compared to American cars (though EcoSport was mostly designed in Brazil).

I'll suggest all those who are looking to buy EcoSport to wait for another year or so and then decide. EcoSport's poor ride quality, poor visibility and Ford's poor service centers are major drawbacks, and hopefully the new compact SUVs to be launched next year will not suffer from these issues.
Old 23rd November 2013, 16:41   #5674
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vid6639,
Sorry,I was thinking he was talking about the proper big crossovers available with component speakers
Now that makes more sense !
Old 23rd November 2013, 17:32   #5675
Senior - BHPian

Heard from the dealership that 'trend' variants are available within 2 months. Previously the 'ambiente' variant was available in 1-2 month interval, and now ambiente production seem to be stopped for the year.

Info as told by a friendly sales head.
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:18   #5676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Heard from the dealership that 'trend' variants are available within 2 months. Previously the 'ambiente' variant was available in 1-2 month interval, and now ambiente production seem to be stopped for the year.

Info as told by a friendly sales head.
Hmmm, according to K S ford Jaipur, Trend tdci bookings have been stopped and Titanium tdci has 4-6 months waiting. Are you talking about petrol variants?
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:54   #5677

Quote:

Regarding hertz tweeters I totally agree with you on the greatly improved sound quality part.

I had that similar bass note sound you are describing from the first day I bought the car, but observed that it comes only

1)when the bass setting is too high or
2)the recording quality is low or
3)signal loss during bluetooth transfer or
4)the door pad clips are loose.

Also there is no relation between the tweeters and this increase in bass note because tweeters primarily handle treble.

As you have observed the increase in the distortion after the installation of tweeters ,please check whether all your door pad clips/pins were installed properly.(Speakers fix to the door and not to the door pad.)

Hope it helps
I took the vehicle to the Ford dealer for fitting the rear bumper appliqué and at the same time told about the burr burr of the front
Right speaker .They were not happy about the tweeters that were fitted from outside which theysaid could hamper my warranty,for which made it clear that no wires were cut.They said that speakers are working well with USB &CD and were reluctant to open the doorpad.But on my insistence they opened and found that there was no gap for air to flow out through the flap that was there in the door and the vibrations were transmitted to the doorpad.we cut some holes and stuck a two sided tape to absorb the vibrations and believe me it is working like magic.Even the Bluetooth audio is sounding perfect.
So for those who have a similar issue it could be worthwhile to open the doorpad and perform "Operation burr burr"
Old 24th November 2013, 01:11   #5678

Has anyone got DRL headlamps installed in their Ecosport yet? If yes, could someone share details re pricing and where you got it done? Pictures would be really appreciated as well.
Old 24th November 2013, 07:34   #5679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvrock2000 View Post
Has anyone got DRL headlamps installed in their Ecosport yet? If yes, could someone share details re pricing and where you got it done? Pictures would be really appreciated as well.
Hi Dhruv,

Contact bhpian "Ecosport Rules". He has the best headlights in the Ecosport in the country today. Not sure whether you can PM him due to your newbie status. Check out his review in the forum for detailed pics.

Cheers
Old 24th November 2013, 08:05   #5680
BHPian

Went to Elite Ford ( Martha halli ) yesterday. SA told that they were not accepting any bookings for Titanium (O) Diesel. He indicated that there might be feature changes and price escalations upcoming. They are accepting Titanium Diesel bookings with 8-10 months of delivery time! He was optimistic that come 2014 and Titanium (O) bookings will start with newer prices,features and faster delivery backing it up.
Old 24th November 2013, 13:37   #5681
BHPian

What changes do owners notice after 1st service?
In Maruti/Hyundai, they change oils and service the brakes, clutch etc and one notices a significant change in the car immediately after 1st service.
In the case of Ecosport I guess they just wash the car, top up windshied fluid and oil etc if required.

The next service is at 10000 KM - quite a long time.
Old 24th November 2013, 14:08   #5682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
What changes do owners notice after 1st service?
In Maruti/Hyundai, they change oils and service the brakes, clutch etc and one notices a significant change in the car immediately after 1st service.
In the case of Ecosport I guess they just wash the car, top up windshied fluid and oil etc if required.

The next service is at 10000 KM - quite a long time.
In i10, I know for sure that they dont replace engine oil on 1st service.
You can always request them to change it on payment basis though.
Old 24th November 2013, 14:36   #5683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopakabana View Post
Hmmm, according to K S ford Jaipur, Trend tdci bookings have been stopped and Titanium tdci has 4-6 months waiting. Are you talking about petrol variants?
No, this is for tdci. I should have mentioned the dealer; it is Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore/Tiruppur.

The friendly ford guy said one month delivery time for amb/trend model diesels in some southern TN Ford dealer, but i don't have the patience to sit with the additional formalities.
Old 24th November 2013, 15:34   #5684

I consider myself privileged to form part of Team BHP. I am at this stage awaiting receipt of of my Ecosport, ecoboost titanium(o) chill metallic from Elite Ford in Bangalore. I welcome feedback on the vehicle
Old 24th November 2013, 17:51   #5685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv man View Post
I consider myself privileged to form part of Team BHP. I am at this stage awaiting receipt of of my Ecosport, ecoboost titanium(o) chill metallic from Elite Ford in Bangalore. I welcome feedback on the vehicle
Welcome aboard. I am in the same boat, waiting for the delivery. I suggest you to go through the entire thread, you will find a whole lot of things about it.
By the way, when did you book your car?
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks