Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-491.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandy123 (Post 3448773)
This is my fist post, but I have been following T-BHP for quite some time as a guest user. I got my Moon Dust Silver Ecosport Titanium (O) Diesel yesterday only. I haven't really driven it so far - just a few kms, but before I take it to a long drive tomorrow, I wanted to thank all fellow T-BHPians for helping me (unknowingly, of course) with the purchase of my EcoSport. I especially want to thank ecosport_rules for this very informative thread.

For me, getting an EcoSport after going through this thread was quick decision, which was immensely helped by Noida Ford by a lighting fast delivery! Thanks, folks!

Hello Mandy123, welcome to Team-Bhp. Congrats on your new car. When did you book your car?
I have booked the same in December first week, 2013.:Frustrati Visited my dealer today. Metro Ford claims no knowledge of decreased waiting periods and said it would take another 3-4 months. They say they are allotted only 50 odd vehicles every month and the number of bookings is very high. I find it difficult to believe that there is such a disparity in waiting times in different parts of the country. Thinking of writing an email to Ford but not sure it will be of any use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjkonline (Post 3449007)
Hello Mandy123, welcome to Team-Bhp. Congrats on your new car. When did you book your car?
I have booked the same in December first week, 2013.:Frustrati Visited my dealer today. Metro Ford claims no knowledge of decreased waiting periods and said it would take another 3-4 months. They say they are allotted only 50 odd vehicles every month and the number of bookings is very high. I find it difficult to believe that there is such a disparity in waiting times in different parts of the country. Thinking of writing an email to Ford but not sure it will be of any use.

Yes there seems to be discrepancy in delivery date , from forum posts it appears they have reduced the waiting period in north (noida) drastically but in Hyderabad , Bangalore I guess the situation is still the same. I spoke to ford India and the lady told me that minimum waiting period will be 5 months for ecosport titanium because they are still delivering orders of 2013. I'd like to know from those who got their cars after waiting , do you get an update or acknowledgement from ford India about your order, its progress or we just wait ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjkonline (Post 3449007)

When i visited Meto Ford, they did not even bother to show the vehicle. They said they are taking bookings only for ambient. They had 1800 bookings done so far. So the disparity that you are seeing could be because the dealer has a big list to serve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3448942)
Is that ASC the only one in your city? No chance of second opinion or else go to any reputed accessory shop and ask them to check the wiring and the whole unit.

Anurag.

Yeah we have only Cargo Ford in Ahmedabad, which has 3 branches here. Due to monopoly customer service is very poor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EcoBeast (Post 3446428)
I have created this thread to share my remapping experience and other modification that I have done in my Ecosport, with fellow BHPians. I invite all Ecosport owners to use this platform for “showing off” the modifications they have done on their Ecosport.
Though I got my car remapped first, I’ll quickly share the headlamp modification of my Ecosport first, as I have received quite a few queries from fellow BHPians and I wouldn’t want to keep them waiting for long.
My next post will be about the remapping experience.

Hi Ecobeast,excellent mods I say:).The Ecosport looks completely different,better than the stock.Could you please PM me the name and address of the guy from where you purchased the headlights?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_r (Post 3449677)
Hi Ecobeast,excellent mods I say:).The Ecosport looks completely different,better than the stock.Could you please PM me the name and address of the guy from where you purchased the headlights?

Sure thing Rakesh_R. As soon as I acheive the BHPian status (which is just 5 more posts away) I'll PM you the details :) Newbie status doesn't let me send or receive PMs.

Hey mandy123!

It seems that you got your ecosport from Noida Ford. What was the waiting period like.? And which variant & colour did you buy?

I had booked one ecosport diesel titanium but had refunded my deposit due to looooong waiting periods at the same dealership.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks

Rishi

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidenzo (Post 3449657)
Yeah we have only Cargo Ford in Ahmedabad, which has 3 branches here. Due to monopoly customer service is very poor.

Ford!:Frustrati

You definitely should have a good accessory dealer so why don't you show the IRVM to them. May be they can help. I know warranty issues will pitch-in but try getting a opinion from them.

Anurag.

Using elm327 with torque pro is not giving me any fuel efficiency readings. mpg stays at 90.x constantly;

Am I doing things the incorrect way ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3450352)
Using elm327 with torque pro is not giving me any fuel efficiency readings. mpg stays at 90.x constantly;

Am I doing things the incorrect way ?

In the main setting's page go to 'OBD2 adapter setting'

Name:  ForumRunner_20140607_202315.png
Views: 3159
Size:  148.5 KB

See if the option 'Do not calculate MFG/Fuel' is checked. If yes, uncheck the same and see if the problem solves.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heis3nberg (Post 3448963)
Last month i booked an ecosport titanium at vibrant ford - hyderabad. The waiting/delivery time given to me is 5-6 months. I have read some posts here that delivery was quick for them , why is this difference ? One more thing is vibrant ford a good option ? Can other dealers provide faster delivery or is it the same across all dealers in Hyderabad ?

I have booked the ecosport petrol automatic yesterday at Fortune Ford. Called up all 3 dealers and asked for a 'realistic' delivery time. Mody and Vibrant committed 4-5 months, but the fortune guy told he could do it in 2-3 months. (I'm not sure if he is taking me for a ride). The Mody guy told they are delivering only 1 AT per month so it would take time.

When I asked the Fortune guy about the time difference, he said it depends on how many bookings each dealer has and maybe the other dealer has more AT bookings than us. He seemed genuine or stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3446447)
Me!!

Got it stitched in one hour and it cost me all of 400 bucks. Attachment 1246382

Vid6639,

It would be awesome if this guy could courier these cloth spare wheel covers to my place too! Not for everyday use but as a safety measure! Please let us know.

Thanks in Advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharathan (Post 3450605)
I have booked the ecosport petrol automatic yesterday at Fortune Ford. Called up all 3 dealers and asked for a 'realistic' delivery time. Mody and Vibrant committed 4-5 months, but the fortune guy told he could do it in 2-3 months. (I'm not sure if he is taking me for a ride). The Mody guy told they are delivering only 1 AT per month so it would take time.

When I asked the Fortune guy about the time difference, he said it depends on how many bookings each dealer has and maybe the other dealer has more AT bookings than us. He seemed genuine or stupid:

See, if you want a car immediately, then don't go for Ecosport. There is no point speculating the delivery time. If the dealer says 3 months, be mentally prepared for 5 months.

Fact remains, everyone is taking us on a ride be it Ford India or its local dealers.

My dealer has promised me delivery within 2 months from now. If it is not delivered by September, then I'll cancel the booking and wait for another 12 months for new compact SUV releases by Tata motors, Chevrolet and Maruti. It might even be a blessing in disguise.

Whatever the outcome, one thing is for sure - Ford has lost the confidence of thousands of potential Indian customers.

Note from Support: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharathan (Post 3450605)

I have booked the ecosport petrol automatic yesterday at Fortune Ford. Called up all 3 dealers and asked for a 'realistic' delivery time. Mody and Vibrant committed 4-5 months, but the fortune guy told he could do it in 2-3 months.

Nice game I must say. Rope-in customers and fill the advance booking forms but give a vague type of commitment to only keep holding onto the customer and show the finance department at Ford HQ that so many virtual sales figures. Now all at the top management are happy as the demand is high but supplies are low deliberately.

Since the ratio of booking:cancellation looks good in favour of booking, the dealers take advantage and tries to milk the customers saying:

1) If all accessories bought delivery is faster;

2) buying an alternative variant/colour will yield a faster date of delivery so the regular customer will change his decision and fall-in the trap.

Ford is playing a nasty game by not giving realistic dates of delivery. I can understand having a waiting period for a Ferrari or Lamborghini or Buggati Veyron since it is too sophisticated but the current cars sold in India have waiting periods beat 4-6 months is ridiculous.

So depending on your need of car (read urgency) the car should be decided. If you have ample of time then stick to EcoSport else go get something else that meets your requirement.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 3443139)
A quick note on the Goodyears, that seem to have garnered a fair bit of repute around these places.
Lately I observe that the Goodyears on my 8 month old car, display a propensity towards picking up sharp objects. I have faced two punctures now, on different tires, and the one that I fixed yesterday had a thick blunt bolt lodged inside. This is NOT GOOD at all.
Do note, that I am fairly regular in monitoring my tire pressures, and mostly maintain 34 psi of Nitrogen.

Am not too happy with the goodyears now. 2 punctures on the same day on 2 different wheels :Frustrati

I think it must have been a sharp object i must have run over, as both the punctures were on the same side. Same roads on the figo for 4 years with MRFs and not one puncture during the whole time.

On a lighter note, have covered 1000km in about 10 days. Yes, had 2 long drives in one week and am getting used to the car. I am waiting for the next 1500km to rush by so that I can rev up the engine a wee bit. Not that I am a fast driver, but nevertheless a longer leash is always welcome.

Highway drives: The car could do with a little bit more power, though feels planted even on wavey roads.

city: The car feels more than adequate.

Still have to get around to writing my ownership report. Plain lazy!