Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-548.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipnil (Post 3567246)
Guys, I am seeing Ecosport promotions on TV in recent days. Has the wait time gone down and there is quick availability? Earlier, I think they just relied on word of mouth publicity.

I checked in Bangalore, and the TDCI Titanium (all colors) are available within 20 days of booking. Ecoboost has longer wait periods. Seems like their full capacity is dedicated for TDCI top variant now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipnil (Post 3567246)
Guys, I am seeing Ecosport promotions on TV in recent days. Has the wait time gone down and there is quick availability? Earlier, I think they just relied on word of mouth publicity.

Yes there is quick Availability now. They didn't advertise much at launch since they didn't need it then. Now they do need some support from marketing.

We have a Ecosport Ecoboost in the family which has done about 3,000 kms. I am spending some time with it today and I noticed that there is shuddering in the second gear. Even when we slow down & cross a speed breaker, the car shudder's before taking off. It's not happening in the first or third gear. Is it the clutch or there is something inherent in ecoboost variants? The car is driven primarily in the city & till today was totally chauffeur driven.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 3567281)
We have a Ecosport Ecoboost in the family which has done about 3,000 kms. I am spending some time with it today and I noticed that there is shuddering in the second gear. Even when we slow down & cross a speed breaker, the car shudder's before taking off. It's not happening in the first or third gear.

What's the RPM when the shuddering occurs. The EcoBoost's torque comes in only around 1800 rpm, and from my experience, the engine is not at this speed if you're in second gear after a speed breaker.

I noticed while initially test driving this ecoboost variant that there is a terrible turbo lag while driving at city speeds. This is what made me change my booking from an Ecoboost to the TDCI variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 3567281)
We have a Ecosport Ecoboost in the family which has done about 3,000 kms. I am spending some time with it today and I noticed that there is shuddering in the second gear. Even when we slow down & cross a speed breaker, the car shudder's before taking off. It's not happening in the first or third gear. Is it the clutch or there is something inherent in ecoboost variants? The car is driven primarily in the city & till today was totally chauffeur driven.

Hold the gear lever when that's happening. Does it go off?

Check out the future design enhancements on the Ecosport. Called the Ecosport storme, Beauty and Beast. The Storm which apparently is modelled on the F22 Raptor appears to be the best of the lot.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/10/f...ow-2014-154603

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3552002)
If somebody at Ford is listening, its been quite some time since the Ecosport has been launched. Now, there is something called the CSD or Canteen Stores Department. 99% of Defence Personnel purchase their cars through CSD which makes these vehicles cheaper than the market rates by around 50-70k depending upon the model.

Ford has quitely kept only the Fiesta Classic available in CSD and the new Fiesta or Ecosport are not available. I personally know at least 10 such people who have walked over to a different brand just because Ecosport in not available in CSD. I hope Ford top brass does something about this because in a already sinking market, they are missing out on customers from the defence fraternity.

Good news at last : Ford has introduced the Ecosport in the CSD, but only one petrol (not the ecoboost) and two trims of diesel version are available.
Dear Ford, even Faujis can be car enthusiasts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3571254)
Good news at last : Ford has introduced the Ecosport in the CSD, but only one petrol (not the ecoboost) and two trims of diesel version are available.

That's great news indeed! Which city and which dealer confirmed this to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3571254)

With all due respect to Fauji's , they can easily buy any variant they want outside CSD. I am just trying to understand what is your point in last sentence ? :)
Ford is having hard time fulfilling demand of outside dealers that's why they are probably thinking twice before selling it with discount in CSD.

P.S: I am in no way associated with Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanedar (Post 3571645)
With all due respect to Fauji's , they can easily buy any variant they want outside CSD. I am just trying to understand what is your point in last sentence ? :)
Ford is having hard time fulfilling demand of outside dealers that's why they are probably thinking twice before selling it with discount in CSD.

True. Also what is the need to milk an already over-milked government?

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanedar (Post 3571645)

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 3571676)
True. Also what is the need to milk an already over-milked government?

Guys, it's a privilege those guys get for the job they chose! A lot of people take advantage of car lease programs (which they are entitled to, and thereby the associated tax savings). We all take any (legal) benefits we get - so give it a break please. :)

The 2015 Ford EcoSport could lose its tailgate-mounted spare wheel.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Image: Auto Evolution

I liked the tailgate-mounted spare wheel. Without it the visual appeal will definitely take a hit. It will look like a hatch on stilts with size comparable to punto/i20/polo.

Also notice that they have retained the boot button sensor on that fake handle. If it's like normal boot opening (which is pulling it up), it will be a bit tricky. There's nil gap between the boot and the bumper so you will have to rely on the fake handle to pull it open. The high positioning of this can be troublesome and the handle isnt all that strong to withstand numerous counts of boot openings.