Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 07:14   #3946
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I am left thoroughly disappointed with the Ford experience so far. Pre booked Ecoboost Titanium on 22nd June with Metro Ford, Bangalore. The dealer yesterday confirmed through an email that allotment is likely to happen in December 2013. Looks like its time to say goodbye to the Ford Ecosport.
Old 11th September 2013, 09:56   #3947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

This is also my understanding of how the process works.

Does anyone have an idea of why Ford (and possibly other manufacturers) do this? Is it to push legal liability away from themselves and onto the dealer?
Globally Ford has a central system where the VIN number is generated AGAINST a booking and a customer's name and is available throughout the manufacture process for the customer to track online. Strange if it has not been rolled out in India.

Maybe it has been rolled out and maybe Ford wants to keep it under wraps under dealer pressure. Anyone who knows about Ford dealers and their processes can help?
HighwayBuddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 10:38   #3948
BHPian

Used a Diesel 1.5 Titanium for a distance of 8 kms yesterday. I felt the front headroom to be a bit lower compared to other vehicles in the same price range (this one was stated at 10.25 on road mumbai/ mira road). As a passenger, it seemed the ride was a bit bouncy on the highway as well as interirs (handle grips were very much useful here) but it wasnt harsh or jarring, just rubbery. A nice touch was the extra 12v socket on the left rear between the seat and the door, however, it may be an obstruction while getting in and out if you leave a charger plugged in I guess. NVH was very very decent for a diesel vehicle, especially since it had just done 1000 kms on the odo.

As an observation, if you fit a child seat in the rear, you can have only one passenger alongwith the child seat. In almost every other car I have used recently, this has not been the case. Is there something I am missing while doing the seat fitment? Can one of the owners using a child seat guide? This is a key criteria for me now.

Have to add: The individual who got this vehicle, received it in less than 40 days from booking. He has assured me the same level of service if I use his contacts to book. I am not aware of the dealer name as of now.

Last edited by latentpotential : 11th September 2013 at 10:41.
Old 11th September 2013, 16:13   #3949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Which variant you have booked and what is the color? One of my friend who booked ambiente diesel, got it delivered from Chennai Ford with in 10 Days of delivery. He got delivery by 12th July. He insisted me to book mine Chennai Ford too and told me that MPL Ford delays the delivery than Chennai Ford. But as MPL Ford is nearer to my area I booked there. Guess Chennai Ford delivers quicker.

Also when did u receive confirmation call from Ford Plant?
Its good to hear that your friend got it soon. Infact at the time of booking when I approached MPL ford they quoted 7 - 8 months wait while Chennai for quoted 4 - 6 months of wait. Thats why I opted for Chennai Ford.

I have booked the Trend Diesel - Mars Red. I got the confirmation call around the third week of July. But the experience with Chennai Ford so far has been pathetic. The waiting for the current bookings for Trend Diesel is just 3 months max. But they just keep telling me that the car will be delivered by October last.
Old 11th September 2013, 18:47   #3950
BHPian

I have been following this thread since it was started. It has been very active and always at the top of the "Official Review" with quite frequent posts. It seems like after the price hike there has been fewer posts being made here. This seems to be representing the mood of the people who are expecting to get their Ecosport.

I thinks the Ecosport owners have to spice-up the thread and keep it lively by sharing some pictures or experiences with their ride. Let the scars of the price hike fade away.
Old 11th September 2013, 18:52   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I have booked the Trend Diesel - Mars Red. I got the confirmation call around the third week of July. But the experience with Chennai Ford so far has been pathetic. The waiting for the current bookings for Trend Diesel is just 3 months max. But they just keep telling me that the car will be delivered by October last.
So we both are in same boat. Am just behind. I still didn't receive my booking number from the dealer. Dealer are more rough while responding too. Insurance and accessories are being forced. Ford India doesn't bother a bit about these issues even after multiple emails. Guess dealers are their (Ford's) biggest assets and not the customers.
Old 11th September 2013, 19:57   #3952
BHPian

Some market intelligence:

1. Allocations are far and few by Ford to its dealers, One prominent dealer in Mumbai who is sitting on 900+ pending bookings got allocation of only 50 odd vehicles for September. Worse, only 1 AT and 1 Ecoboost, No petrol variant (except one AT and one Ecoboost).

2. In March 2013, Ford asked the dealers to give the demand forecast for six months. Going by the trend prevalent at that time, majority of the dealers gave demand of Diesel Ambiente and Diesel Trend variants. However, post launch, dealers' booking numbers were highly skewed toward top end variants (Titanium and Titanium (o)). Result: Total chaos.

3. Due to higher excise duty on Petrol vehicles (engine spec. of greater than 1.2L), Ambiente and Trend will never be produced/delivered in large quantities.

Folks who have booked petrol, AT, Ecoboost, Titatnium (o) variants should brace themselves for long waiting period or may negotiate with the dealers and switch to low end Diesel variants. If you choose to cancel, do that but not before creating a huge fuss as it may result in dealer waiving off the cancellation charges (for petrol variants only).

Bottom line, there will not be any quick fix solution to the problem.
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 20:30   #3953
BHPian

I happened to save the Ford EcoSport Price list (old prices) in July 2013 from Ford India website and when compared with the latest one, I see that the people who booked the top variants will have to shell out more money than what they were quoted during their booking - as the difference in price increases as you go to the top variants. Given below are both the old and new EcoSport price lists.

Old one - July 2013
Ecosport_June_2013.pdf

New one - September 2013
Ecosport_Sept_2013.pdf
pr_ans is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 10:23   #3954
avm
BHPian

Mod Note: Post edited. SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Hi guys!!
Finally my membership has been approved! Thanks mods
As an avid Ecosport enthusiast, I've been following this thread since day 1 and have read each and every post. You guys are brilliant!

I've booked my Ecosport on 29th June 2013 at Metro Ford, Bangalore. Initially i had booked the 1.5 P Titanium, but I've converted my booking to the Automatic variant.
I've been hearing news about the AT's not being produced. Can anyone throw some light on this ?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th September 2013 at 11:13.
Old 12th September 2013, 11:08   #3955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Hi guys!!
Finally my membership has been approved! Thanks mods
As an avid Ecosport enthusiast, Iv been following this thread since day 1 and have read each and every post. You guys are brilliant!

I'v booked my Ecosport on 29th June 2013 at Metro Ford, Bangalore. Initially i had booked the 1.5 P Titanium, but ive converted my booking to the Automatic variant.
Iv been hearing news about the AT's not being produced. Can anyone throw some light on this ?
Welcome to TBHP avm
AT's are produced but in very small number compared to ecoboost and TDCi
I have booked TDCi in cauvery ford and my SA says only 4 AT's have been delivered so far however next 3 months allocations seems to be on the higher side.
what was the waiting period that was quoted by your SA ?
anilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 11:18   #3956
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Welcome to TBHP avm
AT's are produced but in very small number compared to ecoboost and TDCi
I have booked TDCi in cauvery ford and my SA says only 4 AT's have been delivered so far however next 3 months allocations seems to be on the higher side.
what was the waiting period that was quoted by your SA ?
Thanks Anil.
Initially I had booked the 1.5P Manual Titanium, at that time he told me 3-5 months. But i converted my booking to AT sighting the tiptronic transmission in the S mode and the convenience of hassle free driving.
No timeline was given to me for the AT delivery. The SA told me that they've got about 80 bookings for AT and only 2 had been delivered. so well, the wait gets longer i guess.
Old 12th September 2013, 11:56   #3957
Senior - BHPian

The latest I've heard is that Mars Red & Black colours are in short supply, so people waiting for these colours - the wait is going to be long.
Old 12th September 2013, 12:05   #3958
BHPian

My brother in Mumbai has booked Ecosport Diesel Titanium. After a lot of persuasion the dealer has given a number : WF/CH/374

Can anybody throw some light on this as to what this means ?

Delaer is not giving any dates and just shifting dates from Mid Sept to End Oct
Old 12th September 2013, 12:40   #3959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Thanks Anil.
Initially I had booked the 1.5P Manual Titanium, at that time he told me 3-5 months. But i converted my booking to AT sighting the tiptronic transmission in the S mode and the convenience of hassle free driving.
No timeline was given to me for the AT delivery. The SA told me that they've got about 80 bookings for AT and only 2 had been delivered. so well, the wait gets longer i guess.
I did drive AT it was good since I'm big fan of Fiesta AT found it almost similar
but if you are not concerned about space and other features S mode of POLO GT TSi is a hooligan since the waiting period of that either is not less i would recommend you to stick to Ecosport booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The latest I've heard is that Mars Red & Black colours are in short supply, so people waiting for these colours - the wait is going to be long.
Yes Tarun I had initially booked Mars Red now I have given the option of White to my dealer he has delivered just 4 TDCi titanium and 1 Titanium Optional
anilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 12:51   #3960
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Well, with me, I had to give my dealer 4 colour options!!!
But my top 2 preferences are:
1. Kinetic Blue
2. Mars Red.

I hav'nt seen any Kinetic blue Ecosport on road yet! It looks great in the showroom lights, but I wonder how it'll look on road.

Any one of you has any idea / has seen it on road? Whats your take ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks