Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-484.html)

It seems like the waiting period for Ecosport has come under one month and they are trying to call back all prospects whom they treated shabbily in case they are still in market looking for car.lol:
Got a call from Cargo,Ahmedabad and the SA promised me delivery within 1 month as all backlogs are cleared (this is for Titanium model). I gave him my peace of mind for how they behaved during initial days and treated customers like shit. The same customers have now moved to bigger and better cars at same price point.

Whattey sadistic relief :D

Got a call from the SA.

My ecosport has arrived at the stock yard. I had booked it on the 12 th of may and that is 15 days for a titanium option diesel :)

I am going to the stock yard tomorrow to do my PDI with the tbhp check list. any last minute advice?!

I guess the demand must have dropped dramatically for the ecosport these days, neither the SA or the team leader sales objected to me taking insurance from outside. I also declined all accessories and am planning to only take up extended warranty as of now.

I got a decent quote from HDFC ERGO with zero dep and have already purchased 3d mats online for the ecosport :D

who knows, may be discouts for the ecosport in a few months..

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3442635)
Got a call from the SA.

My ecosport has arrived at the stock yard. I had booked it on the 12 th of may and that is 15 days for a titanium option diesel :)

Wow and i am waiting 2 months for Mars Red Titanium (O) Diesel :Shockked:
I wanted the ecoboost engine so bad but skipped that just for the waiting period. Wonder what the Ford dealers here are upto.

Mine is mars red too. Apparently the white has a longer wait here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3442635)
I got a decent quote from HDFC ERGO with zero dep .

diff, ensure that HDFC ERGO got a tie-up with Ford service. Royal Sundaram gives the most hassle free experience, in my opinion.

It is apparently not covered under warranty as they say it is due to 'consumer abuse.'

Facts are like this:
* I was not able to insert a USB pen drive in the given usb slot.
* Service Centre (SC) said consumer abuse - I said ok fine replace the slot.
* SC should be around 1500 to 2000! Though I found it very high, I said ok go ahead and replace.
* Then SC said, spares not in stock.
* Then they said they have to open the entire dashboard to check the spare part no.
* Now after keeping the vehicle for a day they say 18,000/- !

I asked for an official estimate for the work - they first refused. but have now given. I will check the same and post. Will also write to ford on it.

THANKS to everyone who posted on the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundManiac (Post 3442954)
It is apparently not covered under warranty as they say it is due to 'consumer abuse.'

Facts are like this:
* I was not able to insert a USB pen drive in the given usb slot.
* Service Centre (SC) said consumer abuse - I said ok fine replace the slot.
* SC should be around 1500 to 2000! Though I found it very high, I said ok go ahead and replace.
* Then SC said, spares not in stock.
* Then they said they have to open the entire dashboard to check the spare part no.
* Now after keeping the vehicle for a day they say 18,000/- !

I asked for an official estimate for the work - they first refused. but have now given. I will check the same and post. Will also write to ford on it.

THANKS to everyone who posted on the same.

1) Ask them to prove "customer abuse". Is it that you tried to insert an "oversize" USB stick and broke it?

2) If it indeed is a problem with the USB port, don't bother with the service center. Buy a USB cable (with a female port) open the thing and connect it directly to the cable. If it does not fit correctly to the slot, let it dangle.

No use spending 18K on such a small thing.

EDIT: Or try this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...528620012.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3442692)
diff, ensure that HDFC ERGO got a tie-up with Ford service. Royal Sundaram gives the most hassle free experience, in my opinion.

Thanks for the warning.agree:
I am kinda confused because the ford dealer recommended ones are almost close to 40 K for a bumper to bumper cover (almost 40% more).

I had HDFC ERGO for my Figo and it was smooth for a claim in the same service centre. So I thought I would take a plunge with these guys.

Fingers crossed!

Had a detailed chat with the SA regarding waiting periods.

Chap was quite frank. We are concentrationg only on diesel cars. Not taking bookings for any version of the petrol. Bookings have come down. all diesels except the Titanium opt is available in <7 weeks. Tita opt is about 8-10 weeks. These are the worst case senarios apparantly. I guess it can be believed, as my car is ready in 15 days!

They insisted on extended warranty at the time of delivery and are sure it cannot be added on later. I have told them i would get back at the time of delivery. Should i take it at the time of delivery or should I wait for 2 years?

Visited the stockyard. Car was parked along with about 20 other ecosports (wonder why the wait). Most were silver and white with a few blacks and sea greys. only 3 red and one is going to be mine.

VIN says May 2014. Car is shod with Goodyears :)

Overall good. so all paperwork moving, will get the car on Friday..

A quick note on the Goodyears, that seem to have garnered a fair bit of repute around these places.
Lately I observe that the Goodyears on my 8 month old car, display a propensity towards picking up sharp objects. I have faced two punctures now, on different tires, and the one that I fixed yesterday had a thick blunt bolt lodged inside. This is NOT GOOD at all.
Do note, that I am fairly regular in monitoring my tire pressures, and mostly maintain 34 psi of Nitrogen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 3443139)
A quick note on the Goodyears, that seem to have garnered a fair bit of repute around these places.
Lately I observe that the Goodyears on my 8 month old car, display a propensity towards picking up sharp objects. I have faced two punctures now, on different tires, and the one that I fixed yesterday had a thick blunt bolt lodged inside. This is NOT GOOD at all.
Do note, that I am fairly regular in monitoring my tire pressures, and mostly maintain 34 psi of Nitrogen.

That is not very encouraging. I was of the opinion that the goodyear assurance were better when compared to the other options, may be MRFs are better for indian roads.

I had a similir (large blunt bolt) in my BMW runflat. Had to replace the tyre. Maybe all those: "performance / good" tyres dont do well in India :

Well. I dont av much choice now. So, will update on my puncture history when I get my car:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3441720)
The service reminder comes at 9994 kms. Since I already got the car serviced, I manually cleared the service reminder.

My car has reached 10,200 kms, for some reasons I haven't been able to give it for 2nd service yet. But the service reminder hasn't still appeared in my vehicle. Any specific reason for it?? Is there a problem I should get it checked for??

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidenzo (Post 3443226)
My car has reached 10,200 kms, for some reasons I haven't been able to give it for 2nd service yet. But the service reminder hasn't still appeared in my vehicle. Any specific reason for it?? Is there a problem I should get it checked for??

I suggest you to give it for service asap. Many manufacturers will give some lame excuse when you give it for service after crossing the service period. As for the notification, it might be a software glitch. Get that checked too.

Hello All,

A quick Update on my EcoSport

Just returned from a 3N-4D trip to Pondicherry from Bangalore. Started from Bangalore (E-City) at 7 AM & reached Pondicherry at 12:00 PM. On return journey took the same route. Started from Pondicherry at 10:30 AM & reached Bangalore (E-City) at 4 PM. Faced traffic for the last 50 odd KMs. Mileage with AC: Onward ~ 14 kmpl, Return ~ 13 kmpl. I feel the mileage should be a little better than this

The drive was so smooth that my 18 months old Daughter in the Baby seat at the rear bench was sleeping peacefully all through the drive. Kudos to Ford for the superb ride & handling.

Also did a Pondicherry-Mahabalipuram-Pondicherry On the ECR. Loved the drive, even though being a Single lane road without a Median .

As the KM's in my EcoSport's odometer keeps on increasing, so is My love for it.

Called my SA to check the status of my booking. It has been almost 3 weeks since I booked EcoSport 1.5 Petrol Titanium.

The SA is still saying that it will take another 2 months, and that I will get an email from Ford once the allotment is done.

It is evident from above posts that diesel cars waiting period has reduced to just 2-3 weeks. Any idea why petrol cars are taking so long? I'm guessing that diesel cars are more in demand, so it seems to be counter-intuitive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsunn (Post 3443364)
Called my SA to check the status of my booking. It has been almost 3 weeks since I booked EcoSport 1.5 Petrol Titanium.

The SA is still saying that it will take another 2 months, and that I will get an email from Ford once the allotment is done.

It is evident from above posts that diesel cars waiting period has reduced to just 2-3 weeks. Any idea why petrol cars are taking so long? I'm guessing that diesel cars are more in demand, so it seems to be counter-intuitive.

i would probably think that more of the petrol is exported. So they are able to suppy the diesels quicker. Just a theory though