Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-451.html)

I have read a similar thing on another forum too, but the guy over there used a thinly cut piece of a refil from a pen instead of the eraser. He didn't have pictures. The pictures here give us a better sense of the workings inside.

Many thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple (Post 3398931)
If anyone has a working playlist, can you please post the below things for me?

1. Your USB folder structure
2. Playlist format (M3U/WPL/PLS)
3. Playlist contents (Using text editor, copy the first few lines as a sample)

Thanks

After trying too many things with M3U playlist, just before giving up, tried to use WPL (Windows Playlist List) formatted playlist and voila, it started to work. This is how my USB is currently structured:

In the root I have Telugu, Hindi and English folders and in each folder I have my favorite mp3's. Then I created three M3U playlists for songs in each folder using iTunes and then opened them in text editor and changed the content to WPL format. You just have to include the path's of your mp3's in <media /> under <seq /> tag. Since I use a Mac and iTunes to manage my music, I have no other option but to create M3U playlist and edit the contents to match the WPL playlist format.

Here's how WPL playlist content looks like if opened in text-editor:
Quote:

<?wpl version="1.0"?>
<smil>
<head>
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Windows Media Player -- 12.0.7601.17514"/>
<meta name="IsNetworkFeed" content="0"/>
<meta name="ItemCount" content="0"/>
<meta name="IsFavorite"/>
<meta name="ContentPartnerListID"/>
<meta name="ContentPartnerNameType"/>
<meta name="ContentPartnerName"/>
<meta name="Subtitle"/>
<author/>
<title>Rocking</title>
</head>
<body>
<seq>
<media src="English\01 Amen.mp3"/>
<media src="English\01 A Thousand Years.mp3"/>
</seq>
</body>
</smil>
Changed the .m3u extension to .wpl and copied the playlists to the root of the USB and it started working. I'm curious why m3u playlists haven't worked with SYNC.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions :)

Guys,

Look at the shocking price Ecosport is being sold in Nepal.

10 variants same as India with price ranging from INR 17.9 lakhs to INR 28.5 lakhs.:Shockked:

Looks like we are the lucky lot to get it at the cheapest price in the world.

The Ford Ecosport is the most awarded car of the year and much more.

try using Playlist Creator 3.6.2 for making playlists. its working without any problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3401160)
Guys,

Look at the shocking price Ecosport is being sold in Nepal.

10 variants same as India with price ranging from INR 17.9 lakhs to INR 28.5 lakhs.:Shockked:

Looks like we are the lucky lot to get it at the cheapest price in the world.

I think they are priced slightly high in Nepal but not overtly over priced as conversion rate between INR & Nepalese rupee is about 1:1.6.
So I think the pricing is kind of fine.

Worked like a charm on my Ecosport AT, Thanks dude.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bageherath (Post 3399621)
Opening the trunk by remote control (For non-Keyless entry models)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raz0r (Post 3401794)
Worked like a charm on my Ecosport AT, Thanks dude.:)

That could be a risk - when you use the lock button, if by chance , you push the third button.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3401901)
That could be a risk - when you use the lock button, if by chance , you push the third button.

Well similarly, by chance, one may as well push the unlock button.
Idiot proofing may hardly have been part of the original intent.
Sincere thanks to the guys who found this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3401901)

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 3401984)

So would that be a single click or a double for the boot?
On the Figo it would be double click,hence very unlikely that you would open it by mistake. I haven't opened my Figo boot ever by mistake in almost 4 years.

[quote=bageherath;3399621] Opening the trunk by remote control (For non-Keyless entry )

Yesterday I performed a DIY to get the remote boot open feature activated on my remote key. It is as easy as mentioned in the post. The pictures helped immensely. The remote boot open works a treat.

Thanks a million to whoever discovered it first.

If anyone still needs any help/advice to perform the same, please feel free to contact me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 3401984)

Still not clear on the utility of this button !
If it is only to unlock the boot, why not use the regular unlock button, since you have to press the button on the boot to open the door?

And if it opens the boot door, it is a risk. because if you open it unintentionally it could hit something behind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3403004)
Still not clear on the utility of this button !
If it is only to unlock the boot, why not use the regular unlock button, since you have to press the button on the boot to open the door?

And if it opens the boot door, it is a risk. because if you open it unintentionally it could hit something behind.

This is a delivered option comes only with Titanium.
Mine is a titanium, I use the the remote button to unlock(open) my boot (Only works when car is unlocked). We need to be only worried when the car is parked in inclined position, which is only chance to hit other objects.

This is only a cheat for lower models, came across this many months back never had time to post it. Happy that it worked.

I am in market for a new car and thought of checking with Ford about EcoSport. I contacted their dealers in Bangalore and like many of us have commented, they quoted a waiting time of 4-6 months or beyond considering the supply crunch however the lady at the other end was willing to offer me a white Ecosport Trend Diesel with 98k worth accessories immediately, she quoted that its an "Elite" model from Ford and not fitments done at the dealership. Post accessories, the car will have all features of Titanium albeit Airbags.
Is there such an Elite model rolled out by Ford ? I couldn't find any information on the internet.
Is it advisable to opt for such a model or there might be something fishy with the car (piece in specific) such that they are loading with accessories at a high price and selling it on immediate basis ?
I have a contact of dealer in my native place. Is it possible to get the car from dealer outside Bangalore and then get it registered in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooltronics (Post 3403175)
......however the lady at the other end was willing to offer me a white Ecosport Trend Diesel with 98k worth accessories immediately, she quoted that its an "Elite" model from Ford and not fitments done at the dealership. Post accessories, the car will have all features of Titanium albeit Airbags.
Is there such an Elite model rolled out by Ford ? I couldn't find any information on the internet.
.......I have a contact of dealer in my native place. Is it possible to get the car from dealer outside Bangalore and then get it registered in Bangalore?

I don't think Ford has released any such variant, it might be just added by dealer end. I feel they are just trying to flatter you, with all those accessories. Someone might have initially wanted to have all the fittings done and backed off in the last moment.

Coming to your registration query, it is possible in AP/Hyderabad (Subjected to the dealer agreement). Not sure about Karnataka (I feel depends on dealer willingness).