Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-137.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvb8530 (Post 3166880)
For all those who have booked and taken delivery, has anyone opted for the spare wheel cover as an accessory. The dealer is quoting 12.5K for the spare wheel cover and 7.5K for the illuminated cuff plates. Can anyone confirm this price, i personally felt its too steep specially the spare wheel cover.

VVB

Nope not taking it right away, the spare wheel cover is 9.605K + 3K for painting. One can always add to this later.

The Scruff plates come in a combo with reverse camera with screen on IRVM and rear spoiler for Rs. 26390 instead of Rs. 28815 (if all three are taken separately) a decent discount if one wants to take all three. Have taken this combo option.

Quote:

For all those who have booked and taken delivery, has anyone opted for the spare wheel cover as an accessory. The dealer is quoting 12.5K for the spare wheel cover and 7.5K for the illuminated cuff plates. Can anyone confirm this price, i personally felt its too steep specially the spare wheel cover.

VVB

An accessories price list has already been posted in this thread (check page 115). Its 8175 (extra 2K for painting) for the spare wheel cover and 5225 for the illuminated scuff plates in Bangalore. Maybe with tax and labour it will be quite expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3166905)
Nope not taking it right away, the spare wheel cover is 9.605K + 3K for painting. One can always add to this later.

The Scruff plates come in a combo with reverse camera with screen on IRVM and rear spoiler for Rs. 26390 instead of Rs. 28815 (if all three are taken separately) a decent discount if one wants to take all three. Have taken this combo option.

Thanks ACM. I dont think i will spend on the spoiler and reverse camera let me see about the scruff plates.

Btw which model and colour have you booked and which dealer? When are you getting the delivery?

VVB

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 3166906)
An accessories price list has already been posted in this thread (check page 115). Its 8175 (extra 2K for painting) for the spare wheel cover and 5225 for the illuminated scuff plates in Bangalore. Maybe with tax and labour it will be quite expensive.

Thanks buddy.

Sorry i missed that post. So i am guessing the spare wheel cover is almost the same price everywhere and i will go for it, since i feel it wheel keep the spare wheel and alloy protected specially from the torrential Bombay rains. Still not sure of the scuff plates.

VVB

Quote:

VVB

If you scroll few pages back, someone had shared Ecosport accessory list. But i guess its tough to find it because of the amount of action this thread is seeing. Try to use search feature.

Between then and now, the prices may have changed. The original OTR i had received on 26th from Talera had the Tdci Titanium at 10.12lacs. By the time my loan process started, the OTR is now 10.23lacs. They have now made 3rd Yr Extended Warranty + RSA worth 9.5k mandatory!
I would personally use the price lists only as starting points, they don't hold true when it comes to actual payments much later. More so for accessories i guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3166934)
If you scroll few pages back, someone had shared Ecosport accessory list. But i guess its tough to find it because of the amount of action this thread is seeing. Try to use search feature.

Edit:
Looks like people have already answered the question.

BTW why do you want to add that spare wheel cover ? I am assuming you are going for a non-alloy wheel variant. I personally liked the look of naked Wheel. Looks aggressive. Is Ford providing wheel cap for 5th wheel ? else you can purchase one by paying 400-500 rs. Trust me it looks dashing and you use that money for other accessories. May be Fog lamps if you did not plan.

Mods, sorry for back to back posts. I wanted to edit the post but ended up clicking "quote" Please merge the two

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvb8530 (Post 3166918)
I will go for it, since i feel it wheel keep the spare wheel and alloy protected specially from the torrential Bombay rains. Still not sure of the scuff plates.

Both are really only for style. The other four tyres and alloys obviously go though a lot more than the spare wheel will ever go through while mounted. :) Also the security will be no higher. Infact it is quite likely that the wheel cover get stolen and the wheel and alloy remain. :)

Illuminated scruff plates cost a lot more than the normal scuff plates just for the looks, both serve a similar purpose though. The rear spoiler too is also mostly about show.

The reverse camera, the fog lights, carpets and mud flaps serve a purpose as does the GPS unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3166937)
Edit:
Looks like people have already answered the question.

BTW why do you want to add that spare wheel cover ? I am assuming you are going for a non-alloy wheel variant. I personally liked the look of naked Wheel. Looks aggressive. Is Ford providing wheel cap for 5th wheel ? else you can purchase one by paying 400-500 rs. Trust me it looks dashing and you use that money for other accessories. May be Fog lamps if you did not plan.

Mods, sorry for back to back posts. I wanted to edit the post but ended up clicking "quote" Please merge the two

Hey Raj,

I have booked the top end Titanium (O) variant so alloy wheels are standard and yes i too think the naked alloy looks best and enhances the rear look off the Ecosport but there are others who insist on getting the cover as it will keep the spare protected from dirt, dust and rain. So thought of getting one and maybe remove it whenever i use the car.

Now that you have mentioned even i have the same question is Ford providing wheel cap for the spare wheel on lower variants or else the rear would look really sad with just the wheel and no cover and not even the wheel cap.

VVB

For the wheel cover, I think better to look for a used Safari/CRV one from any of the local shops and get it painted, will cost substantially less. The older CRV wheel cover seems of similar size of the lower variants. Not sure about the Safari one, could be a bit more wider.

Also it might work for colors like white, black even the silver one. Red and blue will have color matching headache!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvb8530 (Post 3166961)
Hey Raj,

I have booked the top end Titanium (O) variant so alloy wheels are standard and yes i too think the naked alloy looks best and enhances the rear look off the Ecosport but there are others who insist on getting the cover as it will keep the spare protected from dirt, dust and rain. So thought of getting one and maybe remove it whenever i use the car.

Now that you have mentioned even i have the same question is Ford providing wheel cap for the spare wheel on lower variants or else the rear would look really sad with just the wheel and no cover and not even the wheel cap.

VVB

You are killing the car's beauty by covering those Alloys. They are the best design i ever saw in any alloy till date.

Your wheels take much more abuse when they are running on road.
So dont worry about protecting them. But yes, they dont remain shiny black if kept open.

If you just want to cover it and remove when you want to use it, why not go for a body cover or say a wheel cover(those body cover materials). or search for the guy who stitches seat covers. But this will only work if you use it while parking.

10K worth wheel cap is bound to get stollen :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3166947)
Both are really only for style. The other four tyres and alloys obviously go though a lot more than the spare wheel will ever go through while mounted. :) Also the security will be no higher. Infact it is quite likely that the wheel cover get stolen and the wheel and alloy remain. :)

Illuminated scruff plates cost a lot more than the normal scuff plates just for the looks, both serve a similar purpose though. The rear spoiler too is also mostly about show.

The reverse camera, the fog lights, carpets and mud flaps serve a purpose as does the GPS unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3166973)
You are killing the car's beauty by covering those Alloys. They are the best design i ever saw in any alloy till date.

Your wheels take much more abuse when they are running on road.
So dont worry about protecting them. But yes, they dont remain shiny black if kept open.

If you just want to cover it and remove when you want to use it, why not go for a body cover or say a wheel cover(those body cover materials). or search for the guy who stitches seat covers. But this will only work if you use it while parking.

10K worth wheel cap is bound to get stollen :)

Both of you are absolutely right and as i said, i myself feel the rear looks real butch with the alloy. However we are buying this car for my company it will be used for office to factory runs on the highway and hence more like a work horse, it will 90% of the times be driver driven so my partner has been insisting on keeping the spare covered although i was against it.

What i meant was ill remove the cover whenever i am using the Ecosport myself for my own use. The body cover material or seat cover material will destroy the looks of the car completely at least the original cover would still be decent to look at.

VVB

Anyone taken delivery from Lathangi Ford?
Wanted to know the additional charges - seems to be changing over the week :) as well as what comes under the standard accessories mentioned.

Initial quote for the A/T version was 10.49 which is now i believe 10.55.

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 3166906)

Hi, I had posted the accessories pricelist from ELITE Ford in B'lore, on one of the previous page(s). I remember seeing that the prices on that list was inclusive of taxes, but fitment and paintaing charges are additional as applicable. Think it also mentioned prices may change without notice.

Here's the price list at the Somajiguda Ford showroom here in Hyderabad.

Was surprised to see SUNROOF in the Optional Accessories booklet that the SA gave me to have a look at. But it mentioned only by Q1 2014! And the SA had no idea about it either.

I test drove the Ford Ecosport Titanium diesel and the Renault 85 diesel (base with no features) and chose the Renault for the following reasons:

Better handling
Better suspension (the Ford made me feel the bumps on the steering)
Better turning radius
More space for the rear seat, there were three adults sitting there who voted for it and gave a thumbs down to the Ford
Delivery within two/three weeks
Much better behavior at the Renault Whitefield dealership as compared to Lathangi Ford
Nothing is "mandatory" like at the Ford dealers, you can take the insurance from outside if you want.

I am missing out on a world of features and that was a hard call. Even things like ABS and Airbags, which are standard in Ecosport Titanium are missing in the base Duster (which IMHO is overpriced by about 1.5 lakh), but sadly, budget isn't permitting and the itch for a car is "now". The interiors of the base Duster are pedestrian but functional, another thing I have to live with. The Ecosport wins hands down on features, but my requirement is for a sturdy SUV-like car that is frugal, easy to drive (85 is pretty easy to drive in city traffic), and has good ground clearance (for Bangalore roads). I guess only if the Ecosport could accommodate 5 people, I would have gone for it by all means. It is way more futuristic, but like I said, it was a tough call.

But am not unhappy. Let's see how these cars perform in the long run. Congrats to all the Ecosport buyers. I will now move to the Renault thread.