Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-492.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3450760)
So depending on your need of car (read urgency) the car should be decided. If you have ample of time then stick to EcoSport else go get something else that meets your requirement.

Anurag.

Perfectly agree with you. 6-8 months is too long to wait for a regular automobile. Already my interest is waning and I have started checking out reviews of sx4 s cross. :) Ecosport will not meet any body's immediate requirement and very few people would plan 1 year in advance and wait for a specific car. I hope Ford realizes that they are garnering a lot of bad publicity in the process because their dealers are arrogant now, not realizing that cars which commanded a long waiting list once(eg. vento diesel) have to be sold now to customers with effort. The ecosport, inspite of all its qualities, may meet the same fate when competition catches up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3450843)

I think it must have been a sharp object i must have run over, as both the punctures were on the same side. Same roads on the figo for 4 years with MRFs and not one puncture during the whole time.

Blame it on MRF as they are H.A.R.D - on the whole car + parts, on the passengers.

As age increases they get harder so punctures are a bit less expected out of these tyres.

Anurag.

Hi All, today my 2 tone horn has stopped working. As in, the second tone is gone. There is only single meek beep now.

Can we replace the horn at a local garage and be sure no warranty is void?

If yes, can you suggest a few good horns available in market?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsunn (Post 3450722)

Fact remains... Everyone is taking us on a ride... Be it Ford India or its local dealers.

My dealer has promised me delivery within 2 months from now... If it is not delivered by September, then I'll cancel the booking and wait for another 12 months for new compact SUV releases by Tata motors, Chevrolet and Maruti... It might even be a blessing in disguise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3450760)

Ford is playing a nasty game by not giving realistic dates of delivery. I can understand having a waiting period for a Ferrari or Lamborghini or Buggati Veyron since it is too sophisticated but the current cars sold in India have waiting periods beat 4-6 months is ridiculous.

So depending on your need of car (read urgency) the car should be decided. If you have ample of time then stick to EcoSport else go get something else that meets your requirement.

Anurag.

Ya, I agree with both of you.. luckily I have travel commitments for the next 2.5 months, which means im spending majority of the time outside Hyderabad.. But yeah, if no news until september, I might cancel and look forward to Sx4 cross/mobilio. Unfortunately, not much choices at the moment for MPV/Crossover SUVs with automatic transmission!!

as far as the dealer/ford squeeze goes, its basic economics isn't it??:Frustrati
and unfortunately we are in the wrong side of the supply-demand curve, At the Moment!!

and oh btw, I forgot to mention it.. the dealer did say that there is a high possibility of a price hike (in the range of 10-15K) coming in the next few months!! :Shockked:

Hi all,

I jus was wondering how the red ecosport would look with a different coloured roof.

I was thinking more in the lines of a gloss black roof with matching orvms or a white/silver/ivory coloured roof with matching mirrors. I couldn't find any pics of the same on the web.

I tried my hand at photo editing and failed miserably. So am running back to the forum for help. Your suggestions / criticisms are welcome. I would be greatly obliged if a photo shop expert could show me a rendering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 3450910)
Hi All, today my 2 tone horn has stopped working. As in, the second tone is gone. There is only single meek beep now.

Can we replace the horn at a local garage and be sure no warranty is void?

If yes, can you suggest a few good horns available in market?

As long as you do NOT change wiring, there should NOT be an issue. If you want a two tone horn (Skoda type), you can look at

1. Hella twin tone
2. Roots windtone
3. Minda trumpets (?) etc
4. Bosch Symphony

Hella twin tone is louder than Roots; never heard / used Minda. My suggestion is NOT to have this till monsoons are over - these get damaged easily when water goes in and is irreparable.

Edit:: If you are going to keep the same brand for replacement, keep the working one (from current setup) with you. Next time (in case) the horn conks off, you might be able to use the working piece (based on your luck).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praveer (Post 3446652)
Thanks for sharing about your remapping and modifications experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3446697)
More details on the remap please. I am yet to see and read about the 1.5 TDCi engine remap experience. That would be great to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 3446754)
Amazing mod EcoBeast, simply gorgeous !! clap:

P.S - I am more interested with the Remap. So, EcoBeast can you please confirm which Engine powers your car that you have remapped ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_r (Post 3449677)
Hi Ecobeast,excellent mods I say:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3438691)
Remap and built in touch screen with navigation is on my cards, hope to take some pointers from you.

Hi Fellow BHPians,

I have posted a detailed review on the remapping experience of my Ecosport here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3450838

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3450934

We booked an Ecosport Automatic at Talera Ford on 7th June.
As per the salesman who attended to us they are told to take a booking of only 8\eight AT vehicles of which ours is third. Delivery for current lot of bookings will start in August and all cars will be delivered before February.

Rahul

I don't mean to offend any of the Ecosport owners. But i happened to notice this today. The spare tyre has been removed from the alloy. Wont this affect the Rim? I wonder if doing such a thing will damage the rim in monsoons. Also the car look much better with a proper spare tyre mounted. This looks good, but that rugged appeal is lost.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-photo1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3450924)
Hi all,

I jus was wondering how the red ecosport would look with a different coloured roof.

I was thinking more in the lines of a gloss black roof with matching orvms or a white/silver/ivory coloured roof with matching mirrors.

Last Sunday, I saw exactly one ecosport as you have described. It had white roof (including roof rails) on a mars red ecosport. In my opinion it looked good. Same treatment wily have looked better on kinetic blue. Mars red should be paired with black .
I saw this at BRT in Delhi, another ecosport was done in all white.i.e, all black claddings were painted white to match body color. That looked out rightly bad, lost all it's appeal as an SUV, was looking more of odd hatchback

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarendranath (Post 3451746)
I don't mean to offend any of the Ecosport owners. But i happened to notice this today. The spare tyre has been removed from the alloy.

Why would offend? This is either unfortunate (perhaps someone stole it) or silly.

Anyone can get a puncture anywhere, any time. If this driver does, then he's not going to go any further until he has spent time and money on getting a new wheel brought to his car.

Personally, I hate the pseudo-rugged spare-on-the-back look, but I would not drive without one!

Looks like somebody took off her clothes. Looks much better with the spare wheel on.

Here's the rear of the Ecosport with the black rexine cover(Rs.400), done at the same place where Vidyut did it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3450360)
See if the option 'Do not calculate MFG/Fuel' is checked. If yes, uncheck the same and see if the problem solves.

Anurag.

Here's the screen shot of the readings with the option checked. I did not have enough time to check it with the option unchecked.

Attached is another screenshot for the 1.4 tdci showing kpl figures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3452015)
Here's the rear of the Ecosport with the black rexine cover(Rs.400), done at the same place where Vidyut did it:

Ramzsys, I just realised that you don't have the Titanium variant. The shop guy has dimensions only for Titanium variant and not Trend/Ambient.

As a result your cover is a little loose and that is why you see wrinkles. If you see my pic from few pages back, it is a tight fit with no wrinkles anywhere.

Not sure if he can redo it for you or you can ask him to tighten the elastic.

The issue is because the 195/65-15 rims are smaller than the 205/60-16 on the Titanium model

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3452028)
The issue is because the 195/65-15 rims are smaller than the 205/60-16 on the Titanium model

I've planned to upgrade the tyres to 205/65 R15 later, so i was aware of the 26 inch diameter being a loose fit when Antony stitched the cover!