Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-482.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3438727)
Moreover DPF is prohibitively expensive and regeneration is not easy.

Yes, filter regeneration with DPF is a big deal. Especially here as some cars here drive around slower for longer. DPF needs periodic high speed bursts.

So, if a car does come with DPF, there will be numerous warning stickers and lights to take care of DPF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3438691)
Yes it does have a DPF.Any particular reason for expressing this doubt?

Because they use the same engine oil for 1.4 tdci and 1.5 tdci; and the 1.4 tdci engine doesn't have DPF even in it's BS4 stage norm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3438703)
Most BS4 vehicles have the DPF installed.
Anurag.

Yes, even wiki said 1.4 tdci will meet Euro IV with a DPF(which is not the case in India)

Hi ACM,

You will recall my posts on the Aria in your earlier thread on the same. While, I still have the Aria (going strong @ 98000 ams), Following your footsteps, I am also taking delivery of Ecosport AT soon. Just wanted to know from you any care to be taken at the time of delivery. Also which is the Dealership you would recommend for service of the vehicle irrespective of where I get the delivery from.

Thanks,

AAD

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3438684)
Does the Ecosport Diesel has a Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF)?

Quote:

Guys, I'm pretty sure that there is no DPF on the Ecosport and infact not there on majority of cars sold in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 3438734)
So, if a car does come with DPF, there will be numerous warning stickers and lights to take care of DPF.

Guys,

Just check the below link of the manual for the Ford EcoSport. Now is this is the same that is for the Indian model or not is what I not sure of.

Owners here can clear the doubt.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/665...3.html?page=89

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAD (Post 3439019)
Hi ACM,

You will recall my posts on the Aria in your earlier thread on the same. While, I still have the Aria (going strong @ 98000 ams), Following your footsteps, I am also taking delivery of Ecosport AT soon. Just wanted to know from you any care to be taken at the time of delivery. Also which is the Dealership you would recommend for service of the vehicle irrespective of where I get the delivery from.

Thanks,

AAD

Congrats on the new vehicle to come.:) May I ask how long was the waiting period?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3439091)
Guys,

Just check the below link of the manual for the Ford EcoSport. Now is this is the same that is for the Indian model or not is what I not sure of.

Owners here can clear the doubt.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/665...3.html?page=89

Anurag.

Nope. Indian one doesn't have it for sure. This manual will be UK spec. They can't sell the car in UK without DPF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3438703)
Most BS4 vehicles have the DPF installed.
Anurag.

BS4 diesel cars manufactured in India do not use a DPF as ultra low sulphur diesel is not yet available here and moreover the Particulate Matter standard limit is 0.025 gms/km which is easily achievable in modern common rail engines .

Quote:

Guys, I'm pretty sure that there is no DPF on the Ecosport and infact not there on majority of cars sold in India.
Moreover Apart from the CBU cars there is no car manufactured in India with a DPF.

You are absolutely right. DPF cannot be used unless we get ULSD.

I need a suggestion from Blore Ecosport owners

last month I took my Ecosport to Lathangi ford Service on Hosur road to get the tweeters installed. The SA opened the driver side door pad for tweeter installation & said he worn't be able to install without cutting the wires. He said he will consult with Ford for the proper way to do the install & cfixed the door pad. After a day i started to notice some rattling from the driver side door. withing a week it increased a lot specially when travelling over rough or bumpy roads. I took it back to the SA. The SA opened the door pad & fixed it back, took it for a small drive & said the rattle is gone. I also checked it & the rattling was not there. Now after 2 weeks its back again. What should i do now, take it some other SA (metro, elite ) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaycruizer (Post 3439346)
I also checked it & the rattling was not there. Now after 2 weeks its back again. What should i do now, take it some other SA (metro, elite ) ?

During removing and refitting one of the plastic clips may have broken causing the rattle. Once you mess with these panels they always come back to haunt you with rattles.

Ask for all the clips to be checked and changed if any of them are broken. That should be good enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3439354)
During removing and refitting one of the plastic clips may have broken causing the rattle. Once you mess with these panels they always come back to haunt you with rattles.

Ask for all the clips to be checked and changed if any of them are broken. That should be good enough.

Thanks Vidyut, Will get the clips checked from the SA

One another note, which of these is better at service Lathangi, Metro, Elite & Cauvery ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaycruizer (Post 3439356)
Thanks Vidyut, Will get the clips checked from the SA

One another note, which of these is better at service Lathangi, Metro, Elite & Cauvery ?

I have been going to Metro since I got my Figo which is 2010. They are strictly ok. Nothing great and I have had my fair share of problems with them.

The Lathangi in Electronics City was pretty poor when it opened. Khan_Sultan had gone there for his Fiesta AT servicing and was quite unhappy. He has now moved to Metro as well.

So basically it's pick your poison.

I am quite INfamous at Metro now for all the hard times I have given them for both cars so now they don't do too bad a job with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3439364)
I have been going to Metro since I got my Figo which is 2010. They are strictly ok. Nothing great and I have had my fair share of problems with them.

The Lathangi in Electronics City was pretty poor when it opened. Khan_Sultan had gone there for his Fiesta AT servicing and was quite unhappy. He has now moved to Metro as well.

So basically it's pick your poison.

I am quite INfamous at Metro now for all the hard times I have given them for both cars so now they don't do too bad a job with me.

Thanks Vidyut, I will give Metro a try as the 2nd service will due soon for my EcoSport. I was not happy with the way lathangi at E-City handled things during the 1st Service :Frustrati

Quote:

DPF is a big step and India has still not gone ahead with this because of the problem associated with it.

What are the problems associated with DPF? I think it is an absolute necessity and the Indian govt. should make it compulsory for all diesel cars.

I find it absolutely appalling to see 99% of trucks and SUVs in India with no DPF, which causes excessive air pollution. Take Delhi for example... World Health Organization recently ranked it as the world's most polluted major city (ahead of Beijing). And according to the Economist, 10500 people died last year in Delhi alone due to air pollution.

Making DPF mandatory (irrespective of its costs) will surely be a step in the right direction.

The car is back after 3 days. They changed the PCM code from xxxxxxcp to xxxxxxcg or something like that. Now the car is running super smooth. I can feel a big difference on the city roads itself. Avg mileage is showing quite low, but I have to verify whether that is because of the small drive thru the city from the workshop or result of the PCM . A dri e on the highway will confirm that.
The explanation for the 4.6 L oil is that it is a system print error and the actual amount that went in was 3.8 L. Anyway they had to drain and refill. Tomorrow morning dip stick will show if that was the case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3438358)
The 'corporate office' seems to have passed on instructions to the workshop. The car was taken for service again and have been told it will take 2 days. "Some software issue" was their response when I asked why two days is required. I guess their 'system' which decided on the amount of oil has to be updated or my ECU has to be updated.
Whatever it is, if so many workshops in the country have been putting the wrong amount of oil, Ford is going to have quite a few calls as the news spreads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsunn (Post 3439375)
What are the problems associated with DPF? I think it is an absolute necessity and the Indian govt. should make it compulsory for all diesel cars.

DPF needs regeneration regularly and can get clogged up easily if the car is driven in traffic. If you do not do this frequently the DPF may get damaged which is very very expensive.

For DPF to work you need ULSD and with no impurities else you are again looking at DPF damage.

Usually the car should be driven above 60kmph quite often to ensure the DPF doesn't get clogged up.

In UK people actually remove the DPF from new cars as it's impossible to keep it clean in cities like London which have slow moving traffic. The replacement is just too expensive.