Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-441.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3379258)
I recently fixed a turbo whistle in my tdci EcoSport . the whistle is heard with windows rolled up after 2500 rpm and gets louder by 3500 rpm.
Now I feel like revving the car more and more. the whistle cost $4 on AliE.

Hi Niks,
I have installed the same , bought from Amazon.com.
Size XL.
Colour.black.
The whistle is heard from 1800rpm and gets louder after that.
The car is a lot more fun with the whistle:clap:.
I think you need to do some more adjustment with the angle:)

Sorry couldnt follow for many weeks. Did we have any cost effective solution yet for people like me who only want the LED turn indicators in the headlamps but not projectors?
wondering if anyone got that done. :)

Nilesh5417, I have seen in the market daylights alone, this comes fixed below the Fog lamp. They quoted around 8000 for one set.

The Team-BHP Decals just got delivered at my doorstep. Just wondering where to place 'em on my car to get that priceless looks. stupid:

So I went to a Ford dealer in NCR to negotiate on a bundle accessories pack and got the following quotes:

1) Rear Wheel cover (with paint) -11K
2) Roof rail black - 10.3K
3) Fog lights - 8.2K
4) Door Visor - 4K
5) 3D Trunk Tray - 3.7K
6) Mud Flaps -1.2K (same OEM design)
7) Carpet Floor Mat (fabric) - 2K
8) Parking sensors + rear camera, IRVM display - 22K (these are not Ford OEM product, rather same after market ones)

Total - ~62K

And if buy all of these in bundle, they offered me 55K. I offered them best 40K, but they didn't budged, so left looking for after market ones. And boy, I am surprised what I found:

1) Rear Wheel cover (with paint) - 4.5K (same as the OEM in design with lock and key inbuilt)
2) Roof rail (silver) - 2.5K (same design as OEM silver color)
3) Fog lights - 2K (chromes 900 extra)
4) Door Visor - 900 (a different design, but nevertheless seems decent quality)
5) 3D Trunk Tray - 2K
6) Mud Flaps -300
7) Carpet Floor Mat (SunTeck - 3D look alike) - 1.2K
8) Parking sensors + rear camera, IRVM display (with 1 yr warranty) - 4.5K

Total 18K (around 45K saving :Shockked: )

Extras I got:
9) Steel Scuff plates 700
10) COVERWELL Super Precise Custom Fit Car Body Cover 2K
11) Original Stanley leather steering - 2K

so, total I spent 22.5K. And better, my FORD dealer in Manipur offered to install all these (the rear view camera, fog lamps, mud flaps, roof rails etc.) accessories during the delivery of the car. So, no worries on warranty. (They anyway don't have any accessories in their dealership to offer)

Moral Story: Don't be stupid. Go after-markets for accessories and save 3-4 times!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTNerd (Post 3379935)
1) Rear Wheel cover (with paint) - 4.5K (same as the OEM in design with lock and key inbuilt)
======
8) Parking sensors + rear camera, IRVM display (with 1 yr warranty)

Hey Man, I'm on a hunt for the roof rails and Real wheel Cover at good prices. It would be really helpful if you share the contact details of the Accessory Shop in Delhi-NCR. please:

Regarding spare wheel cover. You guys may think my idea is bad but I'm really keen on finding someone who can stitch the vinyl covers like the Tata Sumo and put it on the spare. This will be like 500 bucks and won't burn a hole in the pocket. The old CR-V had it and so do Jeep Wrangler's and Thar's. I don't see why this will look bad on an Ecosport.

The idea is to get a black one with no printing and put one of the big Team-BHP stickers right on the centre.

Still looking around in Bangalore for someone who makes them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTNerd (Post 3379935)
And if buy all of these in bundle, they offered me 55K. I offered them best 40K, but they didn't budged,

At least your dealer is offering some discounts and good enough to offer you installation of aftermarket kits. I too was looking to buy Ambiante/Trend and had a budget of 50k for accessories. However the dealer here wasn't keen on offering discounts. He quoted me similar price for roof rails, around 33k for alloy wheel exchange (5) and 8ish for font chrome finishing. Waiting to see your aftermarket kits. The prices you mentioned are very tempting, hope quality is good enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3380007)
Regarding spare wheel cover. You guys may think my idea is bad but I'm really keen on finding someone who can stitch the vinyl covers like the Tata Sumo and put it on the spare. This will be like 500 bucks and won't burn a hole in the pocket. The old CR-V had it and so do Jeep Wrangler's and Thar's. I don't see why this will look bad on an Ecosport.

I have seen one here. To be frank, the one I saw wasnt looking good on the ecosport. I think this particular piece was made of a cheap material. It reminded me of a shower cap. The one in sumo was kind of rigid but this was bad. Maybe we got used to seeing the OE wheel cover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3380122)
I have seen one here. To be frank, the one I saw wasnt looking good on the ecosport. I think this particular piece was made of a cheap material. It reminded me of a shower cap. The one in sumo was kind of rigid but this was bad. Maybe we got used to seeing the OE wheel cover.

Have seen one too, I'd agree it looks ugly however is more functional than the ford design

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3380122)

It will look really bad if it is loose and has lots of wrinkles. It needs to be a tight fitting one like the CR-V.

Something like this:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-stephnycover1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3380154)
It will look really bad if it is loose and has lots of wrinkles. It needs to be a tight fitting one like the CR-V.

Something like this:

Attachment 1213118

Exactly. The one I saw had lot of wrinkles and looked cheap. A tight fit would look nice.

A guy approached me yesterday on seeing my ecosport. He had booked the car when the official booking had started and was scheduled a delivery in sept. He decided to hold the delivery as many of his friends stated that ecosport wobbled a lot when cruising along at 120kmph. Since I havent tested high speed stability on an empty stretch I couldnt comment on it.

Anybody experiencing such problems? Am waiting to drive to Blore in couple of weeks so that I can check this myself. My swift used to perform really well at 120-140km in this stretch (thanks to wide rubber and functional side skirts which planted the car on the road)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3380175)
He decided to hold the delivery as many of his friends stated that ecosport wobbled a lot when cruising along at 120kmph. Since I havent tested high speed stability on an empty stretch I couldnt comment on it.

Anybody experiencing such problems? Am waiting to drive to Blore in couple of weeks so that I can check this myself. My swift used to perform really well at 120-140km in this stretch (thanks to wide rubber and functional side skirts which planted the car on the road)

Absolute rubbish. Any car will wobble with improper balancing. It has nothing to do with the ECosport in particular.

I am not facing any issues with 2 highway trips of 200+kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3380179)
Absolute rubbish. Any car will wobble with improper balancing. It has nothing to do with the ECosport in particular.

I am not facing any issues with 2 highway trips of 200+kms.

The funny thing is that the guys who said this to him ended up buying the ecosport. I also asked him to go ahead with the car.

I also need something like this . the pic was clicked by a friend in Dubai.