Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-475.html)

My Colleague got his Ecosport diesel Titanium delivered in 3 weeks flat. The catch is he had to buy 50000 worth accessories. The dealer is Cauvery Ford, Mangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the13thtee (Post 3430446)
I'm getting them installed from The Retro Rides, Naraina.

Thanks! It is great to know that these aftermarket DRLs won't violate the warranty terms.

Btw, as suggested by you and a lot others, I've changed my booking from Trend to Titanium. Airbags are a necessity and one cannot compromise on safety. I've given them two color options - sea grey and white. They've promised delivery within 4-5 months.

I've also instructed the dealer to not install the 3T camera but Ford's stock rear view camera. I've also opted out of the bodycare package and will visit the 3M shop for protection sealant coats. Thanks again for these valuable tips!

What other accessories can I go for? I'm guessing I can get good quality seat covers, engine guard, spare wheel cover, applique and bumper guard from aftermarket. I'll give a call to Shoppe Accessories, RK Puram to check if they have these.

Well, I have atleast 4 months to go before my EcoSport is delivered... but I guess there is no harm in planning things way in advance. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3430729)

The Ecosport Manual says the below gear ratios to be used with 1.5 TDCi.

Not wrong in what your using and it is not that different from what Food recommends. I have been using the filtering in my Swift and Ritz which yields me an FE between 21-22.5 kmpl.

1-2 : 20kmph
2-3 : 40kmph
3-4 : 50kmph
4-5 : 65kmph

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3430729)
I will post in details soon as to what happened with my Ecosport and what was Ford's attitude.

We all are waiting for the same buddy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 3430950)
My Colleague got his Ecosport diesel Titanium delivered in 3 weeks flat. The catch is he had to buy 50000 worth accessories. The dealer is Cauvery Ford, Mangalore.

This is bad way for a customer to get a car than the rest who have been waiting ages.

Who in the top management gives such ideas and not at all an healthy practice By any manufacturer where it will hour them hard in the long run. There are many who have cancelled the booking and Dove who have returned home furious Eden the waiting period is revealed. I never knew buying accessories gets faster delivery. So if a customer bus ALL the accessories under the showroom for the EcoSport, will the delivery be instant? :D

Bad move from Ford. Why create that hype when they can't fulfil and not give a dam to Indian customers. The EcoSport is made in India for the Indians and the world but preferences is given to the world. I know economics and profits are good but customer satisfaction is low. Hope Ford realises it and gets things back on track. Opening booking now won't yield those many numbers if they were avaliable earlier.

Anurag.

I am surprised to see Ford has opened bookings again including for Petrol variants, when there is so much pain amongst people who have booked and waiting for months. Maybe they want to say they have a 6-9 month backlog perpetually and so beefing up the order book to be able to do so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3431019)

This is bad way for a customer to get a car than the rest who have been waiting ages.

Who in the top management gives such ideas and not at all an healthy practice

Market economy! Dealer is going make hay while the sun shines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3431019)
Not wrong in what your using and it is not that different from what Food recommends. I have been using the filtering in my Swift and Ritz which yields me an FE between 21-22.5 kmpl.

1-2 : 20kmph
2-3 : 40kmph
3-4 : 50kmph
4-5 : 65kmph

We all are waiting for the same buddy.

Anurag.

With my dirty experience with Ford I would never recommend Ford to anybody in my life - for sure.
This is what happened. After I took my car on 3rd May 2014, and ASC found car to be heavy but ECU still did not report anything, Krishna (GM Services at Riddhi Ford) suggested to pick my car again on Tuesday so that Ford technical team can look into it.

On 6th morning, Tuesday, my car was picked by a driver from Riddhi Ford. After about 2 hours I got a call from Tarun Kalra. He introduced himself as the Regional Service head of Ford India.
He talked to me along with a test drive of my vehicle. He gave such weird logic that I now feel I should immediately sell this car and be safe. The first logic he gave was that the car was having just 5-7 liters of Diesel (as my car was touching Red mark when I gave it to the driver in the morning) therfore he experienced some performance issue but as soon as he got the car refueled it stopped giving the performance issue. So first thing he blamed was fuel quantity as low, even though I told him that I have seen sluggishness even when the tank is full. Moreover I also suggested that my car gives an issue which is totally random in nature. But he simply did not agree. I simply asked him to give this low fuel logic in written - which he never gave back.

The 2nd thing, he blamed was my gear ratios. To which I fought a lot but somehow he never agreed.

My car was delivered to me same day in the night. According to them they did nothing to my car.

But since my car has been delivered I can hear the humm sound in the initial gears which I used to hear when my car was brand new. After I had driven the car about 2500 kms, this humm sound in lower gears had gone away. Somehow, this sound is back in my car and I can see the car behaving conservative in providing power, like a new car as if the tuning (or some part has been changed) has been changed to make the engine conservative in nature.

When I called up Krishna, he simply explained that nothing was done in the car. Only at my request the diesel tank was cleaned and engine oil was taken out and again after a measure 3.4L was added.

As I had also asked Ford to give me a clarification on as what was done in my car, they simply did not provide any information. But in return to my email-warfare I had been having with them, they simply blamed my gear ratios to the sluggishness I must have been seeing in the car, in reply.

I'm deeply disappointed and thus I have left with only below options:

1. Send in a detailed letter to Ford Americas headquarters keeping the India center in CC.
2. Send them a legal notice
3. Or sell of my car.

I must say, I have never expecting such a behavior from Ford.

Any suggestions would be welcome from all you experts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3431200)

I am sorry for the woes you've been experiencing with your car. Shame on Ford India for such displeasing response. And not just Ford, many other multinational car manufacturers are taking Indian customers for granted. Hope they change their attitude soon.

Regarding your car, I don't think writing to Ford U.S Headquarters would do any good. Why don't you demand them to replace the vehicle or at least the engine and drive-train. If you are already fed up dealing with them, your best bet would be getting rid of it. Just my two cents!

Quote:

I must say, I have never expecting such a behavior from Ford.

No way the gear ratios are to blame for the issue. Even if it's the issue how can it happen randomly.
The low fuel reason is another nonsense. I have driven the car for a couple of kms even after the Distance to empty meter reached zero without any issues.

Coming to the options you have I'm afraid they aren't too many
1) Take it legally with ford?
I think if you can reproduce the problem when required then we have a better case. Although it's a long and tedious process there have been instances of speedy justice in news recently. If you have the time and patience take this up only then do it.
2) sell the car?
If you aren't disclosing the issue to the buyer then you can get a good price for the car. But if you disclose the take value could come up drastically.

Overall ability to reproduce the problem would be the key here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilg33 (Post 3431235)

The low fuel reason is another nonsense. I have driven the car for a couple of kms even after the Distance to empty meter reached zero without any issues.

Unrelated, but you do know the rigmarole you have to go through if you run out on a diesel mill?
Just saying, as I think I saw your thread about owning a tdci.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3431247)
Unrelated, but you do know the rigmarole you have to go through if you run out on a diesel mill?
Just saying, as I think I saw your thread about owning a tdci.

It was on an emergency it doesn't need a genius to know what happens if we run out of fuel :) .
What I was trying to tell is that low fuel is not the reason as I did not find any difference in pickup during that drive.

Second service done. Total Bill - 1698/-
I gave the car at 9.8k odd kms and I knew that the service reminder would come. So asked them the procedure to reset. Hope this will be useful for others too.
Press the start button (or turn the ignition) and wait for the service reminder to come. Once that's displayed, press the accelerator and brake together and hold it for 30 seconds. The reminder will disappear and will appear for the next service.

My service report can be seen here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3431321

Quote:

1. Send in a detailed letter to Ford Americas headquarters keeping the India center in CC.
3. Or sell of my car.

I would advise against the third option as you are simply passing on the misery to some unsuspecting buyer.

I think, what you should do is send a legal notice immediately. What is lacking now, is an interest from their side to fix the issue. Legal notice should heat things up and would give them a reason to look at the issue with more vigour than simply connecting the diagnostic tool and looking for error codes.

Don't sell it off yet.

Quote:

The first logic he gave was that the car was having just 5-7 liters of Diesel (as my car was touching Red mark when I gave it to the driver in the morning) therefore he experienced some performance issue but as soon as he got the car re-fuelled it stopped giving the performance issue.

There won't be any difference in performance based on fuel quantity in the tank. It is just that a warning light would appear informing that re-fuelling needs to be done ASAP. But as Mayankk mentioned, it is not good to drive around with low fuel quantities as it is a pain to get things back on track if diesel runs out.

Quote:

The 2nd thing, he blamed was my gear ratios. To which I fought a lot but somehow he never agreed.

Absolutely wrong. No connection to the issues your facing.

Quote:

After I had driven the car about 2500 kms, this humm sound in lower gears had gone away. Somehow, this sound is back in my car and I can see the car behaving conservative in providing power, like a new car as if the tuning (or some part has been changed) has been changed to make the engine conservative in nature..

Can you check if the brakes are binding some wheel causing it not rotate freely. Put the car on lift and rotate each wheel and check for freeness in rotation.

Quote:

I'm deeply disappointed and thus I have left with only below options:

3. Or sell of my car.

Option 1 is of no use as the email would be directed to Fod, India and the nearest ASC of your house so same people, same replies.

Option 3, needs to wait to see if Option 2 has any positive effect or no. If no positive response from Ford then go for Option 3. No point jumping to conclusion so fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3431247)
Unrelated, but you do know the rigmarole you have to go through if you run out on a diesel mill? Just saying, as I think I saw your thread about owning a tdci.

+1.

Anurag.

I had booked for a silver titanium plus ecoboost in October 2013. The dealer (Kairali Ford TCR, Kerala) had promised a delivery in march 2014. After a lot of following up with the dealer and Ford, I got a call last week saying that they have a white ecoboost titanium plus available. I readily said yes. :D since choice of color was only secondary to the variant. I think titanium plus it's the best VFM option for ecosport. Earlier I was offered a silver titanium ecoboost which I rejected on the same grounds.

Latest information is that the car has been shipped from the plant on 9th may. Wait for another few days to see my beauty. Too excited.

Planned add ons:
Ambient lighting
LED scuff plates
Aftermarket DRLs and projector head lamps.
Roof cross bars
Bumber appliques

I am hearing that Ford has restarted bookings for the Ecosport. Does that apply to the Automatic Petrol too.

We seriously need to buy a car for my wife, and she is adamant on having an automatic.

Our choices are the Ecosport and the Polo GT TSi. The Asians are out on general principles.

We were only able to TD the Ecosport Diesel, but my wife liked the car except for the fact it was not automatic. The Polo she loved.

I am pushing for the E'sport on the grounds of the height of the vehicle (road command), safety (multiple airbags, etc) and absolutely stunning appearance, and am trying my level best to get her to adjust to a manual transmission - for the Ecoboost Titanium (O).

However, if push really comes to shove, we will go for the Polo, which itself has a wait of around 9 months here in TVM.

SO if bookings have restarted, what are the chances that we will be able to lay hands on an automatic late in the latter half of this year, or early next year (Jan-Feb)?