Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-496.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidenzo (Post 3456574)
Guys, tried to download Sync software update from Windown Xp with Fat32 formatted pen drive but failed. This is the message that i got.
Kindly help.

This error has been there for some time now. Even on Internet Explorer 9 or 10 it does not work(Firefox or Chrome is not supported from what I learnt). I then had to take the car to the Ford Service Center to have them update the Sync. It was a cost free job and took around 45 minutes(around 20 minutes for update). By the way it was my first Sync update after getting my car around October 2013

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidenzo (Post 3456574)
Guys, tried to download Sync software update from Windown Xp with Fat32 formatted pen drive but failed. This is the message that i got.
Kindly help.

Same story here. Anybody here who could successfully download the update, please can you share the file with the rest of us?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj84 (Post 3456771)
This error has been there for some time now. Even on Internet Explorer 9 or 10 it does not work(Firefox or Chrome is not supported from what I learnt). I then had to take the car to the Ford Service Center to have them update the Sync. It was a cost free job and took around 45 minutes(around 20 minutes for update). By the way it was my first Sync update after getting my car around October 2013

I told the service centre about the software update during my visit last month for 2nd free service. As expected they were clueless about this. They didn't even know that there is some kind of owners account online where they get software updates.:deadhorse
The service centre here is utter nonsense.

Dear friends,

I did a round-trip to Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai on my Ecosport AT last month. This allowed me to test its capabilities under various conditions such as driving up-hill (roughly 45 Km), down-hill, over-taking on the Goa highway (which is largely 2 lane). Preferred to drive through this scenic route rather than the E-way via Pune this time.

Vehicle performed beautifully under all conditions and never did feel under powered on hills or while overtaking on the narrow road. One just needed to be in the right RPM band. During over-taking manoeuvres which required sudden bursts of acceleration, I used to floor the pedal before initiating the over-taking, and car would obey with kick-down immediately in both D & S modes. The number of gears dropped depends upon how long you keep the pedal floored. On occasions dropped 2 gears to overtake. On the up-hill drive, I used the triptronic to drop a gear before entering the curve to prevent RPM dropping below the power band ensuring no loss of momentum. Did not have a single vehicle trying to over-take me and even managed to over-take a few Innovas on the up-hill climb. Traffic was light though.

What I do observe however, is that while starting from stand-still, the vehicle does feel slightly sluggish. Pedal to the metal, got FE of roughly 12.8 Kmpl, which I suppose is not bad given how I drove.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksport (Post 3456161)
In situations like this I'd floor the throttle and wait a second. The engine downshifts with a slight lag, but I guess that is still faster than a manual gear shift. Once it shifts down, often to second or even first gear, I have never felt that it was wanting for power. It is not a very pleasant experience, but gets the job done.

TSIched'Out, you should have shifted to first gear. There is a common misconception among drivers that first gear is only for starting from standstill. It is not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risga (Post 3457428)
Dear friends,

I did a round-trip to Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai on my Ecosport AT last month.

How many people & how much luggage was on board? Dis you feel the ESP or Traction Control kick in at any time?

Does anyone know what the procedure is for purchasing a vehicle from one state (say Tamil Nadu) and doing the permanent registration in another state (say Kerala)?
None of the dealers in Kerala are taking bookings for the EcoSport AT, but I may have a chance in Chennai.
However, I do not have a residential address in TN. Can I show a friend's address for Temporary Registration in TN and then do the Permanent Registration in Kerala using my own address?
Or is there another procedure involved?
Please advise.
Also what issues would I face in getting finance from Kerala for buying from TN?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar-v (Post 3457891)
How many people & how much luggage was on board? Dis you feel the ESP or Traction Control kick in at any time?

Dear sridhar,

We were 4 on board, 2 adults and 2 kids. There were 3 medium sized suitcases stashed in the boot enough for a 3N/ 4D kind of trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pillainp (Post 3457962)
Does anyone know what the procedure is for purchasing a vehicle from one state (say Tamil Nadu) and doing the permanent registration in another state (say Kerala)?
None of the dealers in Kerala are taking bookings for the EcoSport AT, but I may have a chance in Chennai.
However, I do not have a residential address in TN. Can I show a friend's address for Temporary Registration in TN and then do the Permanent Registration in Kerala using my own address?
Please advise.
Also what issues would I face in getting finance from Kerala for buying from TN?

What you are contemplating is not impossible buy highly improbable. A better option would be to speak to the Ford TN dealer, he might have a friendly Ford dealer in Kerala and they can do a dealer-to-dealer transfer of the vehicle and you can get it from your Kerala dealer

This is done when say a dealer is stuck with 2012 model stock with no demand and suddenly some other dealer at the other end of the country has a customer who does not mind buying a 2012 car at a discounted price

Quote:

Please advise.

Hi Palani, This is possible.

Say you plan to buy the ride from kerala:

You need an address and ID Proof (ration card, Voters ID/ bsnl telephone bill or Electricity bill) - For ration card, even if your name is as a secondary card holder, it will be accepted.

You pay tax in kerala and buy the vehicle. They will allocate a temporary number;
Once you are in the state you'd like to register the permanent number; you would need to pay tax and get it done.

Down side: You would pay tax in both states.

See what fits you best.

Two weeks ago, One of my friends wanted to buy an Ecosport (In Bangalore). He wanted a 24hr delivery. The sales manager made him take the test drive and then said, we are not selling Ecosport currently as all sales for this has been placed on hold. This is due to a fault equipment that needs to be replaced. I forget the component though. Think it was clutch and something else. The manager mentioned this is a company circular - 'No Ecosport to be sold until the faulty equipment is replaced.'

He was like, 'why do you let customers take the test drive and then say no?' Sales manager gave a cheese.

I would like to know if any of you faced this.

My friend went next door to India Garage and got an XUV500. Ordered and paid at 1530hrs - the next day 1700hrs, it was in his car porch. Mighty Impressed!

Note From T-BHP Support: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT and MULTI QUOTE (QUOTE+) functions within 30 minutes of posting instead. Thanks.

In kerala the titanium and titanium o pack is available readily with kairali cars. We booked a vehicle titanium o silver colour this week and will get the vehicle probably next week. Bringing vehicle from bangalore and registering here will be lot of pain. and i think you have to pay entry tax which is a considerable amount

Hi Folks,
Need some advice,,
I am in market for a Petrol EcoSport,
My running is about 200/250 KM per Month, and maybe 2/3 long distance - 500 to 700 kms, drives a year,,

I enquired in Planet Ford - SB Road Pune and Talera Ford - Yerwada Pune.
Planet Ford - they have a waiting period of 1 year, While Talera informed - they can deliver in 3/4 months...
I am not inclined to wait for a years time, MAX, I can wait for 6 months...

On paper - Based on my other requirements/priorities - the ES suits all of them, I will TD the Car - this weekend,,

Diesel is ruled out - does not make sense for the kind of running Distances..

My question is, which EcoSport to go for - The 1.5 petrol Titanium, or the 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium,,

Really appreciate your advice, feedback,

Reards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang (Post 3458678)
...You pay tax in kerala and buy the vehicle. They will allocate a temporary number;

Down side: You would pay tax in both states...

Need NOT be! Take temporary registration in one state and pay life time tax in another. But there will be additional financial / time burden associated with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang (Post 3458686)
...He was like, 'why do you let customers take the test drive and then say no?' Sales manager gave a cheese...

Some of those customers may choose to wait if they get impressed. Simple marketing gimmick. If he said the reason upfront, no one will even bother for a TD; they straight away will land in the competition camp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang (Post 3458686)
...The sales manager ... said, we are not selling Ecosport currently as all sales for this has been placed on hold. This is due to a fault equipment that needs to be replaced...

I would like to know if any of you faced this.

Please read below. Contradicts straight away. May be he wanted to convince on the waiting period by this excuse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolFire (Post 3458922)
...We booked a vehicle titanium o silver colour this week and will get the vehicle probably next week...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi (Post 3458926)
...My question is, which EcoSport to go for - The 1.5 petrol Titanium, or the 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium,,...

If it's an MT, I would prefer the Ecoboost.

Quote:

Hi Folks,
Need some advice,,
My running is about 200/250 KM per Month, and maybe 2/3 long distance - 500 to 700 kms, drives a year,,

I enquired in Planet Ford - SB Road Pune and Talera Ford - Yerwada Pune.
Planet Ford - they have a waiting period of 1 year, While Talera informed - they can deliver in 3/4 months...
I am not inclined to wait for a years time, MAX, I can wait for 6 months...

On paper - Based on my other requirements/priorities - the ES suits all of them, I will TD the Car - this weekend,,

My question is, which EcoSport to go for - The 1.5 petrol Titanium, or the 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium,,

Really appreciate your advice, feedback,

Reards,

Your kms. running profile matches mine perfectly. Possibly I would do some longer trips twice a year. I am planning to go in for the AT, but waiting now for some news on the SX4Cross.
Test drive both 1.5 petrol & ecoboost & then decide. But go in for the Titanium Options version with 6 airbags. You mostly require side impact protection for city use ( Munde's case amply proves this). All the best.

Quote:

Hi Folks,
Need some advice,,

Reards,

Since you have already ruled out diesel, I would recommend the Ecoboost version.
IMO, is very derivable and perfect for city driving.
The 1.5 petrol is good if you want AT version. As a mater of fact, the AT Ecosport is the best deal that you can find when it comes to AT cars. Ford is not making much money on it.
Without the AT, all that's left is a naturally aspired 1.5 petrol mill which, in my openion, is neither cost effective nor powerful enough to be enjoyable.
Ecoboost is the way to go. Get the TD of both and you should be able to see the difference.
BTW, I drive the 1.5 diesel :)

Quote:

Please advise.

I know someone who picked up a vehicle, EcoSport base, in Kerala and registered it in Goa, the entry tax was around 1 lakh, I doubt the ES is worth that premium. Its a Ford after all and maintenance costs' perception will eat into resale value. I think entry tax is applicable for cars which are sold in the state, unlike super premium rides which are sold only from Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi.