Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-481.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3438358)
I guess their 'system' which decided on the amount of oil has to be updated or my ECU has to be updated..

Such a simple thing and these Ford guys right from the top to bottom are are fumbling with it.

Common sense is so uncommon indeed. Seriously, don't they even know how much oil it takes?

Folks, I booked my Ecosport Titanium Diesel on Dussehra day and was quoted a wait period of 6-8 months. The 8 months are getting over soon and still there is no sign of the vehicle delivery. I am contemplating cancelling the booking and instead await the launch of S cross and a few others early next year. More than anything, the desire to own this vehicle is somewhat diluted, there being so many Ecosport on Bangalore roads these days. For folks who may have cancelled the ES, are they cutting anything from the booking amount or giving full refund? Does it make sense to cancel at this stage, esp with Auto tycoons expecting further excise benefits from new Govt which may bring prices down further? I am bit uncertain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3438358)
The 'corporate office' seems to have passed on instructions to the workshop.

Whatever it is, if so many workshops in the country have been putting the wrong amount of oil, Ford is going to have quite a few calls as the news spreads.

This is bad on part of Ford to have such silly issues happening that to with their flagship model. They do need to get into the core of this mis-print / mis-communications and resolve it before cars flow-in will failed TC seals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluestallion (Post 3438445)
Folks, I booked my Ecosport Titanium Diesel on Dussehra day and was quoted a wait period of 6-8 months. The 8 months are getting over soon and still there is no sign of the vehicle delivery.

Does it make sense to cancel at this stage, esp with Auto tycoons expecting further excise benefits from new Govt which may bring prices down further? I am bit uncertain.

8 Months! :Shockked:

Hats off to you for that patience to wait for such long. I can't wait.

Not at all correct on part of Ford to keep customers waiting such long for a car. I know it is a good one but there must be a limit to keep people waiting for anything. They are loosing more customers than gaining. Not sure what the corporate heads are doing up there?!

I would have cancelled and bought any other car right away, If I were you.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnair (Post 3438370)
Where in tail gate is this getting applied ?

I'll send a picture.I've circled the places where they applied the grease.(I've taken the picture from the official review)

Quote:

Folks, I booked my Ecosport Titanium Diesel on Dussehra day and was quoted a wait period of 6-8 months. The 8 months are getting over soon and still there is no sign of the vehicle delivery. I am contemplating cancelling the booking

Well, you are one patient man. :) And patience, they say, is a virtue of all great men.

I think it's wise to cancel your booking if there's no sign of your car. I can't understand this waiting period in the 21st century. Three or four weeks should be the worst case for waiting these days. And suppose it's a rare model(like an Innova petrol), maybe two months is ok.

The dealer must not take any cancellation charges. He's sitting with the interest on your advance payment.

Let me warn you though: The S-cross will be expensive. It's not sub-4 metre and comes with the higher capacity engine. I think it might cost you 11~13 lakh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4D (Post 3438538)
Three or four weeks should be the worst case for waiting these days. And suppose it's a rare model(like an Innova petrol), maybe two months is ok.

The dealer must not take any cancellation charges. He's sitting with the interest on your advance payment.

+1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4D (Post 3438538)
Let me warn you though: The S-cross will be expensive. It's not sub-4 metre and comes with the higher capacity engine. I think it might cost you 11~13 lakh.

Isn't the EcoSport going to be 11L OTR? And moreover better than waiting for 8 months for a car that is in dreams but not in the garage.

Anurag.

I just did my 10k Km service a couple of weeks back. After the service I checked the level of engine oil using the dipstick. I was shocked to see that it was only at about 1/3rd of the whole measure in the dip stick upto which the oil was available. Spoke to the service advisor immediately and he asked me to check the level after letting the car to cool for 8hr. I checked again each day in the morning for three days and the result was the same.
Is it the same for all you guys who had recently changed oil? Or have the service guys not filled the oil completely?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3438548)
Isn't the EcoSport going to be 11L OTR? And moreover better than waiting for 8 months for a car that is in dreams but not in the garage.

Anurag.

Yup Titanium (O) diesel was 11.7L last December when I got mine. Should be a little more now or around the same in Bangalore.

You should only book an EcoSport if you are in no hurry to get a car and don't mind parking 50K for a few months. I booked mine in June and got it in December but had a Figo so was in no hurry.

If you need a car as a necessity don't even bother with the Ecosport. Walk over to the Renault showroom and get the Duster 85PS or get the new City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude300 (Post 3438553)
Is it the same for all you guys who had recently changed oil? Or have the service guys not filled the oil completely?

Here goes another customer with the oil filling quantity problem. Please click snaps etc to write to Ford and your ASC. Such an issue needs to be highlighted but first talk to your ASC and ask for the reason to this mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3438554)

If you need a car as a necessity don't even bother with the Ecosport. Walk over to the Renault showroom and get the Duster 85PS or get the new City.

Exactly, there are many cars that are available within a day or two. Worst case someone can buy an Ertiga in 'Z' variant and be happy, overall a nice car.

Anurag.

Quote:

Folks, I booked my Ecosport Titanium Diesel on Dussehra day and was quoted a wait period of 6-8 months. The 8 months are getting over soon and still there is no sign of the vehicle delivery. I am contemplating cancelling the booking and instead await the launch of S cross and a few others early next year. More than anything, the desire to own this vehicle is somewhat diluted, there being so many Ecosport on Bangalore roads these days. For folks who may have cancelled the ES, are they cutting anything from the booking amount or giving full refund? Does it make sense to cancel at this stage, esp with Auto tycoons expecting further excise benefits from new Govt which may bring prices down further? I am bit uncertain.

I wonder how can they keep you waiting 8 months for the diesel model, as most people got it within 3 months. 8 months is petrol automatic territory.
Refunding whole amount will depend on your negotiation skills, of course they will insist that its their policy to deduct 3k and so on, however you need to tell them that they couldn't keep up with their delivery time so you need a full refund. If prices are brought down further it will be for all cars not just Ecosport. Maybe Fiat Avventura is worth a shot.

Does the Ecosport Diesel has a Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3438404)
Such a simple thing and these Ford guys right from the top to bottom are are fumbling with it.

Common sense is so uncommon indeed. Seriously, don't they even know how much oil it takes?

It's a Ford crap. For me they filled up 4.6L and then when Anurag pointed this and I fought back then they agreed to drain out excess oil.
Ford is a crazy and poor company. I have decided to sell off mine Ecosport and the service part is very very shabby and very very poor. They have nobody who listens to you.

People who all are waiting for their bookings I would recommend to quit and buy something else. Seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3438525)
I'll send a picture.I've circled the places where they applied the grease.(I've taken the picture from the official review)

I think grease from any good brand will do for the application you are pointing out to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude300 (Post 3438553)
I just did my 10k Km service a couple of weeks back. I checked again each day in the morning for three days and the result was the same.

The dipstick has max and min markings, I suggest you check it again on a cold engine.
Posting a picture also will give a better idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3438684)

Yes it does have a DPF.Any particular reason for expressing this doubt?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3438689)

Ford is a crazy and poor company. I have decided to sell off mine Ecosport and the service part is very very shabby and very very poor. They have nobody who listens to you.

People who all are waiting for their bookings I would recommend to quit and buy something else. Seriously.

Oops!

Wasn't there any update from Ford regarding your car's issue? Not any kind if diagnosis helped? What does Ford have to say?

So are you really selling it off and buying something else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3438684)

Most BS4 vehicles have the DPF installed.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3438691)

Yes it does have a DPF.Any particular reason for expressing this doubt?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3438703)
Oops!

Most BS4 vehicles have the DPF installed.

Anurag.

Guys, I'm pretty sure that there is no DPF on the Ecosport and infact not there on majority of cars sold in India.

The reason being BS4 does not need DPF it's BS5 which needs DPF. Moreover DPF is prohibitively expensive and regeneration is not easy. It also needs better diesel fuel quality itself. Apart from the CBU cars there is no car manufactured in India with a DPF. I'm pretty sure of this.

DPF is a big step and India has still not gone ahead with this because of the problem associated with it.