Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-485.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3443376)
i would probably think that more of the petrol is exported. So they are able to suppy the diesels quicker. Just a theory though

Recently, it was reported that India will not export EcoSports to US (Thailand would be supplying instead). I understand that most Americans are petrol-heads.

As of now, the major export markets for Indian-made EcoSports are primarily European countries. Diesel is the popular choice of fuel in Europe, unlike US. So, I'm guessing most the EcoSports being exported out of India are diesel ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaycruizer (Post 3443345)
Mileage with AC: Onward ~ 14 kmpl, Return ~ 13 kmpl. I feel the mileage should be a little better than this

13-14 on the highway is a bit on the lower side. The worst I have got is about 16kmpl . I usually get around 17.5-19kmpl. In my observation AC hurts the FE by around 1-1.5 kmpl.

I had booked Ford Eco-Sport Titanium Diesel immediately after a month of the vehicle release. Had some other options like Duster as well. What I found was low end Duster was priced at the top end Eco-Sport without Option pack. The delivery dates were kept on postponing and the vehicle was about to be delivered in between month of January was decided to be in the month of April.

One of my friends mentioned to take a test drive once again before buying it and monitor for the seats and compare after driving Indica Vista what is the difference that I should feel in the new vehicle with the seats. I went to the same Sales Executive and asked for a test drive, this time I took a TD at a calm and quite place as earlier the TDs were done in a hurry after the vehicle release due to huge crowd. Found the seats were not giving me proper thigh support and were painful for me. The next day I cancelled the car, I did not mind the loss of Rs. 3000/- nor I repented for it. Thanked my friend for suggesting me the TD once again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogeshnaik (Post 3443810)
Found the seats were not giving me proper thigh support and were painful for me. The next day I cancelled the car, I did not mind the loss of Rs. 3000/- nor I repented for it.

The front seat under thigh support is definitely average, but the back seats have excellent under thigh support in my opinion. Strange that it was a deal breaker for you.

I have done 8-12 hrs multiple journeys. And at times 3-3.5 hrs non stop journeys. Never felt under thigh support was less or seats not comfortable.

I just did a 3 day non stop journey from Silchar, Assam to Berhampur, Orissa about 2200 km. Never had any issues with the seat as such. My previous car was a Tata Indigo. The car behaved beautifully whether it was no road to broken roads of Assam to the golden quadrilateral after kolkata. Superbly impressed. Mine is a Ecoboost option pack model. Got a kpl of 13.6 maintaining a speed of about 110kmph on an average.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilg33 (Post 3443969)
The front seat under thigh support is definitely average, but the back seats have excellent under thigh support in my opinion. Strange that it was a deal breaker for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3444051)
Never felt under thigh support was less or seats not comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3444176)
I just did a 3 day non stop journey from Silchar, Assam to Berhampur, Orissa about 2200 km. Never had any issues with the seat as such.

No offence to all here but measurement of comfort or liking of a parameter is subjective and varies from person to person. I too found the under thigh support decent on the EcoSport.

Anurag.

Getting my car delivered today. Am considering a set of tweeters for the car. Does it needs splicing of wires?
I am paranoid that there will be rattles if the door pads are tampered. Do they need to remove the door pads for fitting tweeters?

Where to source Philips xtreme vision 55/60 h4 headligjts? Am considering power bulbs , don't know their service to India

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3444231)
Getting my car delivered today. Am considering a set of tweeters for the car. Does it needs splicing of wires?
I am paranoid that there will be rattles if the door pads are tampered. Do they need to remove the door pads for fitting tweeters?

Where to source Philips xtreme vision 55/60 h4 headligjts? Am considering power bulbs , don't know their service to India

Many members have got Hertz DT 24.3 tweeters installed in their ecosports and none of them complained about any post-installation rattles. Regarding wiring, no need to splice the wires, the tweeters are connected to speaker terminals directly.

Coming to XV bulbs, you can purchase them from any car accessories/spares shop. Else you can try e-commerce sites such as eBay, Snapdeal. Here's the list of authorized stores for Philips in your city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogeshnaik (Post 3443810)
I had booked Found the seats were not giving me proper thigh support and were painful for me. The next day I cancelled the car, I did not mind the loss of Rs. 3000/- nor I repented for it. Thanked my friend for suggesting me the TD once again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3444051)
I have done 8-12 hrs multiple journeys. And at times 3-3.5 hrs non stop journeys. Never felt under thigh support was less or seats not comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3444223)
No offence to all here but measurement of comfort or liking of a parameter is subjective and varies from person to person. I too found the under thigh support decent on the EcoSport.

Anurag.

Underthigh support is average at best in the ecosport front seat. So far anyone who has sat in my car has told me the same thing. The seat base is not wide and not long enough resulting in poor support. Because the seating is high, it is bearable.

In March end I did a Bangalore - Shirdi - Pune - Bangalore trip of 2200kms over 5 days with mom and dad. Mom was super comfortable at the back which has no issues with underthigh support. Dad was ok but he did make the same comment, "wish there was some more support below my thighs". The higher seating meant they were nowhere near as tired as in the Altis.

If you sit in the new Fiesta you will feel the shortage of under thigh support in the Ecosport. The Fiesta has awesomely supportive seats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogeshnaik
I had booked Found the seats were not giving me proper thigh support and were painful for me. The next day I cancelled the car, I did not mind the loss of Rs. 3000/- nor I repented for it. Thanked my friend for suggesting me the TD once again.
I think in Kerala we have a rule that Rs. 500 is the maximum one can deduct from the booking amount you have paid. This was in the news a few years back. Do you have any such rules where you live.

Hey mates,

Is there a bulb out alarm notification feature in the driver console in the Ecosport?

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadbike (Post 3444268)
I think in Kerala we have a rule that Rs. 500 is the maximum one can deduct from the booking amount you have paid. This was in the news a few years back. Do you have any such rules where you live.

I do NOT think the rule is for any particular state as such. It's the dealer discretion most of the times. Some let go of the booking amount completely and may NOT charge any fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsunn (Post 3443364)
Called my SA to check the status of my booking. It has been almost 3 weeks since I booked EcoSport 1.5 Petrol Titanium.

The SA is still saying that it will take another 2 months, and that I will get an email from Ford once the allotment is done.

It is evident from above posts that diesel cars waiting period has reduced to just 2-3 weeks. Any idea why petrol cars are taking so long? I'm guessing that diesel cars are more in demand, so it seems to be counter-intuitive.

It is because selling petrol vehicle is a loss to Ford! Being a 1.5 liter engine, they don't get the under 4 Meter tax benefit (For petrol it has to be 1.2 liter engine). My guess is you will have a long wait ahead if you are waiting for 1.5 liter petrol. Better option is to try 1 liter Ecoboost petrol engine.

I suggest you go for Diesel since Ford Petrol has miserable resale value which is why i finally opted for Diesel in spite of Petrol Automatic version being my first choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadbike (Post 3444268)

There was no cancellation fee for the dealer at Cochin. But the waiting period was ridiculous at that time! I think it is mostly dealer taking expenses for his paper work and sales effort.