Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-483.html)

Dunno whether this has been pointed out earlier but during my long TD today, I found out that the suspension is very clunky & audible over sharp bumps & speedbreakers. Also found the ride quality stiff & looks like Ford has opted for a harder suspension setting. Maybe this was done to give it superior driving dynamics but the ride quality has suffered significantly.

Also on the Interiors, pretty much like the Duster's drivers side power window switch panel, Ecosports panel also fouls with right knee.

These are a few quirks I came across. Otherwise the drive was good, apart from the fact that low end torque is lethargic, takes its own sweet time to gain momentum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAD (Post 3439019)
Hi ACM,

You will recall my posts on the Aria in your earlier thread on the same. While, I still have the Aria (going strong @ 98000 ams), Following your footsteps, I am also taking delivery of Ecosport AT soon. Just wanted to know from you any care to be taken at the time of delivery. Also which is the Dealership you would recommend for service of the vehicle irrespective of where I get the delivery from.

Thanks,

AAD

congratulations

Wasan at chembur or kandivali and Shreeji at Thane (Balaji) can become places where you can service both Aria and Ecosport. It is I guess more convenient if he centres are common even though the teams would be different. Chembur wasan is the best among these though in my view. Ecosport should require 1/3rd even lesser care compared to the Aria in real terms basis
Issues but the Tata Support teams are more competent.

Moderator note: Back to back posts, please use EDIT option once post is approved. Thanks.

Thanks ACM for your suggestion. Looking forward to interesting times ahead with the Ecosport!!

Long. Really Long. Was about to start afresh looking at other options before this suddenly materialised sooner than expected.

Get a feeling after going through multiple posts on delivery dates that they are offering relatively aggressive delivery dates for NON AT NON EcoBoost variants for new bookings while moving slowly on earlier bookings I.e. at the dealer end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3439096)
Congrats on the new vehicle to come.:) May I ask how long was the waiting period?

Long. Really Long. Was about to start afresh looking at other options before this suddenly materialised sooner than expected

Apologies @wilful - My reply wrongly got posted under ACM's post.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAD (Post 3439843)
Long. Really Long. Was about to start afresh looking at other options before this suddenly materialised sooner than expected

Speaking of long, after waiting patiently 2 months for my delivery as promised by Ganges Ford of our city, i gave their sales person a call. She said it will take more time, somewhere around end of next month. Somehow i dont feel for this car anymore like i did a year back, perhaps even few months before. The car has become pretty common these days and it feels more like a fancy hatch which it actually is. Maybe ill just cancel the booking and get Polo GT and RC 390 lol: But then again more than a month waiting for GT and RC is not released yet.

I'm amazed by these delivery issues. In Delhi, diesel titanium and titanium (O) takes about 10-15 days for delivery.

Just got my tail lamp (right side) replaced.Rs 1730/-.While reversing I had hit against a projecting pillar.The tail lamp broke along with a small scratch below it.:Frustrati

The service reminder comes at 9994 kms. Since I already got the car serviced, I manually cleared the service reminder.

Another price increase for Ecosprt?

Malayalam Ford, the Cochin dealer quoted 926936.00 (base price) for 1.5D Titanium variant. They said there is an increase of around Rs.10,000.00 recently!

Now the on road price come to the tune of Rs.1068292.00 for the said variant, including Rs.17822.00 for extended warranty and Rs.5611.00 for essential pack.

Is extended warranty worth the amount we paid? Is it necessary at all?

Friends who have opted for EW for some other makes said it is totally worthless as when they claimed something under EW, the ASS people says the particular part is not covered under the EW!

My USB Slot in the Car went for a toss and I asked for a replacement - but got the shock of my life when I got an estimate for Rs. 18,000/- for the same! I fail to understand why this will cost so much....!

Has any body else faced a similar problem?:Frustrati

Is this not covered under warranty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundManiac (Post 3442103)
My USB Slot in the Car went for a toss and I asked for a replacement - but got the shock of my life when I got an estimate for Rs. 18,000/- for the same! I fail to understand why this will cost so much....!

Has any body else faced a similar problem?:Frustrati

18000 for a USB Slot :Shockked: Are they changing the complete ICE ?

Quote:

Has any body else faced a similar problem?

18000 for a USB slot replacement is ridiculous. I can get an nice custom update to the audio setup done outside with this price.

Get the dealer rectify this under warranty or write to Ford.

Anurag.

Quote:

My USB Slot in the Car went for a toss and I asked for a replacement - but got the shock of my life when I got an estimate for Rs. 18,000/- for the same! I fail to understand why this will cost so much

It is quite possible that the quote he has given is for the whole HU. You should insist on a complete replacement under warranty unless there's a mechanical damage to the HU/components.