Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-448.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai (Post 3392822)
Hi Shivkumar, I have not fixed them. Little wary of opening the light assembly and have not been able to get a trusted hand to do the same.

Hi Unbranded - I am getting 11km/litre on city (Bangalore) and 15km/litre on highway runs. While on highway, for overtaking I use triptronic help. Slot the gear to 4th for comfortable overtaking manure - the vehicle do not have much steam left on 5th and 6th gears and hence the planning. In city, overtaking is not a problem.

I am getting 10Kmpl in city (Chennai) and about 14.5 kmpl on the highway on my Ford Ecosport AT, Have crossed 6,900 kms on the odo. Don't have an issue on planning overtaking maneuvers on highways using the tiptronic. Have found a sweet spot in terms of Safety, Control, Driving comfort and mileage to be between 90-100 kmph on highways. Only wish there was a Cruise control and Push Button start on the AT. I am very very happy with the car.

Guys , I do face the rattle sound from passenger rear side , something like a loose fit tool box creating sound , the interesting part is this comes only when the we move on somewhat good road with speed . A.S.S mentioned that it might be shocks which is not working good , need to take it to get it replaced as the sound is irritating !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnair (Post 3393708)
Guys , I do face the rattle sound from passenger rear side , something like a loose fit tool box creating sound , the interesting part is this comes only when the we move on somewhat good road with speed . A.S.S mentioned that it might be shocks which is not working good , need to take it to get it replaced as the sound is irritating !

Have spent enough time to find out where the noise comes from. One of the commonly seen rattles of ES I believe.
I think it is the casing of compressor shaft of the boot door. (that hydraulic hinge thing at the left bottom of the inside of the door)
It is free to move and makes sound on uneven roads.

It is not suspension. Even on a flat road you can get this rattle.
Check that thing give some padding and let us know.

I am yet to fix it myself.

@penpavan , yes this is observed on flat roads mainly , that is when it is audible the most i guess , cant remember a casing for hydraulic rod on the tail gate , anyway i will give it a check on this today itself .

Hello fellow BHPians,

I’m experiencing issues with the braking on my ES. Every time I hit the brake pedal and release it there’s a sound, like the one you get on buses /trucks that use brakes based on air compressors, no matter if the car is moving or stationary. The sound comes only at the moment when the brake pedal is released. Also, it remains constant even after a trip of 70-80 kms. I presume its coming from the rear drum brakes. I guess I’ll have to get a good 3M car wash.

An interesting story from rediff:

Quote:

Amazing story of how Ford EcoSport was designed

There are stories of hard work and inspired creativity behind cars that leave us goggle-eyed with their beauty.

Designing a car is not simply a process of an artist sitting on a desk and penning a few lines.

A lot of research goes into the final look of a car, with inputs taken even midway through the design process. There isn’t one design template and each car is in its own way an individual product.

But, as Ehab Kaoud, chief designer, Ford North America, tells us, there is often a single paradigm that marks the vehicles of any one company.

Kaoud discusses automobile design in the context of the Ford EcoSport, launched last June, and arguably one of the most appealing among uniquely designed cars to have been launched in the past few years.

Love it or hate it, but its urban SUV design is a first of its kind.

For more, see this link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivkumar19 (Post 3391842)
Dear all
I am facing problem with my microsoft sync , it was working fine all these days could make and recive calls but lately it doesnt seems to connect with my phone though pairs sucessfully plays music through phone but cannot connect for calls it says phone disconnected.
Trouble shooting I tried were
Un paired and tried again
Rebooted the mob
Changed the name of both bluetooth devices
Tried with another mob ( it works)
But I am not able to delete my phone name but all other phone which I tried got deleted.
Is there a way to reset the sync if ?

Perform a Master re-set and check. Its there as one of the menu options.

Okay, I hope this is the proper forum to state this, two days ago, I was on a visit to Apollo Hospitals, in Bhubaneswar, when I saw a blue coloured, Ford Ecosport, Titanium model, the strangest part was it was a left hand drive, was stunned to see it!! Couldn't find the owner of the car, and the guard was pretty amused seeing my excitement.
After finishing my work, I tried contacting the Ford people in Bhubaneswar, and they were confident enough to say I was joking, sad that I couldn't click a pic, but can any one here answer this question, How can a left hand drive car run here, that too a brand new one, why would someone import it, when its available here in India!!

Note from Support: Post edited. Please avoid capitalizing random words in your post. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonubbsr (Post 3394326)
How can a left hand drive car run here, that too a brand new one, why would someone import it, when its available here in India!

It is illegal to drive a LHD vehicle in India except for foreign consulate personnel and testing purposes by the manufacturer. Secondly, import of cars whose engine cubic capacities range between 1000 and 2500 has been banned. And finally, why would anyone in sane minds do that?lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonubbsr (Post 3394326)
Okay, I hope this is the proper forum to state this, two days ago, I was on a visit to Apollo Hospitals, in Bhubaneswar, when I saw a blue coloured, Ford Ecosport, Titanium model, the strangest part was it was a left hand drive, was stunned to see it!! Couldn't find the owner of the car, and the guard was pretty amused seeing my excitement.
After finishing my work, I tried contacting the Ford people in Bhubaneswar, and they were confident enough to say I was joking, sad that I couldn't click a pic, but can any one here answer this question, How can a left hand drive car run here, that too a brand new one, why would someone import it, when its available here in India!!

Note from Support: Post edited. Please avoid capitalizing random words in your post. Thanks!

Hi, did the car have an India registration number? It could be a test vehicle like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B41l_Qy4n8
If you notice that the car in the video has pre-installed DRLs which india spec doesn't have

Must be an export model running some durability / endurance road tests from Ford.
If a vehicle is used specifically for R&D purposes, LHD's are permitted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjab (Post 3394375)
Must be an export model running some durability / endurance road tests from Ford.
If a vehicle is used specifically for R&D purposes, LHD's are permitted.

I've seen test mules here on this website, it had no meters placed on the dashboard, and the car wasn't even under any type of disguise. Moreover, the funny part is, the guard mentioned that the people using the car were Indians, I would have assumed it to belong to any consulate or the UN, if foreigners were using it.
:OT The Guard at Apollo thinks, I'm a crazy person and not a dentist, for I bribed him, to give me a call the next time he sees the car there! Pictures are to be uploaded! stupid:

For all yellow color fans out there.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-yellow-ecosport.jpg

NB: Sad part is as of now yellow won't be up for sale.

This post has had contributions from some of the most positive people and people unhappy with the attitude of Ford. I followed this post for a few months but then... After a 5 month wait I was told in Dec 13 that my delivery is further delayed and will not be delivered in March 14 but is delayed until 2015 and the month cannot be confirmed.

What I did thereafter was the most obvious.

The contact at Ford who handed my dealer did not have the courtesy to respond to calls and revet to smses ... most times ... Just curious where there many others who faced this kind of attitude from Ford?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMJ (Post 3394513)
Just curious where there many others who faced this kind of attitude from Ford?

Believe me I did my best to get an allocation but in vain. I used to call the Ford customer care at least a couple of times everyday. They kept on saying some implausible things and tried to take me for a ride. Fed up with their sick attitude I gave a piece of my mind to the dealer and cancelled my booking. Some lucky chap must have got my allocation by now.stupid: