Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-521.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3499632)
Folks, i'm really mad with the Bridgestones! Seriously need to get rid of these tires. Any suggestions? I've done 15k kms so will the old bridgestones be worth anything?

Check this thread for EcoSport tyres. There's been a lot discussed and recommended there.

I'm running Michelin Primacy 3 ST, and am totally satisfied with it. Others are equally happy with their (different) choices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3499676)
Check this thread for EcoSport tyres. There's been a lot discussed and recommended there.

I'm running Michelin Primacy 3 ST, and am totally satisfied with it. Others are equally happy with their (different) choices.

Thanks Arun. I'm equally confused as others! :) I will check the price of the brands mentioned here and then decided. Price for me is a pretty big factor.

Guys I came across these Brembo brake pads for Ecosport right here.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...Ecosport.html/

Has anyone installed these? I could not find any reviews for this. I know Brembo are pretty good when it comes to brakes but still a practical review would be helpful.

Also what is the lifespan of stock brakepads in Ecosport? I am guessing somewhere around 30-40K. Anyone here who changed the brakepads please confirm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksport (Post 3498941)
Question: What is the ideal interval for doing wheel alignment and balancing? The Ecosport manual suggests 10K kms or 1 year. The SA, during my 1 year service took a test drive and suggested that I wait till 10K as I only had 6K on the ODO. I wonder whether they skipped it because it was a Saturday and the service center was teeming with cars.

If you are in Bangalore try @ Madhu's Enterprizes, Langford road.
I have been there last weekend for My Brand New XUV WA/WB. Really a good and clean job done by them and they have some new equipment called Road Force Torque Balancing Machine. SA's will clearly explain you everything. For more details refer the below thread. Try to reach there early as it will get crowded if you go late.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

Ford is planning to add a third shift at its Maraimalainagar plant in an attempt to cut down the waiting period for the EcoSport.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Nigel Harris, President, Ford India was interviewed on 'CEO on the Drive', a programme aired on Bloomberg TV. Key takeaways from the interview:-

1. Ford India plans to soon begin selling spares over the counter. This is being done to make their products more accessible to people.

2. The Endeavour and Ecosport models will be retained for the foreseeable future.

3. 7 seater vehicles are 'important'. This was in response to a question referring to the success of the Ertiga and Mobilio. I guess Ford may launch a new model in this segment.

4. Ford expects 50% of its demand in the future arising from the Asia Pacific region driven by China and India. By 2020 they expect the auto market to increase to 7 million units annually.

5. Ford India is focusing on making the customer believe that they will be cared for. He emphasized that they are trying hard to change the impression that the cost of ownership of Ford vehicles is high compared to its rivals.

PS - Mods are requested to shift this post elsewhere if found to be off-topic.

Keyless entry and Start Stop button :

From the nissan micra review :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2189346

1.GTO tried removing the battery and key was detected and vehicle started.
2.Press button once and vehicle decides duration of crank . I used to keep the button pressed. Now after reading this , pressed it just once and it starts easily.

Hope this helps as some of us were looking into queries on keyless entry and button start.

Has anyone actually checked if the glove compartment cooler works?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3502428)

yes, nothing noticeable. I tried checking for airflow but didnt notice anything. As per the reports, I heard that it works only when the glove box is closed. But I had kept few tin cool drinks for an hour or so but no difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3502469)
yes, nothing noticeable. I tried checking for airflow but didnt notice anything. As per the reports, I heard that it works only when the glove box is closed. But I had kept few tin cool drinks for an hour or so but no difference.

There is a small vent inside the glove-box, that can be opened or closed, and when open, I can feel a cold draft blowing in.

It's about enough to keep cold-drinks and chocolates cool, but not enough to chill the things, you might want to! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3502428)

It hardly works. I kept a few coke bottles and it barely kept them cool. This is not at all properly implemented. I tried removing the glove box and seeing why it doesn't work. The air flow from the AC vent is too small and it's not well directed into the glove box hole. I had planned to do some fixing but forgot about it.

It works by keeping already chilled drinks cold. Damp your finger and turn a/c to lowest temp setting and keep finger next to glove box vent. you will feel cold air coming out of the vent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3502469)

Well i think the problem is most of us keep AC at 21-22C which means the glove box temperature is also somewhere there.
I think one needs to set temperature to LO to chill things down:) .

Yes, I agree. Also a can stays colder for more time than a bottle. A chilled can stays reasonably cold for 2-3 hrs. Even in peak summer noon drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3502702)
It works by keeping already chilled drinks cold. Damp your finger and turn a/c to lowest temp setting and keep finger next to glove box vent. you will feel cold air coming out of the vent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3502729)
Well i think the problem is most of us keep AC at 21-22C which means the glove box temperature is also somewhere there.
I think one needs to set temperature to LO to chill things down:) .

LOL. So to keep the can/bottle cool, we need to freeze ourselves. :D