Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-489.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean5545 (Post 3446005)
Hey Guys,
What is the optimum RPM at which I can get the best mileage?

he car has gone for 2 services so all filters and everything are changed.

On an average keeping the RPM near the peak torque range is the best for FE and cruising abilities. Since the 1.5L diesel produces maximum torque around the 2000-2500 RPM range, it better to keep it between 2000-2200 RPM which could be between 80-100 kmph.

FE is affected by the driving style (upshifting RPM & downshifting RPM), tyre pressures, Fuel quality.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3442635)
Got a call from the SA.

My ecosport has arrived at the stock yard. I had booked it on the 12 th of may and that is 15 days for a titanium option diesel :)

I am going to the stock yard tomorrow to do my PDI with the tbhp check list. any last minute advice?!

I guess the demand must have dropped dramatically for the ecosport these days, neither the SA or the team leader sales objected to me taking insurance from outside. I also declined all accessories and am planning to only take up extended warranty as of now.

I got a decent quote from HDFC ERGO with zero dep and have already purchased 3d mats online for the ecosport :D

who knows, may be discouts for the ecosport in a few months..

That is awesome! Pardon me asking, but did you manage to get the car so soon through some "influence"? ;) I am waiting for the same car from December 1st week, 2013. My dealer tells me there is no drop in the waiting times here in Bangalore. Can anybody who booked in Bangalore throw light on the situation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjkonline (Post 3446351)
That is awesome! Pardon me asking, but did you manage to get the car so soon through some "influence"? ;) I am waiting for the same car from December 1st week, 2013. My dealer tells me there is no drop in the waiting times here in Bangalore. Can anybody who booked in Bangalore throw light on the situation?

No influence what so ever.

It was a regular booking and was told 1 1/2 months for the titanium option in red. I got a call from them 15 days later and now I have my car. I think they don't even take bookings for petrol in Coimbatore, but all diesels seem to be available and the maximum quoted time is around 2 months. Probably I got lucky, but am not complaining one bit.

Drove 400 km on Sunday, 200km up and back. The car was a pleasure to drive on the highways. It is really painful to stick below 2000 rpm during the run in; equates to around 90 - 95 kmph. I very badly missed my Figo's steering, but the elevated driving position and overall comfort and refinement are in a different league.:)

Average mileage as per the MID was 18.2 kmpl, not bad. Excellent sound insulation, amazing ground clearance, went into the fields - no problem. very badly need to source a pair of philips xtreme visions.

I have created this thread to share my remapping experience and other modification that I have done in my Ecosport, with fellow BHPians. I invite all Ecosport owners to use this platform for “showing off” the modifications they have done on their Ecosport.
Though I got my car remapped first, I’ll quickly share the headlamp modification of my Ecosport first, as I have received quite a few queries from fellow BHPians and I wouldn’t want to keep them waiting for long.
My next post will be about the remapping experience.

So here goes.

I recently changed the headlamps of my Ecosport.
This new pare of headlamp assemblies costed me Rs.23000/-

There are two versions of these headlamps available in the market:
  1. One is made in China which is cheap and the quality is poor. Just by looking at the finishing, you can tell that.
  2. Another one is made in Taiwan. These are good and marginally expensive. These are the ones that I bought.

I bought these from a local dealer in Pune who got these imported for me. He is good with this kind of stuff. :)

I also got a wiring harness and 100 watt H7 bulbs. These costed another Rs.1400/-

And here are the results :cool:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-newheadlamp1.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-newheadlamp2.jpg

In day time, with DRLs off.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-day_side.jpg

In day time, with DRLs turned on.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-day_side_drl_on.jpg

In the night, with just DRLs on
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-night_front.jpg

In the night, with low beam projectors turned on
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-night_front2.jpg

In the night, with both, low beam projectors as well as high beam reflectors turned on
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-night_front3.jpg

Here is the cut-off line for the low beam projectors. It is adjustable.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-cutoff_line.jpg

This what the headlamp assembly looks like from behind.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-headlamp_rear.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3446426)
Drove 400 km on Sunday, 200km up and back. The car was a pleasure to drive on the highways. It is really painful to stick below 2000 rpm during the run in; equates to around 90 - 95 kmph. I very badly missed my Figo's steering, but the elevated driving position and overall comfort and refinement are in a different league.:)

Same thing man. Took me a while to get over the Figo steering. I had both cars for a few months and everytime I sat in the Figo, the steering would bring a smile to my face.

Don't worry about the 2000 rpm during run in. You can safely go till 3000. What you must avoid is lugging the engine i.e. higher gear at lower speed and avoid sudden acceleration like flooring it. Gradual acceleration even till 3000rpm is perfectly fine.

Has anybody used a cloth, rexin or some sort of a flexible cover for the spare wheel. I dont like the plastic thingy they supply from ford. I am actually interested in some sort of a cover. Yesterday, I had a rude shock when i saw a kid hanging from my spre wheel :Shockked: Had to shoo him away!

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3446435)
Has anybody used a cloth, rexin or some sort of a flexible cover for the spare wheel. I dont like the plastic thingy they supply from ford. I am actually interested in some sort of a cover. Yesterday, I had a rude shock when i saw a kid hanging from my spre wheel :Shockked: Had to shoo him away!

Me!!

Got it stitched in one hour and it cost me all of 400 bucks. Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140323-13.03.jpg

Neat!

Where did you get it done and how is the fastening system?

Since you mentioned 'stitched', is there an option of adding logos, text etc. on the cover?

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3446456)
Neat!

Where did you get it done and how is the fastening system?

Since you mentioned 'stitched', is there an option of adding logos, text etc. on the cover?

Really small shop in the bylanes of JC road in Bangalore. The guy stitches Jeep soft tops and also wheel covers for Jeeps.

A few guys had already got it done from him so he know the size. There is no fastening system, just elastic on the inside. You need to pull and stretch to make it fit tight without wrinkles.

I didn't ask about stitching logos but should be easy to do. I am planning on a Ford logo decal sticker and some Team-BHP stickers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3446447)
Me!!

Got it stitched in one hour and it cost me all of 400 bucks. Attachment 1246382

That is indeed a neat cover.:) At 400 bucks it is a steal.

Lovely headlights! They make the car stand out.
Are these HID's? or just regular bulbs with projectors?

But Frankly speaking I didn't like the large chrome grill in the front, I personally don't like too much bling-bling (chrome on my cars).

If I were you I would have got the grill painted matt black.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3446447)
Me!!

Got it stitched in one hour and it cost me all of 400 bucks. Attachment 1246382

For just 400, it is a steal & way better than the OE cover from Ford. I am planning to visit JC road this coming weekend to get this done. Vidyut could please share the name of shop you got this done from, it would really help as i am not familiar with the place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaycruizer (Post 3446581)
For just 400, it is a steal & way better than the OE cover from Ford. I am planning to visit JC road this coming weekend to get this done. Vidyut could please share the name of shop you got this done from, it would really help as i am not familiar with the place.

Jai seat covers:

https://plus.google.com/113273374911...ut?gl=in&hl=en

1st cross of the JC road car accessories lane. Ask anyone for Car automobiles which is a big shop. 3-4 shops after that you will find a small shop in which the guy is stitching inside.

They stitch jeep soft tops mainly. You can select the colour. Don't go for white. It will get dirty very fast. Go for the black or try grey.

The guy's name there is Antony.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3446587)
Jai seat covers:

https://plus.google.com/113273374911...ut?gl=in&hl=en

1st cross of the JC road car accessories lane. Ask anyone for Car automobiles which is a big shop. 3-4 shops after that you will find a small shop in which the guy is stitching inside.

They stitch jeep soft tops mainly. You can select the colour. Don't go for white. It will get dirty very fast. Go for the black or try grey.

The guy's name there is Antony.

Thanks for sharing the details Vidyut:) I have a Sea Grey EcoSport, so the White is not an option :D black or grey would look better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 3445966)
1. Yes - It is very easy to take out fuel from any tank, once the lid has been forced.

2. From what I have observed in cars so far, I am yet to see a lid that cannot be forced with a metal crowbar. Those locking mechanisms are usually very flimsy, metal or not!

Quote:

Originally Posted by the13thtee (Post 3445994)

Well, in India, you can only make it difficult for the thieves from stealing the fuel in parking lots but its close to impossible to stop them. lol:

Well if someone plans to steal fuel with all equipment you can't do anything. But what I'm worried about is some crazy guy opening it with his hand and pouring something (say sand) into it. I know this is thinking extreme, but I have seen a frustrated 15odd year old kid picking up a stone and scratching a line on cars along a parking lot as he kept walking along. So anything is possible. :Shockked:

Is there any accessory/locking mechanism that can be applied to make it more fool proof??