Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2020, 10:27   #12151
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
To get the best resale value for your Baleno, you should consider selling it to a direct buyer through OLX/Quikr or Team-BHP classifieds. You will not get a good deal by selling it to a dealer (or even services like Cars24) or exchanging it for a new car.
Thank you for your reply. I will check with the dealers first and then if they quote really low, I will try to sell as you said.
Old 29th November 2020, 10:33   #12152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I am also planning to buy Ecosport next month.
Just as you've said, going through the list of why you want to sell the Baleno seems enough regret on buying it. Which is why I'd recommend that you take extensive TDs of the cars within your budget. You probably already have. No car is perfect and the EcoSport has its shortcomings as well: rear bench is for 2 adults and a child (not three adults), suspension is stiff. Selling a car within two-three years isn't ideal financially, so you wouldn't want to regret buying the second car without being fully aware of what you're getting. Just an honest opinion, take at your discretion.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 10:54   #12153
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I will check with the dealers first and then if they quote really low, I will try to sell as you said.
Moving from petrol NA to turbo diesel make sure that you take a test drive on a jam packed road like in super peak stop and go traffic for at least 30-45mins.
This will give you an idea of heavy diesel clutch and the turbo lag and will help you make an informed decision.

If possible test drive the car on hilly roads at rpm < 2000.

These are the 2 situations that will make you understand the shortcomings of a diesel car and if you are ok with them go ahead with your purchase.
Old 29th November 2020, 13:24   #12154
BHPian

Thank you libranof1987 and ank.nsit, I will take test drive before booking the car.
Old 29th November 2020, 13:50   #12155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you libranof1987 and ank.nsit, I will take test drive before booking the car
You should ask for a long test drive and include both city and highway condition. Also take your family members for the test drive to understand rear seat comfort.

I prefer exchanging old car while buying a new one, primary reason is less headache in ownership transfer and chances of fraud is almost none. You may also get some exchange discount in December.
Old 29th November 2020, 17:21   #12156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I preferred selling my old car to Ford itself, because I did not wish to get into the hassle of managing the transfer documentation and prices. More importantly, they quoted what I considered a fair enough price in line with my expectations.

To answer your earlier questions, November and December are as good a time as any to negotiate for decent discounts at any car dealership. I managed to negotiate for a fair discount (around 70 thousand off the pricelist numbers) on the EcoSport S from JSP Ford in JP Nagar Bangalore. Last time around , PPS and Cauvery had both offered me less than half of what discounts I managed this time (probably due to the covid market in 2020).

Overall, the prices offered were good and the showroom experience was also seamless. It all worked out for me since the showroom is close to my house, making logistics easier. I'm not too bothered about getting a 2021 January car versus a car now, because over the long term ownership, the financial implications are pretty negligible.

As for moving from a petrol to diesel, there are some adjustments required to driving style (requires just a few hundred kms of driving ) but both are enjoyable to drive in their own way. I drive a City ivtec and now also the EcoSport - enjoying both equally. The solid slug of midrange torque in the EcoSport TDCI is definitely something else though, super addictive. She really starts flying once the revs cross 1600-1700 RPM. Finding it difficult to restrain myself from revving the sweet engine till the first couple of thousand kilometers.

Attaching a couple of more pics from today's short drive around city.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_img_000000_000000.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20201129_172532971.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20201129_172449385.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 29th November 2020 at 17:30.
arindambasu13 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:49   #12157

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Took delivery of my Ford Ecosport Titanium S TDCI in Bangalore this aftenoon. Smooth showroom experience other than some last minute complications with the loan procedure. Initial drive impressions are not really available since I have not even got the temporary registration number, it being an RTO holiday today. Could not drive it around too much. Expecting the number to come by Monday and number plates within a day or two of that.

Just drove from showroom till home , around 4 kilometers. As expected, fairly smooth and refined driving experience. As usual, the car felt like a solidly built vehicle, good size for traffic as well. Will need to get used to the heavier feel of the diesel engine, having been used to petrols all these years. The low end torque was very enjoyable though! Looking forward to clocking lots of kilometres on the beast
I also zeroed in on blue color while finalizing this fabulous machine. However, finally decided to go with Race Red. September manufactured and delivered in 3rd week of October. Personally, I don't like alloy design of 'S' variant, they look like a wheel cover to me instead of alloy wheels.
While driving I have noticed that the car pulls towards the left when I take off hands from the steering wheel. Did you notice any abnormality like this with your car?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-photo20201030075028.jpg  

Turbo Diesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 09:19   #12158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Diesel View Post
I also zeroed in on blue color while finalizing this fabulous machine. However, finally decided to go with Race Red. Personally, I don't like alloy design of 'S' variant, they look like a wheel cover to me instead of alloy wheels.
Did you notice any abnormality like this with your car?
Congratulations, actually the S version looks killer in any darn colour, even relatively staid ones like white, silver or grey. Your Race Red machine looks lovely!

The showroom I picked up mine from had a red S on display, and it was looking stunning. However, our previous car was a bright red Brio, hence did not want another red car. We also really loved the stunning blue of the Ecosport, so unanimously chose that.

As for the new S alloy wheels, I do like their design though the earlier 17 inch design was better looks-wise. However, it is a trade off for better ride comfort and to guard against the infamous tire issues on the 17 inch versions, which I prefer any day even if I have to compromise on the alloy design for this. Overall, I find the design to still be very good.

No, I have not had any issues on the steering pulling to the left or in any direction. Have you had the wheel alignment and balancing checked after you started noticing this? If not, do have this done, most likely your issue would be solved.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 4th December 2020 at 09:21.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:21   #12159

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

No, I have not had any issues on the steering pulling to the left or in any direction. Have you had the wheel alignment and balancing checked after you started noticing this? If not, do have this done, most likely your issue would be solved.
Glad that you have replied. I took the car to FASS when it completed approximately 300kms and they have ruled out wheel balancing and alignment issues with the car. Even, I didn't notice torque steer in the car under heavy acceleration. Attaching wheel alignment report for the perusal of fellow members.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img8790.jpg  

Old 4th December 2020, 18:50   #12160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Diesel View Post
Attaching wheel alignment report for the perusal of fellow members.
Are the roads on your commute, by any chance, biased with a left downslope (for water drainage)? That may explain the tendency to veer left. Does it have this tendency on all the roads you travel on, or just a few?

Does it pull gently or aggressively? Another place to look out for alignment issues, would be the wear on your front tyres. Any uneven wear across the tread would immediately mean that your vehicle has front end issues.

If the tyre wear is even over the next few thousand kilometres, I wouldn’t bother about it. Unless you don’t trust the alignment report from Ford & prefer to get it done by an independent alignment shop.

Another strange reason for the car pulling to one side would be lower tyre pressure on the side it’s pulling towards. Check all your tyre pressures.

Since your car is brand new, it rules out worn out tyres & accidental damage to the chassis.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 4th December 2020 at 18:54.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 08:49   #12161

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Are the roads on your commute, by any chance, biased with a left downslope (for water drainage)? That may explain the tendency to veer left. Does it have this tendency on all the roads you travel on, or just a few?

Does it pull gently or aggressively? Another place to look out for alignment issues, would be the wear on your front tyres. Any uneven wear across the tread would immediately mean that your vehicle has front end issues.

If the tyre wear is even over the next few thousand kilometres, I wouldn’t bother about it. Unless you don’t trust the alignment report from Ford & prefer to get it done by an independent alignment shop.

Another strange reason for the car pulling to one side would be lower tyre pressure on the side it’s pulling towards. Check all your tyre pressures.

Since your car is brand new, it rules out worn out tyres & accidental damage to the chassis.
For daily commuting, I use 2013, Polo TDI. Undoubtedly, Polo's steering is a bit on the heavier side and I can notice the same when I switch to Ecosport. I have driven both the cars and noticed that Polo remains straight and steady throughout the drive; however, that is not the case with Ecosport though. It pulls gently within a distance of 200mts.
I am settled in Mumbai and new roads in the city may be designed for proper drainage. I am monitoring tyre wear, checked tyre pressure issue as well. No remedy as of now.
I was thinking that I should book a test drive to assess whether the problem is genuine or not. It could also be possible that I am overthinking.
Old 7th December 2020, 17:15   #12162
BHPian

Got my Lightning blue beast couple of days back from Dhruvan Ford, Chennai. Absolutely loving the butch looks of the Sports pack and has been a delight to drive.

Only issue I noticed was the windscreen gets fogged up easily even with A/C running. Has anyone faced this? Is this something I have to live with or temporarily caused by all the moist sanitizing the dealer did before delivery?

Some pics taken during PDI along with my reliable Tiago
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20201128_114425.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20201128_113947.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20201128_114020.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20201128_113955.jpg  

WizSatish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 17:39   #12163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
Got my Lightning blue beast couple of days back from Dhruvan Ford, Chennai. Absolutely loving the butch looks of the Sports pack and has been a delight to drive.
Congratulations on your wonderful car!

I see that your spare wheel has only 2 lug nuts instead of 3 including the locking nut. Do get it checked out by your dealership.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-718dffa4e8854fa4b1b5cb706abf3995.jpeg
Just to verify; here is BHPian arindambasu13‘s EcoSport S which has 3 lug nuts.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 7th December 2020 at 17:43.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 18:01   #12164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Congratulations on your wonderful car!

I see that your spare wheel has only 2 lug nuts instead of 3 including the locking nut. Do get it checked out by your dealership.

Attachment 2090228
Just to verify; here is BHPian arindambasu13‘s EcoSport S which has 3 lug nuts.
Good catch. Observed during PDI and they had it fitted during delivery. Not sure if this is how it is shipped to the dealership.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 21:22   #12165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
Good catch. Observed during PDI and they had it fitted during delivery. Not sure if this is how it is shipped to the dealership.
Congrats Satish, you are right, this is how it is shipped to the stockyard because I had the same issue when I went to do my PDI. However, the third security lug nut was fixed at the time of delivery since it is unique to each car I think.

Nice choice of colour! Mine is the very same color and the S version dies look even more menacing than the lower variants, which themselves look very dope.

I have not faced any windscreen fogging issues even with the interior sanitization on the day of the delivery. At least I have not observed this- will pay attention and check this once again.

I am debating whether or not to put the spare wheel cover. The spare allloy and tire do get very dirty especially in rainy or slushy conditions, and I don't like this much. Did you consider the spare wheel cover for your car?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 7th December 2020 at 21:29.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks